Board set initial budgets

Hi Guys,

It is the 8 April and i am Liverpool and my board are setting the budgets for the coming season before the one I am in has finished. Why are they setting the budgets now when there is still over a month to go and there is still price money to come, TV rights and sponsorship deals. I know the budgets can get adjusted a number of times but it seems daft to do the first one before the season has finished. I am sure in FM2014 and previous versions the budgets were announced shortly after the season had finished.

I don't play in other leagues so not sure if this is just a Premier League issue or the same applies in Spain, Germany etc.

It's a new feature, it allows you to plan for your summer transfers by giving you an idea of how much money you'll be able to spend. Obviously you can still request more and choose your season objectives like usual that also effect the amount.

It's also good because in past games the AI would sometimes snap up free-transfers or other players before you even got handed your budget.

Archived