Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and were off again

komloi have appointed unkown manager andreas singlesonn as there new manger

here is my profile

<A HREF="http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jpegiu8.png" TARGET=_blank>jpegiu8.th.png[/url

here is screenshot of my players,my team report my goalie and my best midfielder

playerssg3.th.png</A>

teamreportfg5.th.png

<A HREF="http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1ofmybestplayershu2.png" TARGET=_blank>p><p><a  href=http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6633/1ofmybestplayershu2.th.png' alt='1ofmybestplayershu2.th.png'></A>

jpegiu8.th.png

Razer82 – Juventus Bucharest – 2008 / 2009 – Romanian Second League Group 2

Manager Profile

League Table

Transfers SummaryTop Scorer

League

With a media prediction of 14th, I was expecting to be struggling just for survival but to my surprise at the halfway point we found ourselves sitting 4th as part of a breakaway group. Admittedly we were the worst of these teams, but I was just enjoying being up there!

After the 3-month mid season break! We came back very strong and by match 25 took the top spot on the back of an 11 match unbeaten run. This unbeaten run eventually went to 17 games and helped us secure promotion as champions with 2 games remaining.

We set the record for Team Points with 75 and Jaime La Torre for Top Goalscorer 22 in 30 appearances and Marius Argintaru for Most Assists – 14 in 31 games.

Cup

The minimum expectation was to make the 3rd round of the cup, which was achieved when we were defeated 3-2 by CS Otopeni from the Second League Group 1.

We obtained a parent club in Rapid Bucharest but none of the players they planned to send to us had the talent to displace any of my current squad from the first team – so I didn’t accept any of them.

My transfer dealings for the first window were limited to freebies until a week before the window closed and I remembered that I could adjust my budgets to get some money to spend. I quickly splashed some cash to strengthen the team.

This budget was also used for when the window reopened after the break to strengthen the defence, which had been slightly lacking up until this point. 3-1 up in one game and we were luck to hold onto a 4-4 draw.

Co-efficient

Club – 0.00

Nation – 41.880

ECC – 3

EC – 3

EV – 1

sorry gundo im an ablolute leedin idiot i foget to holaiday for a yr and thus dint get a newly prometed team and then i went and moved the game file and i cant find it for the 3rd and final time im going to get this write

Originally posted by max1994:

sorry gundo im an ablolute leedin idiot i foget to holaiday for a yr and thus dint get a newly prometed team and then i went and moved the game file and i cant find it for the 3rd and final time im going to get this write

No problem, 3rd time lucky... icon_biggrin.gif

TKP Torun - Polish First Division - End of Season Review 2010/11

Story so far:

2008/2009 - 8th place in Second Division (53 points)

2009/2010 - 5th place in Second Division (55 points)

2010/2011 - 3rd place in Second Division (63 points)

Well. I actually had convinced myself we could easily survive in the Polish First Division. However, after 6 defeats in my first 7 games, I decided that survival would be a good achievment.

By the time we got to the winter break - after 17 games (of 30), we were 14th in the table with 13 points, only 3 from the bottom, and 3 points from safety.

I made some signings in the transfer window, reallocating some of my excess wage budget into the transfer budget, and strengthened by bringing in a First Division quality goalkeeper to replace my vice-captain Piotr Leciejewski, who has played over 100 games for me, which was a disappointment, but he simply was not good enough at this level. I also brought in a new CB and RB, aswell as a new striker who managed 5 goals in his 15 games.

As a result of this strenthening our results did improve, however, our run in was very difficult, and despite our improving home record, most of our remaining home games were top 6 teams. We managed one away win all season, so our away form was never going to ensure safety.

In the penultimate game of the season we played Polonia Bytom at home, who were in 13th and safety. We trailed 1-0 at half time, but instead of losing my temper, I encouraged my team on, as we had played well. We won the game 3-1, and I thought we were heading for 13th place. But, tragically for us, Odra Wodzislaw, who were losing 2-1 at home at half time, struck a last minute winner to beat the reigning champions Zaglebie Lubin 3-2. We stayed in the relegation zone in 14th, needing a win or draw from our last game to get to safety. But, our last game was away at Zaglebie Lubin. Our cause was not aided by my centre back Toni Golem who got himslef sent off after 20 minutes and we lost the game 3-0.

That left us 14th in the end of season league table.

So, we went into the playoff with Second Division 3rd placed, who were LKS Lodz.

The first leg away we won 2-1.

We followed it up with a 3-1 home win , and secured our First Divsion status for next season.

I am hoping that as a result of some further strengthening, we should be able to ensure a more comfortable finish next season, and maybe challenge more in the cups.

Thanks pjtopor. I had a look through the thread a couple of days ago and saw your fantastic achievement at Hetman icon14.gif. You may be disappointed to know that Kobierecki only made 13 league appearences this season, scoring 6 goals.

So season summary:

First Division - 14th place (25 points)

Polish Cup - 3rd round (lost 6-0 Lech vs (A))

Polish League Cup - Finished 4th in Group C

Top Scorer - Grzegorz Misiura - 24

Cheers Supermas2. Oddly enough I kept trying to replace Kobierecki each season, and by the end of the year he'd be my most consistent goal scorer. It wasn't till the club's reputation increased and I could start buying African and Eastern European regens by the boatload they I finally offloaded him, and he actually went on to do pretty well for Widzew for a season or two before totally losing his wheels. He was a much better player before the adjustments in the last patch though. As soon as I installed the patch he pretty much lost everything but his pace.

Good luck in the OE next term!

max1994 juventus bucharest half seson update

here is a screenshot of my manager profile.

overview.jpg

here is one of my players.

players.jpg

Here is one of my finances.

finances.jpg

and finaly here is one of my tatic.

tatic.jpg

juventus bucharest season 08-09 halfway update

With a media prediction of17t things wern't looking to good, but on the upside at least e had some money. i managed to get some decent singings in with my highest transfer fee paid of 180k for a creative attacking mid finks didn't go to well in te preason frendlies most ending in defeat apart from my last 2 a 3-3 draw with a croation team 3-0 down at half time! A 5-0 drumming of slightly stronger croatian team. So therforei started the season in pretty poor form my first game was a 2-2 draw against heavily favoured opposition that was folled by a 1-0 win a 1-1 draw a 4-0 drumming of relagation favourites sacele. This was then followed by another victory 2 draws with my only loss in a 3-1 cup deeat aginst lower team but i did play my reserves icon_biggrin.gif.so 8 games into the season with 4 wins and 4 daws im sitting in 4th will I stay up there or will i sink like titanic who knoes find out in my next update.

Originally posted by max1994:

max1994 juventus bucharest half seson update

here is a screenshot of my manager profile.

here is one of my players.

Here is one of my finances.

and finaly here is one of my tatic.

juventus bucharest season 08-09 halfway update

With a media prediction of17t things wern't looking to good, but on the upside at least e had some money. i managed to get some decent singings in with my highest transfer fee paid of 180k for a creative attacking mid finks didn't go to well in te preason frendlies most ending in defeat apart from my last 2 a 3-3 draw with a croation team 3-0 down at half time! A 5-0 drumming of slightly stronger croatian team. So therforei started the season in pretty poor form my first game was a 2-2 draw against heavily favoured opposition that was folled by a 1-0 win a 1-1 draw a 4-0 drumming of relagation favourites sacele. This was then followed by another victory 2 draws with my only loss in a 3-1 cup deeat aginst lower team but i did play my reserves icon_biggrin.gif.so 8 games into the season with 4 wins and 4 daws im sitting in 4th will I stay up there or will i sink like titanic who knoes find out in my next update.

Just post the direct link to your image and it should work (No image tags needed). You can check if your link works before you post it by typing it into your address bar of your browser, I've found that a handy way of checking it in the past. icon14.gif

Chambers - Killyleagh - First 15 games update

My first 15 games have gone pretty well. After strengthening the squad with 6 new free signings we are predicted to finish 4th in the league.

The Intermaediate league cup went well, finished 4th in my group geting draws againt 2 Division 1 teams. We also managed to get to the 4th round of the Antrim Trophy before losing to Crusaders reserves.

In the league we have played 6 games winning 2 and drawing 4 leaving us in 3rd place.

So my total recore for first 15 games is Won 6 Drawn 6 Lost 3.

Apparently this means we have score alot of goals 2 per game?

And our form has mainly been down to this mans goals Coney

Chmel Blsany, 2012-13 Season Review

After our cup success last time, I had high hopes for this season with the added bonus of European competition. I had expected that becoming established in the top flight plus playing in the UEFA Cup would mean I could attract better players but I was disappointed. As usual, the best signings I could make were youngsters with potential. On top of that, three of my stars of last season became unsettled by summer transfer rumours. My DM, Sivakov, kicked up such a fuss I had to let him go. 500k + clauses was the best I could do as he only had 1 year left on his contract. Marie and Zeman, my creative forces in midfield and attack, were unhappy too but I held on to them in the hope they would settle down.

Of the players in, Aliev was the best signing. He's an Uzbekistan DM my scouts had picked up at the Asian Cup the year before who was now available on a free. He turned out to be the ideal replacement for Sivakov. Nestor, a defender I had on loan last time ame in on a permanent deal too and I signed a danish winger, Marc Olsen from Slaiva Prague to give some much needed cover on the left. Apart from that, I had a couple of players returning from loan who were ready for the first team.

UEFA Cup

I'll start where the season did with our first taste of continental competition. icon_cool.gif An easy first qualifying round draw against Gomel of Belarus presented little challenge but the next round looke da bit more tricky as we came up against Rapid Wien. A 0-0 game at home didn't leave us in a great position but the return leg was one of those great FM matches where everything clicks and we ran out 3-0 winners. Onto the first round proper and FC Zürich. Another 0-0 at home meant we needed to repeat the previous round's heroics to progress. An early goal put us in the driving seat. Zürich equalised but we had the away goal advantage. We were cruelly denied a place in the group stage when Zürich scored a winner 5 minutes into stoppage time. Gutted but satisifed and ready to go further next time. icon14.gif

Czech FA Cup

We were unable to repeat our success of last time as we were beaten in the quarter finals, somewhat disappointingly to Jihlava who were struggling at the bottom of the division. Nevertheless, we matched the board's expectations so it was good enough.

Czech 1st Division

It was a bit of a strange season in the league. We were undefeated for the first 22 games but we drew far too many matches - my sulking AMC and FC were affecting the team. Eventually, Zeman settled down but Marie just got worse and was repeatedly missing training so I dropped him and things began to look up as we turned those draws into wins. After the winter break we topped the table for a few weeks but lost a crucial game to 2nd placed Mlada Boleslav, who then overtook us and never looked back. Still, we performed very well in finishing second, which also means a return to the UEFA Cup next time. icon14.gif

Final Table (2012-13)

Blsany Best XI 2012-13 Season - new boy Aliev was the player of the year and deservedly so. Delmas and Becker were two of the youngsters back from loan who made a good impression. I still think I need an out-and-out goalscorer though.

Blsany Overall Best XI - not too many new faces but I expect that to change soon. icon_wink.gif

A look ahead

As we prepare for Europe next season, Marie is on his way out. Once he was dropped, I saw we could do just as well without him so it wasn't a hard choice. 750k will come in handy too. I released a bunch of below-par youngsters too. I've made two promising signings so far: Marias, a French AMC brought in from Slavia Prague (a good sign as he was transfer listed saying he wanted to move to a bigger club icon14.gif) and Andreas Nilsson, a Swedish regen (another good sign as he refused when he was first approachable in Jan but signed at the season's end). In other news, the board gave me a transfer budget this year! icon_biggrin.gif 200k isn't a lot and I doubt I'll actually spend it but it's the thought that counts. icon_wink.gif The board also decided to expand the stadium again - this time by a whopping 780 seats!! That will round the capacity up to a nice round 8000.

Here are the coefficients:

Club coefficient: 6.730 (286th)

Nation coefficient: 17.375 (23rd)

Domestic Titles: 0 (but that could all change this time icon_wink.gif)

Killyleagh - Season 2008-2009 Review

My first season in charge and things looked pretty good when I joined the club, some recent transfers and reasonably good players meant the squad was already predicted a 4th place finish. 6 free signings before the start of the season meant the squad looked strong enough to really compete at this level.

The Second division went very well, although never really going on a run of straight wins no other team really dominated the league either. We secured promotion on the last day of the season with a victory away at PSNI.

Two players really stood out for me this season, Coney managed 28 goalsin 32 appearances, and the young left winger McCaffrey managed a rating of 7.52 over his 23 games.

Squad after season 1

Season Summary

Second Divison - Second and Promotion

Irish Cup - Second Round - Lost 3-1 to Lisburn Rangers

Antrim Cup - Quarter Final - Lost 4-1 to Ballymena Utd

Intermediate Cup - First Round - Lost 4-2 to Annagh Utd

Intermediate League Cup - Group Stage - Finished 4th in group

Antrim Trophy - Fourth Round - Lost 3-2 to Crusaders Res

FC Bex - Season 2009/10

Another season of struggling was pretty obvious to me once my scouting failed to unearth any player with more than 4 start.

Predicted, once again, to finish bottom I managed to remove myself from any chance of relegation early on but this was mainly due to the inability of two teams in the division to put points onto the table.

This is the hardest game I've had in any FM series. No one wants to come and play in Switzerland at all, especially in the bottom division.

The top division has only 8 clubs and the relegated team manages to finish the next season undefeated. A cycle I am wondering whether I can break?

I finished 10th in my first season and struggled with a bank balance of -£180k. Season placing bonus of £350k put me in the black last time around. Once again this season I went into the red but only to the tune of -£60k. However, as I only finished in 12th my season placing bonus was only £250k meaning I am back at square 1.

From my squad list my only decent players seem to be the ones Sion, my parent club, have loaned me.

Next season I am going to loan in the maximum allowed as it helps me with less wages payments and they seem to be players of a better stock.

My aim is to get out of this division after 3 years.Next season I aim to finish in the black and 10th. The season after 6th and the third season in the top two. Anything better will be a bonus.

(If anyone has played in Switzerland before I am open to any tips)

Squad List

Table

Finances

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table *New

(Nat) League Year Club Username Achievements

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*(Pol) First 2017/18 Hetman Zamosc pjtopor 2 Champions League (2018,2019)

9 Domestic Titles

1 Uefa Cup (2017)

*(Nor) Premier 2020 Skjetten cookie15 1 Champions League (2020)

4 Domestic Titles

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Aus) First 2008/09 SV Grodig Gilbster -

(Blr) Premier 2012 Livadia RecliamTheKop -

(Blr) First 2008 Molodenchno Reverand&Makers -

(Bel) Premier 2029/30 Meldert CoachFlu 12 Domestic Titles

(Bel) Second 2009/10 KSK Hasselt saab693 -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 SW Harelbeke aqnfiqw -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 SW Harelbeke minisav -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 KSK Hasselt ridleys -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 RC Gent Razer82 -

(Cro) Premier 2023/24 Slovanja iacovone 9 Domestic Titles

(Cro) Premier 2013/14 NK Lokomotiva Zagreb Konquest -

(Cro) First 2008/09 NK Cakovec Spagbol -

(Cze) First 2012/13 Chmel Blasney DodgeeD -

(Cze) First 2009/10 Blasny glennuk -

(Cze) First 2008/09 Slavoj Vysehrad chopo -

(Den) Premier 2011/12 birkerød Alurny -

(Den) Second 2008 Svendborg Icelander83 -

(Fin) Premier 2012 Rakuunat Bluejacket -

(Gre) National 2008/09 Rodos corinthiano -

(Gre) National 2008/09 Niki V neilez2 -

(Hu ) Second 2008/09 Nagykata J Mo -

(Hu ) Second 2008/09 Komloi max1994 -

(Ice) First 2008 Víðir Garði aqnfiqw -

(Ice) First 2008 KS/Leitfer max1994 -

(Ire) First 2009 Sporting Fingal The_shocker7 -

(N.I) Premier 2033/34 Knockbreda NepentheZ 23 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2024/25 Downpatrick Gilbster 13 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2018/19 Sirocco Works dafuge 8 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2015/16 Lisbon Rangers gaijin 3 Domestic TitleS

(N.I) Premier 2015/16 Mosside Jimbokav1971 1 Domestic Title

(N.I) Premier 2010/11 Coleraine Crusaders gers51 -

(N.I) Premier 2039/40 Tandragee NepentheZ -

(N.I) Premier 2017/18 Portglenone Icelander83 4 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2018/19 Rasharkin ridleys 7 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2010/11 Knockbreda happy slappy -

(N.I) First 2011/12 Killyleagh AztecCrute -

(N.I) First 2008/09 Killyleagh PoopyPants -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Cookstown Olympic sergent21 -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Dollingstown jameslowe -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Rasharkin Linfield Fc -

(N.I) Premier 2008/09 Mosside foost -

(N.I) First 2008/09 Killyleagh chambers -

(Nor) Premier 2014 Randaberg IL Gundo -

(Nor) First 2014 Orn Horten jamieslowe -

(Nor) First 2010 FKUM Oslo rlipscombe -

(Nor) First 2012 KIL/Hemne CoatesyWins -

(Pol) Second 2011/12 TKP Torun Supermas2 -

(Rom) Second 2008/09 Lotus Luceafãrul 442to445 -

(Rom) Second 2008/09 CSM Sebes rfcabd -

(Rom) First 2008/09 Juventus Bucharest Razer82 -

(Rus) Premier 2015 Amur Blagoveschensk johnnyquest409 1 Domestic Title

(Ser) Super 2010/11 Obilic Belgrade dave safc -

(Ser) First 2008/09 Macva Des Tiny -

(Slk) Second 2009/10 FK Raca catesy2021 -

(Slk) Chall. 2009/10 Baden mocko666 -

(Slo) First 2008/09 Sencur spotg -

(Swe) Premier 2017 Gestrike-Hammarby IF Scab 2 Domestic Titles

(Swe) Premier 2010 Limhamns IF Truegunner -

(Swe) First 2010 Limhamns IF pl-fikander -

(Swe) First 2010 Gauthiod Suma -

(Swe) First 2010 Gantofta IF padmore_001 -

(Swe) Second 2009 VMA IK Gilbster -

(Swi) Premier 2012/13 FC Baulmes Jazza -

(Swi) Premier 2017/18 SC YF Juventus Annihilator666 -

(Swi) Chall. 2018/19 FC UGS ghostwriter -

(Swi) Chall. 2008/09 FC Bex Flashman's S' D' -

(Swi) Chall. 2009/10 FC Bex kccircle -

(Tur) Second 2008/09 Tokatspor Robot (SMFC) -

(Wal) Premier 2010/11 Afan Lido dlnwba86 -

(Wal) Premier 2011/12 Newport YMCA KLH84 - </pre>

Originally posted by kccircle:

This is the hardest game I've had in any FM series. No one wants to come and play in Switzerland at all, especially in the bottom division.

My aim is to get out of this division after 3 years.Next season I aim to finish in the black and 10th. The season after 6th and the third season in the top two. Anything better will be a bonus.

QUOTE]

I am about to start my 13th season in Switzerland. My highest position has been 4th in the CL. So not too sure whether I am the right person to give you any tips icon_biggrin.gif.

Basically turning pro appears to be the only way unless you get lucky with the relegated sides and they underperform. The top flight in 2020 is more or less exactly the same as it was in 2007 in my game. No teams like Yverdon, Delemont etc. have ever gone up, 80%+ of the relegated sides go straight back up. Not one semi-pro team has managed it. There was one season about 4 years back where we and Kriens had a chance (and once of us should have gone up), apart from that no where near.

The saving grace about Switzerland is the prize money, if you manage a few top 6 finishes and sell a few players I reckon by 2015 you could turn pro. Me, I should have enough money by the end of next season (2021). Then the fun and games start (hopefully). Not being allowed a parent club set me back a good 3-4 years I think.

In a couple of years (maybe already) some of the regens from the top flight will start leaving their clubs, most will probably turn you down but those that don't will still undoubtedly be ridiculously better than what you currently have. Scouting all SL players, around Mar/Apr, whose contracts will expire at the end of the season is a good tactic I have discovered. Good way to find youngsters, although most will either re-sign or turn you down.

To be honest, you are exceptionally optimistic to think you will go up in 3 years time. Then again, you might just be a better manager than me.....

Good luck, you will need it.

ps. it is quite reassuring to see other people having the same despairing thoughts about Switzerland as I have! It is by far the most difficult division I have ever played in, and there is a strong possibility that when I do go up, even after 15-20 years in the CL, I will come straight down again (it has happened to a couple of people already in this thread). I am still thoroughly enjoying the game, the feeling of success will be so great when I actually do achieve something!

@ Gundo:

As I would love to be in the Premier division in my first year of charge at Mosside, its a bit impossible icon_rolleyes.gif

So please change it next time to Second.

Thanks!

*(N.I) Premier 2008/09 Mosside foost -

Woho! Happy man here!

I just won after a hard match which ended after 120 minutes in 4-4, on penals! So I am in the quarterfinal of the Antrim Trophy! And that in my first season. Ok, ok in the league it aint going that good yet, but it seems we are cupfighters icon14.gif

Second round:

Mosside vs QUB* 0-0 (Mosside wins on penals)

Third round:

Mosside vs Grove Utd 2-0

Fourth round:

Mosside vs Chimney Corner* 4-4 (Mosside wins on penals)

Quarter Final:

Mosside vs Ards Rangers

*playing in Irish Second Division

Killyleagh 2009-2010 Season Review

I decided that the team that got me promotion from the Second Division were not going to be strong enough to compete in Division One. Out went 11 players from the club, 6 of whom were in the first team squad last season. Only one player was sold for any money, Adrian McCaffrey, one of the stars of last season, was sold to Distillery for 20k, not a great deal of money but enough tomake my finances look a lot better.

In came 7 pre-season signings, all on free transfers from lower clubs, the two that would definately so straight into th firt team were an AMC called Johnny Rios, signed from Dromara and a 19yr old GK called Nigel Neill signed from Nortel.

The season started very well, a god run in the Intermediate League cup saw us reach the semi-final, and our league form was reasonable, again with no team dominating we were still challenging near the top.

Coney our star goalscorer from last season couldn't hit a barn door, turning 30 seems to have ended his career, and was replaced in the starting lineup by Grant.

Grant could score goals but not on a regular basis, scoring a hatrick in one but then failing to score for 2 or 3 games. So in January a 19yr old called Scott McManus was signed on a free from Brantwood, he was exactly what was needed and on his debut, trailing 2-1 at half-time in the Intermediate Cup 4th round to Linfield Swifts, I brought him on for Grant and he repayed me by scoring 5 second half goals.

Our Intermediate cup run just kept going getting drawn at home every round, winning two rounds on penalties we made the final. Winning it in Style

Our end of season league form was also very strong, losing only one of our last 10 games and saw us finish again in second positon Final Table That meant we were in the promotion playoffs facing Larne home and away. First leg Not a bad result away from home, I was confident and looking forward to the second leg. Then disaster struck,McManus, who had scored 15 in 12 games since joining was injured in training meaning Grant had to be put in for the second leg, Second Leg No promotion this year but we will be back next year.

End of season player stats

Season Summary

First Division - Second - No Promotion

Irish Cup - Fifth Round - Lost 3-2 to Wakehurst

Intermediate Cup - Winners - Won 4-0 in final vs Banbridge

Intermediate League Cup - Semi-Final - Lost 2-0 to Newry

Antrim Trophy - Second Round - Lost 2-1 to Civil Service

Originally posted by foost:

@ Gundo:

As I would love to be in the Premier division in my first year of charge at Mosside, its a bit impossible icon_rolleyes.gif

So please change it next time to Second.

Thanks!

*(N.I) Premier 2008/09 Mosside foost -

Noted and changed foost. I don't know how that happened? Will be correct in next table. icon14.gif

Originally posted by ghostwriter:
Originally posted by kccircle:

QUOTE]

I am about to start my 13th season in Switzerland. My highest position has been 4th in the CL. So not too sure whether I am the right person to give you any tips icon_biggrin.gif.

Basically turning pro appears to be the only way unless you get lucky with the relegated sides and they underperform. The top flight in 2020 is more or less exactly the same as it was in 2007 in my game. No teams like Yverdon, Delemont etc. have ever gone up, 80%+ of the relegated sides go straight back up. Not one semi-pro team has managed it. There was one season about 4 years back where we and Kriens had a chance (and once of us should have gone up), apart from that no where near.

The saving grace about Switzerland is the prize money, if you manage a few top 6 finishes and sell a few players I reckon by 2015 you could turn pro. Me, I should have enough money by the end of next season (2021). Then the fun and games start (hopefully). Not being allowed a parent club set me back a good 3-4 years I think.

In a couple of years (maybe already) some of the regens from the top flight will start leaving their clubs, most will probably turn you down but those that don't will still undoubtedly be ridiculously better than what you currently have. Scouting all SL players, around Mar/Apr, whose contracts will expire at the end of the season is a good tactic I have discovered. Good way to find youngsters, although most will either re-sign or turn you down.

To be honest, you are exceptionally optimistic to think you will go up in 3 years time. Then again, you might just be a better manager than me.....

ps. it is quite reassuring to see other people having the same despairing thoughts about Switzerland as I have! It is by far the most difficult division I have ever played in, and there is a strong possibility that when I do go up, even after 15-20 years in the CL, I will come straight down again (it has happened to a couple of people already in this thread). I am still thoroughly enjoying the game, the feeling of success will be so great when I actually do achieve something!

Thanks for your help. It inspired me just as my interest was disappearing.

Horrified to see what you have said. It really is tough but I really hope I can get out of the division sometime soon. Third season so far and I'm 16th at the moment.

10th place gets £350k and 12th £250. Is it in £50k increments for each place? Agree the end of season cash payment keeps the clubs going

Razer82 – Juventus Bucharest – 2009 / 2010 – Romanian First League

Manager Profile

League Table

Transfer Summary

Top Scorer

League

We were predicted a finish of 18th – dead last. Our form in the first 4 games did nothing to show that we might be able to win any games, let alone stay up! We conceded 16 goals in these first 4 games. From then on the best way to describe things would be inconsistent, streaks of wins and loses but hardly any drawn matches – just 2 for the entire league campaign.

We did manage to produce a couple of shock results against the bigger teams from Bucharest, a 1-1 draw at home to Dinamo and a 4-3 victory at home to Rapid in the penultimate game of the season.

Overall I was pleased with the way we performed and was extremely glad that we managed to hold onto First League status with a few strong signings we should be making our way up the league next season.

Jaime La Torre was again our top scorer and finished 3rd in the goals table, with a tally of 23 but with his contract expiring and him refusing to sign a new one, we’ll be looking for someone to step up and fill his shoes next season. With Sergey Tonkikh being the most likely candidate.

Cup

Now that we were in the First League, we did not enter the cup until the 4th round, which was also the minimum expectation for us. So couldn’t really fail to disappoint there then! We did progress one round further after a 4-1 victory over Forex Brasov before being comfortably beaten 4-0 by defending league champions CFR Cluj.

Overall I was impressed with our results for the season, as I’d fully expected to be walked over by each and every team in the league so our final position of 11th was a great achievement.

Transfers were very limited this season due to the lack of any kind of budget, but the coffers should have been swelled by the £500k sale of Marius Argintaru to Poli 1921, had it not been for the 50% sell on clause that I had given his previous club when I signed him! Overall our Finances improved greatly with an overall profit of over £1 million leaves me hoping for a bit of money to spend next year – especially as we’d managed to sneak our way into the Euro Cup for next season. Hopefully this will make the club slightly more attractive to potential signings!

Co-efficient

Club – 13.213 (174th) – Which is the same as 6 other Romanian clubs in the rankings!

Nation – 41.880 (6th)

ECC – 3

EC – 3

EV – 1

Guest niresearch
Originally posted by ghostwriter:

I'm also playing in Switzerland currently, although im mixing my time between my Swiss game and my dafuge challenge game - and having just got Hednesford into league football my focus is there at the moment!

With regards to the Swiss league, im in my third or forth season but feel I am progressing each year. It is a complete pattern as you say of the relegated sides dominating and the promoted sides going straight back down. In my first season I finished just above the drop zone. I've relied heavily so far on my partnership with Basel and target defenders when bringing players in on loan from them. In my first two seasons I struggled to get goals but now I have a striker who is scoring for fun, just got lucky I guess! He is from Basel too and the rest of the team is made up of young players, think Im sitting around 7th at the moment, just after the winter break. Worried about turning pro now after hearing it sees an end to the feeder club! Despite the repetitiveness of the league, I do find it enjoyable and hope that by the end of 2018, Red Star Zurich will be a regular top flight club - a ten year plan is more realistic than a three year one!

I'm ready to give this another go after some technical problems saw my dafuge challenge cut short!

I've thrown my lot in with the Swedish and the newly promoted FBK Balkan. Started off with zero players and staff, but a chairman that loves the club and now myself.

I had plenty of time to find players, staff and get my team in order for the league. So long that I had to arrange some friendlies to keep from getting bored and to keep my players fitness up, usually leave that to the assistant but he wasn't doing anything. Not earning that £50 a week! icon_mad.gif

If it wasn't abundantly clear already that Balkan were small time, then this helped hammer that fact home. A bit the atmosphere is electric and I will be basing my entire season on teams crumbling within the cauldron of noise that is Rosengards IP! The players in the lower end of the Swedish leagues are mostly Conference South/North standard, so I was delighted when I signed this guy Marcelinho. He's since taken Swedish citizenship which was lucky as I'm only allowed 3 in the match day squad and he was my forth. I'm guaranteed to balls that up again and again through this challenge.

Finally I leave you with one of the cheapest first team players of all time Amara Kailie. The game clearly doesn't rate him, which makes me a little worried about him. However he's got acceptable pace, acceleration and balance. Not too mention that dribbling and technique is pretty good at this level so hopefully that'll be enough.

So that's Storzy - Swedish Leagues - FBK Balkan - 08/09 Season and I'm off!

Originally posted by Storzy:

I'm ready to give this another go after some technical problems saw my dafuge challenge cut short!

I've thrown my lot in with the Swedish and the newly promoted FBK Balkan. Started off with zero players and staff, but a chairman that loves the club and now myself.

I had plenty of time to find players, staff and get my team in order for the league. So long that I had to arrange some friendlies to keep from getting bored and to keep my players fitness up, usually leave that to the assistant but he wasn't doing anything. Not earning that £50 a week! icon_mad.gif

If it wasn't abundantly clear already that Balkan were small time, then this helped hammer that fact home. I bet the atmosphere is electric and I will be basing my entire season on teams crumbling within the cauldron of noise that is Rosengards IP! The players in the lower end of the Swedish leagues are mostly Conference South/North standard, so I was delighted when I signed this guy Marcelinho. He's since taken Swedish citizenship which was lucky as I'm only allowed 3 in the match day squad and he was my forth. I'm guaranteed to balls that up again and again through this challenge.

Finally I leave you with one of the cheapest first team players of all time Amara Kailie on just £5 a week. The game clearly doesn't rate him, which makes me a little worried about him. However he's got acceptable pace, acceleration and balance. Not too mention that dribbling and technique is pretty good at this level so hopefully that'll be enough.

So that's Storzy - Swedish Leagues - FBK Balkan - 08/09 Season and I'm off!

Edit.

Swedish League - FBK Balkan - 08/09 Update

April

Balkan 2 v 1 Fjaras

Nilsson, Marcelinho

Almeboda 2 v 3 Balkan

Marcelinhox2, Hogberg

April was just a brief month for us with the season starting on the 17th, but it was more than enough to feel me with confidence. We started brilliantly in both games and really took it to the opposition, likely taking them by surprise. Marcelinho staring in both games. However after we take the lead and look comfortable, we'll start looking nervy and mistakes start creeping in. I switch to a more defensive system but that just invites more trouble as we can't defend for toffee. Shame I like toffee.

May

Balkan 2 v 0 Kirseberg

Luis, Marcelinho

VMK IL 2 v 2 Balkan

Aberg, Sepic

Balkan 4 v 2 Hollviken

Carlberg, Sepic, Kailiex2

MABI 0 v 0 Balkan

Balkan 2 v 0 Hasselholm

Marcelinho, Sepic

Karlskrona 2 v 2 Balkan

Marcelinho, Kohlemainen

May was busy but we remain unbeaten with a 100% home record icon_biggrin.gif However we have looked very poor at the back, but I don't think I'll blame my tactics as the players are poor. Boy wonder Marcelinho got a injury missed the VMK and Hollviken games, but Sepic really stepped up to the plate. He's now forced himself in the 1st 11 alongside the Brazilian, this has been cemented by Luis getting a massive 3-5 month injury icon_mad.gif His stats have been in free-fall since I got him and I doubt this injury will help him. It's a shame because I had some nice versatility up-front. Marcelinho was a technically gifted match winner, Sepic is a poacher and Luis was a big fat man. I don't have the wage budget for a big squad but it's only 22 games so I didn't think this would matter, I just hope this doesn't cost me as Marcelinho is clearly going to be injury prone.

Still things look good and despite the great start the aim is to still stay the league and build for a challenge next year, I doubt we have the squad to last in even a 22 game season. Cups are going to be neglected.

Sencur End Of Season Review 2008/9 - Slovenian Second Division

Media Prediction: 9th

Board Demands: Avoid Relegation

I promise: Avoid Relegation

I make this my fourth stint in Slovenia, and the pattern is fairly well set. The Second Division is an absolute ****er to get out of (as hard as Switzerland I think, having played in both), and the only way to get anywhere at all for the first few seasons is to raid a parent club for loans, and traipse through the list of players released from division 1 in case there's a gem.

So, point one, parent club. Maribor are the only club in Slovenia ever to make the Champions League group stages (I think), and have the best youth facilities in the land. When they made the offer, I could hardly say no.

We took six or seven loans from them, most of whom would prove to be first team regulars.

Point two. We needed a team. One player and one player only was worth keeping from the dross that we were awarded, so we went shopping. Notable signings were Tadej Steharnik, and especially, ESPECIALLY, the extra special, how the **** did he sign for us, Borut Tisnikar

I had shopped well. Our team had a decent spattering of seven stars, and no-one less than four. We were looking good.

And as the season progressed, we proved ourselves good, joining the breakaway group of four at the top, and holding our own in the cup, where we even beat First Division Primorje in a run to the Quarter finals.

We scored nine points from nine against Krsko, which was nice, but as it happened Interblock were just too strong, and were clear in the league going into the last game. But a fabulous win in the last game away at 4th placed Aluminij put us into the promotion playoff against Rudar (V).

Then, tragedy. May 26th is the day that will live long in the memory, as Tisnikar picked up the injury that would keep him out of the playoff, and our two on-loan centre backs were called up to the Slovenia U19s for games that clashed with both legs.

Crushed by the blow, our boys capitulated 5-2 in the home leg, and that was the dream over for the season.

Slovenian Second Division 2nd

Slovenian Cup - Quarter Final

End Of Season Awards (You'll notice Tisnikar all over the place, and of course, we were overachivers..)

Danilo Spotgic - who was offered a new two year contract at the end of the season icon14.gif

Best Eleven - Tisnikar will take some shifting....

Hopes for next season - Finish above everyone who aren't called Livar (the relegated side), and help to relegate Krka (who sacked me after I took them to regular CL group stage football in this challenge last year. Bastards icon_mad.gif)

Hopes for this post - That it doesn't horribly break the page, and that I haven't screwed up the tags anywhere icon_biggrin.gif

Gundo Can you knock me off the list for FC Bex. I've given up. I forgot to save and havent the heart to get beaten every week again.

I've restarted in Northern Ireland with Cookstown Olympic. Having a bit of fun with them and never knew there were that many cups in Ireland.

Lastly - If anyone has logos or facepacks for Cookstown Olympic (they are not contained in the ones at the top of page 61) then please point me in the right direction

Season Update 0809 Cookstown Olympic

What a season. Expecting to get a pasting every week due to the media expectation of a 12th place (out of 12) finish my team performed wonders.

Over the first few games we were unstoppable. We were 1st going into the second half of the season. The main reason for this was Lee Wells. He was unstoppable, at least until I posted about him earlier in the forum. After i mentioned him he seemed to shy away from the publicity and couldn't hit a barn door for the remainder of the season.

Still, I managed to hang in there. going into the last game I was 3rd, on goal difference from Wakehurst. We had the bottom the the league team at home and they were away to a mid table team. It started well, we went into an early lead and Wakehurst were losing. We held on for a draw knowing Wakehurst were losing 2-3 and the end of match celebrations lasted a week culminating in an end of season open top bus trip around Cookstown.

One down side this season are my finances and also the numerous board takeover threats. I have the nucleus of a decent team and a few key purchases over the summer should be enough to make sure I don't come back down. Not having played in this division before I don't know what the standards in the higher divisions are but I wouldn't expect them to be much better. Pace seems to be a winner though!

League Table

Positional Graph

League Results

Club Finances

Star Player

Manager Overview

Managers Profile

Squadlist

Gundo - promoted to Irish First Division

sorry to see you give up kccircle but understandable given the number of games you'd have to replay.

the more people who play in switzerland and find it impossible, the less bad a manager i look!

end of season 12 update coming up as soon as i have written it.

UGS - Challenge League - 19/20

Table at Winter Break

The only activity during the Winter Break was a very significant one; offers came flying in for the stunning Bosnian MRC (Pehar) and I finally convinced Sion to pay a slightly ridiculous £1.5m (£1m of which is upfront) for him. It significantly weakened the midfield but well, I am not turning down money like that (well, tbh I was not given the choice). Given that Sion bought a few more players in as well, I was quite worried about my 5th place.

We started off with a gallop against Gossau before 3 straight defeats dropped us to 7th; 1-4 at home to Yverdon was particularly awful. That said it was not as bad as 1-5 at Winterthur a few games later. Thankfully the schedule meant we had some easy games to finish (the Winterthur one was supposed to be one of them icon_biggrin.gif) so we ended with 8 unbeaten. However none of the victories were in any way convincing and the draws were hardly inspiring either (hello, lucky home draw against bottom club). In the end we did enough to regain <A HREF="http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg289/ghostwriter3/ugs/1920finaltable.jpg" TARGET=_blank>5th place and stay there

</A>. That was mainly thanks to Sion completely falling apart again. Apart from that blip after the break, 5th was where we were for the second half of the season.

So, one point worse than last season with the same goals conceded but 14 less scored. Hardly progress but one position higher.

Pehar's departure definitely affected us a lot but not sure we'd have got 4th and anyway I don't really care given the money we got for him.

Final Squad

Final Summary

Transfers - Pehar was clearly awesome in every way, Adler was great, Rauscher scored a fair few while the rest were more than useful squad players

The "performers":

Best GK - Carsten Adler - very good, unexpectedly so as well, had been brought in as a back-up to Kouakbi, but well, he proved to be much better than that, all my keepers seem to have some kind of second season syndrome so not sure how he will be next season

Best Defender - Kim Ernst - good, not exceptional but the best defender last season (which says a bit) and noteworthy as he played in every single game, would like a bit better from him but would like that from all my defenders

Best Midfielder - David Schmidt - 2nd best midfielder really but the best is no longer here, very consistent, regular supply of goals, a few more assists would no go amiss though, more of the same please

Best Winger - Kelvin Leerdam - nowhere near as good as last season but still a good number of assists and he played well overall, a bit of improvement would be nice though

Best Striker - Arnaud Maric - who else? just as good as the previous season, still not hit the heights of his first 2 seasons here but 20+ goals again is not to be sniffed at, with Sutter on the wane I need someone to partner him with, Rauscher might be good enough.

Schaffhausen came down while Lugano beat Thun in the play-off which is not bad as the latter will lose a few good players and we actually finished above Schaffhausen in the CL a few years back. As long as the Summer goes well, top 5 should be gettable again.

On the finance side, thanks to Pehar we now have around £3.7m so with the prize money and if I manage to flog a couple of players for nice money (Schmidt and Ernst are the current favourites) the mythical £5m mark might be reached much quicker than I ever anticipated.

On the player front, the neverending quest for a DL continues while a Pehar replacement and another ST would be nice.

19/20 Best Eleven

Overall Best Eleven - just Schmidt in for Guichard

08/09 - Challenge League - 14th

09/10 - Challenge League - 15th

10/11 - Challenge League - 13th

11/12 - Challenge League - 11th

12/13 - Challenge League - 11th

13/14 - Challenge League - 9th

14/15 - Challenge League - 13th

15/16 - Challenge League - 4th

16/17 - Challenge League - 4th

17/18 - Challenge League - 7th

18/19 - Challenge League - 6th

19/20 - Challenge Leauge - 5th

Swedish League - FBK Balkan - Season 08/09

That was quick! The Swedish season is just a measly 22 games and no cups, I was thinking about giving a brief update every two months but that doesn't seem worth it with such a small league. Anyway we're were predicted to finish 11th in a 12 team league that relegates the bottom 2 and 3rd from bottom goes into a play-off. However only 1 team gets to go up, so I set my sights on survival. We started of brilliantly and I began to wonder if we'd actually win the whole thing, until we lost our first 2 games. This left us off the pace a bit but we responded brilliantly. This saw us back into great form coming up to the show down against table toppers Linhamn. They came up the same time as myself, but unlike me they were predicted to actually win the league. We weren't odds on to win this game at all.

They'd already beaten us once this season but were in great form and I thought we'd attack them instead and it worked!

Now I couldn't have asked for more, this must have crushed their morale and given us a great chance to gain promotion. The League was precariously balanced on the last day of the season. We just had to better them. Unfortunately the thrashing we gave them didn't have any long lasting effects and the table ended up like so.

Losing two games on the bounce didn't help, but we bounced back and went on great form winning every game but one. This was a two all draw which is what really cost us, I had 4 center midfielders out and was forced to play to sloggers that were bought in because they could play in so many positions. In FM08 your center mids are a lot more important you really see them breaking up play and knocking the ball about and these guys are just not good enough. We only drew that game because Marcelinho had another blinder.

The Players

The Finances

The Best 11

My board expect promotion this year and I plan on giving it to them!

Archived