"Cannot suggest due to board restrictions" - is this a bug?

I currently have between 10k and 30k p/w to spend on wages, depending on how I adjust my budget, but the most I'm able to offer any player I'm trying to sign is 1.1k regardless of the squad status. I can renew contracts of players that aren't as good as those I'm looking to sign and offer more money than this.

I'm looking in the salary section of my finances and for key player it shows allowed - £4,800, minimum £1,100.

To me this seems like a bug in that the board is mistakenly only letting me offer the current minimum, as opposed to the allowed amount.

Thoughts?

Is that right? I've just checked my current squad and £1,100 is the lowest wage I have for all the players with a squad status of key player. So the "minimum" figure seems to relate to my current squad rather than any amount the board are letting me offer.

£1,100 seems extremely low for a key player when I have a budget room of up to 30k p/w. I could offer more last season when my budget was considerably smaller!

Is that right? I've just checked my current squad and £1,100 is the lowest wage I have for all the players with a squad status of key player. So the "minimum" figure seems to relate to my current squad rather than any amount the board are letting me offer.

£1,100 seems extremely low for a key player when I have a budget room of up to 30k p/w. I could offer more last season when my budget was considerably smaller!

I am only commenting from my experience in my own game- I was allowed to offer up to 15K to renew an existing key player's contract but only 8K to sign a new player, even after offering key player status. Just my interpretation though.

It just seems coincidental that the maximum amount I'm able to offer is also the minimum I currently have for a key player. Makes me think it's a bug.

If not then it's definitely flawed that I can offer less than last season even though my transfer and wage budgets have both increased significantly.

Archived