Free Kicks in Fm2015 reflects reality?

Yeah, it seems few and far between that players actually score from free kicks. With that said, it's pretty special and quite infrequent that someone scores from them in real life with the exception of the top players.

I am becoming very fed up with goals from free kick follow ups, though. I have scored and conceded numerous goals from a shot being blocked or parried away for a player to be there to tap it in while everyone else is sitting around. I'll just add it to the list of gripes I've had with the whole experience of FM 15.

Last time I looked at stats for this it was about 1 in 15 in real life. SI do have the stats, they posted some in the feedback thread i believe, think they were pretty close tbh.

If so, I can sit back and know nothing will happen since I don't have Pirlo.

If so, what are the stats for?

Well the attributes work in the ME but from experience I can tell you that just looking at one or two doesn't always give you the full picture.

Some players who look like good set piece takers on paper don't work so well on the pitch while others who don't look as good work great on the pitch. Now obviously this is down to a combination of various attributes and I'm sure with a lot of effort someone could identify which those are but personally I find trial & error on the pitch an easier way.

I think a more unrealistic aspect of the free kicks is the games seeming need to have a shot with any free kick within 30 yds instead of sometimes trying to put through other players

This is a great point. There is no apparent way to communicate that players shouldn't shoot, and the game all-too-often assumes that's the best option.

Archived