• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only played 1 game this season....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What season are you in?

What about the end of the last season?

I suspect gametime carries over from season to season.

Contract negotiations are feeling all a bit contrived in FM15. The "non-negotiable" options on both sides leave a bit to be desired. It all just comes off as a bit forced when a player with no other offers on the table has his agent outright declare "I want a minimum release clause less than you'd accept if I were already at the club, or I'm walking away", this derailing negotiations, and then this player going on to retire when no one else offers them a contract.

Having "non-negotiable" on the players side makes sense in an abstract way in that it gives the player a chance for the negotiations to not be overly repetitive and make it clear that certain clauses won't be in the deal, but for it on the AI side to try and force clauses seems utterly bizarre. It comes across as shoehorning the abstract player side of these negotiations into the game side. Personally I'd think that the only places that "non-negotiatible" even make sense is in "there will be no such clause". i.e. the agent telling you that he does not one the club to have optional extra years on the contract, or the player not wanting goal bonus. Having "everything else is complete negotiable, expect I want at least a £125k goal bonus after 15, let's be clear about that number, 15 goals." just comes across as a bit odd.

Again, from an abstract point of view giving the player those tools might work, as it allows them a way of communicating something, and when confronted with the changed demands (i.e. non-negotiable small agent fee, then suddenly they want 50% more wage), they can still change their mind. It gives the player the tool you'd have in an actual negotiation where you can discuss what they'd want in exchange for "limit here" or "no 'such and such' clause". But for the AI to use it the way they are now it essentially is just frustrating as it kills many negotiations for pretty much no reason for what comes across as a gamey forced mechanic.

Personally I wouldn't be having "non-negotiable" at all, but rather a "high priority" or "limit this" options in negotiations, as it would better represent what is seemingly being done. It gives both sides a level playing field, and allows for better negotiation. For example:

Agent: "I feel strongly about needing a release clause. Whilst my client doesn't see this club merely as a stepping stone, we would be far more comfortable with such an option in place"

Can be represented better by having such a release clause marked as high priority. It could act much in the same way as it does now to the AI, except when "backed into a corner" by such priority terms, they could state it clearly to you one last time they aren't comfortable with such terms, and are about to leave negotiations. Essentially, it works as non-negotiable does in a rough sense, but they can still say no if they feel strongly enough.

I don't know, just some thoughts from playing through a transfer window on 15.3.0.

Contract negotiations are feeling all a bit contrived in FM15. The "non-negotiable" options on both sides leave a bit to be desired. It all just comes off as a bit forced when a player with no other offers on the table has his agent outright declare "I want a minimum release clause less than you'd accept if I were already at the club, or I'm walking away", this derailing negotiations, and then this player going on to retire when no one else offers them a contract.

Having "non-negotiable" on the players side makes sense in an abstract way in that it gives the player a chance for the negotiations to not be overly repetitive and make it clear that certain clauses won't be in the deal, but for it on the AI side to try and force clauses seems utterly bizarre. It comes across as shoehorning the abstract player side of these negotiations into the game side. Personally I'd think that the only places that "non-negotiatible" even make sense is in "there will be no such clause". i.e. the agent telling you that he does not one the club to have optional extra years on the contract, or the player not wanting goal bonus. Having "everything else is complete negotiable, expect I want at least a £125k goal bonus after 15, let's be clear about that number, 15 goals." just comes across as a bit odd.

Again, from an abstract point of view giving the player those tools might work, as it allows them a way of communicating something, and when confronted with the changed demands (i.e. non-negotiable small agent fee, then suddenly they want 50% more wage), they can still change their mind. It gives the player the tool you'd have in an actual negotiation where you can discuss what they'd want in exchange for "limit here" or "no 'such and such' clause". But for the AI to use it the way they are now it essentially is just frustrating as it kills many negotiations for pretty much no reason for what comes across as a gamey forced mechanic.

Personally I wouldn't be having "non-negotiable" at all, but rather a "high priority" or "limit this" options in negotiations, as it would better represent what is seemingly being done. It gives both sides a level playing field, and allows for better negotiation. For example:

Agent: "I feel strongly about needing a release clause. Whilst my client doesn't see this club merely as a stepping stone, we would be far more comfortable with such an option in place"

Can be represented better by having such a release clause marked as high priority. It could act much in the same way as it does now to the AI, except when "backed into a corner" by such priority terms, they could state it clearly to you one last time they aren't comfortable with such terms, and are about to leave negotiations. Essentially, it works as non-negotiable does in a rough sense, but they can still say no if they feel strongly enough.

I don't know, just some thoughts from playing through a transfer window on 15.3.0.

Doesn't it all come down to the player not really having memory of any previous encounters? That way they'll approach every negotiation as their first, last and only chance at employment. In the first case, I don't think playing hardball is that bad, but if they then don't get any other offers, the player's stance should soften and they should reopen talks for less.

It does seem like players have one set of numbers in mind at negotiations, no matter who they're talking to, or how many other rivals they have. For me, those numbers should change come every negotiation.

Team A offers Player 50k, he wants 100k, talks break down

Team B offers Player 40k, he wants 100k, talks break down

Player realises his demands are too high, lowers them

Team C offers Player 35k, he wants 60k (he knows another team offered him 50, but still tries to push it higher), talks break down

Team A comes back with offer of 52k, he accepts.

Something like that.

I know that we often see players accept much lower deals at other clubs, but that kind of proves the point too, just in reverse.

I'm not normally one to give feedback or criticise, but need to on this occasion.

Firstly, I will state that 99% of the game works great for me, as it did on all of the FM15 versions so far. Since the 15.3 update, I've not experienced any animation issues, or had any problem with high-scoring games etc. On occasions, player interaction 'logic' isn't great, but I haven't seen it get any worse on the latest update. So there's lots to be positive about.

The one thing that has dramatically changed on 15.3 is the injuries. I'm very open-minded to this sort of stuff, and in my first four years at my current club, I had quite a bad run of injuries (either training or matches) which tested my skills. However, it was manageable, and with a bit of squad rotation it was fine. In some ways it actually helped me to keep fringe players involved, and I felt that if I could finish matches with 11 men on the pitch, and make the odd tactical change, I was happy enough.

Since the update, having not changed anything in training or tactics etc, almost 50% of my matches have ended up with three necessary substitutions for injured players (sometimes in the first half), and often a fourth player is unable to complete the game (sometimes the substitutes after minutes of coming on). I am no longer able to make tactical changes or rest players at sub 75% condition during the match, like I used to. I am rarely able to complete 90 minutes without two, three or four 'red' injuries - those that cannot just be ignored. Orange injuries are fine, even 'red' injuries are fine, but to constantly see a match with three or four players injured and unable to continue is a bit too much.

For balance, I only select starting players with condition over 90% (usually 95%) and don't ever intend to bring on any substitute with less than 90%. At the moment, I'm not selecting teams, or making tactical decisions - I'm just trying to get through games. My actions during a match no longer feel like anything to do with managing, now it's basically just about finishing a match with 11 players.

I'm quite expecting just to be told it's my tactics, or it's my training. I'm not daft - I can tolerate challenges, and I can see problems. In summary, the frequency of injuries before (although not great for me at this club) was manageable. Now it's showing more frequency and more severity, and it's really not working as it probably should.

I'm not normally one to give feedback or criticise, but need to on this occasion.

Firstly, I will state that 99% of the game works great for me, as it did on all of the FM15 versions so far. Since the 15.3 update, I've not experienced any animation issues, or had any problem with high-scoring games etc. On occasions, player interaction 'logic' isn't great, but I haven't seen it get any worse on the latest update. So there's lots to be positive about.

The one thing that has dramatically changed on 15.3 is the injuries. I'm very open-minded to this sort of stuff, and in my first four years at my current club, I had quite a bad run of injuries (either training or matches) which tested my skills. However, it was manageable, and with a bit of squad rotation it was fine. In some ways it actually helped me to keep fringe players involved, and I felt that if I could finish matches with 11 men on the pitch, and make the odd tactical change, I was happy enough.

Since the update, having not changed anything in training or tactics etc, almost 50% of my matches have ended up with three necessary substitutions for injured players (sometimes in the first half), and often a fourth player is unable to complete the game (sometimes the substitutes after minutes of coming on). I am no longer able to make tactical changes or rest players at sub 75% condition during the match, like I used to. I am rarely able to complete 90 minutes without two, three or four 'red' injuries - those that cannot just be ignored. Orange injuries are fine, even 'red' injuries are fine, but to constantly see a match with three or four players injured and unable to continue is a bit too much.

For balance, I only select starting players with condition over 90% (usually 95%) and don't ever intend to bring on any substitute with less than 90%. At the moment, I'm not selecting teams, or making tactical decisions - I'm just trying to get through games. My actions during a match no longer feel like anything to do with managing, now it's basically just about finishing a match with 11 players.

I'm quite expecting just to be told it's my tactics, or it's my training. I'm not daft - I can tolerate challenges, and I can see problems. In summary, the frequency of injuries before (although not great for me at this club) was manageable. Now it's showing more frequency and more severity, and it's really not working as it probably should.

Its not to do with your tactics, i posted on day 1 of 15.3 that the injuries were too extreme again. They ninja fixed the injuries in 15.2 without mentioning it and nerfed them in 15.3 again without mentioning it.

Its not to do with your tactics, i posted on day 1 of 15.3 that the injuries were too extreme again. They ninja fixed the injuries in 15.2 without mentioning it and nerfed them in 15.3 again without mentioning it.

No they didn't.

a) I have a striker out with a dead leg for 11 months.

b) My goalkeeper rolled the ball out to a left back. The LB stood there still, the ball hit him and rolled back to towards the keeper. Opposition striker picks it up and scores.

c) My 14.3 tactic that averaged approx 1.9 goals a match, now averages 3.3 goals a match with the same team in 15.3.

How did they magically do that when your PC didn't download any further updates between the December one & 15.3?

I have a striker out with a dead leg for 11 months.

You are either mis-reading the injury or have downloaded an injury file from a 3rd party which has an error in it.

You are either mis-reading the injury or have downloaded an injury file from a 3rd party which has an error in it.

I only bought the game today, so I haven't downloaded anything. Sometimes the tone of these forums is quite hostile.

Injured - Currently undergoing treatment for a dead leg. Expected to be out for 10-11 months.

I only bought the game today, so I haven't downloaded anything. Sometimes the tone of these forums is quite hostile.

Injured - Currently undergoing treatment for a dead leg. Expected to be out for 10-11 months.

Not hostile, just stating facts.

I've never seen that injury, its possible that its a rare one that has been wrongly named in the database.

If you are sure than report it in the bugs forum and upload a screenshot/save game so it can be corrected.

There's alot of complaining/mentioning of injuries (including me) since the latest patch.

For the ones who dont encounter such problems, could you share your training set-up?

Especially pre season please

It's not just about training set-ups. It's about monitoring your players fitness, rotating your side and not over-working your players.

There's alot of complaining/mentioning of injuries (including me) since the latest patch.

For the ones who dont encounter such problems, could you share your training set-up?

Quite a few have. Previous page.

Medium - Low heavy, not too low & not too high.

I don't change for pre-season, I stick to the same throughout.

Tactically I use a balanced setup as standard which doesn't ask too much from any position/role and doesn't involve high pressure as standard. I do ask more from time to time but this depends entirely on the opposition and whats happening in the match.

I never worry about signing injury prone players as long as there aren't too many in the squad, it helps with rotation and gives other players games when they are injured. I get injuries but generally lower than a lot of AI clubs and certainly less than some users on here. On average I guess I tend to have 2/3 players out for any given match but I also get bad spells with 5+ players out.

I leave all my training to the assistant manager, and have never once had more than a couple of injuries at a time in my squad over many seasons.

My current squad on January 1st has 34 players (including some out on loan and under AI control) has 1 injury, and just 2 days after playing my third game of the Christmas fixture pile-up, I have just one player under 90% condition ready for the next game.

I am fairly obsessive about not playing/subbing off players on low condition though.

Not hostile, just stating facts.

Actually it was quite hostile, without even taking a second to think about it you simply posted 2 solutions, both of which were saying it was the posters fault.

You then corrected this in your next post when the poster pulled you up on it by saying it could be a fault with the game and you have never seen it before.

Let's end the sniping. It is fine to question the game, and it is fine to defend it. We understand passions can get a bit high on here, but the hostility, personal attacks, etc. are not okay.

HairyCull: stop posting rubbish- they didn't ninja fix anything with injuries. They were not touched in any of the patches including the latest one. Saying things like that just inflames people unnecessarily.

FondFoat: You should start a thread in, and upload your save to, the bugs forum. That isn't right, and it may be a bug with the injury system OR a display error. Either way, SI would probably like to see it.

Thanks for the replies.

Im gonna tweak my training a bit.

Hope that it helps!

Do that, but also be aware of your players' condition, and their injury proneness. Playing tired players (in this version of FM players tire faster) will lead to more injuries.

Actually it was quite hostile, without even taking a second to think about it you simply posted 2 solutions, both of which were saying it was the posters fault.

You then corrected this in your next post when the poster pulled you up on it by saying it could be a fault with the game and you have never seen it before.

There is not one hostile word in my post, I stated the two most common causes IMO - The first that he made a mistake when reading the text, the second caused by a name error in a 3rd party file.

If it is neither of those you then look to less common causes. Given the injury module hasn't been touched in years and not once has it been mentioned on the forums in that time I would say its highly unlikely to be an name error in the SI injury database but not impossible.

My honest opinion is that FM15 feels much more random than FM14 felt around this time last year. I mean, i learnt a lot, read from the best here and experimented myself to the point i could say things happened the way i wanted them to. Now with FM15 it's like i have to rediscover everything. Roles, duties, mentalities, philosophies, everything needs to be relearnt because it feels different.

For ex: my bro, with no knowledge whatsoever with FM, he just buys and plays plug it in. He has no idea what philosophies mean even, so he just plays fluid and CONTROL, because they are both the best sounding out of the options there are. He just ran a season with the game (while I did 3 official matches as i play in full detail and prepare a season throughtly, with proper fitness and tutoring setups to get started). Playing with Man United and buying Hulk, he just won the treble with a unorthodox 3-1-2-3-1. Yeh, 1 AMC and 2 Wingers, with a poacher upfront. He presses high even! with a poacher, 2 attacking wingers. Basically he has no flanks. Still he won everything in the first season.

I mean, in the first 3 official games of my season, i got 3 or 4 penalties. And players get to 60/70% fitness quickly, even after a sound pre-season training fitness only.

I'm trying to enjoy the game but it feels no where as polished as FM14 was, with all his quirks, it was a challenging game. Not fm15.

There is not one hostile word in my post, I stated the two most common causes IMO - The first that he made a mistake when reading the text, the second caused by a name error in a 3rd party file.

If it is neither of those you then look to less common causes. Given the injury module hasn't been touched in years and not once has it been mentioned on the forums in that time I would say its highly unlikely to be an name error in the SI injury database but not impossible.

It is an injury the player started the game with. I am not sure what is going on with it because now it says 4 months out with a dead leg a week later. The players name is Ivan Hasek.

So this happened.

My assistant proposed an intra friendly between me and the U20s.

It was on 1 July, which was probably a bit early seen as im playing in Italy.

But since i rotate full in friendlies plus the fact i would get a indictation of how much rest players needed between friendlies i agreed.

My training setting are the following:

Fitness average

30% match prep + 1 rest day after a match.

My tactics are still pretty basic:

4-1-4-1

standard structured

TI work ball in box

After the match, no injuries but everybody was tired of course.

Fastforward 2 weeks and everybody is still tired from those 45 minutes!!!!

That cant be right.

So this happened.

My assistant proposed an intra friendly between me and the U20s.

It was on 1 July, which was probably a bit early seen as im playing in Italy.

But since i rotate full in friendlies plus the fact i would get a indictation of how much rest players needed between friendlies i agreed.

My training setting are the following:

Fitness average

30% match prep + 1 rest day after a match.

My tactics are still pretty basic:

4-1-4-1

standard structured

TI work ball in box

After the match, no injuries but everybody was tired of course.

Fastforward 2 weeks and everybody is still tired from those 45 minutes!!!!

That cant be right.

That is because they are not at match fitness. You need to play a lot of friendlies to get the match fitness up and that problem goes away. Tired is fine, as long as their condition is not too low, you can play another match, just sub them off at 60 if they drop below 70% or so during the match. Tire appears when there is combination of low condition and low match fitness in this case.

It is an injury the player started the game with. I am not sure what is going on with it because now it says 4 months out with a dead leg a week later. The players name is Ivan Hasek.

You'll need to bring it up in the data issues forum. I just checked in the editor and he's wrongly listed as having a dead leg for a year.

That is because they are not at match fitness. You need to play a lot of friendlies to get the match fitness up and that problem goes away. Tired is fine, as long as their condition is not too low, you can play another match, just sub them off at 60 if they drop below 70% or so during the match. Tire appears when there is combination of low condition and low match fitness in this case.

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

But setting the bar at 70% is pretty hard if they start at 80%.

How much days in between friendly matches do you have?

Usually i have 3 if everybody is fit and my tactical fluidity isny up to speed yet i sometimes make it 2.

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

But setting the bar at 70% is pretty hard if they start at 80%.

How much days in between friendly matches do you have?

Usually i have 3 if everybody is fit and my tactical fluidity isny up to speed yet i sometimes make it 2.

I do two friendlies a week about 3-4 days apart, and I aim for 8-10 in a pre-season. It takes that many to get your players up to match fitness, I've found. You can do fewer if you have a small squad, but if you have 18-20 players, you want more friendlies. I will play them usually down to about 70, or high 60% before subbing. If you need a couple of extra men, use a u21/u18/u20 or whatever the equivalent is to fill in the gaps if needed.

I said I'd be back.

I'm not talking about hand-holding, not in the slightest, and I think it's unfair to suggest I'm talking about people who won't think for themselves.

Figuring out just what the tools that the game has available to us actually do ISN'T part of the game. The game is in using those tools to create tactics that you think are going to overcome the AI's tactics. There is no reason whatsoever that the game shouldn't tell you exactly what a role does when you're selecting it, and right now, it doesn't- it gives a waffley piece of text that does little to distinguish one from another.

To those saying "watch a game and you'll see that XYZ involves ABC"- that's missing the point. The point is that a manager already knows how they WANT their team to play- the difficulty shouldn't then be in trying to make that actually happen on the pitch by choosing the right combination of roles, mentality etc. If you want to go down the "realism" route, then I ask you which is more realistic- telling a player they're playing as a Deep-Lying Forward and hoping they do what you want, or just straight-out telling them what you want them to do and leaving the naming of the role to the pundits?

Communicating your intent to the players your team isn't the game. The only thing that should make that any harder than usual are things like language barriers- things that would ACTUALLY put some doubt in the understanding. Right now, the way roles are implemented and poorly described is unrealistic and makes the learning curve much harder than it needs to be- it's a mechanic that exists purely BECAUSE FM is a game, and has no relation to reality.

I could not disagree with you any more than I do on this. The roles in the game are shortcuts to getting a general set of behaviours from a player; imagine you are telling a DLF that you want him to drop deeper, support the midfield and help build attacks from deep, etc. plus any additional instructions you wish to give him. How else would you want to do it? Build a custom role from all available PIs? That would make the game so much more complicated and less accessible.

I also do not understand how you can think that it would - or should even - be possible to master the game tactically without watching matches, trying different combinations of roles, duties, mentalities and the like to find out how they all link together and what kind of football they play. This is the difference between taking over a team like Manchester United and having instant success with a big club, and taking over a small team and building them up. It is a steep learning curve, but if you do not want to have such a learning curve then stick to big teams where the quality of players will often be enough in spite of the tactics used. Anyway, tactically the game has come on so much compared to having sliders. When sliders existed I did not enjoy tactics, it was a matter of moving them until it randomly worked. Currently it is possible to consistently and intuitively set a team up to play a specific style of football.

For the past 4 or 5 months (in game) Peter Beardsley keeps getting his coaching badge delayed is this a bug? and please not while i am updated to the latest patch it began with the older patch i just didn't think every month for about 5 months would get the same message over and over. Can i take him off from trying to get the badge?

I am into a new season and i'm still getting this. Can i take him off the course?

to all SI Staff/mods - Are we really not to expect a fix for the sliding Jesus animation bug? - I have spent the best part of a day today uninstalling/re installing FM and steam, editing registry etc multiple times trying to resolve this. Its all very well putting a try this list of things to do, but what happens when none of that works? I have opened a Bug report, posted dxdiag as requested but as it stands I have a non working game and a whole bunch of posts in here in bold stating no more patches, but everything was fine before the last patch.....

to all SI Staff/mods - Are we really not to expect a fix for the sliding Jesus animation bug? - I have spent the best part of a day today uninstalling/re installing FM and steam, editing registry etc multiple times trying to resolve this. Its all very well putting a try this list of things to do, but what happens when none of that works? I have opened a Bug report, posted dxdiag as requested but as it stands I have a non working game and a whole bunch of posts in here in bold stating no more patches, but everything was fine before the last patch.....

Jeru, if you look in that same section, other users have had their issues resolved. It's a pain, I know, but they will be able to help you solve the issue. The other resolved threads are evidence of this. They've opened up different threads as it seems it's not caused by exactly the same thing. Please try to be patient.

Edit: Thanks for the additional info you have provided though. That'll be very helpful to SI.

I am into a new season and i'm still getting this. Can i take him off the course?
I don't think you can. I've had a staff member also struggle and after a while, he stopped/failed on his own.
Jeru, if you look in that same section, other users have had their issues resolved. It's a pain, I know, but they will be able to help you solve the issue. The other resolved threads are evidence of this. They've opened up different threads as it seems it's not caused by exactly the same thing. Please try to be patient.

Edit: Thanks for the additional info you have provided though. That'll be very helpful to SI.

Hunt3r all the resolved threads in there that I have seen contain some form of third party graphics that I am not using, we have a list of things to try, which indecently are not trivial - I mean a lot of users will not even know the windows registry even exists let alone how to edit it. I have patiently been through the list of things twice to hopefully rule out any mistakes form my part, I have posted all of what I have done and am seeing on my thread I realize this is a tricky bug, but now Im stuck other than trying the same procedure over and over again I have no options.

How did they magically do that when your PC didn't download any further updates between the December one & 15.3?

I didn't say it was a separate update. When SI update the game they dont specify every single thing they change. They even say that other things not mentioned were changed.

Let's end the sniping. It is fine to question the game, and it is fine to defend it. We understand passions can get a bit high on here, but the hostility, personal attacks, etc. are not okay.

HairyCull: stop posting rubbish- they didn't ninja fix anything with injuries. They were not touched in any of the patches including the latest one. Saying things like that just inflames people unnecessarily.

FondFoat: You should start a thread in, and upload your save to, the bugs forum. That isn't right, and it may be a bug with the injury system OR a display error. Either way, SI would probably like to see it.

No disrespect intended to you Dr Hook but your a moderator not a developer. The job of a forum moderator is probably the most thankless task on the internet and I admire everyone that does it. But you have no idea whether im talking rubbish or not.

In my current main save right now I have taken Elgin City from League 2 to the Premier League. With no real problems with injuries until 15.3 came out. Starting off as a part time club it should be the opposite. I should of had more injuries at the start due to less training and worse pitch conditions.

My tactics have remained 4-4-2, my training has remained exactly the same. Individual training specific to the players roles and general training always is set to fitness. My players are given the day off after every game and during midweek games I also make sure to regularly give them other days off as well.

So if I have changed nothing but im now getting a lot more injuries then whats the reason? Is it just bad luck over the 1.5 seasons ive played since the update? or is it the update itself?

When the game first came out a lot of people complained about injuries. Check the forums history for that. Then all of a sudden the complaints pretty much vanished. That was right after the release of an update which I think was 15.2. But since 15.3 there are a few complaints starting to surface again.

Hunt3r all the resolved threads in there that I have seen contain some form of third party graphics that I am not using, we have a list of things to try, which indecently are not trivial - I mean a lot of users will not even know the windows registry even exists let alone how to edit it. I have patiently been through the list of things twice to hopefully rule out any mistakes form my part, I have posted all of what I have done and am seeing on my thread I realize this is a tricky bug, but now Im stuck other than trying the same procedure over and over again I have no options.

I'm sorry that you're sitting with this issue. The last bit of info you posted in that thread would really be helpful and get SI on the right track. It's a matter of going through the steps one by one and you may have saved yourself a lot of those steps to get you closer to resolving the issue. :)

I didn't say it was a separate update. When SI update the game they dont specify every single thing they change. They even say that other things not mentioned were changed.

SI have confirmed they haven't made any changes to injuries in any of the patches.

So if I have changed nothing but im now getting a lot more injuries then whats the reason? Is it just bad luck over the 1.5 seasons ive played since the update? or is it the update itself?

Exactly the point. The ME has changed, some roles will have changed considerably. Your players may now be more exposed to rough tackles in certain areas of the pitch where they weren't before, the AI might be closing you down more, being more aggressive etc. Almost every single person who has complained about injuries have said 'they haven't changed anything with regards to their team' and that's exactly why they're struggling, the ME has changed and they haven't updated their tactics.

When the game first came out a lot of people complained about injuries. Check the forums history for that. Then all of a sudden the complaints pretty much vanished.

They didn't go away because of a patch, they went away because people told them they were wrong. Eventually people get the message.

No disrespect intended to you Dr Hook but your a moderator not a developer. The job of a forum moderator is probably the most thankless task on the internet and I admire everyone that does it. But you have no idea whether im talking rubbish or not.

In my current main save right now I have taken Elgin City from League 2 to the Premier League. With no real problems with injuries until 15.3 came out. Starting off as a part time club it should be the opposite. I should of had more injuries at the start due to less training and worse pitch conditions.

My tactics have remained 4-4-2, my training has remained exactly the same. Individual training specific to the players roles and general training always is set to fitness. My players are given the day off after every game and during midweek games I also make sure to regularly give them other days off as well.

When the game first came out a lot of people complained about injuries. Check the forums history for that. Then all of a sudden the complaints pretty much vanished. That was right after the release of an update which I think was 15.2. But since 15.3 there are a few complaints starting to surface again.

He/We might not be developers, but we're in constant communication with SI and they have stated that nothing regarding injuries were touched.

It is possible that changes in the ME may have affected injuries indirectly. Closing down/Pressing was improved, so maybe players are getting more tired? I'm not sure on the tackle counts, but that's another possibility? I'm not sure, but I'm not seeing any more (or fewer) injuries before or after the update.

All in all, he's just stating what we've been told - injury rates haven't been touched.

Urm, you quite clearly did.

He/We might not be developers, but we're in constant communication with SI and they have stated that nothing regarding injuries were touched.

It is possible that changes in the ME may have affected injuries indirectly. Closing down/Pressing was improved, so maybe players are getting more tired? I'm not sure on the tackle counts, but that's another possibility? I'm not sure, but I'm not seeing any more (or fewer) injuries before or after the update.

All in all, he's just stating what we've been told - injury rates haven't been touched.

Yeah I know how it works, im sure your experiences with SI are allot better than mine were with EA when I was a moderator in a game they ran and that SI fill you guys in a lot better than EA.

Ive looked back at a few of the last few games my team have played, there has been 5 injuries in the past 7 games. That is between both teams. To me that's excessive.

Urm, you quite clearly did.

Nothing that I read indicates to me that I said it was a separate update. different wording might be better? They ninja fixed the injuries during the 15.2 update without mentioning it

Anyways im not going to get into an argument about it. I accept what Hunt3r has said about SI saying injuries haven't been touched. So there was no ninja fix/change.

Yeah I know how it works, im sure your experiences with SI are allot better than mine were with EA when I was a moderator in a game they ran and that SI fill you guys in a lot better than EA.

Ive looked back at a few of the last few games my team have played, there has been 5 injuries in the past 7 games. That is between both teams. To me that's excessive.

I assume you mean "red" injuries? It's more than what I've had. In the last 7, I've encountered 3 injuries. 2 for the AI and 1 for me.

I assume you mean "red" injuries? It's more than what I've had. In the last 7, I've encountered 3 injuries. 2 for the AI and 1 for me.

No it was 3 red and 2 orange but both orange resulted in players being injured after the game.

but even looking at your own games, thats 3 injuries in 7, resulting in almost 1 out of 2 matches having a man carried off injured. Thats not realistic.

You'll need to bring it up in the data issues forum. I just checked in the editor and he's wrongly listed as having a dead leg for a year.

Ouch!

:p

INo disrespect intended to you Dr Hook but your a moderator not a developer. The job of a forum moderator is probably the most thankless task on the internet and I admire everyone that does it. But you have no idea whether im talking rubbish or not.

Hunt3r has dealt with this already, but I will tell you that I *do* know that you are talking rubbish when you say they "ninja'ed" injury changes into the patch. They absolutely did not change the way injuries are calculated by the ME and 'sneak' it into the game, as you now acknowledge. Beyond whether it is true or not, what would be the point? In the past they have made injury changes and they were part of changelogs and patch features and publicly acknowledged. Here is the larger point: when you or anyone else starts spouting that sort of thing off, believe it or not it affects how others see the game. Our job as moderators in part is to make sure that information being communicated here about the game is accurate. No one is helped by baseless assertions that feed into someone else's predispositions or dissatisfactions.

• FrazT locked this topic