Championship Terracing Issue

I have recently been promoted to the Championship with Halifax, but did not manage to get The Shay converted to an all seater as I had only just acquired it, leaving me with a maximum attendance of only 5830 (the amount of seats at The Shay) instead of the 7000 I was averaging last season in League 1 which probably would have been higher in the Championship. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you allowed to have terracing? It's a pretty big thing, as it affects finances. Examples of clubs that have used terracing in recent years in the Championship include Brentford, Peterborough, Scunthorpe and Yeovil.

While it was the case terracing was allowed in certain circumstances i thought it was only for a limited number of years if you were in the championship then work would have to be done on it I believe it is a 3 year rule? Loved the Peterborough terrace when i went away was such fun and a great atmosphere. Also am in a similar position on fm with my team york city only pulling in gates of 6,000.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived