Second season syndrome, patch 15.2.0 or something else???

Currently I am playing with man utd my second season. I am really struggling (specially for away games) and I don’t know If Its beause oft he new update or the team morale or the snydrome oft he famous second season

After some success in the starting season its now going downhill

Overview first season:

http://www11.pic-upload.de/11.12.14/hoqhgfzu4gif.png

I didn't change nothing at all for the second season.

Here is my tactical set-up and formation since I am playing with man utd

http://www11.pic-upload.de/11.12.14/p1ebyu6arspr.png

No big transfers except a backup for the gk position. Like said no change to formation, player roles, TI’s or PI’s.

Now my position after 11 games in premier league :

http://www11.pic-upload.de/11.12.14/3nt6mxcdqga.png

My results after the new update 15.2.0

http://www11.pic-upload.de/11.12.14/r5tnuaadj3p.png

Concede 6 goals from corners in the last 5 games, despite my team has the best header values of the league

http://www11.pic-upload.de/11.12.14/7r4x6opzm6f.png

Away this season:

Played not so bad if you look and the match stats, but the goals from the set pieces and the missing of cccs are destroying my team.

I lost last season only 3 matches in 38 games now I ve lost 4 games after 12 games.

Also concede only one goal @ home and 14 goals away (speaks for the league)

Need urgently a good set up for defending corners.

One funny thing about the ME. Played against city away and decied the watch the match in a comprehensive mode and had everything under control – score, possesion, chances etc. after switching to extended mode, they had two set pieces and scored. I always thing the mode of the matchview has no impact for the match result ????

Something about team morale:

After selling some top young talent nick powell. Rooney was very unsatisfied and demand a equal replacement. But I couldn’t get some one and rooney and almost the first eleven of my players have in average unhappy or only OK morale. Despite I had some good results, since seasonstart can’t manage to increase the team morale. Tried with team talks, player conversation, praising, warning etc.

To sum up:

The game is in this shape absolutely not playable for me.

Please need some help

Well, start by getting the nonsense out of your head about the matchview impacting it or the game not being in playable shape. There are a number of things about this game which are not perfect and need worked on, but it is absolutely in playable shape.

Few other points:

• Your tactic looks fundementally sounds, although its not an easy system to make effective all the time. By its very nature, you can be week down the flanks and teams can target that.
  • What type of goals have you conceded in the losses and draws? Watch each one back and understand what could have been done differently to prevent it
  • Understand that this is football. Utd went through similar patches in real life last season, and this. You will not win every game. You will not go through a season unbeaten other than one team once in about 12 years. Dont over react. Players have bad games, there are days when your luck is just not in.
  • Corners - I use 5 Zonal (Back 4 plus my striker), 3 Man mark (my 3 central midfield players), one edge of box and one left forward (my 2 wide men). I have conceded 1 goal in around 30 with that set up.
  • Ignore the CCC counter in match stats. Its broken. Or if you want me to be more subtle, the definition of CCC in game is not inline with what most people would consider a "clear change" - watch some games in detail to understand the type of changes you are creating/missing.

^^ Can you not see that this is just a fundamentally bad tactic? :eek:

18 long shots out of 42, and you didn't think to change?

A third of shots on target, and you didn't think to change?

I have seen your posts in General Discussion, and frankly you need tactical help.

thx mate for your concern, but i am happy with my tactic

m.e v1541 works well with my overload tactic

deb241.png

So you play on Overload, and are upset when you lose one game in twenty seven, and feel fit to post these results?

Well done :applause:

you are missing the essential statement "player have bad day" and i just backup jambo98 statement with actual picture hoping vandamme22 understand

until you show up, just based on 1 picture you call others tactic bad. more picture!!!

2d7wpkn.png

efj7ds.png

33a3u6p.png

zyf2mg.png

iop4cw.png

I based my comments on posts like this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/412788-30-Shots-On-Target-Per-Game-0-Goals?p=10053286&viewfull=1#post10053286

That implied that you shot a lot and missed a lot, but you seemed confused by it. The fact that you earlier implied that you play on Overload and then express the same surprise seems somewhat counterintuitive to me. Were the low shot games on a different Mentality? I can only assume so.

that picture are m.e v1538

and if you say longshoot are bad in m.e v1538, then you are bad enough dont see slow goal keeper reaction in m.e v1538

i purposely(wanted) made the tactic to break that match engine

then m.e v1541 comes up they buff the goalkeeper, the longshoot tactics is hard to win. thats why i made new tactics with overload

dont you read the patch note? here i will paste it for you

- Improved marking at lower levels

- Fine-tuned keeper positioning when an attacker is in a shooting position

- Improved use of passes for players to run onto

- Fixed some instances of poor goalkeeper reaction times

- Fixed goalkeepers not getting back to their own goal quick enough after passing outside their area

- Tweaked goalkeepers ability to turn shots behind rather than back into play

- Improved movement of attackers from crossed free kicks

Well, start by getting the nonsense out of your head about the matchview impacting it or the game not being in playable shape. There are a number of things about this game which are not perfect and need worked on, but it is absolutely in playable shape.

Few other points:

• Your tactic looks fundementally sounds, although its not an easy system to make effective all the time. By its very nature, you can be week down the flanks and teams can target that.
  • What type of goals have you conceded in the losses and draws? Watch each one back and understand what could have been done differently to prevent it
  • Understand that this is football. Utd went through similar patches in real life last season, and this. You will not win every game. You will not go through a season unbeaten other than one team once in about 12 years. Dont over react. Players have bad games, there are days when your luck is just not in.
  • Corners - I use 5 Zonal (Back 4 plus my striker), 3 Man mark (my 3 central midfield players), one edge of box and one left forward (my 2 wide men). I have conceded 1 goal in around 30 with that set up.
  • Ignore the CCC counter in match stats. Its broken. Or if you want me to be more subtle, the definition of CCC in game is not inline with what most people would consider a "clear change" - watch some games in detail to understand the type of changes you are creating/missing.

The goals which I conceded from corners are crosses to near post. I will try your corner set up...

I know I can't win every match and It's football. But as a defending champion I want some constancy. The board have appointed to win the league as target, so I have to be ambitious.

Yeah I play wingerless, I know Its open down the flanks, but I concede most from corners or through middle.

you have to make sure the conceded are "messi goal" or "tactical"

if messi goal your player just having bad day or lacking skill or even motivation

if tactical you have to tweak a bit more your current tactic

watching all analysis after match will improve your tactical knowledge (im still doing it)

So you play on Overload, and are upset when you lose one game in twenty seven, and feel fit to post these results?

Well done :applause:

should a mod reply like this? you would get a red card if you clapped your hands like that on a football pitch

you have to make sure the conceded are "messi goal" or "tactical"

if messi goal your player just having bad day or lacking skill or even motivation

if tactical you have to tweak a bit more your current tactic

watching all analysis after match will improve your tactical knowledge (im still doing it)

Messi goal means?

do you have a explanation for my away game syndrome? I can't no more dominate possession or concede to much from set-pieces.

How do you analyis after the match? can you be more specific???

few picture above with red blue green yellow orange colour are analysis

jambo98 deffending corner are solid, try to copy it

away game is always tricky, because the opponent want to do well in front their fans....all about mentality and pressure (there is more, cant remember :p)

should a mod reply like this? you would get a red card if you clapped your hands like that on a football pitch

Looking on the flip side,RTH is more than happy to help anyone who genuinely wants it. He has gone to great lengths to answer questions I've asked. The forum would be worse off without him. Dam those mods for giving up their time to help us.

oh agreed. just thought it was a bit over the top...or whatever it is called...anyway im swedish, english not my first language, maybe I overreacted. RTH has been and are very helpfull on these forums.

Apologies if you took offence, but I dislike it when tactics are shared which are based on an intention to try to exploit something.

General Discussion is full of users complaining about too many shots, not enough on target etc. If it transpires this is because they are using weird downloaded tactics with unrealistic ultra-attacking foundations, then it serves to show the influence that tactic sharers can have.

• 2 weeks later...

Great that your guys concluded peace.

I follow your posting guidelines but your moderators don't really help me.

The game is broken for me. Serious, I dispatch bayern 4-0, atletico 7-0 @ home etc. but with the same tactic I can't win against relegated team candidates or middle-class teams away. I tweak only the close down and push higer as TI. So its impossible to win a title, when you never win away or has constancy.

So whats going wrong??? Please need some advices, otherwise I will give up this game

Last matches:

vn78gkblgq33.png

kncd2fqqrb.png

vx6zobf6sg5s.png

mclnkld7whe.png

wtizqk5h1z2u.png

hrhbhk4ojfio.png

d38te7pjtl3u.png

sccvrtsnge17.png

ljk6t2npkudw.png

w9kh3x8xh7m.png

of5m6w82ezyu.png

i82yz7p1hgt5.png

qqkvhe4ftgs4.png

Fixtures so far

4pydj62vofjr.png

Tactic:

2bcdjqgxdlc.png

Would be really glad If you can help me, thanks

Well my exp from FM is that on 2nd season a complete tactical change is needed becuase teams that you play against more regularlly will know how to defend against your current tactic and beat it.

Just like how in my chelsea save every time a team plays your formation i have to make 3-4 changes during the match to counter it and win the game. Try create a new tactic and see if that helps your result, or better yet create a clone of your current tactic and try some different instructions and stuff and see what happens.

P.S In the football world, no manager employs the same tactic twice, they always get found out, just like how Pep learned the hard way by playing Tiki Taka to death with Barcelona.

The main reason why you might be winning against big teams is that those teams play more attacking and aggressive. They will leave space behind and your players have a bit more time and space to use. Weaker teams will just sit in the back and give you all the time you want but no space at all. Either you try to draw them out by playing less aggressive or just keep attacking and hope for the best. If its a disciplined team(good teamwork, work rate, decisions, coach) drawing them out will be hard. If they are not good individually you might be better with just trying to attack and wait for their mistakes. But as you can see real life football is unpredictable and you never know what's gonna happen. Its just up to you to analyse and see what's best.

Hah - I've seen this a few times and it used to drive me nuts.

Now I play with three different tactics depending on how I expect the opponents to play against me and I've found the consistency I lacked.

Formation remains the same but I change the roles and the instructions - the main tweak for me is the mentality.

I've found its very easy to lose if you try and rack up a cricket score against a weak side, who see you coming a mile off and just try to sit back and counter you. So I play a little less gung-ho, try to retain the ball and build more patiently - while ensuring that I'm defending well. Against the better sides you seem to be doing fine - for me it's a matter of identifying whether I'm home or away and having an idea of what they're going to do given that circumstance.

In short - you don't have to play super-attacking mentalities to crush sides. Sometimes just playing on standard will let you win huge because the opponent can do less to counter you.

Hoe it helps.

Archived