Odd formation chosen by the Assistant Manager

Came back from vacation to find a string of terrible and unpredictable losses.

I suspect because the club was playing an inappropriate formation: a 4141-DM.

We have no DMs on the roster. No one is even rated as capable at the position. The players that were forced to play the position (generally a ball-winning M© from the reserves/youth) received less than a 6.0 match rating while one of our regular AM©s and M©s sat on the bench.

Our three tactics are a 4231wide, 4411 and 451, and while I didn't restrict the Assistant Manager to follow current match tactics, he chose the random 4141-DM formation.

The AM's favorite formation is a 3-5-2. The only staff whose favored formation that includes a DM is our Head of Youth Development (and he hasn't brought in any DMs in years), a fitness coach, and a U21s coach. Most of the staff prefers a 442 or 4411 formation.

Are you actually telling someone how they should play the game?

I would wager there are many many players that skip the matches, unlike the OP though people set the assistant to use the formation the player uses, that was the only 'mistake' the OP made.

If my team has already won the league or are sitting mid table with nothing to play for I have sometimes set the assistant to manage the games using my tactics for the remaining games, it is a means to an end to get to the new season quicker.

Everyone plays their own way.

Are you actually telling someone how they should play the game?

Nope not in the slightest. I've never skipped a game in my entire FM life. Just find it weird that people do. I wasn't having a go at all.

But like you said everyone plays their own way, each to their own.

you can get the assman to use your tactics if you set up the match THEN holiday :p

which i resort to doing when I can't be bothered.... they also have an annoying habit of fielding players you don't want to use :lol:

The problem is, they do screwy things with the roles you've set in your tactic. I sometimes holiday through useless cup games (using a downloaded file that has Aberdeenshire Cup for example; after a couple of promotions, what's the point!?!) and was surprised to see, looking at the analysis, the bizarre roles/duties the assman chooses. If I set up that way, it would be a blood bath. Just strange.

Archived