FM 15 how are the regens?

I bought FM14 early and did a lot of bug reporting, including odd attribute values of regen players. only now have I finally got a save far enough to see the FM14 regens taking over and I'm a bit disappointed to see that the old problem of unnatural looking players replacing the real ones. It's almost impossible to find at championship level the kind of midfield destroyer who stops the other team playing, although there are plenty of real players like that in 2013/2014 they're all in their thirties now. Has FM 15 improved this area? I haven't seen any threads complaining about the regens does that mean it's finally fixed?

Wow what a ridiculous question/ statement. You know you can train players to be better at certain things right? All players aged 15/16 are raw, and if trained correctly can be whatever you like..

While you can micro manage training to smooth out odd attribute values you can't rely on the AI to do that for the tens of thousands of players it is controlling. So if regens are being consistently allocated low values for vital attributes it certainly does effect the player. Making it harder to find first team ready players in the transfer market and making the game easier in the long run as AI controlled teams start players the gamer would reject.

While you can micro manage training to smooth out odd attribute values you can't rely on the AI to do that for the tens of thousands of players it is controlling. So if regens are being consistently allocated low values for vital attributes it certainly does effect the player. Making it harder to find first team ready players in the transfer market and making the game easier in the long run as AI controlled teams start players the gamer would reject.

While that is fair enough, in 2020/21 I have see plenty of regens come through, of which some are definitely allocated attributes in the right places.. Much like the real world, they dont just show up commonly!

Mind you, I'm in my second season in the Liga Adelante after spending three seasons in the Spanish 2B (doing the 'Big Euro' challenge), so take this with a grain of salt.

I understand what the OP is talking about and, so far, it seems that newgens do have more 'properly' distributed attributes to begin with. Of course, all youngsters can be re-trained or put on more specific training regimens, etc. which can greatly change the players they become.

I'm still getting world class regens with below 5 for key mental stats in 2022.

Find them early and train them then ^

Think OP is talking about lots of regens in 14 having 5 bravery for cb etc and random attributes etc that didnt work for their position

Yeah, whats with the DM & CD with low bravery?? I've found a few good players with strong attributes + good bravery but a bit too many of them are good attributes + low bravery. I suspect there might be a reason for this. Was wondering on this for quite some time.

Then again, saw Mertesacker went for cover on Liverpool's goal last night :p

Maybe Mr Wenger told him not to get injured.

In lower league I am finding the regens are much better than before. There are more specialization in attributes. For example a regen which has 15 pace but his technical is very bad, or someone having a finishing of 12 and very bad mental. Most regens have one or two attibutes which are very good for the level I am playing. I mean some players seem they might make it as backup for first team.

Is that strictly correct?

A one star potential player cannot ever become a 3/4 star player can they?

Perhaps and perhaps not, a coaches' opinion of a players ability can and will change.

So a player with 1 star potential rating can change to 3 star and vice versa. I've had a couple of players that were highly rated as players by my coach one season and they dropped to 2 stars the following season without making any signings in their position.

Also if a players attributes are good for his position but only has a couple of stars he can still play really well.

Perhaps and perhaps not, a coaches' opinion of a players ability can and will change.

So a player with 1 star potential rating can change to 3 star and vice versa. I've had a couple of players that were highly rated as players by my coach one season and they dropped to 2 stars the following season without making any signings in their position.

Also if a players attributes are good for his position but only has a couple of stars he can still play really well.

That could just be because the reserve players improved though. Star ratings are compared to your team not the world.

That could just be because the reserve players improved though. Star ratings are compared to your team not the world.

What reserve players?

I'm playing FMC, so my reserves has players from my poor quality youth team and players that that are on the unwanted list waiting for my HoF to get rid of them or their contracts to run down as I don't want to spend out a large sum of money to get rid of them immediately.

Anyway star ratings are largely meaningless. I have a winger/central midfielder rated 2, maybe 2 and half stars for CA and PA and he's been the best player in my team 2 seasons running.

Because of that I'm actually going to take the chance with a couple of youth players who came through the academy. The DC has decent attributes, although is a little slow, for his age in the most important DC attributes. The AMC will be retrained as striker.

I ran some simulations and the regens in FM15 are too strong in the long run compared to the initial CA/PA values in the database. You can't simply judge players by CA/PA but still it shows that if anything, regens need toning down. As said above, if you buy players at a young age, you are able to shape their attributes quite dramatically.

Wow what a ridiculous question/ statement. You know you can train players to be better at certain things right? All players aged 15/16 are raw, and if trained correctly can be whatever you like..

Is there a thread that gives you instructions//steps to help you nurture youngsters

Is there a thread that gives you instructions//steps to help you nurture youngsters

It's not too complicated, tbh. Focus on attributes that need improving for the role(passing for playmakers, etc), or if they're balanced, just train the role. Or, if you see a player has attributes more suitable to a different position, you could consider retraining them to a different position, or it could be a case of a need at a different place in your squad.

There are certain attributes like aggression that you cannot improve. FM14 was notably bad in generating players with good aggression.

There are certain attributes like aggression that you cannot improve. FM14 was notably bad in generating players with good aggression.

Afaik; aggression is the only attribute that can't be improved (it can decrease though).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest El Payaso

Overly physical and ready for first team too early. It just seems too easy to spot which ones will be quality as even these 15-year-olds have loads of good attributes. Also many of them have huge strenght, pace etc from the very beginning. Should be fairly rare to have high physicals for really young players.

Agreed on physicality aspects of younger players.

Also agreed that is seems to be a running trend on FM games in the last few years that roughly 75% of all the fullbacks in the game are awful (i.e less than 8) at either (usually both) crossing or dribbling. In fact I would go as far as to say that most of the full backs I see coming through are basically just small CB's with strength and jumping replaced with stamina and pace/acc.

I also see a decent amount of 4/5 star Premier League wingers who come through with finishing less than 8.

agreed, even players that don't look like have any future can still become something with good training and tutoring, one day i tried investing in all my youth players no matter how bad they seem, assigning training programs and tutorings when possible, and one of the players that looked like he was useless had a major improvement in 2 months because of his training and the tutoring i assigned

at first he seemed just like he had no potential for the future

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2iiu0ir.jpg

and then, 2 months later, BAM! every attribute improved a lot, even my staff now changed their opinion of his potential

http://oi57.tinypic.com/303iiyt.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2m3r48x.jpg

so yeah, training and tutoring can make a lot of difference, as well as position training for positions that better match the player

Archived