Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

I bought Naymar years ago, he is team captain, but in the assman report he is now listed as completely and utterly unable to blend into the squad.

I don't know if this is the primary reason for the team falling apart, but having your team captain suddenly be like a new player, can't be healthy.

Its a sign he has a different personality to most of the rest of your squad.

Over time you sell players and bring in new ones which can cause the team personality to change. Therefore players that did fit in before can find themselves not fitting in with the newer players.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone bother to do this when you have already made it clear that there isn't going to be another patch? Just asking. I'm quite happy with FM15

There might not be another patch for FM15 but FM is always an ongoing WIP and there will be another version - FM16.

There might not be another patch for FM15 but FM is always an ongoing WIP and there will be another version - FM16.

Yes but we have to pay another 30 quid for that one. You would think SI might manage to fix some of the problems on their own before then.

Its not just a question of balance though you need to look at it from a wider perspective and be able to judge it from a neutral POV.

Extra information such as:

A) Your rep and current level of your discipline attribute?

B) What team are you managing in and which league? Whats the league rep?

C) What are the squad status of the players complaining?y

D) How many games have they played/started in the current season? How many have your team played?

E) What are their personalities?

When you consider all that you have much more information and be able to make an unbiased and informed judgement as to whether the players have a realistic issue or not.

I'm not sure you followed the point I was trying to make. I accepted in my post that the complaints may be realistic. The issue I have is that a whole host of things could be included in the game to make it more realistic, for example it could be a real-time simulation and you can ONLY watch a match in full game mode (i.e. 90 minutes duration). That would be realistic. It would also detrimentally impact on my enjoyment of the game. Players moaning every second day may be realistic. It is not fun having to deal with it.

Yes but we have to pay another 30 quid for that one. You would think SI might manage to fix some of the problems on their own before then.

You would think people would realise that they do fix the vast majority long before then, but that individual examples always help. Now unless you have particular feedback on this update we can move on.

You might think some people would do some research into how coding works and how complicated FM is before complaining about it ;)

I'm not sure you followed the point I was trying to make. I accepted in my post that the complaints may be realistic. The issue I have is that a whole host of things could be included in the game to make it more realistic, for example it could be a real-time simulation and you can ONLY watch a match in full game mode (i.e. 90 minutes duration). That would be realistic. It would also detrimentally impact on my enjoyment of the game. Players moaning every second day may be realistic. It is not fun having to deal with it.

It's easy to deal with it if you pick the right responses and get to the root of the problem. It could be down to the squad status of the player?

It's easy to deal with it if you pick the right responses and get to the root of the problem. It could be down to the squad status of the player?

Yeah, I know the responses required to appease them. I only wish it was a less frequent conversation I had to have.

True but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

SI have decided that its realistic to deal with player issues just like its realistic to have to deal with press conferences, injuries & losing.

I guess if you want to discuss what should or shouldn't be in the game best thing to do is to open a new thread on the subject.

I've just noticed that the 'Team of the Year' bonus option during contract negotiations has disappeared. I've tried it for numerous contracts, new players and contract renewals.

Is this the same for everyone? Apologies if it's already been brought up

Yeah, I know the responses required to appease them. I only wish it was a less frequent conversation I had to have.

You and me both but it's just one of those features you just have to get used to. Maybe in FM16 there will be an option to send the assistant to have these conversations. :D

I'm not complaining just making a point. Getting people to pay full price for a Beta, releasing a couple of patches that fix some of the problems they have highlighted and then saying 'okay that's it... you have to wait for the next full price version before anything else may or may not get fixed' just isn't acceptable.

I can understand how that worked five years ago but hey FM have taken the buck and gone on Steam now where game updates are easy and frequent. That's the whole point... it's simple and you get an update as soon as it's released.

I'm tired of hearing how complicated the FM game code is. If it's that complicated then it obviously isn't being re-written every year, just modified yet we still get charged as a new full price game each time. SI can't have it both ways.

True but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

SI have decided that its realistic to deal with player issues just like its realistic to have to deal with press conferences, injuries & losing.

I guess if you want to discuss what should or shouldn't be in the game best thing to do is to open a new thread on the subject.

I'm happy with it being in the game. I felt that pre 15.3 it was a little annoying but wholly manageable and the balance/where the line was drawn was reasonable. I now simply feel like that line has moved a bit too far.

Perhaps being able to leave your assistant to deal with it would be beneficial in future, but then that is a new suggestion rather than for discussion in this thread.

I'm not complaining just making a point. Getting people to pay full price for a Beta, releasing a couple of patches that fix some of the problems they have highlighted and then saying 'okay that's it... you have to wait for the next full price version before anything else may or may not get fixed' just isn't acceptable.

I can understand how that worked five years ago but hey FM have taken the buck and gone on Steam now where game updates are easy and frequent. That's the whole point... it's simple and you get an update as soon as it's released.

I'm tired of hearing how complicated the FM game code is. If it's that complicated then it obviously isn't being re-written every year, just modified yet we still get charged as a new full price game each time. SI can't have it both ways.

At some point development has to start on the new version, or it doesn't get made. Every piece of software has the same issue. At somepoint you must start work on the next edition

It is that complicated and a tremendous amount of work goes into it every year. A cut off point still exists. If the model doesnt satisfy you, then stop buying it

Rolling out an update on steam doesnt even being to cover the amount of work that needs to go into the update first.

Now back to 15.3

Well look Mr Sheep, we will have to agree to differ but I'm not sure that 'don't buy it' is a particularly helpful response from a mod.

To be fair I love this FM, it's brilliant. I would just point out that no, not "Every piece of software has the same issue" - plenty of games issue Steam updates and improvements / fixes even years after they are released. SI can get away with a full price release yearly because there is no competition in this genre. Fair play to them but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

Just done a test on my 2021 Stevenage save:

Pre patch: 2:15 to save

Post patch: 0:39 to save

Big thumbs up from me!

Wahey, here's to hoping there aren't big enough bugs to force a 15.3.1. Who knows, maybe fixing it twice will keep it high on the testing list.

It's 1.21am. Most people are in bed. May I suggest waiting till they are at least awake.

I came in from work looking forward to starting a long save with new updates and I have an unplayable game now, like a few others on the bugs forum, FM is world wide so that may be the time here but not everywhere. :(

I came in from work looking forward to starting a long save with new updates and I have an unplayable game now, like a few others on the bugs forum, FM is world wide so that may be the time here but not everywhere. :(

The devs who are going to look at it are at UK time. In the mean time, you'll need to provide more detail about your issue in your thread. System, graphics card etc (specs from your dxdiag would be very useful) current in game graphical settings etc.

Few subtle changes in the right areas I've noticed so far, in my own experience for a long time using the highest defensive line setting has been extremely effective - even without the quickest of defenders. It's a lot more intuitive and as you would expect now, in that it comes with a certain risk of leaving yourself exposed. Removed this from my 4-1-4-1 formation that I use and it suited the players I had far more and defended more as I would expect a team of relatively limited defenders. Build up play is looking more measured and controlled now as well, without looking as direct as it did before at least.

Okay, haven't played enough under the update to figure out what to complain about (although 3 long-term injuries in each of the first two games would probably qualify), but I'm happy to find that the pre-game editor is fixed - I can actually see the mouse cursor now and can navigate all the menus. It's a small thing, but now I can restart my experiment/sign up that I was previously forced to run under FM 14.

Oh, yeah, and the decrease in save time is very welcomed.

It has to be something to do with certain cards and set ups, people saying the game was fine before and now saying that the players have lost all animation, they are just frozen and basically sliding up and down.

Certainly something for SI to work on, looks like there will be another update after all. ;)

Having spent almost eight hours grappling with this issue - deleting caches and preferences and verifying cache around half a dozen times in total and experimenting with just about every graphic setting - I have abandoned the game for tonight.

At one point the problem appeared to cure itself but then, on the next match, it was back: crucified corpses on ice. And back it has stayed.

The latest update has rendered the game unusable for what appears to be a significant number of players, which is obviously hugely disappointing. And so far (1:58am) I have not seen any responses from the mods to users who have posted about this issue, which is almost as disappointing.

It's not going to be left like this, is it?

H And so far (1:58am) I have not seen any responses from the mods to users who have posted about this issue, which is almost as disappointing.

There's your answer- It's 2 a.m. when you posted.

Having spent almost eight hours grappling with this issue - deleting caches and preferences and verifying cache around half a dozen times in total and experimenting with just about every graphic setting - I have abandoned the game for tonight.

At one point the problem appeared to cure itself but then, on the next match, it was back: crucified corpses on ice. And back it has stayed.

The latest update has rendered the game unusable for what appears to be a significant number of players, which is obviously hugely disappointing. And so far (1:58am) I have not seen any responses from the mods to users who have posted about this issue, which is almost as disappointing.

Help out and post in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421002-15.3-Update-Match-Engine-Issue-The-Zombie-Glide

The more information they get and peoples specs etc the more chance it'll get fixed.

Help out and post in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421002-15.3-Update-Match-Engine-Issue-The-Zombie-Glide

The more information they get and peoples specs etc the more chance it'll get fixed.

People should definitely be posting their system and graphical specs, and the current settings they have in game. Preferably in their own bug threads. As a test, just ran it on very high with no skating. That said my specs are:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.141211-1742)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7918

BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/27/14 15:07:36 Ver: V2.2B0

Processor: Intel® Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8144MB RAM

Page File: 21442MB used, 1864MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 760

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1187&SUBSYS_28471462&REV_A1

Display Memory: 4038 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB

Shared Memory: 2048 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: VE228

Monitor Id: ACI22FA

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.4752 (English)

Driver Version: 9.18.13.4752

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

So you wouldnt expect it.

I've had nine out of thirteen bit part squad players, all of them back-up status, complain about lack of first-team football as soon as we hit the transfer window. I thought this was being toned down, or would it have been worse in 15.2.1?

From the changelog: "- Fixed players becoming happy with playing time despite not playing any games"

That suggests it was made more strict.

I haven't really played with FM 15.3 yet. The initial patch notes seem a bit underwhelming. There's a decent bit I like, but I also see some notable things left out. I'm much happier with 15 than I was with 14; still, I do find the cyclical grind depressing. I think I'm just at a point where scheduled yearly releases aren't for me. I got sick of Madden and FIFA and the 2K franchises because I got sick of hearing that bugs would be fixed for next year, and that's more or less where I am with FM.

I've had nine out of thirteen bit part squad players, all of them back-up status, complain about lack of first-team football as soon as we hit the transfer window. I thought this was being toned down, or would it have been worse in 15.2.1?

It sounds like "there are too many players complaining about lack of first team football, particularly at odd times", meant to them "not enough players complaining about lack of first team football".

Allthough annoying (and indeed I suffer with the same problem), the game is not unplayable. Or would you argue that all those who prefer playing in 2D mode is not able to enjoy the game? It's an annoyance for those of us that do prefer to watch the matches in 3D, and it is something SI clearly haven't seen or been aware of until the release of the patch. Probably meaning that none of their testers have the exact combo of graphics cards/ drivers/ setup that is necessary in order to provoke this issue/bug. The issue will be addressed. Chill.

Hi, just updated the to the new patch but the matchday infos I usually use on the screen (Home team ratings, away team ratings, match stats) suddenly disappeared. I tried to deselect them and reselect them and it just wont show up anymore. Not sure where to ask this or where should I go to but yea I tried quitting the game and restarting the game and reselecting the matchday infos but it still wont come up. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Hi, just updated the to the new patch but the matchday infos I usually use on the screen (Home team ratings, away team ratings, match stats) suddenly disappeared. I tried to deselect them and reselect them and it just wont show up anymore. Not sure where to ask this or where should I go to but yea I tried quitting the game and restarting the game and reselecting the matchday infos but it still wont come up. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Press "Restore All" at the bottom of the widget selection

Well look Mr Sheep, we will have to agree to differ but I'm not sure that 'don't buy it' is a particularly helpful response from a mod.

To be fair I love this FM, it's brilliant. I would just point out that no, not "Every piece of software has the same issue" - plenty of games issue Steam updates and improvements / fixes even years after they are released. SI can get away with a full price release yearly because there is no competition in this genre. Fair play to them but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

When SI went on the "use Steam or don't bother buying" route, one of the major justifications was that patches, hotfixes, updates etc could be released on an ongoing basis. It was a great leap forward ahead of all this panic stricken (sometimes release day) fix for out of the box, followed by the traditional next patch that messed things up totally, followed by the final patch which got it into its final (usually excellent) condition.

So what do we have now - the old fashioned days of waiting for major patches which we then have to like or lump, or the shiny new workers paradise of the constant Steam updates and the convenience and promised customer satisfaction therein?

At least we still all chuckle at the justifications of the current apparent glitches by the same crowd that made excuses for the old ones, despite the justifications for the new ones necessarily invalidating the justifications for the old ones.

And why are SI so suddenly insistent on players whinging over game time? Why? Does that mean the game was broken before?

I've worked out why not all scorers show,it's cos this update breaks 3rd party skins !! Why is it that whenever Si does an update they manage to break things that were not broken before ??? !!!

If SI had to be mindful of third-party add-ons when working on updates, then they would never get an update out. Please raise the issue in the skinning forum for the relevant skin in order to make the person who created it aware.

Interesting penalty shoot outs. I won 16-15!!!

Certainly finishing seems a slight concern compared with the CCC stats but will need further testing. Shooting seems quite powder puff at times and goals from crosses seem to have totally vanished and as the poster above says headers seem very weak. I am getting a few woodwork hits as well when it seems easier to score.

Just observed that the new patch changes the default player set-piece instructions around a little. I was surprised to see that I suddenly had more players marking the 6-yard box when defending corners than I thought I had. I had 3 players manually set to do this, but the game had in addition given my AML (support) player that instruction by default. Not something I'm very keen on, to be honest.

• FrazT locked this topic