FM 15: FC Dynamo Kyiv - Ending Shakhtars Dominance

Albanian_Kid

Welcome to the FC Dynamo Kyiv Thread!

Dinamo-Kiev.png

Brief History

Football Club Dynamo Kyiv is a Ukrainian professional football club based in Kiev. Founded in 1927 as part of the Soviet Dynamo Sports Society, the club currently plays in the Ukrainian Premier League, and has never been relegated to a lower division. Their home is the 70,050 capacity Olimpiyskiy National Sports Complex. It is by far Ukraine's most popular football club.

Since 1936 Dynamo has spent its entire history in the top league of Soviet and later Ukrainian football. Its most successful periods are associated with Valeriy Lobanovskyi, who coached the team during three stints, leading them to numerous domestic and European titles. Dynamo Kyiv became the only Soviet club that managed to overcome the total hegemony of Moscow-based clubs in the Soviet Top League. The Spartak Moscow–Dynamo Kyiv derby became the most exciting football rivalry in the Soviet Union that almost completely eclipsed the Spartak Moscow–Dynamo Moscow rivalry. Since late 1960s the club has participated in the UEFA continental competitions almost every year.

Over its history Dynamo Kyiv has won 26 national titles (including 13 Soviet), 18 national cup competitions (including 9 Soviet Cups), and 3 continental titles (including 2 UEFA Cup Winners' Cups). Along with FC Dinamo Tbilisi, they were the only two Soviet clubs that succeeded in the UEFA competitions. The first team of Dynamo became a base team for the Soviet Union national football team in the 1970-80s and the Ukraine national football team in the 1990-2000s. The two stars on the club's crest each signify 10 domestic titles the club has won.

Squad Overview

Dynamo%20Kiev%20Squad_zpsntzjfaxu.jpg

Goalkeepers

Dynamo%20GKs_zpstwreh8ar.png

Summary: Pretty strong in this area, Shovkovskyi despite his old age is still pretty good as stated hes getting pretty old, he turns 40 in the winter. Rybka serves as a pretty good back-up and can deputize w/o issue for Shokovskyi if he begins to show signs of old age in your first season. Koval is a very bright prospect and should be your #1 come next season, he is currently on loan at Hoverla.

Potential Targets: In my opinion their is no need to go looking for a GK, while Shovkovsky is old hes still good for a season, and you have Koval returning from loan next season.

Other Notes:

Potential Youngsters: Other than Koval you dont have any youngsters noteworthy within the team, when Shokovskyi retires id promote someone like Rudko from the second team, or someone from the u21's to act as third choice that way you can have your 3 GK's taking up three HG quota spots.

Centerbacks

Dynamo%20CBs_zpsmkw8jeom.png

Summary: Fairly Strong in this area, is in need of a little depth. Khacheridi is currently your best CB even bigger plus hes Ukranian, does spend the first three months in the game injured so needs some time to get into fitness. While not currently your best CB Dragovic certainly has the potential to be the best in short time, main issue surrounding Dragovic is currently the amount of interest major European clubs seem to shown in him like Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Atl. Madrid, etc. if you can keep a hold onto him it would be great, but it might be in your best interest if you cash in on him (15mil+) and use that money for a replacement. Vida capable enough to fill in as a starter if needed, and cant ask for more as a back-up. Yussuf wont factor at all (unless you extend his contract), hes currently on loan at Metalist for the season, and his contract expires in June, I would advise against extending his contract, hes not good enough to be taking up one of the foreigner spots.

Potential Targets: Balanta (5-7mil) if you are one of those types who like left footed defenders playing with right footed defenders then Balanta would be the way to go, you can get him fairly cheaply and on moderate wages, if you cave into the major european clubs asking for Dragovic then Balanta would be the ideal replacement for him. Depth is needed for the CB position, and I would recommend the likes of Tchachuk of Vorskla, might have to pay slightly over the top for him (7-8mil) but he fills the role of being a good back-up and is Ukrainian. I would also recommend Chesnakov also of Vorskla (2-3mil) while not a natural CB he can fill in their no problem, hes also Ukrainian so wont be taking up one of the foreign spots.

Other Notes: Both Danilo Silva, and Eugene Selin are accomplished CB's and can fill in a pinch

Potential Youngsters: No noteworthy youngsters that I see that will make a impact in the future, not even in a back-up role.

Fullbacks

Dynamo%20FBs_zps0scmhhbz.png

Summary: The one area that needs to be addressed. Makarenko and Selin are both "okay" neither is up to the standard of being your starting LB, Makarenko still has some time to develop but hes 23 years old hes not exactly a youngster, but either one should serve as a good back-up, while you look into the market for starting caliber LB, I would look to sell one or the other, I simply kept Makarenko and sold Selin, as Maka still can develop a little more and he is a youth product of the club while Selin was bought not to long ago from Vorskla. Right back is another are that will need to be addressed, Danilo Silva while a solid player I personally am not sure if hes capable of being the full time starter, I would strongly recommend keeping a hold onto him midway in the first season he gets Ukrainian citizenship and is eligible to play for Ukraine (which he did in my game), even if he doesnt hes a pretty versatile player and a good rotation option. Lluyaka and Kushnirov are both on loan and both are simply not good enough, and should be let go.

Potential Targets: For LB, if you can raise enough money through players transfers you can make a push at Digne (15/18mil), if you havent raised enough money through player sales than guys like Ciss (2.5mil) and Cheikh M'Bengue (3mil) can both be had for pretty cheap in the first window. For RB, id strongly recommend Peruzzi (4mil) with Catania in Serie B Peruzzi is gonna wanna play top flight football, prepare for other clubs going in for him though. If you cant land Peruzzi id recommend taking a look at Douglas (5.75mil) of Barca currently transfer listed, hes on some sorta big wages already 37k/week so he might even ask for more than that if you put in a bid for him. Abate (3mil) is a big name at RB that can be had and for a pretty cheap fee, his wage demands might become a stumbling block though for a club like Dynamo.

Other Notes: Keep in mind that Gusev is an accomplished RB.

Potential Youngsters: No noteworthy youngsters that I see that will make a impact in the future, not even in a back-up role.

Midfielders

Dynamo%20Midfielders_zpsjepqwuhb.png

Summary: An area I feel that Dynamo is very stacked in especially with Ukrainian talent, maybe needs little work but not much, will definitely some outgoing transfers in while its stacked with talent you wont be able to keep everyone happy here. Garmash I feel will serve as your best central midfielder, an all around midfielder that can do a bit of everything. Veloso is a player with some reputation being a longtime international with Portugal, depending on the formation you choose he is the ideal partner for Garmash, with all that said though hes one of the higher earners at the club, and im not entirely sure if hes head and shoulders above some of the other players behind him in the pecking order, their is some major interest in him from other teams in europe so he could be expendable. Sydorchuk I feel is a player that can push Veloso out of the XI, still not a entirely finished product. Haruna another solid player with some room to grow but its an uphill battle for him, and the foreign limit is certainly not doing him any favors, id suggest playing him in the Euro Cup games to increase his transfer value. Bertoglio prolly the worst of the lot but intriguing, still a solid player but his pace can make him a dangerous weapon hes also pretty versatile so, I ended up using him more than I thought I would in the first half of the season and he turned out to be a pretty solid option to have.

Potential Targets: Their isnt much I would do, I would recommend getting in a cant miss prospect like Gil Romero (5mil) though.

Other Notes: Players like Bezus and Rybalka are natural attacking midfielders by position but players that I feel are much more suited to be in central midfield roles.

Potential Youngsters: Kharatin while not a world beater does seem to have a solid foundation to wear he can be a squad option, id recommend getting him tutored. At worst I think youre looking at a back-up, at best someone who can rotate in often, either way hes Ukrainian and will be taking up one of the HG club spots in Europe.

Attacking Midfielders

Dynamo%20AMs_zpsawg9xikl.png

Summary: Much like central midfield, one of Dynamos strong points. Belhanda is head and shoulders above everyone else and should be one of the first names on your team sheets. Bezus and Rybalka are both more than capable of filling in if needed, though personally I feel they are better off filling in at CM roles. Kranjcar is currently on loan at QPR, due to his high wages and age id look to offload him.

Potential Targets: I wouldnt recommend getting anyone really, I imagine you will be at risk of losing Belhanda to some major European clubs if he performs well for you, so id keep an eye out for some youngish talent and groom them to be ready in the case the event does occur, off the top of my head the romanian duo from Steaua Stanciu (4.5mil) Iancu (5.5mil) would be good shouts.

Other Notes:

Potential Youngsters: Tsygankov is the only player who may turn out to be something, still very young at 16 so get him some tutoring, like Kharatin dont expect much though.

Wingers

Dynamo%20Wingers_zpsahe52enk.png

Summary: An area thats pretty strong that maybe could use a tweak depending on the situation youre in. Yarmolenko without a doubt your best overall player, some big teams around Europe will be showing interest in him, so lock him up to a new contract so that you may remove the current release clause in his contract, not only is he a valuable asset due to his ability, but being a homegrown player and Ukrainian makes him your most valuable asset. Oleg Gusev is a player that will remain a valuable asset to your team despite getting their in age, at the very least you are looking at good rotation option. Dudu is currently on loan @ Gremio and unlikely to remain at the club much longer, he has a very low buy clause in his loan deal (100k?). Kalytvyntsev is without a doubt your best youngster, very impressive stats and still has room to grow, has great all-around stats so can be developed into a number of different roles.

Potential Targets: Would all just depend on the situation youre in and formation youre playing. If you can raise enough money through player sales you can get one of the best wingers in the game in Depay (15mil) his value will increase and increase for every window you wait. Id recommend getting Pavel Savitsky for 77k, at the very least you will make a very healthy profit. Konoplyanka is initially a player that will be reluctant to join you in the first window but one that will be open to joining you later on in the game depending on the success of Dynamo, no clue to what the cost would be.

Other Notes: While Jermain Lens is a striker by position, feel his talents are best suited to be used as a winger.

Potential Youngsters: None noteworthy

Strikers

Dynamo%20ST_zps2qpxplnu.png

Summary: Pretty strong overall in this area. Mbokani is a great forward to lead the line, he is 29 though so have your eyes open for a replacement. Lens while striker by position in my opinion is bestsuited for out wide, due to his pace though he could make a excellent strike partner for Mbokani. Marco Ruben is currently on away loan, while a solid player hes on pretty high wages, and would take one of the foreign spots, imo you are best suited to let him go and look at other options. Kravets is the perfect back-up to have, more than capable of doing a job and is Ukranian, potential issue though is he will make noise when a club like Metalist/Dniporo make a move for him, he seeks an assurance that he will be a key player which wont be the case so a heads up on that. Teodorczyk the worst of the lot, hes an "ok" poacher but hes not good enough to be taking up one of the foreign slots in league play, has done a job for me in EL though so look to play him in EL to increase his value and then sell him in the summer.

Potential Targets: Nothing significant, id replace Teodorczyk with Artem Milevskiy in the winter or the second summer window, he wont see much time he would be fine with a back-up to the back-up role is a former Dynamo youth player, will cost very little, and wont demand much in wages. If Kravets seeks a move outta of Dynamo then id take a look at Zozuyla of Dnipro, hes reluctant to join you at first in the window but throughout the season he becomes interested at the possibility of joining Dynamo.

Other Notes:

Potential Youngsters: None noteworthy

Foreign Limit Rules, Transfer Strategy

Foreign Limit

You are required to have NO MORE THAN 7 NON-UKRANIANS on the pitch in any domestic game. This should be of little problem, as you have a very good group of Ukrainians in the team, I myself fielded a team with only one foreigner in the XI in a a few times, and won the matches easily.

Season%20Expectations_zpsiaenhspd.png

Transfer Strategy

You are given a transfer kitty of 9mil, but with little wage available you will have to adjust the budget to maneuver in the market. You are given 100 percent of the transfer revenue available, and their is money to be made through player sales, so if you arent satisfied with the squad and want to make some major changes then you will have to adopt a sell to buy strategy in the first window. Dynamo are a fairly reputable club so you can look to poach some of the best talents in South America, along with a number of talents in Europe, this will be key getting some of the best foreign talents and mixing them in with the established Ukrainians already in the team. Personally I look domestically to "fill out the squad", and look abroad for the best players to come straight in, I would recommend against having more than 2/3 foreigners sitting on the bench especially if you are having issues with filling out the HG quota.

SO WHY FC DYNAMO KYIV?

Ending Shakhtars Dominance

Shakhtar has reigned dominant in Ukraine for a while now, they now have lifted the league trophy 5 seasons straight, 3 of the times Dynamo finished second last season Dynamo finished 4th, and the season before that 3rd. You come in with a squad capable of finally dethroning Shakhtar, and are expected to do so.

Re-Establishing Dynamos Dominance

Dynamo by many pundits are considered to the number #1 Eastern European club of all time. Despite their great history, Dynamo are a club with little recent success winning one major trophy in the past 5 years (domestic cup last season), but despite their lack of recent success Dynamo is not far off you come in with a great squad that is capable of winning the league. To compete in Europe will require a little more work but Dynamo are a reputable enough club to where you can attract the type of players that can make you a force once more in Europe.

Good Home Grown Foundation

While some may be put off the foreign limit rule (max 7 foreigners allowed in XI) it is not a issue at all with Dynamo has they have a capable bunch of Ukranians, majority of them being trained at Dynamo themselves. Players like Garmash, Yarmolenko, Khaceridi, and Koval (once he returns from loan) are all class players, and some of the first names that will be in your XI. Alongside those 4 you have a number of players who can push themselves in the XI in the future with the likes of Sydorchuk, Kalytyintsev. You also have more than capable squad players such as Bezus, Guzev, and Rybalka.

so im in the winter break in my save, currently first in the league with one loss, and two draws and barely won my EL group which had the likes of Maribor, Lille, and Sheriff, ill now face Vodovinja in the round of 32

my transfers

In:

Pavel Savitsky 75k...one for the future, ill loan him in the country to get accustomed, and have him be Gusevs successor

Balanta 5mil.....not much to be said about this one, hes pretty good

Lucas Pratto 5.5mil....was a great fit with the way I play, capable of leading the line and being a creator of sorts to get my IF's involved

Sergiy Pshenychnykh 200k....meh whatever was ukranian and a left footed CB, I needed one....thinking ill just sell him in the winter window now and go for someone else

Eugene Tkachuk 6mil....solid CB who is ukranian, and is fine with being a back-up

Olexander Osman 4.2mil....LB with good potential, be interesting to see how he develops definitely overpaid for this one

Lucas Digne 14mil....one I was truly shocked I could pull off until one of my scouts came with the suggestion

Gino Peruzzi 3.7mil....no brainer this one need help at FB, and came for a great price

Gaston Gil Romero 4.5mil.......no brainer this one either helps solidify my midfield

Out:

Miguel Veloso....7.5mil

Selin...2.5mil

Dragovic...15mil

Haruna...2mil

Jermain Lens...10mil

Mbokani...10mil

for anyone reading this and starting or in a Dynamo save, id suggest asking for maybe slightly more if you are keen in selling any of these players, I had teams biting on first transfers offers, be interested to see how much ppl can get for the likes of Dragovic hes in demand more than anyone else

my XI

GK: Shovokskyi

CWB (S): Digne, Peruzzi

CB (D): Balanta, Khacheirdi

CM (D): Gil Romero

CM (S): Garmash, Sydorchuk

IF (A): Belhanda, Yarmolenko

CF (S): Pratto

Winter transfers

IN:

Chesnakov 2.8mil.....versatile CDM, who is an accomplished CB can also play as CM, got him on 1.5k wages/week

Zozulya 13.5mil.....with Kravets off, needed a striker while I overpaid for him he checks alot of boxes capable enough to start, and was a HG product of the club, cant register him for the EL though which is a downer

Milevskyi 500k.....meh why not? :D

OUT:

Dudu 5.5mil....he has like a 100k buyout in his loan clause with gremio, he played very well at Gremio and they activated it but couldnt agree to personal terms on the last day of his loan, so he came back to Dynamo where I sold him to twente for 5mil think I couldve gotten more

Kravets 5mil

Teodorczyk loan....wanted to keep him since Zozulya was cup tied, but ill just play Pratto in Europe, and have Zozulya play domestically in weeks im in Europe, hopefully Teo performs well in Poland so I can sell him this summer

so in the end pretty much just tweaked with my depth, nothing to major while I did overpay for Zozu which was expected

Elaborate please on your scouting team. What is your world knowledge, did you bring anybody in at the beginning of the season, and what tasks were you issuing, especially on the youngsters search. How easy was it to sell players in the first window?

I find myself struggling in scout/transfer section, which is a downer, cause building a squad and playing games is going well for me.

Thanks.

I just now made changes to my scouting team (im in mid march first season)...when I came in the scouting knowledge was at around 20? percent, most of the players I signed though is simply past experience in other saves, and suggestions on boards like these...one or two of the signings just came up in the search function through filters (e.g.) Tchauk (CB+Ukranian)

as for the selling of players most of them had interest on them when I started up the save so I just put up my asking offers and had teams bite on em

Officially finished my first season...managed to do the treble!!

won the league easily, Dnipro finished second, shakhtar finished third

beat Dnipro in the domestic cup 4-0 Pratto hattrick in the first half!......had a major scare in the quarters after losing a 3-0 agg lead to Karaty in the return leg, they go up 3-0 at HT, they then score right after the second half starts, I score around the 80th minute I win on PKs

EL I walked through beat Vodovnjia in the round of 32, beat Inter, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon pretty easily surprisingly, struggled with Lille in the final a little before I came out as a 4-2 winner with Yarmolenko getting a hattrick

with all this success, I now have to beat teams away from poaching my players think my XI is getting "major interest" from teams abroad

ill post squad summary later

heading into the summer as I said practically my XI is being hounded by top clubs from abroad..first victim was Balanta who went to city for 30mil, and then Belhanda to madrid for 20mil...offered new contracts to Yarmolenko and Khace which they gladly accepted so thats a start

bought depay for around 20mil to replace Belhanda happy with that move, looking at replacements now for Balanta...preferably a left footed CB, was actually thinking of getting Ravitsky (sp?) from Shakhtar and buying a foreigner to add to my midfield three

Gil Romero being hounded by Juve, I have rebuffed them for now...Pratto was complaining about getting a new contract, and I had Milan and Zenit offering 20mil pounds for him which I accepted

Umtiti and Aboubakar both have been bought to fill in for the LCB, and ST role, both for around 22mil each

my XI is looking awesome, Aboukabar scores in his debut off the bench and Depay has 5 goals in his first two games

edit: beat Dnipro in the Super Cup 3-2

• 5 months later...

Started a game with Dynamo today. Interesting save! Decided to get some foreign talent early, to get 4-5 super players that fill up foreign slots and get the rest filled with best Ukrainians. Sold Vida and Dragovic for 7,5 and 22,5 million Euros respectively and got Balanta back.

Line-up now: Shovkovskiy (will be Koval when he gets back) - Gusev, Khacheridi, Balanta, Antunes - Garmash, Veloso - Yarmolenko, Tariq, Lens - Mbokani.

2nd string: Rybka - Danilo Silva, Chechev (33 yo bought for 1M), Azatskyi (own youth with potential), Makarenko - Sydorchuk, Haruna - Kalitvintsev, Rybalka, Belhanda - Teodorczyk/Kravets.

Got Jovic coming in, looking to offload Antunes, Veloso, Haruna, Lens, Mbokani and Teodorczyk gradually to clear more foreign spots.

Archived