Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Well then, the first leg of the semifinal was at Olimpico, I was really hoping just to keep it close, so I could perhaps get lucky at home. That's exactly what the boys managed:

Roma 2 1 Hetman

The return leg we started brightly, then Park Hee-Chan scored a marvelous bullet from an angle into the far corner on 24. Chailis followed up with an angled shot after a marvelous Tadic through-ball on 40, and we went into the dressing room in charge of the tie. After the half, Sokic was felled in the box by Roma defender Garibaldi. Chailis stepped up and confidently stroked the penalty home. 3-0 to Hetman.

Then the tie turned again, Roma scoring twice in the 64th and the 68th through Rosi and Garibaldi, taking the lead on away goals. Disaster for Roma on 80 though, as Garibaldi tried to overhead a Sokic throw-in, and he knocked it past his own keeper for an own goal, 4-2 Hetman. Finally on 88, substitute and Hetman skipper Lerato Mulaudzi fired home a Jan Bollman rebound for 5-2 Hetman. Okaka scored a consolation for Roma on 90, but it was all over.

Hetman 5 3 Roma

So 6-5 on aggregate, and Hetman are through to the Champions League final, to play Real Madrid.

Wow.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good results there pjtopor bet your heart was in your mouth when the tie turned and they got two, dont know how id have reacted i can only say it wouldnt habe been good.

Good Luck in the Final icon14.gif

And id like to say sorry my third game ive started and ive already quit i just cant seem to find an attachment to any league or team, though ive now started a game in Greece with Niki V i looked them up and really like the sound of them, im determined to get a good game going. Not going to post my profile yet though until i have firmly established that this game is going to be the ONE

Cheers

Hey im thinking of starting this as belgium or czech republic....Anyone been in either leagues?

I am right in sayign i just load up that nation Belgium for example and all the leagues in it? Then holiday til the begining of new season and see who is promoted, and take one of them ? icon_smile.gif

And how do you win the challenge? Winning the CL

Originally posted by glennuk:

Hey im thinking of starting this as belgium or czech republic....Anyone been in either leagues?

I am right in sayign i just load up that nation Belgium for example and all the leagues in it? Then holiday til the begining of new season and see who is promoted, and take one of them ? icon_smile.gif

And how do you win the challenge? Winning the CL

That's correct you holiday trough the first season and return on the relevant date (reset dates are in the first post in this thread) and then retire that manager profile and enter your new Manager, pick one of the newly promoted clubs to the lowest playable division within your selected nation (check their History page and previous league finishes to ensure they are eligible). After that your good to go. icon_smile.gif

Saving just before the new season is generated will give you a better choice of teams as you'll be able to load it up before the re-set happens as much as you want.

Make sure your manager reputation is set to 'Sunday league footballer' aswel.

2018 Champions League Final Preview

The 2018 Champions League Final will be contested between Hetman Zamosc, winners of the last 8 Orange Ekstraklasa titles and last seasons UEFA Cup winners and Real Madrid, 9 times European Champions. This will be Hetman's first CL Final, while Real Madrid will be in their first final since 2013, and looking for their first win since 2002.

Hetman Zamosc - Key Player Watch

GK: Seydou Konate - The Ivorian keeper has been at Hetman since 2012, and has improved every season, this year keeping 30 clean sheets in 63 appearances. Small for a keeper, he's weak in the air, but dominant on the floor.

MC: Dusan Nedeljkovic - The Bosnian midfield maestro joined the Polish champions in 2013, and has been a consistent threat from long shots as well as a brilliant corner taker for Hetman. His through-balls are a key to the success of the Hetman strikers.

FC: Bozo Tadic - The Croatian striker has been at the heart of everything for Hetman in the Champions League this year - often saving his best for the most important matches. He's tied for 2nd leading scorer in the CL with 12 goals in Europe, and his partnership with the Cypriot Michalis Chailis has been at the heart of Hetman's success the last 3 seasons. He's been in deadly form this season, with 30 goals in 31 appearances.

Real Madrid - Key Player Watch

FC: Gonzalo Higuain - The Argentine's 13 goals lead all scorers in the CL this year, and at 30 years old, has not yet lost any of his deadly pace. While not the most composed finisher in the world, his ability to create hatfuls of chances more than mitigates his propensity to squander them.

GK: Kasper Schmeichel - The Dutch keeper joined the Galacticos from Blackburn on a Bosman two years ago, and has been their first choice keeper ever since. He's been in supreme form, keeping 21 clean sheets in 43 appearances. He may not be his father, but he's no slouch.

DR: Christian Sanchez - The Mexican fullback has been a tenacious defender for the Spanish champions this season, seeing action in 49 matches, and average 5 and a half tackles. He doesn't have the pace to go bombing down the right anymore, but he's a wily veteran, and often takes the armband for Madrid.

Its a classic David and Goliath matchup - the legends from the Santiago Bernebeau versus the upstarts from OSiR, experience vs youth. Will the kids from Zamosc bring their slingshot?

pjtopor Nice preview. icon14.gif

How you going to go about reporting the final? You going to do it in stages (as it happens), half by half? or just in one single post?

Mon Hetman! icon14.gif

2018 Champions League Final - First Half Highlights

The Final is being contensted at the... Santiago Bernabeu?!? Ugh, a home match for Real Madrid.

2' Robert Sokic wins the ball of David Moreno of Madrid, feeding a long ball forward, Michalis Chailis wins the 50/50 with Christian Sanchez, flicking on to Bozo Tadic. Tadic is completely free, one on one with Schmeichel, and audaciously lobs the Dutchman. 0-1 to Hetman!!!

7' Gago plays a ball ahead to Aissati, who takes a shot, it deflects off Helge Nilsen, Konate gathers it safely.

10' Gago intercepts a Jevtic pass and fire first time, Konate beats it away and clears to safety.

24' Long throw by Sokic, headed behind by Izaola, corner to Hetman. Nedeljkovic tries the inswinger, Jevtic free of his marker, horribly wide.

29' Jevtic clearance collected by Chailis. He advances forward, then passes left to an unmarked Tadic, who screws his shot well wide.

33' Real turn up the pressure, Gago with a long shot turned behind by Konate, then Franck with a powered header tipped aside by the Hetman keeper, and finally, Gago misses a header wide from the resultant corner.

39' Gruszka throws the ball into Chailis, who strides forward, then tees up for Dobos, who blasts it first time, it has the beating of Schmeichel, but denied by the post.

42' Some good pressure from Madrid, but no defined chance.

45' Dobos plays a ball forward for Tadic, who lays it off superbly for Chailis, who creates himself space and skids a low-shot into the area, parried by Schmeichel.

End of the first half, Real Madrid 0-1 Hetman from the Bernabeu.

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjtopor:

UEFA Cup Winners!!!!!

Unbelievable. A gritty, composed performance from the lads. Chailis made a fantastic run in the 15' and slid the ball ahead to Tadic who made no mistake from inside the box. They pulled back a bit after that till Terry Dixon smashed home for Spurs from a goalmouth scramble in the 39'. The first half ended with Spurs in the ascendancy.

The second half was a nervy affair, with us trying to play keep-ball and Tottenham dangerous whenever they got their hands on it. Our second choice keeper, the Ghanaian Musah made several key saves. On 73' they replaced Jose Baxter with Mark Smith, and then on 75' a crunching tackle from Helge Nilsen, a Norwegian drafted in during the window when we had to sell our Romanian second choice centre-half, sent their second striker and goal scorer Dixon off for Adam Smith. With both strikers off, Tottenham looked less dangerous.

Then in the 80th, after some good possession, Gabor Dobos found Madariaga on the left wing. Our star Spaniard kept wide, then put in a low cross to Tadic, who was moving towards the near post, and he was tripped by Luizao. The referee immediately pointed to the spot, and I swallowed my heart. Chailis stepped up confidently, and after some furious Tottenham dissent which resulted in a booking, the Cypriot coolly slotted home. 2-1 to Hetman!

The last 10 minutes went by in a flash, I went hardcore time-wasting, and I still had all 3 subs, which I had been saving for ET/Penalties, so other than one chance in the 90' which Musah saved well, we killed off the match brilliantly, bringing the UEFA Cup home to Zamosc.

Unreal.

Superb achievement, I'll add that to the table. icon14.gif

Have you had any players who have kept loyal to the club yet? I'm talking 5+ seasons and show no signs of leaving and who still play consistently well for the club, you usually get one or two? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man is it hard to keep the good players. I'm thinking that in order for them to be happy at the club, they've gotta have high loyalty and low ambition, so they don't whine about going to a better team (even though you've won plenty of domestic trophies already).

Originally posted by cr4z3d:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjtopor:

UEFA Cup Winners!!!!!

Unbelievable. A gritty, composed performance from the lads. Chailis made a fantastic run in the 15' and slid the ball ahead to Tadic who made no mistake from inside the box. They pulled back a bit after that till Terry Dixon smashed home for Spurs from a goalmouth scramble in the 39'. The first half ended with Spurs in the ascendancy.

The second half was a nervy affair, with us trying to play keep-ball and Tottenham dangerous whenever they got their hands on it. Our second choice keeper, the Ghanaian Musah made several key saves. On 73' they replaced Jose Baxter with Mark Smith, and then on 75' a crunching tackle from Helge Nilsen, a Norwegian drafted in during the window when we had to sell our Romanian second choice centre-half, sent their second striker and goal scorer Dixon off for Adam Smith. With both strikers off, Tottenham looked less dangerous.

Then in the 80th, after some good possession, Gabor Dobos found Madariaga on the left wing. Our star Spaniard kept wide, then put in a low cross to Tadic, who was moving towards the near post, and he was tripped by Luizao. The referee immediately pointed to the spot, and I swallowed my heart. Chailis stepped up confidently, and after some furious Tottenham dissent which resulted in a booking, the Cypriot coolly slotted home. 2-1 to Hetman!

The last 10 minutes went by in a flash, I went hardcore time-wasting, and I still had all 3 subs, which I had been saving for ET/Penalties, so other than one chance in the 90' which Musah saved well, we killed off the match brilliantly, bringing the UEFA Cup home to Zamosc.

Unreal.

Superb achievement, I'll add that to the table. icon14.gif

Have you had any players who have kept loyal to the club yet? I'm talking 5+ seasons and show no signs of leaving and who still play consistently well for the club, you usually get one or two? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man is it hard to keep the good players. I'm thinking that in order for them to be happy at the club, they've gotta have high loyalty and low ambition, so they don't whine about going to a better team (even though you've won plenty of domestic trophies already). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting you should say that... I recently started pairing what promising yth players I have got with a Tutor who has high loyalty. It has thus far seen one or two of my prospects pick up Loyal personalities. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out in the future when we become successful?

2018 Champions League Final - Second Half Highlights - Part One

I'm extremely tense at the half - but I tell the lads they have one hand on the cup, truly I'm delighted with their first half performance, but I can't afford for the boys to take the foot of the gas. I have some individual words of encouragement for Chailis, who was instrumental in everything we did well in the first half.

46' Some supreme passing from Real straight from the second half kickoff leads to several half-chances, and then Moreno and Marcelo play a one-two which leads to a Moreno cross, met with a bicycle kick from Lionel Franck, but he puts it over the crossbar.

48' A Sanchez throw in is headed clear by Sokic, but right to Higuain who heads at goal, Konate turns it over the bar.

Madrid pressure is stifling right now, I change to a more defensive version of my tactic.

55' We respond to the changes by being smarter on the ball, and Hetman gets several shots in the vicinity though none look like threatening in 2 good minutes of pressure. If only we could get a 2nd goal.

59' Hetman tick-tack-toes the ball around on the right, Dobos and Sokic exchanging several passes, with the fullback Matejka getting involved as well. Finally Dobos has created some space and catches the run of Tadic, the perfectly weighted pass catching him in stride, to be followed by a powered shot that Schmeichel had no chance of saving. 0-2 Hetman!!!!!!!!!

65' Madrid has the Zamosc team under heavy pressure, shots careening about before one clatters off Dobos for a corner. Izaola sends a hanging ball in, cleared by Gruszka, but it goes straight to Izaola, who skins his marker and slots home behind the out of position Konate. 1-2 Hetman, goal for Madrid.

25 Minutes to go, up a goal, European Cup on the line. I may possibly have a heart attack.

2018 Champions League Final - Second Half Highlights - Part Two

68' Madrid in the ascendancy, Marcelo and Moreno passing back and forth before Moreno finds Franck, Franck tries a curler, it deflects off Dejan Jevtic, but Konate saves well.

71' More Hetman passing play leads to Sokic swinging a ball to Nedeljkovic, who blasts it first time, it looks ticketed for the top corner, but Schmeichel makes a fingertip save.

75' Madrid make two substitutions, like for like, midfielder and defender off, midfielder and defender on.

79' Ismael Aissati breaks down the wing, skinning Gruszka, who's having a torrid time, playing a through-ball for Franck, who take two steps and fires, Konate tips it round the post. Nothing doing from the resultant corner.

80' Real Madrid goes to 4-2-4. I wet myself.

82' I send Park Hee-Chan on for Nedeljkovic, and tell him start wasting some freaking time.

83' Park grabs a handful of Irartes shirt and gets himself booked for his trouble. Not exactly what I had in mind.

87' I send skipper Mulaudzi on for a tiring Tadic. Risky, as Tadic is my big match player, but he's tiring and I need to waste time.

90' My left back Gruszka picks up a knock, which gives Madrid plenty of chances to ping the ball around my box, but the boys are defending heroically and nothing comes of it before Madariaga clears. I'm going to sub off Gruszka, but I have absolutely no confidence in the fullback I have on the bench. I should have put Siara there, but Golaszewski can play both fullback spots so he's my typical cover. I'm trembling now.

Four minutes of added time, incidentally.

90 +5 Still no whistle, but Madrid is creating nothing. The ball deflects out to Sokic, who has been brilliant. He heads to the flag. Into the 6th minute of stoppages, he plays the ball off the defender for the corner.

WHISTLE!!!! HETMAN ARE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!!

Real Madrid 1 2 Hetman (FT)

pjtopor absolutely fantastic mate and heres me struggling to even get a goal and jumping from save to save, fantastic journey.

I have one question though will you be carrying on to defend your European Cup or is that it because i hope you carry on your save and defend your crown??

Magnificent Kidda icon14.gif

Thanks for the kind words. I'm still gobsmacked to be honest, didn't think we were at all ready. By far my greatest FM/CM achievement. I've won European Cups before, but usually with the likes of Arsenal or at worst Nottm Forest. Never with a team from Poland that starts in an unplayable league. icon_smile.gif

To answer the questions:

1. I'm more than likely going to continue - I've already continued my way to July, though I think I may take a little break before picking things back up. I'd like to see Hetman progress further. Though there are other things I'd like to do on FM before I'm through, so it remains to be seen.

2. No, not a lot of Poles in the first team squad. The quality of Polish regens has been wretched, I have the best two I've seen on my squad though, Mierzejewski came through my youth setup and he's my 4th choice striker, and won Young Player of the Year this season. Damian Mroz is my 3rd choice right winger, and he looks like he might be able to make it. Both my left backs are Polish, Siara and Gruszka, and both play for the national team. That's it though - the national manager is still picking old non-regens playing abroad mostly, and I can't say I blame him, there's very little talent coming through the OE. There is a marvelous Polish centre-half regen who came through Bayern's academy, as well. I haven't seen a good regen midfielder or keeper yet though.

Most of my squad is from Eastern Europe or Africa. The make-up of the 18 man squad that beat Madrid is as follows:

2 Bosnians

2 Croatians

1 Ivorian

1 Czech

1 Norwegian

1 Hungarian

1 Pole

1 Spaniard

1 Cypriot

2 South Koreans

1 German

1 Cameroonian

1 Nigerian

1 Belorussian

1 South African

The scouts are always busy. icon_wink.gif

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2031/32 (Season 25) - N. Irish Premier Division

To begin.........

got offered the brazil job - \o/ . Under challenge rules though, had to turn it down. /o\ . First international offer too, I'm very impressed. icon_smile.gif

Stadium Expansion - 8500 seats

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - Group Stage \0/

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - Winner

N. Irish Premier Division - Graph | Table

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland, 25th | Knockbreda, 114th

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Awards -

A. Smylie - N. Irish Player of the Year

A. Smylie - Player of the Year

A. Smylie - Top Goal Scorer, 38 Goals (league only)

P. Bohm - Young Player of the Year

C. Douglas - Manager of the Year

Other Info -

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Player Records

Team Records

Team Stats

Team Info

Players of the Season

Andrew Smylie - Whoaaaa. What a season. 112 goals, I do believe is a new FM08 record icon_biggrin.gif - He's played his little heart out this season, and is still incredibly young.! W0000T

Graham Downey - Played well this year. I was hoping for a stat boom from him, since he looked so good at 15. But it just isn't happening yet. (Fingers crossed)

Jandanaldo - A great season for him. Technically, he could become very gifted, but I'm going to have to do some work on the Physical area.

Simon Robinson - A great signing. I'm not usually keen on signing players over ... erm... 21 icon_biggrin.gif - but with him, I did good.

Season Summary

Very close to progressing from the CL Groups this season. Other than that, more dominance on the domestic front. I did something a bit "low" in the jan transfer sales. Linfield, who were tearing up the league (11 wins - 1 loss, to me) were looking great. Scoring shed loads, conceding very few. So I bought 9 of their first team players. icon_frown.gif - It worked, and the season for Linfield soon fell apart.

History

Season 18 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 19 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 20 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 21 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 22 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 23 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 24 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 25 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 21

Club Co-Efficient, 114th

Nation Co-Efficient, 25th

16/17 - Hetman Zamosc - Polish First Division

League Position - Champions

TABLE

Polish FA Cup - Winners

Polish League Cup - Winners

Polish Super Cup - Winners

UEFA Champions League - Winners

Treble message

Fans Player of the Season - Seydou Konate

My Player of the Season - Bozo Tadic

All that needs to be said about this season has been said, it was by far our best season. I only dropped 3 points in the league, away to Gornik Zaberze after the league had already been decided and my squad was stretched thin due to fixture congestion. The players who dominated the league were largely the up and comers, as you'll see in the awards section, the established club stars largely were tied up in the European campaign, the likes of Chailis and Tadic only played 6 or so league games this year. On an aside, the league as a whole seems to be improving a bit, Zabreze actually made the knockout round of the UEFA Cup, as you can see from the table, we get two CL qualifiers for 2018/2019. Hetman is just head and shoulders above the rest of the league, largely due to our foreign recruitment, while the rest of our teams are largely relying on crappy domestic players.

We saw significant improvement in the so-called 'B' team this year. Kayode Ibrahim developing into a force at centerback, Bartlomiej Mierzejewski coming into his own as a 19-year old striker, and Park Hee-Chan was a midfield dynamo. The next wave, led by Estonian left wing Sander Lill and Romanian DM Gigel Ilie also made an impression, and surely will allow me to sell some more players in the coming season.

Hetman's Domestic Awards Haul:

Manager of the Season

Team of the Season

Player of the Season

Young Player of the Season

More money, no problems for Hetman. We've moved to 22nd on the rich list, and we made another tidy profit this season, resulting in huge shareholder dividends. OSiR is gaining another 3000 seats in 2018, I imagine thats a conversion of the terraces. Here's the finance screen:

FINANCES

And the info screen:

INFO

With that, I think I'll take a little break before returning to Zamosc. I've been really wanting to do a career game where I switch clubs a lot, I've never really done that, I always fall in love and can't get myself to leave. I'm definitely going to play some more after that though, I want to see if I can get them to top the rich list, and to see if I can develop some young Polish talent and maybe take the Poland job now that it would be allowed.

Table Info:

Champions League x1

UEFA Cup x1

Domestic Title x8

Club coefficient 99.865, 10th, up 12

Nation coefficient 31.117, 12th, up 4

Hetman Zamosc

2008/2009 - Polish Second Division - 10th, FA Cup - 1st round

2009/2010 - Polish Second Division - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd round

2010/2011 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - 2nd round, League Cup - Quarterfinals

2011/2012 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Quarterfinal, League Cup - Semi Final, Champs League - 3rd Qualifying Round, UEFA Cup - 1st Round

2012/2013 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Final, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Group Stage

2013/2014 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Quarterfinals, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - 3rd Qual. Rnd., UEFA Cup - 1st Round.

2014/2015 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Winners, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Group Stage, UEFA Cup - Final

2015/2016 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Winners, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Group Stage

2016/2017 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Winners, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Group Stage, UEFA Cup - Winners

2017/2018 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Winners, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Winners

3 quick clarifications and I promise I'll stop spamming the thread:

1. The above should read 17/18 not 16/17.

2. I suspect Kayode Ibrahim's goal total makes it look like I'm using the corner exploit, but I'm not. He only scored half those from corners, the other half came from free kicks and long throws. The corner goals came from his near post setting. There's no doubt its too easy to score from set pieces in 8.0.2, but short of not trying at all I don't really know how to avoid that. My routines are the same as they were in 8.0.1.

3. I referred to Kasper Schmeichel as a Dutchman earlier, when obviously he is a Dane. I apologize to anyone from Denmark I may have offended.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table *New

(Nat) League Year Club Username Achievements

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*(Pol) First 2017/18 Hetman Zamosc pjtopor 8 Domestic Titles

1 Champions League (2018)

1 Uefa Cup (2017)

*(Nor) Premier 2020 Skjetten cookie15 1 Champions League (2020)

4 Domestic Titles

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Aus) First 2008/09 Admira Wacker Alurny -

(Blr) First 2009 Livadia RecliamTheKop -

(Bel) Premier 2029/30 Meldert CoachFlu 12 Domestic Titles

(Cro) Premier 2023/24 Slovanja iacovone 9 Domestic Titles

(Cro) Premier 2009/10 NK Lokomotiva Zagreb Konquest -

(Cze) Second 2008/09 Chmel Blasney DodgeeD -

(Fin) First 2009 Rakuunat Bluejacket -

(N.I) Premier 2031/32 Knockbreda NepentheZ 21 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2013/14 Sirocco Works dafuge 3 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2011/12 Coleraine Crusaders gers51 -

(Nor) Premier 2012 Orn Horten jamieslowe -

(Nor) First 2010 Randaberg IL Gundo -

(Nor) Second 2009 FKUM Oslo rlipscombe -

(Rom) Second 2008/09 Lotus Luceafãrul 442to445 -

(Rus) Premier 2015 Amur Blagoveschensk johnnyquest409 1 Domestic Title

(Ser) First 2008/09 Obilic Belgrade dave safc -

(Slk) Second 2009/10 FK Raca catesy2021 -

(Slk) Chall. 2008/09 Baden mocko666 -

(Slo) Second 2014/15 NK Verzej saab693 -

(Swe) Premier 2014 Gestrike-Hammarby IF Scab -

(Swe) First 2009 Limhamns IF pl-fikander -

(Swe) First 2010 Gauthiod Suma -

(Swe) Second 2009 Korsnas IF FK AztecCrute -

(Swi) Premier 2012/13 FC Baulmes Jazza -

(Swi) Premier 2017/18 SC YF Juventus Annihilator666 -

(Swi) Chall. 2014/15 FC UGS ghostwriter -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Maesteg Mike_Cardinal - </pre>

This is the New and updated challenge table. Any users who haven't updated for a while will not be included on the table, however feel free to post your current standings and I'll happily add the relevant info to the table. icon_smile.gif

Season 2015 Review - Gestrike-Hammarby IF in Swedish Premier Division

I switched from my rather simple 4-4-2 of previous seasons and division to a counter-attacking 4-5-1, and boy did it do the trick.

League Table

Past Positions

Curse my trend of bad results toward the end of the seasons... A great position compared to last year's 12th, but I can't help but feel a little annoyed at not holding on to the top spot. In my defence, IFK Göteborg were unbeatable for the latter part of the season.

Squad

Transfers

Sent out the scouts all over Scandinavia and they came back with a few gems I'm excited about, such as this guy. None quite good enough to fit into the first team just yet, however.

Rookie of the Year Monopolization

This award is almost rigged for me - half the team is eligible for it. Just like last year, we grabbed all three spots. ^^;

Swedish Cup Final

Some comeback, this! At half-time I thought we'd lost it for sure. As I just recently discovered, this qualifies us for the UEFA Cup qualifiers next season. icon14.gif

European Play

Seeded for the EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd

This came as a surprise to me, but I guess it's the Swedish Cup that qualifies you for it. I can't say I expect to go very far in this tournament...

EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 2

Semi-professional Valur didn't offer much competition. We cruised through this round.

EURO Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 1

The away leg made me really optimistic - an optimism Hibernian quickly crushed in the home leg by dominating play and taking the lead within 20 minutes. Luckily for me, Willie Scott picked up a silly 2nd yellow for protests and we could win this pretty comfortably against 10 men.

<A HREF="http://static.pici.se/pictures/PXgTOfabd.png" TARGET=_blank>EURO Cup 1st Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 1st Rnd Leg 2

Complete domination. Given that I'd sold my best striker to CSKA Sofia just last season I was a bit worried, but this proved uncalled for.

EURO Cup Group Stage</A>

While any given team at this point is bound to give me problems, I could've imagined an easier group, and the in-game media seems to agree. Oh well, this should net me some nice attendance income.

EURO Cup Grp F, Everton

A ridiculously unfair result that I can't stop giggling about. icon_biggrin.gif

To be continued...

Club Coefficient: 4.220

Nation Coefficient: 12.792 (24th)

Domestic Titles: 0

Originally posted by Scab:

Season 2015 Review - Gestrike-Hammarby IF in Swedish Premier Division

I switched from my rather simple 4-4-2 of previous seasons and division to a counter-attacking 4-5-1, and boy did it do the trick.

League Table

Past Positions

Curse my trend of bad results toward the end of the seasons... A great position compared to last year's 12th, but I can't help but feel a little annoyed at not holding on to the top spot. In my defence, IFK Göteborg were unbeatable for the latter part of the season.

Squad

Transfers

Sent out the scouts all over Scandinavia and they came back with a few gems I'm excited about, such as this guy. None quite good enough to fit into the first team just yet, however.

Rookie of the Year Monopolization

This award is almost rigged for me - half the team is eligible for it. Just like last year, we grabbed all three spots. ^^;

Swedish Cup Final

Some comeback, this! At half-time I thought we'd lost it for sure. As I just recently discovered, this qualifies us for the UEFA Cup qualifiers next season. icon14.gif

European Play

Seeded for the EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd

This came as a surprise to me, but I guess it's the Swedish Cup that qualifies you for it. I can't say I expect to go very far in this tournament...

EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 2

Semi-professional Valur didn't offer much competition. We cruised through this round.

The away leg made me really optimistic - an optimism Hibernian quickly crushed in the home leg by dominating play and taking the lead within 20 minutes. Luckily for me, Willie Scott picked up a silly 2nd yellow for protests and we could win this pretty comfortably against 10 men.

<A HREF="http://static.pici.se/pictures/PXgTOfabd.png" TARGET=_blank>EURO Cup 1st Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 1st Rnd Leg 2

Complete domination. Given that I'd sold my best striker to CSKA Sofia just last season I was a bit worried, but this proved uncalled for.

EURO Cup Group Stage</A>

While any given team at this point is bound to give me problems, I could've imagined an easier group, and the in-game media seems to agree. Oh well, this should net me some nice attendance income.

EURO Cup Grp F, Everton

A ridiculously unfair result that I can't stop giggling about. icon_biggrin.gif

To be continued...

Club Coefficient: 4.220

Nation Coefficient: 12.792 (24th)

Domestic Titles: 0

congrats on a good season, Scab! icon14.gif

Congrats pjtopor icon14.gif

Obilic Belgrade - 08/09 - Serbian First League

Media Prediction - 15th

Final League Position - 3rd (Promoted!)

Serbian Cup - Did not take part for some reason.

Final League Table - Table

Season Overview

I thought this would be our best chance of getting out of this division, as there were 8 promotion spots up for grabs in total. I quickly put together a side capable of promotion with 7 of my first choice 11 being loanees, 6 of which came from Partizan Belgrade. They were much better that anything I already had at the club and proved that by getting us that 3rd place finish.

B]Obilic Belgrade - 09/10 - Serbian SuperLeague[/b]

Our first season in the SuperLeague!

Media Prediction - 16th (Bottom)

Final League Position - 6th

Serbian Cup - 2nd Round

Final League Table - Table

Season Overview

A very pleasing season indeed! Unexpected as well. Lost seven elevenths of my team that got me here, with no money to strengthen the squad. My scout was working overtime to find me some players who were good enough to keep me up. I took a hoard of players on trials and found some diamonds amongst the rough.

I decided to play open attacking football with a view to keeping it relatively tight at the back (the aim of most managers I guess icon_cool.gif ) and really take the game to the opposition, this backfired on some occasions but a 7-0 over Napredak was evidence it worked. We also had a memorable win over our giant neightbours Red Star Belgrade.

We were in a four way fight for 3rd place pretty much all season but we fell away towards the end and finished 6th which was still great achievement. Onwards and upwards!

I've just won the Serbian Cup!! icon_biggrin.gif

Cup Win

Brought Tatic, a 5k signing in my first season, on in the 85th minute and the rest is history. I was cursing to the high heavens when they scored and let out a massive roar when we scored in the 4th minute of injury time.

Obilic are heading to Europe next season!

I should stop spamming this thread so much icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Hey, Slavia Prague B has come up for me in the reset. Can i take them over? They werent in the second division before, and are a complete seperate team from slavia prague so.....??

Actually they are slavia pragues reserves/b team....so can i choose them or not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glennuk:

Hey, Slavia Prague B has come up for me in the reset. Can i take them over? They werent in the second division before, and are a complete seperate team from slavia prague so.....??

Actually they are slavia pragues reserves/b team....so can i choose them or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry im an idiot, it wont even let me try and join them...anyways....will let you know as soon as i join a team.

Right ok sorry....this is the last question.

Can i take over a club called bisany...only worry i have is even though they have just been promoted they won the Czech FA Cup. So is that still allowed?

Here is their history challenegblsanyxc8.jpg

Ah well hope it is sorry i can't wait!

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4807/blasnicprofilerj6.jpg

I Am starting as Blsany, and i start in the Euro Cup (I think this is because they won the FA cup last season) I tried to get a different team to come up and loaded it 5 times, but it is always either someones B team and Blsany or two B teams!

I dont think there is anything against it as they are a previously unplayable team and there is a chance for most unplayable team to win their cup and go to Europe, but it will probably make the challenge slightly easier as you will have a higher reputation than other previously unplayable teams and players will want to join you for Europe.

Anyhow, Good luck

anything against it as they are a previously unplayable team and there is a chance for most unplayable team to win their cup and go to Europe, but it will probably make the challenge slightly easier as you will have a higher reputation than other previously unplayable teams and players will want to join you for Europe.

Anyhow, Good luck

Cheers. Yeah its a pity i start with No Cash! No Staff and very few good players

they won the cup then must have had the easiest run ever seen in a cup competition

Yeh they must have....i have another question. I know i can only sign players i can scout or get on trial. But does that mean i can go to make an offer for a player that i cant scout, but like make an offer of a trial. Then when they come on trial can i bid?

Well i have made ALOT of signings so far 18 including loans.

My Two BIG signings have been

Gaucho - A 28 Year Old brazilian who has scored 4 goals in my first 4 appearances.

Sbrlea - A right Winger/Striker who comes from romania, he is a very promising young player, and is already considered a key player.

I used most of my wage budget as transfer instead, by bidding for players then asking my board to allow me to adjust the budget icon_smile.gif

Congrats, pjtopor! icon14.gif

I'm glad it was against Real Madrid - don't like them much after my last CL Final. icon_smile.gif

My Meldert game will be on hold for a bit longer than I had planned. The computer on which FM is installed (and thus also holds the Meldert savegame) broke down this weekend, so my break will be extended to <whenever it's repaired>.

I think (hope) it's the power supply and the HDD isn't affected (still waiting for confirmation on that), so I should be able to continue eventually.

I scored 2 goals against palermo in the euro cup, 1 in each leg.

Pity they scored 10 goals against me.....5 in each leg icon_frown.gif

Nevermind. At the mo i am just top of the Czech 2nd Division with Blsany, after some good signings, and great young loanees!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">they won the cup then must have had the easiest run ever seen in a cup competition

Yeh they must have....i have another question. I know i can only sign players i can scout or get on trial. But does that mean i can go to make an offer for a player that i cant scout, but like make an offer of a trial. Then when they come on trial can i bid? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any player that has the get scout report button is ok to sign. Other than that you have to sign them on trial first before you approach them to sign. Or any players that your Coaches or Players have advised you to buy, that is acceptable. icon14.gif

Randaberg IL 2010 Norwegian 1.divisjon

1.divisjon - 5th place.

Norwegian Cup - First rnd. icon_frown.gif

Well our first season in the first divisjon went very well and eventually we finished in 5th place. This season saw us go the whole campaign unbeaten at home! Fortress Randaberg has been born. icon_biggrin.gif This season was the story of the Professional clubs and the only pro club we managed to finish ahead of was (6th)Sogndal. The others (4th)Bodø/Glimt, (3rd)Aalesund, (2nd)Start and Champions Sparta where the other pro clubs. We where never really in the race for promotion, although we did have glimpses of hope once or twice of sneaking into the play-off spot, but they disappeared as quickly as they arrived.

Player wise our young squad did really and the driving force behind the Randaberg bandwagon was this guy. icon14.gif

Another of mention, who at the start of the season I didn't hold out much hope for was Per Christian Myhre. He really did do fantastic and despite his relatively lowish attributes, he did a superb job and was our creative spark from the left wing. icon14.gif

Other then them... Well Solberg was immense from center mid/striker, Aker was very solid at the back and the GK Asle Andersen had a consistent season again.

We certainly need to add 3/4 more good squad players if we are going to challenge next season. The vultures are circling our young prospects aswel, so it's going to be a task to keep hold of them (luckily it seems most of them are fairly loyal, so maybe they'll be content for the time being?).

Archived