Really hate international games

Especially during the euros or world cup year which makes the schedule so compact, players come back tired or injured.

Of course this affect the other teams too but with the irrational international managers behaviour and player interaction it make it very annoying.

Your best player just came back from injury? Play him in every friendlies and injured him again! When you express your displeasure to the press, the international manager will reply he will do anything to win games, ya play your injury prone player in endless friendlies and risk missing him for the crucial qualifier? Are you stupid?

Players not selected who are out on internationals duties or on low conditions due to said duties than complain every time for first team football!

If you withdraw your players from international, you risk making them angry.

And the press keep saying that so and so don't deserve to start due to lack of first team appearance. Its not my fault that your best player is an under 18 who is not good enough to start for any team in the league, or even the next 2 leagues below me!

I really hate internationals..

What I try and do is make sure I give my top players, who are likely to play the full 90 minutes for their national side, either a rest, or a sub if I've got the game won. That keeps their condition higher and reduces the chances of them getting injured.

Obviously it's not always possible, but if you've got a great winger who has played a lot for you over the past couple of months and is a star for his national team then you need to think; 'ok maybe I can give him a break after 60 minutes because he's bound to play the 90 minutes for his national side'

Archived