Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My results are quite normal as well as shot counts. I actually find the ME rather enjoyable to watch too.

My only gripe basically are the missing Continental Qual. from the League Rules page.

Other than that FM15 is awesome, I must've played like 10 hours yesterday :p

I've found that if you exercise self discipline and only do football realistic things you get realistic football almost all of the time, so it is the users fault if they don't do that.

I don't know if it's possible to incorporate a system which forces you to do that, if it's left optional people will do outrageous things in efforts to "beat the system" regardless of any advice or feedback.

FML was 100% proof of that :)

2015-02-28_00001_zpsiz3zvmgt.jpg

2015-02-28_00002_zps6gwcxrk6.jpg

28 key passes are created. hahaha

mentality: standard, TI: retain possession, play wider, play out of defensive, work the ball into the box, NO PI, team shape: flexible

after the third goal, add lower tempo and take a breather

I dont use any cheat or editor, but only using the skin which allows me to understand how AI setting the role.

So, I want to study where am I going wrong? which part of my tactic leads to unrealistic to get an unrealistic result? thanks

Why do my comments keep on being removed?
Because you're not leaving constructive feedback and you are being helped in the Technical Issues section.

That example from keithfc is a decent one. As a match in isolation, it unquestionably contains some high stats and a lot of goals. Something to be mindful of is the year (2034) as we know how much of an advantage we have with squad building over time against the AI.

Of more interest to me is the league table. If you take the 8-0 out of the picture, Arsenal are scoring 2.3 per game? Seems OK. Look at Palace - whipping boys of the league along with Wigan and conceding 3.3 per game (including the 8-0). The weak teams are letting in a lot of goals.

Look at the other teams. City averaging 2.3. Man Utd are high at 3 per game. Overall, it's a crazy scoreline with some horrible shot counts, but given a bit of context, it is an outlying result in an otherwise quite normal looking season.

Ok Sorry. I have seen improvements in players now dribbling with the ball and attacking defenders. Couter attacking is better. I have had more injuries but nothing over the top. It is a great shame that I can't play a new save. It has been suggested my issue is with my anti virus but I have disabled this and it still doesn't work. Awaiting further guidance.

I've found that if you exercise self discipline and only do football realistic things you get realistic football almost all of the time, so it is the users fault if they don't do that.

I don't know if it's possible to incorporate a system which forces you to do that, if it's left optional people will do outrageous things in efforts to "beat the system" regardless of any advice or feedback.

FML was 100% proof of that :)

Except only the diehard fans in here would be happy about not overperforming. If there is no overperformance, the human's input makes no difference and then the game is pointless.

I don't think my friend's sentiment, that he can't accept that the AI is posing any kind of danger if he's got the superior team, is unique in the FM userbase. The expectation is that if the tactic is good, it is not necessary to change key aspects in-match. You have to see this from the point of view of the limited-input user; as long as performances are fluctuating between completely overrunning the opposition and creating nothing at all, the user will have to discard the base tactic (or even the idea itself) - at no point during tactical testing will any user who is not familiar with the exact philosophy of football that is being propagated by SI and its advisors ever consider that the problem is the timing of runs/passing/tempo, so that changing a couple of roles around or ticking/unticking a team instruction would solve the whole thing.

Let's create a fictional example:

WBR-A...CDR-D...CDL-D...DL-S

WMR-S...MCR-D..DLPL-S..WR-A

............DLF-S......AF-A

Control, Fluid, Push Up, Close Down More, Play Narrower. Narrower to tighten up the midfield a bit and let the wing back have more space to run in, and the left winger's supposed to enter the area a little bit more rather than just hugging the line. The aggressive left winger has a more defensive-minded left back covering the hole behind him, and the playmaker gets space in front of him because of the advanced forward. The defensive midfielder leaves space in front of him for the deep-lying forward to drop deep and connect midfield and attack, and the wide midfielder pushes up to help him, before the wingback arrives in attacking positions. Things are very basic, space is used and controlled, and it is not an overly attacking tactic. The ball should move quickly and there should always be options in any phase. First phase the left side have early runs, second phase the midfield and wingback comes at full pace, third phase there are 4-6 players on the edge of the final third or midfield that are open for passes to start the attack again.

Used at home, slight favourites, both teams neutral form. Suitable players for their role. If there are any problems with all this at this point, I can't really spot it.

Anyways, what many of your customers experience is that A) the strikers shoot long before the second phase (i.e. when there is still only 1-2 players in the box), B) players are trying to walk through an opposition defender and then falls over, keeps hold of the ball for no reason and then falls over... or other silly brainfarts, or C) chances are actually created but the shots keep getting blocked or saved by a Superkeeper.

It is not like the AI is not doing some of the above things when playing against me, btw.

What has happened is that a deep and plentiful defense have made sure that the directness and urgency inherent in the Control strategy leads to stupid player mistakes. SI officials and moderators blame the user for not having created a "sound tactic", "seeing some flaws with your approach - read the 12 step guide" etc, and the user calls "poor ME". My question is this; why on earth would players instructed to control the match and take their chances, push forward and being aggressive opt to shoot from silly angles and attempt to shoot through other players rather than to recycle possession and try to prope for an opening? Why would the players do that when you tell them to go Attacking, for that matter? Why do we have to tell them to retain possession, work the ball into the box, and to slow the tempo down for them to move the ball from flank to flank looking for openings?

We do already have the "go route one" and other team instructions that lets us kick the ball forward as quickly as possible and tell them to get those shots in, pronto! With the range of options available to us with the team and player instruction screens, I cannot make any other conclusion than that the contain-overload mentality instructions are misleading and pointless. At the very least, even on Attacking the default priority should not be to shoot at the first opportunity in or around the 16-meter box. That desperation should be reserved for Overload, and even then we should have to also tick off "go route one" and "shoot on sight" to get the level of urgency that we get now with Control.

That example from keithfc is a decent one. As a match in isolation, it unquestionably contains some high stats and a lot of goals. Something to be mindful of is the year (2034) as we know how much of an advantage we have with squad building over time against the AI.

Of more interest to me is the league table. If you take the 8-0 out of the picture, Arsenal are scoring 2.3 per game? Seems OK. Look at Palace - whipping boys of the league along with Wigan and conceding 3.3 per game (including the 8-0). The weak teams are letting in a lot of goals.

Look at the other teams. City averaging 2.3. Man Utd are high at 3 per game. Overall, it's a crazy scoreline with some horrible shot counts, but given a bit of context, it is an outlying result in an otherwise quite normal looking season.

A very good point. Context is usually the first thing to disappear in cases like this, when it's very, very important in understanding what actually went on.

Case in point, see below...

jGUvawx.png

iQZIDyT.png

On the face of it, you'd probably say that the ME is broken in this sequence of results due to the high number of goals. I scored 123 in 21 games, and only conceded 4 after all. However, in the context of the save, considering the amount of money I'm spending compared to the opposition, and how dreadfully the other clubs are spending the money they do have, it becomes a lot more believable.

I'm sorta seeing ME issues also. I'm trying to play a control ball retention strategy and but I'm losing possession battle by about 10-15% each game.

However in this, I'm still having difficulties with overpowering my opposition.

I'm in work so don't have my game details to hand but of the top of my head I'm having my opponent beat me in the possession battle by above figures, however with all this possession my opponents are usually going through a game with about 4-5 shots and lucky if one of them is on target and I'm having 30-40 Shots and a good percentage of these are on target.

I'm only winning games 2 or 3-0 having had any insane 7-0 games but still not enjoyable destroying opponents.

My team is Man Utd and I'm playing a 5-3-2 as follows:

De Gea - GoalKeeper (Defend)

Rafael - Wing Back (Attack)

Jones - Central Defender (Defend)

Carrick - Ball Playing Defender (Cover)

Rojo - Central Defender (Defend)

Shaw - Wing Back (Support)

Blind - Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)

Fellaini - Roaming Playmaker (Support)

Herrera - Advanced Playmaker (Support)

DiMaria - Raumdeuter (Attack)

Van Persie - Deep Lying Forward (Support)

Rooney - False Nine

My tactics are control highly structured and my tactical shouts are as follows:

Retain Possession

Pass Into Space

Play Out of Defence

Work Ball Into Box

Very High Defensive Line

Be More Disciplined

Stick To Positions

Close Down More

Lower Tempo

Only 2 attacking players and a very slow methodical gameplan, yet I'm losing the possession battle, but still battering the opponents. Not sure why my system is translating into such unusual stats of a game but it's killing the enjoyableness of the game. I'd much rather win a nervy edgy game 1-0 with my gameplan then win 2-3-0 with the opposition having very little impact on my team.

The other bug is the players complaining. Herrera has so far played 18 (Starting 15) out of 25 games for me, he missed 3 games due to picking up a red card and the other games have been because he's been rested. I left him out for 2 games after the red card and only brought him on as a sub in these games (partly to teach him a lesson and also my team was doing well without him and also because he was a bit unfit after missing the 3 games due to United's easy schedule this season). He also refuses to speak to me because our relationship has broken down because of his "lack of first team football".

Strange results are also happening! Chelsea just got recently beat 5-0 by Newcastle who hadn't won in 6 games and Chelsea were unbeaten in 5 and had only conceded 3 goals in 7 games. I can usually overlook strange results like this because everything else in FM is top notch but between players, me overpowering opponents, I'm not liking this years game and I'd say is the first time I've been let down with FM in my years as playing (Since CM days!!!)

You should go to the tactics & training forum with that one, Abaka. I can see a number of peculiar (conflicting) issues with your TI's, but won't go into them here. In fact, I won't go into them at all, but I'm sure there are people in the tactics forum who will.

Hello,

I think I have the same problem than a lot of people here: too many injuries!

I play with MU (FMC mode) with a 4-3-3 with 3 strikers, so I have 6 strikers in my team (Van Persie, Falcao, Rooney, Kane, Wilson and Mounir El Hamdaoui), I'm in septembre 2014 and I've got one striker available because the rest of them is all injured and Van Persie is still on holidays, he will be back in the beggining of october...

So i think the only question everybody have here is: where are you going to make the 15.3.1? We all paid 50€ for a game in november and 6 months later we can't play with it and we have to wait FM16? (sorry for bad english, i'm French)

You should go to the tactics & training forum with that one, Abaka. I can see a number of peculiar (conflicting) issues with your TI's, but won't go into them here. In fact, I won't go into them at all, but I'm sure there are people in the tactics forum who will.

Everyone and their mother uses Retain Possession, Work Ball into Box, Play Out of Defense and Lower Tempo because all the mentalities are too urgent in the final third. Without them, there is no probing for holes in the defense. At least, I haven't seen anyone post tactics without them.

Everyone and their mother uses Retain Possession, Work Ball into Box, Play Out of Defense and Lower Tempo because all the mentalities are too urgent in the final third. Without them, there is no probing for holes in the defense. At least, I haven't seen anyone post tactics without them.

Neither I, nor my mother, use all of those TIs, so I'd question the statement that "all the mentalities are too urgent in the final third". I play a Structured, Control system with a Higher Tempo TI activated, and in spite of that, I'm seeing intelligent, probing football in the final third - and not too many shots either.

Either way, thomit is correct; Abaka would be best of posting in the tactics forum, and we should aim to revert to having this thread for feedback about the latest update please.

I'm sorry, was my post not feedback related? I didn't say I was unhappy with my tactics? Despite it not working the way it should. I'm still battering opponents with 20-30 shots per match compared to opponents 2-3. No matter who I play, Chelsea, Stoke, Burnley, Arsenal. If I play against a team who would either control, attack, counter or contain. The shots are still heavily in my favour.

I listed my tactics to show that my players weren't overloaded with attacking mentalities / roles.

Also, what about the point about player complaining about first team football.

Is this a feedback thread or a not say anything negative about the game? For the record, I think it is an excellent game and love the micro managing details but the actual football side of it isn't as enjoyable as it used to be because it seems that it's impossible for me to lose.

That's a known variance caused by the way in which "tackles" are counted in FM, compared to the numbers typically circulated by Opta etc. Not a bug, but a difference in methodology.

Out of interest, could you explain this a little fuller, please? Genuinely intrigued rather than poised to rant. Thanks.

Abaka.. you reported you are having issues in implementing your tactic.. is the notion you should go to the tactics section of the forum so surprising? Did anyone say anything about your negative comments? (which by the way.. weren't even that negative) ... what a strange way to react to people trying to help you with your issue..

Would appreciate a bit of common sense in the thread please...

The whole notion negative comments aren't appreciated or even allowed on here is getting rather old.

Something I noticed just now:

When I'm playing a game and I push Cmd + Tab (I'm on Mac) the game stops. When I return to the FM screen the game continues. When I'm playing friendlies I just let the game do his thing while I read this forum so it's pretty annoying. Any way around this?

Thanks for this feedback Miek. It's something we know about, but it's not an easy one to solve. In fact, sometimes the game will play on in the background fine and without a hitch, but sometimes it will get stuck. We're looking into how to fix this, but it's not simple.

Pardon me if I misunderstood your post, Abaka. I read it more as a tactical query than feedback. If I was mistaken, I'm sorry.

Of course you can offer negative feedback. We all do, I've done so several times, all the way back to 2003 :cool:

I'm sorry, was my post not feedback related? I didn't say I was unhappy with my tactics? Despite it not working the way it should. I'm still battering opponents with 20-30 shots per match compared to opponents 2-3. No matter who I play, Chelsea, Stoke, Burnley, Arsenal. If I play against a team who would either control, attack, counter or contain. The shots are still heavily in my favour.

I listed my tactics to show that my players weren't overloaded with attacking mentalities / roles.

Also, what about the point about player complaining about first team football.

Is this a feedback thread or a not say anything negative about the game? For the record, I think it is an excellent game and love the micro managing details but the actual football side of it isn't as enjoyable as it used to be because it seems that it's impossible for me to lose.

Abaka, your feedback is noted, of course. In your case, your tactic is the cause of the excessive shots. There's a lack of movement and the false 9 will also be shot happy because he only has the Raumdeuter ahead of him.

That's why your were directed to the tactics forum. People were just trying to help. :)

Hi Tony. I've already highlighted this issue in the bugs forums with PKM attached and that was a few months ago during Beta. I was assured that this is a known issue and is being looked into, but it is clear that the deficiency is being overlooked again. I do not think there's any point in me uploading another PKM again.

Thanks George, we have been looking into high shot count matches and we've actually managed to find and fix a number of issus over the FM15 cycle thanks to reports from Users such as yourself. If you're still witnessing these types of matches a PKM upload would be very much appreciated. We can then look into how this has happened and further refine the AI's tactical approach to games.

I use none of those, although I've never been in the tactics forum so have no idea if I should be! Playing in lower leagues, I doubt my team would be technical enough to get away with those instructions, so I wouldn't use them to be realistic.

Oh, dear God! Players interactions are completly broken! Currently playing as Legia Warsaw; after 17 official games in general one of my players Orlando Sa started to complain about lack of first team football despite him being my first choice striker in 11 games. Kinda ridiculous but you know - s*** happens. Decided to talk with him but there is no such option as "you stupid f***, don't you think you've played enough already?", so I chose to ignore his blackmail by telling him to prove his point in trainings. Of course he didn;t agree and wanted first team football for granted. What an argument that was! Anyway, after a while I had to call a team meeting, because my players was really upset about Orlando's situation. Again, said there is no first team football for granted. Only a few stayed upset then. Yet a day or two layter bunch of my players wanted another team meeting because they were dissapointed that I've decided to give Orlando Sa more first team football for granted... WTF?

Where can I report this thing? Ive got save games right before and right after this "funny" stuff.

I don't know if here's the right place to post this, but..

One nation can't have 6 teams in the UEFA ChL. Maximum 5. If clubs from the same nation win ChL and Liga Europa and both clubs finish outside top 4, than instead of 6 teams (like in FM 15) the Nation will have 5 teams in the ChL. Top 3 and those two winners.

Oh, dear God! Players interactions are completly broken! Currently playing as Legia Warsaw; after 17 official games in general one of my players Orlando Sa started to complain about lack of first team football despite him being my first choice striker in 11 games. Kinda ridiculous but you know - s*** happens. Decided to talk with him but there is no such option as "you stupid f***, don't you think you've played enough already?", so I chose to ignore his blackmail by telling him to prove his point in trainings. Of course he didn;t agree and wanted first team football for granted. What an argument that was! Anyway, after a while I had to call a team meeting, because my players was really upset about Orlando's situation. Again, said there is no first team football for granted. Only a few stayed upset then. Yet a day or two layter bunch of my players wanted another team meeting because they were dissapointed that I've decided to give Orlando Sa more first team football for granted... WTF?

Where can I report this thing? Ive got save games right before and right after this "funny" stuff.

The bugs forum is the best place to report bugs.

I think here is the correct place to report

Out of interest, could you explain this a little fuller, please? Genuinely intrigued rather than poised to rant. Thanks.

Of course.

Football Manager lacks physicality; the engine cannot currently simulate things like shoulder to shoulder challenges or general use of the body to win the ball. That's why we see so many animated tackles; it is the only way to win the ball on the ground within the current engine. As such, any attempt to contest the ball in this way is counted as a tackle, so it can only ever drive the numbers up.

Overall, I'm pleased with this patch - the insane, schoolboy pinball football of the previous patch has largely disappeared and scorelines/chance creation seem relatively realistic now (although i'd still contend that the level of finishing isn't quite sorted yet). As such, I'm back to really enjoying the game once more - only issues I have are: I'm seeing a pretty huge number of goals disallowed for offside. Anyone else noticing this? I'm willing to accept that it's something i've mis-judged tactically as my main forward (who has 'likes to try to beat offside trap' as a preferred move) has been flagged an absurd 92 times in 21 games. That said, he has scored 14 and assisted the same amount in those games so i'd be hesitant to alter his role too much.

Anyway, the major gripe for me seems to be the amount of fouls given/tackles made in this patch. I'm managing in Serie A and 24 games in, 11 players (all AI controlled) are averaging over 10 successful tackles per game. That's a stratospheric number - IRL, the most prolific tackler in La Liga (Atlético's Gabi, whose club play with lunatic-intensity) has made 64 tackles all season, which gives an average of around 3 per game...

As RTHerringbone has mentioned in previous posts, the way we calculate a tackle is different to real life. In FM we generate a tackle every time a player loses the ball as a result of a physical challenge and these physical challenges are the primary way for possession to turn over. In real football, possession is more frequently turned over without an actual challenge ever being made, but instead the player in possession is eased off the ball, or the defender gets his body in between the man and the ball. In this case, comparing tackles to real life statistics is not very useful.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

after update team colour changed

I can not read texts bcs the same colour with background

its really hard to read text !

Example

after update

rg1oLV.jpg

before update

LpDWaJ.jpg

note : team is petrolul from Romania

I tried to change colours from editor but only shirt colours change.team background and text still same

Hi mahzen88, if you use the in-game editor you should be able to edit a 'Type' called 'Text'. You can use this to change the colour of the title bar I believe.

The problem with injuries is that you guys compare apples to oranges.

The way injuries are implemented in FM has nothing to do with real life:

1. In FM, there are in general more match injuries than training injuries;

2. During matches, too many light injuries result in medium/long term injuries, too many “red” injuries result in no injury. This can happen IRL, but it seems to be completely random in FM.

3. Physios should be able to tell you right away about a player’s injury (or drop of condition), instead you have to wait for the news item to appear after the match.

4. Speaking of randomness, there seems to be no diffrence between the first round of Capital One Cup (when you may want to sub a player because it’s better to be safe than sorry) and the World Cup Final (when a player shouldn’t even think of leaving the pitch unless he has a broken spine or something).

5. In the same way, an injury at the 85th minute in a tightly contested game should be treated differently than the exact same injury after 65 minutes in a game you are winning (or losing) 3-0.

6. For some reason, central midfielders seem to get tired faster than their teammates. In my experience, strikers and wide players are always the prime suspects when it comes to subs and squad rotation, so I suspect they got tired faster (and recover slower) than central midfielders and central defenders, generally speaking.

7. You can’t force the recovery: if he’s out for 2 weeks, he’ll stay out for 2 weeks, doesn’t matter if you have a very important match in 10 days…

8. A broken arm for a defender is not the end of the world, I’d say he’ll be out for 3 weeks max, for a goalkeeper is different. Yet in FM is 6 weeks for both.

9. There’s a relation between match fitness and injuries, but it’s not as tight as it seems to be in FM.

10. There’s also a relation between playing style and injuries, like you want your players to be aggressive and run like there’s no tomorrow for the whole season (and thus you’d expect more injuries) or you want them to sit back and play cautiously (=in general, less injuries).

11. There’s also a relation between injuries and fitness training: you may want your players to be fully fit at the beginning and at the end of the season, with a "calculated" drop of form in mid-season, or you want them to be “reasonably fit” for the whole season. This aspect is hardly represented in FM.

11. Injury proneness is a very “gamey” attribute: he just broke his arm, chances are he’ll break his foot someday… I’m sure it doesn’t work like this… Also, researchers should be much more aware of the effects of this attribute in the game. There’s a guy (I won’t spoil) who plays an average of 42 matches each season, yet his natural fitness is quite low, his stamina is fairly low, and his injury proneness is 14 or more. This just can’t be.

But in the end, it’s true that injury rates in FM are lower than RL, if you know what to do. The fact is, what you have to do in the game is not what you want to do IRL.

You may want to google “Match injury rates in professional soccer vary with match result, match venue and the importance of the competition”.

Hi mahzen88, if you use the in-game editor you should be able to edit a 'Type' called 'Text'. You can use this to change the colour of the title bar I believe.

Tony, this problem is for all the teams without text color edited. All teams of the world

Hello,

I think I have the same problem than a lot of people here: too many injuries!

I play with MU (FMC mode) with a 4-3-3 with 3 strikers, so I have 6 strikers in my team (Van Persie, Falcao, Rooney, Kane, Wilson and Mounir El Hamdaoui), I'm in septembre 2014 and I've got one striker available because the rest of them is all injured and Van Persie is still on holidays, he will be back in the beggining of october...

So i think the only question everybody have here is: where are you going to make the 15.3.1? We all paid 50€ for a game in november and 6 months later we can't play with it and we have to wait FM16? (sorry for bad english, i'm French)

Try switching your training to average.

3. Physios should be able to tell you right away about a player’s injury (or drop of condition), instead you have to wait for the news item to appear after the match.

Actually you don't. If you check the performance widget, it'll give you details on whether its advisable to keep the player on, and clicking on his profile will give you details of what the injury potentially is.

That is pure nonsense. I use high tempo and always have my goalkeeper kick the ball long when he has it. I have neither short passing nor retain possession selected. The only one I have is work ball into box, because I have 3 players who lurk around the edge of the box, and a player cutting in from the flank so I want one of these guys to play a through ball for another of them. I have won the Eredivisie 2 seasons by more than 15 points and the Euro Cup first season with PSV using this. I am 100% certain if I have done that, so will other people.

Really need to sort the shots per game out. In each of the last 10 games I've had at least 24 shots with an high of 53 against Eibar. Even when I use the take a breather, retain possession and much slower tempo instructions they still bomb forward and shoot at will. It's got to the point where I don't have to bother about the team selection, condition of the players or the opponents strengths because I know I'm going to win the game by 4 or 5 goals. :(

As RTHerringbone has mentioned in previous posts, the way we calculate a tackle is different to real life. In FM we generate a tackle every time a player loses the ball as a result of a physical challenge and these physical challenges are the primary way for possession to turn over. In real football, possession is more frequently turned over without an actual challenge ever being made, but instead the player in possession is eased off the ball, or the defender gets his body in between the man and the ball. In this case, comparing tackles to real life statistics is not very useful.

Thanks for the explanation to both yourself and RTHerringbone - makes sense now.

Really need to sort the shots per game out. In each of the last 10 games I've had at least 24 shots with an high of 53 against Eibar. Even when I use the take a breather, retain possession and much slower tempo instructions they still bomb forward and shoot at will. It's got to the point where I don't have to bother about the team selection, condition of the players or the opponents strengths because I know I'm going to win the game by 4 or 5 goals. :(

Why don't you play as manager of a smaller team if you're finding managing a big team too easy? I'm presuming you're either Real or Barca here?

Of course.

Football Manager lacks physicality; the engine cannot currently simulate things like shoulder to shoulder challenges or general use of the body to win the ball. That's why we see so many animated tackles; it is the only way to win the ball on the ground within the current engine. As such, any attempt to contest the ball in this way is counted as a tackle, so it can only ever drive the numbers up.

You, my friend, have just illuminated me in regard to my biggest gripe with the ME and it's representation, the massive amount of sliding tackles has always annoyed me, and now I know why they happen. Thank you.

The problem with injuries is that you guys compare apples to oranges.

The way injuries are implemented in FM has nothing to do with real life:

I don't understand some of these points, but some I do and agree with you on so here goes....

1. In FM, there are in general more match injuries than training injuries;

Potentially agree here, but you'd have to find real-life statistics to back this up. Quite a lot of people have said the balance might not be quite right with regards to training injuries compared to in-match injuries.

2. During matches, too many light injuries result in medium/long term injuries, too many “red” injuries result in no injury. This can happen IRL, but it seems to be completely random in FM.

Yes, ideally we should have more information as to what an injury is in-match. It's very rare IRL fora player to go off injured during a game and not suffer any sort of injury after the matches is over, whereas it's pretty common in FM.

As DagenhamDave says above me, you can find out a bit of information while in the match, the players opinion on whether he can continue, and a profile mention of the injury area, but it's not really enough information imo. Realistically you should be told that your player has a pulled hamstring (an injury which is very easy to notice IRL) and has to go off, you shouldn't have to wait till after the match.

4. Speaking of randomness, there seems to be no diffrence between the first round of Capital One Cup (when you may want to sub a player because it’s better to be safe than sorry) and the World Cup Final (when a player shouldn’t even think of leaving the pitch unless he

has a broken spine or something).

I don't really understand your point here.... :confused:

5. In the same way, an injury at the 85th minute in a tightly contested game should be treated differently than the exact same injury after 65 minutes in a game you are winning (or losing) 3-0.

Treated differently how?

6. For some reason, central midfielders seem to get tired faster than their teammates. In my experience, strikers and wide players are always the prime suspects when it comes to subs and quad rotation, so I suspect they got tired faster (and recover slower) than central midfielders and central defenders, generally speaking.

Are you saying midfielders or wingers get tired faster? You seem to say both get tired fastest in that paragraph.

One area of your side getting tired quicker than the other is normally down to tactics or the natural fitness of the players in question.

7. You can’t force the recovery: if he’s out for 2 weeks, he’ll stay out for 2 weeks, doesn’t matter if you have a very important match in 10 days…

Are you saying you should be able too? Because that doesn't really happen IRL. Sometimes teams take a risk on a player but FM does simulate this. When a player returns form injury, usually not match fit, you usually ease him back into the team, especially as his condition will still be low in the days after his recovery from injury. Just like IRL you can throw him into the side if you want too. With certain injuries you can even play the player before he's fully recovered (the yellow injury status icon signifies this).

That's as far as I can go before running out of energy completely :p

Why don't you play as manager of a smaller team if you're finding managing a big team too easy? I'm presuming you're either Real or Barca here?

I'm using Valencia at the moment but I also tried a save with Newcastle and experienced similar shots per game and results. It seems the AI simply can't cope with aggressive tactics and is unable to counter them. I'll try with a smaller team tonight but I imagine the same will happen against the majority of teams.

Since the update my players seem to complain far more about lack of first team football eg Munir who squad status is rotation has complained about not getting enough 1st team football he's started 23 matches with a further 13 sub apps surely this should be more then enough for a 'rotation player' - he did back down when I told him to be patient but surely he should not be complaining in the first place?

• FrazT locked this topic