Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

Now i'm in October and have Hamsik, Mertens, Insigne, Gabbiadini and Strinic all injured. In every game i get at least 1 player injured. And i'm not using team instructions at all, just 4-2-3-1 wide with default instructions.

Half the teams in the Premiership have at least that many players out at any given time.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe the players complaining thing hasnt been fixed. The way match fitness works I cant just throw them in, they dont seem to aware of this and I cant tell them they arent match fit. Its crazy that SI put things in like this without giving us the means to deal with the situation properly.

Why not?

You gain match fitness by playing, its your job as manager to keep the bulk of your squad match fit. The odd player in a match not match fit isn't an issue if you have many players not fit then its bad management or your squad is too big.

Half the teams in the Premiership have at least that many players out at any given time.

So in your opinion the normal thing is having players injured and not fit ? If i tell you that Liverpool last season had max 2 injured players you will believe me ? Chelsea aswell.

Having over 5 players injured in 1 month is something that happens very rarely on a football club, it's not a given !

There are people here willing to defend the game at all costs, no matter how funny it sounds.

So in your opinion the normal thing is having players injured and not fit ? If i tell you that Liverpool last season had max 2 injured players you will believe me ? Chelsea aswell.

Having over 5 players injured in 1 month is something that happens very rarely on a football club, it's not a given !

There are people here willing to defend the game at all costs, no matter how funny it sounds.

I would say you are talking rubbish.

Here is the current premier league injury table atm: http://www.physioroom.com/affiliate/4thegame/epl_injury_table.php

Liverpool happen to have 8 players injured atm, maybe you should do some research before making claims you can't backup with fact!

For the record you can also click on Liverpool for an injury history and that shows they had 46 injuries last season which is far lower than most clubs.

EDIT

Chelsea had 56 btw as well.

I would say you are talking rubbish.

Here is the current premier league injury table atm: http://www.physioroom.com/affiliate/4thegame/epl_injury_table.php

Liverpool happen to have 8 players injured atm, maybe you should do some research before making claims you can't backup with fact!

For the record you can also click on Liverpool for an injury history and that shows they had 46 injuries last season which is far lower than most clubs.

That's clutching at straws, incredible, Flanagan has a long term injury, Brad Jones and Gerrard as well, they haven't all injured in the past week. Ibe has a knock, that's not a serious injury.

I'm having 4 players out for 2 months at least, all injured in 3 consecutive matches and you're coming up with this ? =))))))))

Anyone able to help????????????????????????????????????

Is anyone else getting 'Error Code 41'? I have been getting this for the last 3 weeks and I have verified game, I have cleared and re-done the stream. I have done several other things suggested by a poor, terrible customer support at 'Steam'. I am now at the point were I get this error message and it won't load any saved games or save a new game just starting. As I have said I have not been able to play for 3 weeks.

An idea? Please.

That's clutching at straws, incredible, Flanagan has a long term injury, Brad Jones and Gerrard as well, they haven't all injured in the past week. Ibe has a knock, that's not a serious injury.

I'm having 4 players out for 2 months at least, all injured in 3 consecutive matches and you're coming up with this ? =))))))))

I'm coming up with facts, you are making it up as you go along.

How about looking at your injuries over a good sample size, maybe say 3 seasons. Then look at the injuries in AI teams over the same period. Then compare them to RL figures to see how realistic they are. If you have evidence that injuries are much higher then post it and highlight it to SI in the bugs forum.

Anything else is subjective and opinion which is no use to anyone.

EDIT

Oh and for the record I've had 10 injuries in six months with the longest being 4 weeks.

Is anyone else getting 'Error Code 41'? I have been getting this for the last 3 weeks and I have verified game, I have cleared and re-done the stream. I have done several other things suggested by a poor, terrible customer support at 'Steam'. I am now at the point were I get this error message and it won't load any saved games or save a new game just starting. As I have said I have not been able to play for 3 weeks.

An idea? Please.

Is it only FM that is causing you problems- are you other steam apps running fine? If so, then you need to open a thread in the tech support forum here where there are people who are equipped to help you out. Even if it is a Steam issue, you might find someone who can help with that also.

Looks like a big problem with second bookings resulting in lots of reds.

A quick look through the leagues results paints quite a bad picture with regards to red cards :(

Okay guys, let's stop the arguing over injuries. It is devolving here and needs to stop. Georgik, you are completely wrong about the injuries. Accept it and move on. You don't have to like it, but there is no injury bug, and in fact, the overall injury rates in FM are a bit lower than real-life.

An idea? Please.

It seems to be a error with the Steam servers not being able to communicate with your machine to confirm you have a valid copy of the game.

One question seems to be do you have FM & Steam both installed on the same drive?

Also do you have any FM mods installed?

and have you tried deleting the ClientRegistry.blob file in the Steam folder and then restarting Steam?

Okay guys, let's stop the arguing over injuries. It is devolving here and needs to stop. Georgik, you are completely wrong about the injuries. Accept it and move on. You don't have to like it, but there is no injury bug, and in fact, the overall injury rates in FM are a bit lower than real-life.

Ok, hopefully it's just an awful period of time in the game for me.

why have you got rid of the European information in the rules? I like to manage in random leagues know I don't know what league finish makes champions league etc.

I don't think injury averages over time is the real issue. SI is probably right that their numbers are lower than real life figures.

What would be far more interesting is a comparison between the real life total number of players being forced off with injury in a full season, compared to FM's numbers. Also, the number of matches with two or more "hard injuries" would be interesting to look at.

I constantly have 3-6 players out with injuries with Lazio (first season). I don't experience that I have to sub too many players during matches - so for me the numbers are fine, but the guy I play against online is telling a different story...

I'm still playing FM 2014, ive given up buying the game when it is released as its a waste of time, i now wait until the final patch to buy, but this year is different, i'm not sure if its worth it, i would like some guidance, is this years worth buying ? has the final patch done the trick ?

Not it hasnt, its awful. Im going back to 2014, and next year will do what you did!

To make this super-clear, here's an image from my FMC save. I have taken the following steps to get here:

Click Schedule

Click Match Result

screen-shot-2015-03-01-at-20-16-25.png

The icon on the far right saves the .pkm.

Sorry probably didn't make myself clear. Yep was aware that uploads the PKM of the match, I was talking about the record button when you can record clips and upload for viewing which doesn't now appear.

To do PKMS of all these one on one misses and high reaction keeper saves would probably take a while and would require uploading quite a few matches also noting down the minutes of each match that they occur so would be a bit of a waste of time if as said above that this is the last ME update.

Not it hasnt, its awful. Im going back to 2014, and next year will do what you did!

To be fair, there were people saying the same thing about FM14 and swore to go back to 13. Coolestrock, the best thing to do is download the demo and play a bit of it and decide for yourself based on your experience.

There's way too many shots on goal in this game. Having played FM for 10 years continuously I haven't encountered a match engine which is so unrealistic with the amount of shots and goals. I know that I do not have the faintest idea of the process of game development, let alone a game as complicated as FM but for a football sim that should be one of things at the forefront. I'm not swayed by the results of 'soak tests' because my experience is totally contrary. Also if it is my tactics then I should be punished by AI managers for my recklessness. But that isn't the case. If I can restrict the opponent to less than 3 shots in the game and score 8 while taking 50 shots, why shouldn't I? Heck, if my team can score 12 goals while taking 70 shots thats what I would tell them to do. The problem is that IRL no matter how I set my players up that would not be a possibility.

I have faith in SI, they've managed to keep me hooked onto a game for longer than any other gaming company. I will not be playing FM15 till this issue is addressed and from what i gather on this forum it will not be. In that case I really hope FM16 finds a more realistic balance with scorelines. I wish SI well for development and in the mean time hope for a little more communication and a willingness to consider seriously other people's problems on a thread meant for feedback. High counts of shots and goals is a problem that has been brought up by many many users since the the early versions of FM15 and in my opinion should have been scrutinised further than it has been.

So after having to resort to my reserve team to have a bench with players, i have 3 more injuries in the game, meaning i don't have enought players to play the last 2 games of the season. will probably play the champions league final with the under 20, but i am sure the problem is my tactics (this made so mad that i played the final 10 minutes of the game with the second goalkeeper as a striker, so if he gets injured, it doesn't hurt me so much)...

There's way too many shots on goal in this game. Having played FM for 10 years continuously I haven't encountered a match engine which is so unrealistic with the amount of shots and goals. I know that I do not have the faintest idea of the process of game development, let alone a game as complicated as FM but for a football sim that should be one of things at the forefront. I'm not swayed by the results of 'soak tests' because my experience is totally contrary. Also if it is my tactics then I should be punished by AI managers for my recklessness. But that isn't the case. If I can restrict the opponent to less than 3 shots in the game and score 8 while taking 50 shots, why shouldn't I? Heck, if my team can score 12 goals while taking 70 shots thats what I would tell them to do. The problem is that IRL no matter how I set my players up that would not be a possibility.

I have faith in SI, they've managed to keep me hooked onto a game for longer than any other gaming company. I will not be playing FM15 till this issue is addressed and from what i gather on this forum it will not be. In that case I really hope FM16 finds a more realistic balance with scorelines. I wish SI well for development and in the mean time hope for a little more communication and a willingness to consider seriously other people's problems on a thread meant for feedback. High counts of shots and goals is a problem that has been brought up by many many users since the the early versions of FM15 and in my opinion should have been scrutinised further than it has been.

With all due respect, please leave the feedback for those who have been playing 15.3.

Shots on goals have been looked at, indeed it was a major area looked into in run up, so the idea that it needed to be scrutinised further is a bit off.

As ever PKMs are always welcomed on such things. That said, an unrealistic input can almost inevitable force an unrealistic output. In the long term, cleverer AI logic will punish such efforts, but's going to take more than one iteration.

The fact that many people also dont get these scores and SI's soak and playabilty tests (most people don't realise just how much the game is actually play tested, it isn't all soak tests, in fact the majority of ME issues etc have to be play tested to be found) don't show these scores is always why more evidence is required in such situations.

:eek:

Just had a strange response in the private chat module.

I had two players complaining about first team football, one was completley justifsed and the other was actually getting quite a few games. I spoke to them both and both agreed they were making something out of nothing in the end. So a few games later(In which one has had a couple of games, my LBs get rotated) and I've just played a game with one of these players involved where he actually got MOTM and I've had both players complain about "lack of games" "playing, having a decent run and being dropped". I made no promises and one of my players is actually getting games. My options are to be horrible to the player, told them they weren't playing well(one hasn't played at all) or tell them I apologise for not keeping my word(which I never game them in the first place).

Not game breaking and I've responded to the players so I can't upload a save but might be worth trying to re-create to solve for the next game. Strange interaction that's all :thup:.

:eek:

Just had a strange response in the private chat module.

I had two players complaining about first team football, one was completley justifsed and the other was actually getting quite a few games. I spoke to them both and both agreed they were making something out of nothing in the end. So a few games later(In which one has had a couple of games, my LBs get rotated) and I've just played a game with one of these players involved where he actually got MOTM and I've had both players complain about "lack of games" "playing, having a decent run and being dropped". I made no promises and one of my players is actually getting games. My options are to be horrible to the player, told them they weren't playing well(one hasn't played at all) or tell them I apologise for not keeping my word(which I never game them in the first place).

Not game breaking and I've responded to the players so I can't upload a save but might be worth trying to re-create to solve for the next game. Strange interaction that's all :thup:.

It's game-breaking to me, because very strange interactions happen quite frequently, the options for responding to all of them are mostly terrible, and it ruins the immersion for me. This is the first time since I started playing in FM09 that I really don't feel like starting up the game.

To all those wrestling with the interaction / morale pitfalls, have you considered looking at FMC? I'm not touting this as a solution to what certainly appears an annoying issue; just offering an option?

Some people still think FMC is too watered down (I don't) but if interactions and morale are affecting your enjoyment of the game, why not try the mode where these things aren't an issue?

I have considered FMC, even tried it for a season and a half, RT - and I find it too watered down. So I continue with FM. But I think all this dealing with players' mood swings (pms?) is a bit over the top. I want to pretend to be a football manager, not a psychologist.

I have considered FMC, even tried it for a season and a half, RT - and I find it too watered down. So I continue with FM. But I think all this dealing with players' mood swings (pms?) is a bit over the top. I want to pretend to be a football manager, not a psychologist.

That's actually why I went to FMC mode a couple of years ago - just because I don't like the media and morale components of the game. If you do give it a go and have any questions, we'll do our best to answer them in the FMC section. To be honest, it'll only take you one preseason to see if you like it or not.

I'm playing both Classic and the Full version and I don't think I miss that much when playing classic.

There is likely some randomness to the match performances that I could possibly have avoided in the full version, but it is hard to say for sure. The lack of tutoring is probably the biggest issue.

I see high scorelines, but since I am playing an attacking 3-4-3 that is only to be expected. There are some high scorelines in the AI vs AI matches as well, but these do happen in real life too. I don't see too many injuries but the guy I am playing against is; 2-4 in a match more often than not, based on the FB chat. Of course, we humans notice in-match injury number two, three and four more than the non-occurence of injuries.

Regarding the high shot count/score lines that people report again and again in here, there is one thing I feel the need to call out the moderators in here on; the game produces relatively realistic football as long as the AI plays defensively against me. It is when they start playing more attacking football in order to pull back from going under that it starts getting ridiculous. Attacking vs Attacking ends up in one successful attack after another, unrealistic return-run speeds, sliding tackles where a player is five meters behind and then jumps in with both feet from behind... and succeeds, shots upon shots upon shots; basically mayhem! The thing is, if I am, say, Lazio and I play against some Serie B team in the cup, the difference in player quality should mean that they could go Attack all they want but they should not necessarily succeed in doing so. I will never switch to Counter to keep the lead in such a match, and I believe that the Lazio manager wouldn't do so in real life either. They would simply continue to do the same thing that has given them control of the match and goals. In FM15, I feel that when the manager tells the team to go more attacking, they succeed to do so; when he tells them to play wider and pass shorter, they succeed at it. That is not how it works in real life, and this is why I am talking about "one-uping" or "battle of wits" regarding this ME - the efficacy of the two tactics are being tested against each other, and the one who chooses the one that gives the team the most advantages against the other is the one who wins.

That's not really football.

To all those wrestling with the interaction / morale pitfalls, have you considered looking at FMC? I'm not touting this as a solution to what certainly appears an annoying issue; just offering an option?

Some people still think FMC is too watered down (I don't) but if interactions and morale are affecting your enjoyment of the game, why not try the mode where these things aren't an issue?

The last time I tried FMC 15.2.1 the game would not even remember to default to the custom screen. Making it completely unplayable for me and seeing as on my tactics screen (in the full game) it still cannot do simple things on a custom screen I am not even going to try it.

Why do SI not see this? How many times do I have to point it out in the bugs forums before it's sorted?

I'm all for constructive criticism but what else can a customer say to SI to get them to fix the simple things. Also how can the match engine possibly be at a decent standard when the coders cannot (or will not) sort out the simple things? It must be about 3 or 4 years now.

Please sort out custom screens properly.

Good morning from Spain.

After that I get the 15.3 patch i notice some hard problems in FM 2015 , What can i do?

Can you explain in more detail what your issue is, please?
The last time I tried FMC 15.2.1 the game would not even remember to default to the custom screen. Making it completely unplayable for me and seeing as on my tactics screen (in the full game) it still cannot do simple things on a custom screen I am not even going to try it.

FMC does now default to custom screens.

there is one thing I feel the need to call out the moderators in here on; the game produces relatively realistic football as long as the AI plays defensively against me. It is when they start playing more attacking football in order to pull back from going under that it starts getting ridiculous.

Why do you need to "call the Moderators out"? this one agrees with you to an extent.

Gawd! and people accuse us of antagonism.

What I've found is that input governs output just as you'd expect, i.e. if both managers use tactics and instructions that are real world like you get a football match pretty much like you'd expect given all the variables.

If either or especially both do something off the wall the ME can't keep control, I suppose that's a good thing in a way but I don't see a way to make the ME cope and turn a match where managers are illogical into one that plays normally (if you see what I mean)

Symbolic, could you give an overview of your tactical approach please? Mentality, Roles, Duties etc.?

Nobody generating these matches has yet shown any details to give these crazy games any context.

In a fictional match where both teams were managed by Zdenek Zeman, results like 9:6 would still be unrealistic. It's not just about the human manager's input, since it happens in AI vs AI matches too. It's a bug, somewhere in the engine, there is something that doesn't work well. Maybe it's attacking mentality, maybe it's defending, maybe it's horoscope, Illuminati, but ultimately, we, as customers, don't care. I am deeply disappointed with the game that produces those results, since it kills the realistic feel that keeps me playing FM series at all. So, instead of just saying famous It's your tactics line, SI should think about correcting the things that are actually wrong.

Why do you need to "call the Moderators out"? this one agrees with you to an extent.

Gawd! and people accuse us of antagonism.

What I've found is that input governs output just as you'd expect, i.e. if both managers use tactics and instructions that are real world like you get a football match pretty much like you'd expect given all the variables.

If either or especially both do something off the wall the ME can't keep control, I suppose that's a good thing in a way but I don't see a way to make the ME cope and turn a match where managers are illogical into one that plays normally (if you see what I mean)

I think there are certain "quirks" with the ME that creates these illogical tactics because the feedback it gives the users is presented in a way that tricks him into a path of increasingly false positives.

We both (or all?) agree that in a real football match (take Man U - Sunderland this Saturday for instance) there are only a handful of big chances created. I suspect most of us chooses Extended to watch most matches, and in a match like that one, where if I'm kind there are 4-5 highlights, the minutes would blister past and if 20 minutes of a match has gone without any highlights I would pause the game, check the stats and try to figure out what's wrong. Even though nothing is necessarily wrong according to SI.

I would probably go more attacking, sending more people forward or play more adventerous in general in order to get the missing feedback, and the game will respond by giving them to me. However, in many cases the highlights end up in a hopeless, desperate shot, and a couple of those I would pause the game, look at the stats and try to figure out what's wrong. The issue is clearly that these awful players are singlemindedly interested in scoring a goal on their own, so we need to slow things down a bit. We then click on "Retain Possession", "Work Ball into Box" or even "Play Slower", even though we already attack with six persons and have only four guys defending/supporting, and have selected Attacking.

Now we see improvement, a lot less dumb shots, but we keep playing the ball around looking for openings, pressing the opposition down into their own area. But whoa! when they win the ball our defense is just backing off and they just jog sideways next to the ball carrier and they are soooo passive! We pause the game, click on Push Up, Close Down More and Get Stuck In.

If we still don't get a goal, we can see that they defend with everyone so we need even more people up there. There is no sign of the opposition posing any threat. We get plenty of highlights and we complain about ridiculous tackles, 50 shots a game and plenty of injuries.

If we get a goal, the opposition answers with their own Attacking instructions, and then they also get 20-30 shots... stupidity ensues.

We blame SI.

They blame us.

They are both right - it is the game's feedback that creates a negative cycle. There is poor communication. SI wants us to want to figure out the fine balance of the movement/passing/tempo trio using only in-game visual and statistical feedback as a source, which, taken out of the in-house context only encourages outrageous tactics in the hands of most users doing just that.

I've found that if you exercise self discipline and only do football realistic things you get realistic football almost all of the time, so it is the users fault if they don't do that.

I don't know if it's possible to incorporate a system which forces you to do that, if it's left optional people will do outrageous things in efforts to "beat the system" regardless of any advice or feedback.

FML was 100% proof of that :)

I've found that if you exercise self discipline and only do football realistic things you get realistic football almost all of the time, so it is the users fault if they don't do that.

It still doesn't fix 9:0 AI vs AI games.

It still doesn't fix 9:0 AI vs AI games.

I honestly haven't seen anything really extreme in that respect but now you've mentioned it I'll start keeping track in my save :thup:

Hi,

Since me and a mate have both installed the new 15.3.0 update, his experience has slowed down massively (I'm the host).

Is there any reason for this at all? We can't work it out? It was fine before the update...

Are there known causes of this? Seems a coincidence it ran quickly last week but as soon as we updated the game it's unplayable. Is there any way to remove the update?

We both have steam up to date. It isn't to do with the save file either as we tried starting a new game to test and that was the same.

Cheers!

I honestly haven't seen anything really extreme in that respect but now you've mentioned it I'll start keeping track in my save :thup:

Untitled_zpsnzhbmyk2.png

So how should we make AI play realistically? :D

And let's say that on a very , very bad day this result might happen in real life, but the amount of shots at goal by each team will never happen unless Lazio are doing it on purpose.

Please, please, please don't leave FM 15 in this state :(

And let's say that on a very , very bad day this result might happen in real life, but the amount of shots at goal by each team will never happen unless Lazio are doing it on purpose.

Yes but let's be honest an isolated screenshot is proof of nothing and isn't going to help an iota in tracking down any problem which may exist.

If you feel that strongly you need to start a thread in the ME bug forum and be prepared to upload pkms and possibly whole save games because it's not constant or we'd all see it all of the time, ergo certain conditions must create these anomolies.

edit: I've only 6 matches left in my current season so later today I'll go over the whole seasons league results see what the AI did.

Ultimately it's worth pointing out FM is a game and from time to time things will go wrong like this because ultimately its that's just how it goes with games.

Look at the goals scored, after 8 minutes a penalty was given away and after 13 minutes Juventus were 3-0 up. Odds are that after the penalty the AI changed to try to get back into the game - rather than being more conservative as an away side would be - but were quickly carved open by Juventus twice more. Since it was 5-0 by half time the most likely thing to happen would be damage limitation.

But then bearing in mind the fact you're in 2023, Juventus appear to have a much stronger team than they would at the start of the game and we don't know the strength of the Lazio team then it has reached a point where the average CA of the Juventus team is - if the scorers are anything to go by around the 160 mark at least. Inferior players sitting back to try and absorb pressure against a Juventus team that has strength and pace just in the players who scored. Plenty of space to play but I would be interested in seeing a breakdown of the shots, I imagine the majority are from outside the area because Lazio would be sitting deep.

The game will always throw out weird things every now and then. How do most teams react to going 3 down inside 15 minutes?

Yes but let's be honest an isolated screenshot is proof of nothing and isn't going to help an iota in tracking down any problem which may exist.

If you feel that strongly you need to start a thread in the ME bug forum and be prepared to upload pkms and possibly whole save games because it's not constant or we'd all see it all of the time, ergo certain conditions must create these anomolies.

edit: I've only 6 matches left in my current season so later today I'll go over the whole seasons league results see what the AI did.

Juve have a very good team in my save, they won the title every single season.

But against weak teams they have an average shot count of over 30. For example they won against Fiorentina 2-1 ( 40 shots), against Inter 4-0( 31 shots ), Lazio away 36 shots...

I have mixed feelings about this patch, sometimes it produces realistic results, but when it goes crazy, it goes off the charts...

That's actually why I went to FMC mode a couple of years ago - just because I don't like the media and morale components of the game. If you

do give it a go and have any questions, we'll do our best to answer them in the FMC section. To be honest, it'll only take you one preseason to see if you like it or not.

Therein lies the problem, you as a moderator hate all this plyer morale crap etc and go to the watered down FMC, why should you have to???

SI have overcomplicated the game over the past couple of years, with every tweak causes more problems and on and on it goes. FM12 was a good game, ME was decent and enjoyable and you had fun playng it, FM13 and 14 were dire and people complained more that they bigged them up. Beta 15 was good and then the tweaking started, it's playable but still not overly enjoyable, too much player morale problems has ruined the playing of this game, even a lot of the usual hapy clappers on here are moaning, SI need to get is sorted or they will lose thousands of regular gamers to the FM series.

Therein lies the problem, you as a moderator hate all this plyer morale crap etc and go to the watered down FMC, why should you have to???

SI have overcomplicated the game over the past couple of years, with every tweak causes more problems and on and on it goes. FM12 was a good game, ME was decent and enjoyable and you had fun playng it, FM13 and 14 were dire and people complained more that they bigged them up. Beta 15 was good and then the tweaking started, it's playable but still not overly enjoyable, too much player morale problems has ruined the playing of this game, even a lot of the usual hapy clappers on here are moaning, SI need to get is sorted or they will lose thousands of regular gamers to the FM series.

I think you may somewhat have manipulated my words :D

I elected to go to "watered down" :rolleyes: FMC of my own volition as it suited my dislike of media / morale (which was present from the moment it was introduced in FM) and it fits my lifestyle as a married guy with a couple of kids.

The number of posters who seem to prefer to FM12 to later incarnations is interesting. I'll lead others to draw conclusions about that.

also, there are too many tackles. A player just had 40 tackles agains me... 40?? Is this odd or what

That's a known variance caused by the way in which "tackles" are counted in FM, compared to the numbers typically circulated by Opta etc. Not a bug, but a difference in methodology.

In a fictional match where both teams were managed by Zdenek Zeman, results like 9:6 would still be unrealistic. It's not just about the human manager's input, since it happens in AI vs AI matches too. It's a bug, somewhere in the engine, there is something that doesn't work well. Maybe it's attacking mentality, maybe it's defending, maybe it's horoscope, Illuminati, but ultimately, we, as customers, don't care. I am deeply disappointed with the game that produces those results, since it kills the realistic feel that keeps me playing FM series at all. So, instead of just saying famous It's your tactics line, SI should think about correcting the things that are actually wrong.

I'm not disputing that it can happen, but I reiterate that it has not happened on my save to a degree that I notice, if at all (near the end of the twelfth season).

I'll scour through the history of results in my save to find the top ten outlying results in each season. I've already gone through an exercise of looking at the season end goals scored / conceded in my save with Southampton, and the final stats at the end of each season always show the average goals per games to be very close to real life. I guess a risk is that the SI soak tests dilute the visibility of the sort of silly results that have been posted here, but what soaks do prove is that overall, the balance is right over a prolonged period of time.

If we have examples which show that time and again, AI vs AI matches are generating crazy result after crazy result, then we have an issue. The best evidence will be season end stats from such a team. At the moment, we have a handful of posters showing images from individual matches, and a handful of posters who also state that they are seeing issues without providing any examples. These things need context.

• FrazT locked this topic