Player Demaning Money

so im just begining the 3rd season as Manchester United and (after trying for 2years) teams are bidding for Nani, i have never used him, yet he is intent on staying. Ive accepted a bid from Granada for £8million and he is demending i pay him so much a week because Granada cannot afford his full wage.

Has this happend to anyone else?

Should i accept his request or not? he is surplus to requiements at this point, i play without wingers

Surely it's a no brainer.

Option 1 - Accept the offer, make £8 million from the sale and shave, I'm guessing, around £50k per week off your wage bill.

Option 2 - Reject the offer, make no money and continue paying £80k per week (again, I'm guessing) to Nani for the remainder of his contract until he leaves on a free.

Can't exactly say that option 2 is particularly appealing!

yh it defo seemend a no brainer i just thought that if i declined i may get another offer from a team that can afford his full wage.

so really i was asking if i shud accept this offer or wait for another :)

yh it defo seemend a no brainer i just thought that if i declined i may get another offer from a team that can afford his full wage.

so really i was asking if i shud accept this offer or wait for another :)

It's possible, but it's your decision to weigh up whether or not it's worth waiting (if you can wait). Just remember that as they get closer to six months left on their contract, you've got less opportunity to keep delaying if you want to profit from it.

In one game I sold Anderson to some Brazilian team just two days before he'd have been able to agree a free move at the end of his contract, so while the transfer fee wasn't amazing and he wanted me to keep paying around 25% of what I'd been paying him, I still ultimately got a £2.5m profit (£2.9m transfer fee minus £400k wages) compared to making a loss if I kept him (no transfer fee and £1.6m in wages). If he'd had, say, 18 months left on his contract then perhaps I could have refused the offer, sent him out on loan and tried to get rid permanently in the summer, but it's a bit of a gamble because there's no guarantee anyone would be interested in him then. As you said you've been trying to sell Nani for two years without success, it may well just be better to take the deal that's on the table now if you've found it that tricky to get him off your hands.

Or Adebayor, City were paying a massive chunk of his wages after selling him to Spurs, 50% IIRC.

Archived