players getting their 1st ever goal or 1st goal of the season against you?

has anyone else had a strange pattern of players in the ME getting their 1st ever goal or 1st goal of the season against you?

i'm not talking about opening games of the season or even the first 3 months, i'm talking at the mid-range to end of season where defenders and midfielders that haven't scored always do against you, then some go on to get their 2nd goal too

it's not a complaint but does this happen to anyone else?

I think this is just a perception thing. What happens is that every time someone scores their first this season, a little message about it pops up. This means you will NOTICE it every single time. You won't notice it in the hundreds of goals scored where the message doesn't appear because there's no special notification

I feel like this always happens to me all the time. I go to the players profile and notice they've been playing horrible all season but they just so happen to get a goal against me. But i agree with Vlobben, it probably doesn't happen as often as we think. We just notice it more when it happens.

Much like when you're running late, you'll hit every red light on the way and curse every single one. On the days where it's easy going and you're on time the red lights are oblivious to you.

Lol, this makes me laugh! Does my head in when 30 games in and its my team he scores his first against!! If i wrote down all the first goals against me and compared to season total it i know would be a small percentage

One of my Villa saves Hepburn Murphy (or something like that) is a 15 year old striker that I started in my first game and he got me a goal, he also became the premier leagues youngest ever scorer. Not bad for somone who never played after that.

Years back there were other threads like that, and ultimately it was resolved by discussing the statistical chance of it happening. Long story short, facing so many teams over a season, with so many players, you'll see it's quite a few times over a season.

It's like the ol' "How many people do you need in a room for it to be more likely than not that two share a birthday?"

Playing Spurs, ruling the world, winning everything...

Loss a match to some bottom league team. 5-1. Some guy with 3 long range shooting, scored again and again long range shots, we are talking 25+ range goals.

I just don't think the engine should ever create a situation where someone with 3 long range shooting can score over and over in the same match. He shouldn't even be trying those shot's in the first place and even if he did, it should never result in multiple long range goals in the same match.

I just don't think the engine should ever create a situation where someone with 3 long range shooting can score over and over in the same match. He shouldn't even be trying those shot's in the first place and even if he did, it should never result in multiple long range goals in the same match.

I know not the same circumstances but Chris Smalling was on a hattrick at half time a few weeks ago....proof that literally anything can happen in football.

I think it's more than selective memory. AI managers set up their defense in another way than human managers (and they all do in a similar way, because they use the same algorithms). So when the AI methods of 18 AI managed teams are successful against a certain striker, chances are that you as the human manager do something in a different way, which is most probably less effective

Archived