Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

My problem isn't being third, I know i cant touch Barca and Real but there is no reason for this to happen to me every save.

Like I had 5 losses the whole season, and then in the last 5 games I lose 4 and draw 1 against teams I've previously dominated (except Barca and Real).

1.jpg

If you are losing games like that, you are doing something wrong for these games. Ir looks like you are out of form and lacking confidence - any team would be after such a run. Be gentle and encouraging in team talks, and focus on grinding out results to get the form back. Right now a 0-0 would be a good result for you. WheneverI encounter a bad run of form I dial things back a bit and just try to stop losing.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just something that is annoying me at the minute, no alerts on players on my shortlist. So when people Bid on them I don't get alerted which is rather a pain when a player goes for a bargain price. I get alerted for if they are injured or play well in a game but not for transfer. Any suggestions??

Just something that is annoying me at the minute, no alerts on players on my shortlist. So when people Bid on them I don't get alerted which is rather a pain when a player goes for a bargain price. I get alerted for if they are injured or play well in a game but not for transfer. Any suggestions??

Check the settings under manage subscriptions (one of the tabs on the news screen). You can toggle each section on or off for your shortlist.

My problem isn't being third, I know i cant touch Barca and Real but there is no reason for this to happen to me every save.

Like I had 5 losses the whole season, and then in the last 5 games I lose 4 and draw 1 against teams I've previously dominated (except Barca and Real).

1.jpg

Time for a bit of squad rotation, I'd say

Playing in the fourth tier, dropping deep and playing defensively actually works quite well in the meantime. However, some statistics look a tad different the lower down the tiers you go (ahem, dribblings per game, for instance). Managed 19 as a decent mid-table team for that level, they didn't concede in ten of them (employing a 4-1-4-1 basic formation for the most part). And yes, I frequently even employed the previously feared drop deeper encouragements. And a target man I specifically brought in to boot (already made 5 assists, has 25 key passes and but few goals, but goals aren't why I primarily brought him in - we don't score many anyways but then we don't need to).

p56YDsY.jpg

If anybody remembers how until this was patched out, AML and AMR players on attack duty wouldn't track back. For the Forwards and AMCs to be involved in defending, an attack duty is still not the way to go. You can have up to six players just parking at the half way line (3 AMCs plus 3 centre forwards). In particular in systems with a flat midfield (2 centre mids), this can prove problematic against systems employing an AMC sitting in the hole in between midfield and defense. The problem more likely is the transition stage (once you're pinned back, you will have two banks of four in place, even though the two attack duty players may just park at the halfway line and leave central space unoccupied which is also something worth monitoring). Already seen shots of generally insanely high scoring seasons that are likely in parts caused by this (not sure if the AI adopts by keeping a player more back if a human player basically just parks players upfront waiting for the counter). I think on previous versions of the game the AMC tracked back by default, not merely on a support duty, and if you employed two forwards, one of them equally would track back by default. (I may be wrong though). Basically if you're struggling to defend and don't field a DM, never field both your AMC and FWD with an attack duty at the same time, same goes if you're fielding multiple forwards. As in this shot, they won't bother (25+9) and the two CMs will on occasion be forced to leave space behind for an AMC to shine in.

4zkskcA.jpg

Or let's make this more obvious, as you can set up up to six players as both AMCs and centre forwards and each give them an attack duty, they really won't.

gW8WGQZ.jpg

I don't think this needs be patched though unless it proves a problem for the AI (from testing it actually might). The game needs options for encouraging hugely risky things no assistant manager would ever do. What's the point if you can't make major mistakes in tactics? :D

Depends how much you're into tactics. If you're the sort of player who is happy to stick with a 4-2-3-1, high line and high pressing and win game after game after creating dozens of chances per match then the tactics are great. If you are someone who likes to experiment with different playing styles and tactics then the game is not so great.

i m very much into tactics. havent played a 4-2-3-1 formation since FM12.

I m currently into three different saves, with 3 quite different teams, PAOK Thessaloniki, Nantes FC, Milan playing the same two self-made tactics to all of them.

A 4-5-1 (with 2DMs, MR-ML and and AMC) and a 4-3-3 with 3MCs and 3 forwards, DLPs Ps FSs.

Counter mentality, sitting back, hiting on the the break.

I am experiencing none of the issues a lot of people are talking about, aka high score lines (in my PAOK save especially i have conceived 1 goal in 5 games and scored 6, a 0-0 draw included)

and i am not using aggresive attacking tactics as i said.

i am not winning the leagues as yet (stil too early in the season, S1 december in Milan, S1 October with PAOK, S2 October in Nantes) the only trophy i ve won

is the Hungarian League Cup before i sign with Nantes, i m not Crystal Palace year1, but my teams play the way i like em to play, what i am trying to do tactically is mirrored in the pitch

so there is nothing -for me- that i want to change.

Winning or losing, i m having fun, because i see what i though tacticaly (wright or wrong is irrelevant) to be applied on the pitch quite good.

What i see here, in general, is a lot of people complaining about crazy scores, and a lot of people complaining about super keepers and crippled strickers.

Now, somewhere, something is lost, both of these things cannot be happening in the same time. Also few pages back, people were actually complaining

about a super tactic, winning almost everyting first year on but they had no fun.Well...obviously...

I am sorry, i dont mean to cause any trouble, or be rude, or anything, but i am enjoying the game more than any other year i can remember.

So, there is really no need to fix anything SI.:D

i m very much into tactics. havent played a 4-2-3-1 formation since FM12.

I m currently into three different saves, with 3 quite different teams, PAOK Thessaloniki, Nantes FC, Milan playing the same two self-made tactics to all of them.

A 4-5-1 (with 2DMs, MR-ML and and AMC) and a 4-3-3 with 3MCs and 3 forwards, DLPs Ps FSs.

Counter mentality, sitting back, hiting on the the break.

I am experiencing none of the issues a lot of people are talking about, aka high score lines (in my PAOK save especially i have conceived 1 goal in 5 games and scored 6, a 0-0 draw included)

and i am not using aggresive attacking tactics as i said.

i am not winning the leagues as yet (stil too early in the season, S1 december in Milan, S1 October with PAOK, S2 October in Nantes) the only trophy i ve won

is the Hungarian League Cup before i sign with Nantes, i m not Crystal Palace year1, but my teams play the way i like em to play, what i am trying to do tactically is mirrored in the pitch

so there is nothing -for me- that i want to change.

Winning or losing, i m having fun, because i see what i though tacticaly (wright or wrong is irrelevant) to be applied on the pitch quite good.

What i see here, in general, is a lot of people complaining about crazy scores, and a lot of people complaining about super keepers and crippled strickers.

Now, somewhere, something is lost, both of these things cannot be happening in the same time. Also few pages back, people were actually complaining

about a super tactic, winning almost everyting first year on but they had no fun.Well...obviously...

I am sorry, i dont mean to cause any trouble, or be rude, or anything, but i am enjoying the game more than any other year i can remember.

So, there is really no need to fix anything SI.:D

What about those of us that want their team to play attacking, pressing football with a 4-1-2-3 formation? The game is too EASY for us. That's what you haven't understood. Attacking tactics absolutely maul the AI with no effort.

Attacking tactics absolutely maul the AI with no effort.

As per usual from you, that is utter nonsense. Hyperbolic raving influenced by what's been posted on here rather than any tangible personal experience. At least you're consistent.

The users who are experiencing such big scores and ease of victory aren't achieving this simply by playing a certain formation with a certain mentality, there will a lot more to it than that, subtlety far beyond your comprehension (with perhaps an exploit of the engine itself somewhere, natch)

If I played a pressing, attacking 4-1-2-3 formation in my Hereford save in the league I'm in just now for example, I'd get destroyed, and rightly so.

That said, the game does tend to be easier than previous versions, although I've seen plenty people post about how they are struggling, and there's been some online streams by experienced users who aren't getting to grips with it. I guess the bottom line is there are still exploits prevelant in the game, and disappointingly more so than in FM14. Hopefully the final update goes some way to address this, although it's hardly gamebreaking for most users.

It has been mantioned by many posters that 4-2-3-1/4-5-1/4-1-2-3/4-3-3- formatons set to attacking seems to make the game easier to play, I have tried all these and found that to be the case. If you want a game where it's a lot more even and games are closer then it seem that counter/more defensive formations do that.

I must admit that certain posters seem to get away with very personal quips at others on this forum and the mods need to address this, I'm not going to name names but by looking at the posts we can all see who I mean, there is just no need, it is a feedback thread and if by slagging off someone is seen as feedback then this forum has lost it's credit.

Is anyone else finding that their goalkeepers are completely useless? I'm managing Inter and Handanovic is awful. He barely saves anything and lets in so many soft goals. Here's my stats from my games so far

Inter 2-1 Esbjerg - 4 shots on target

Esbjerg 1-0 Inter - 3 shots on target

Palermo 0-0 Inter - 4 shots on target

Inter 3-2 Cagliari - 3 shots on target

Fiorentina 2-3 Inter - 5 shots on target

Inter 2-4 Lazio - 6 shots on target

Sampdoria 3-2 - 6 shots on target

So in 7 matches we've conceded 13 goals from 31 shots on target. Giving a save percentage of 58%. From what research I've done it seems that most PL goalkeepers save 70-80% of shots faced so 58% for me seems very low.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is anyone else finding that their goalkeepers are completely useless? I'm managing Inter and Handanovic is awful. He barely saves anything and lets in so many soft goals. Here's my stats from my games so far

Inter 2-1 Esbjerg - 4 shots on target

Esbjerg 1-0 Inter - 3 shots on target

Palermo 0-0 Inter - 4 shots on target

Inter 3-2 Cagliari - 3 shots on target

Fiorentina 2-3 Inter - 5 shots on target

Inter 2-4 Lazio - 6 shots on target

Sampdoria 3-2 - 6 shots on target

So in 7 matches we've conceded 13 goals from 31 shots on target. Giving a save percentage of 58%. From what research I've done it seems that most PL goalkeepers save 70-80% of shots faced so 58% for me seems very low.

Has anyone else noticed this?

worst of all is when he doesn't recognize he played badly and gets angry when we criticize him, he concedes 2 from 2 30 yard shots which were the only shots on target in the game and says the criticism is unwarranted, while the AI keeper can make super saves jumping even before the striker has taken the shot :(

It has been mantioned by many posters that 4-2-3-1/4-5-1/4-1-2-3/4-3-3- formatons set to attacking seems to make the game easier to play, I have tried all these and found that to be the case. If you want a game where it's a lot more even and games are closer then it seem that counter/more defensive formations do that.

I must admit that certain posters seem to get away with very personal quips at others on this forum and the mods need to address this, I'm not going to name names but by looking at the posts we can all see who I mean, there is just no need, it is a feedback thread and if by slagging off someone is seen as feedback then this forum has lost it's credit.

So much for you putting me on ignore, eh? :lol:

As per usual from you, that is utter nonsense. Hyperbolic raving influenced by what's been posted on here rather than any tangible personal experience. At least you're consistent.

The users who are experiencing such big scores and ease of victory aren't achieving this simply by playing a certain formation with a certain mentality, there will a lot more to it than that, subtlety far beyond your comprehension (with perhaps an exploit of the engine itself somewhere, natch)

If I played a pressing, attacking 4-1-2-3 formation in my Hereford save in the league I'm in just now for example, I'd get destroyed, and rightly so.

That said, the game does tend to be easier than previous versions, although I've seen plenty people post about how they are struggling, and there's been some online streams by experienced users who aren't getting to grips with it. I guess the bottom line is there are still exploits prevelant in the game, and disappointingly more so than in FM14. Hopefully the final update goes some way to address this, although it's hardly gamebreaking for most users.

Wee Dave. In this very thread I've posted screenshots in-depth from one of my saves.

Now go cry to the mods like you tend to when you're exposed and at a loss for words. Wee little Dave....

Since it's still kind of on topic...

I haven't played much over the last month or two. I just bagged 2 days worth of grinding it out and had no real complaints. Then today I crashed, no biggy, I was only 3 games after a save... But I'm kind of a stickler about getting the same results as I had before, especially if they were a win ;) I had DWW for the 3. I got the draw right away.

Then my next one should be easy. I'm 2nd in League 1 playing a relegation contender at home. I average 2.75 goals/game. I concede ~1. They score ~.75 and concede ~2.

First attempt. 3-1 loss. Something like 29 shots and 9 CCCs to 8 shots and 2 CCCs, one was a penalty. Oh well, things happen.

Second attempt. 3-1 loss. 30 something shots, 10 CCCs to 11 shots, 3 CCCs. What the heck?

Third attempt. 1-1 draw. Ok... I guess we're getting somewhere? 12 shots, 3 CCCs to 5 shots 0 CCCs...

Fourth attempt. 2-1 loss. Where's my beer? ~15 shots, 6 CCCs to ~4 shots 0 CCCs.

Fifth attempt. 5-1 win! I made sure not to watch. 19 shots, 3 CCCs to 15 shots 3 CCCs... lol

Glad I wasted my time doing that... The one that I won before the crash I believe was a 3-1 or 4-1 win...

This comes after my draw that I was ok with... Even tho it was 21 shots, 8 CCC's to 9 shots, 1 CCC.

People with say its tactics, etc. Fine. Been using the same 2 tactics for ... 6 campaigns... haven't had issues with results.. Just wanted to say these people with problems aren't alone, and I'm fully aware the SI national guard will come calling to defend the game that has no problems, it's the users that have problems ;)

I haven't played much over the last month or two. I just bagged 2 days worth of grinding it out and had no real complaints. Then today I crashed, no biggy, I was only 3 games after a save... But I'm kind of a stickler about getting the same results as I had before, especially if they were a win ;) I had DWW for the 3. I got the draw right away.

Then my next one should be easy. I'm 2nd in League 1 playing a relegation contender at home. I average 2.75 goals/game. I concede ~1. They score ~.75 and concede ~2.

First attempt. 3-1 loss. Something like 29 shots and 9 CCCs to 8 shots and 2 CCCs, one was a penalty. Oh well, things happen.

Second attempt. 3-1 loss. 30 something shots, 10 CCCs to 11 shots, 3 CCCs. What the heck?

Third attempt. 1-1 draw. Ok... I guess we're getting somewhere? 12 shots, 3 CCCs to 5 shots 0 CCCs...

Fourth attempt. 2-1 loss. Where's my beer? ~15 shots, 6 CCCs to ~4 shots 0 CCCs.

Fifth attempt. 5-1 win! I made sure not to watch. 19 shots, 3 CCCs to 15 shots 3 CCCs... lol

Glad I wasted my time doing that... The one that I won before the crash I believe was a 3-1 or 4-1 win...

This comes after my draw that I was ok with... Even tho it was 21 shots, 8 CCC's to 9 shots, 1 CCC.

People with say its tactics, etc. Fine. Been using the same 2 tactics for ... 6 campaigns... haven't had issues with results.. Just wanted to say these people with problems aren't alone, and I'm fully aware the SI national guard will come calling to defend the game that has no problems, it's the users that have problems ;)

Saying stuff like the "SI national guard" will simply your comments are mostly ignored by anyone relevant, as they are equally as fed up with the snide remarks as we are. Here's the kicker though; What you've posted actually gives little information, and whether others are having same deal doesn't necessarily make it an issue. Really suggest people start reading the house rules and start being more constructive.

Surely the variety of these results show you that the game is more realistic than you maybe think.

I know in the grand scheme of things it's probably unimportant , but it's annoying that I have a 25 year old Mario Gotze sitting without a club in September after leaving Munich in the Summer.

Stats wise he is still one of the best players in the game , has no bad injury history etc , but he wont even speak to me ( after I wouldn't pay him 300k pw in the summer) and has no one interested in him on the transfer screen.

This has happened the last few years - good to top players leave clubs and waste away for years without a club because they would rather not play football than lower their sky high wage demands.

I know in the grand scheme of things it's probably unimportant , but it's annoying that I have a 25 year old Mario Gotze sitting without a club in September after leaving Munich in the Summer.

Stats wise he is still one of the best players in the game , has no bad injury history etc , but he wont even speak to me ( after I wouldn't pay him 300k pw in the summer) and has no one interested in him on the transfer screen.

This has happened the last few years - good to top players leave clubs and waste away for years without a club because they would rather not play football than lower their sky high wage demands.

I would upload that save for sure. If you have one from bayern before negotiations break down, and one when he has become a free agent, please upload if you can

@ Confused

i understand that, but since i dont play like this i havent experienced it.

There are two issues, raised in the past pages which, i my view anyway, contradict each other.

1) Game being too easy when playing with an aggressive attacking style whether you re playing with Chelsea or Leicester

2) Super Gks (no matter their atts) vs lame ass strikers (no matter their atts)

You can clearly see the oxymoron here, although, there is a chance that you are creating so many chances due to (1) and in the end of the day, the (2) doesnt matter.

If that is true, for all teams for all leagues, (which i really dont think that is the case) what exactly do you want SI to do?

Because in order to do somethnig about it, it should be happening in the whole spectre of the game and that is not happening (data taken from a couple of friends who play like you and dont find the game so easy they want it changed)

@ Confused

There are two issues, raised in the past pages which, i my view anyway, contradict each other.

1) Game being too easy when playing with an aggressive attacking style whether you re playing with Chelsea or Leicester

You can clearly see the oxymoron here, although, there is a chance that you are creating so many chances due to (1) and in the end of the day, the (2) doesnt matter.

If that is true, for all teams for all leagues, (which i really dont think that is the case) what exactly do you want SI to do?

Because in order to do somethnig about it, it should be happening in the whole spectre of the game and that is not happening (data taken from a couple of friends who play like you and dont find the game so easy they want it changed)

By playing attacking 4-2-3-1 there are so many attacking optins with midfield/striker that even if the striker is having an off day, you're guaranteed goals from elsewhere no problem.

@ Confused

There is no oxymoron, and it's no news, it's just how the game works, IMO: you can create great tactics, and produce constant good performances, regardless of your players. Final scores, however, are mostly based on the actual attributes of your players (which doesn't necessarily mean that the best players win 100% of the times, but it does mean that Jamie Vardy could be more useful than Diego Costa, if played in a certain position/role/duty).

Whether you are playing Chelsea or Leicester, you can easily and constantly outperform each and every other team in the world. It's frustrating to see how prodigal strikers can be, but final scores are almost irrelevant: Leicester cannot play better than Real Madrid.

And also formations, mentalities, positions, roles, duties... are irrelevant: there is always "something" the ME "likes" and something the ME "loathes", you just have to find out what and why. So, this time it's "aggressive attacking" 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-3? In FM14 AM R and AM L were a liability...

It's pretty clear what SI have to do:

- Improve defending, because defending does not mean "let them shoot 30 times and hope for the best".

- Improve ball possession and build-up play, because football is not basketball.

- Improve GK ratings, because if a team have 16 shots on target and score only 1 goal, the PoM cannot be a DC.

And they know exactly what to do, it's just that it's easier said than done...

Would like to register another complaint about goalkeeper distribution. In my most recent match against Juventus, my tactic was Defensive/Structured and included the More Disciplined, Lower Tempo and Retain Possession TIs. My GKd had the PIs of Slow Pace Down and Pass It Shorter.

Wojciech Szczesny attempted 47 passes and completed 16. Of those passes, 4 didn't make it as far as the near edge of the center circle; three of those were completed. One was tapped out for a corner under pressure. The other 42 were blasted over my midfield into a space around the halfway line to about fifteen yards into the opposition half. About half were aimed at Danny Welbeck, playing as a DFs. The rest were split between Julian Draxler and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Mario Gotze, who replaced AOC 65 minutes in due to injury.

On the arguable subject of "too many goals" - In my FMC save (so apologies if in wrong forum but it's the same ME) I noticed that the big teams have scored either 3, 4 or 5 quite a few times in season 2014/2015, so I wondered if there really are far too many goals.. So as I approached my 21st game - the same total that has passed in real life - I thought I would do some digging.

The biggest FM15 win so far was Spurs 7 Sunderland 0 and the highest scoring game at the time of writing is WBA 5 Hull 5.

IRL this season the biggest win so far was Southampton 8 Sunderland (ironically) 0 and the highest scoring game at the time of writing is Everton 3 Chelsea 6.

These are the League tables. FM on the left and real life on the right. I must confess with some of the score lines in FM I thought the difference between the two would be massive. In some cases the gap is quite large but in others the game has it spot on. Of course it is only one example but it makes interesting reading.

tables.png

Why was the Defensive Winger role removed from the AMLR positions? It seems strange that I can play someone like Alexis Sanchez as a DW at MR, or as a DF at striker, but I can't play him as a DW at AMR, which is his best position.

I had a fairly successful tactic in fm14 where I trained my AM/wingers as DWs and they created much havoc in the attacking third. Now your best bet is play them as wingers on support and tweak them with Player Instructions. It's not the same, though.

I had a fairly successful tactic in fm14 where I trained my AM/wingers as DWs and they created much havoc in the attacking third. Now your best bet is play them as wingers on support and tweak them with Player Instructions. It's not the same, though.

Agree with both. I miss this role/position.

Actually, I don't really even need a DW role. Just give me a blank template AMC/MC/DM/WM type of role that DOESN'T cut inside, that DOESN'T stay wide and cross more, that ISN'T a playmaker, that ISN'T a target man, and ISN'T a ramsdaughter, and I'll be fine. Give me a WAM role with all the options available and let me do my own thing.

And then give me a striker role that does the same thing.

Please and Thanks.

Played or started 11 games? If they are first team players then they will expect to start most matches.

First teamers can't start "most" matches given the crazy demands of players on rotation, backup and even hot prospect. Whinge whinge whinge, even if a player's just up from the youth team. You can no longer have a squad in FM, as is evidently permissible in the real world. How many real world clubs have three keepers and only ever play one? Entirely impossible in FM15.

In FM15 you might as well assemble 11 players and keep them fit with FMRTE.

First teamers can't start "most" matches given the crazy demands of players on rotation, backup and even hot prospect. Whinge whinge whinge, even if a player's just up from the youth team. You can no longer have a squad in FM, as is evidently permissible in the real world. How many real world clubs have three keepers and only ever play one? Entirely impossible in FM15.

In FM15 you might as well assemble 11 players and keep them fit with FMRTE.

None of this is true. Buy players on the correct squad status, with appropriate ability, and they won't complain endlessly. I have had a back-up defender for 7 seasons who has never complained once. Back-up goalie for 4 seasons, never complained once, including 2 seasons without a single appearance. Many other examples of overly patient players.

The problem in FM is it is too easy to acquire a squad full of players who all have a very good CA for the level. They will then (rightly) want to play a lot and you can't do that with all of them. The unrealistic factor is how easy it is to stockpile these players, not that they want to play.

Actually, I don't really even need a DW role. Just give me a blank template AMC/MC/DM/WM type of role that DOESN'T cut inside, that DOESN'T stay wide and cross more, that ISN'T a playmaker, that ISN'T a target man, and ISN'T a ramsdaughter, and I'll be fine. Give me a WAM role with all the options available and let me do my own thing.

And then give me a striker role that does the same thing.

Please and Thanks.

not only that i agree completely about templates (although i would bet si is thinking about it but they would unbalance the me as ai wouldn't be able to use them) I also had a great laugh with ramsdaughter :D

Just like many here there are numerous numerous bugs that need sorting since this patch has been released. Why does it take so long? This is the last year I'll ever buy the game in afraid guys

It takes a long time because it is a massive game with approaching 3,000,000 lines of code. Many bits of code are interdependent as they have to be, so a tweak in one area can impact another.

It takes a long time because it is a massive game with approaching 3,000,000 lines of code. Many bits of code are interdependent as they have to be, so a tweak in one area can impact another.

Have they even figured out where the saving time issue might be coming from?

Just like many here there are numerous numerous bugs that need sorting since this patch has been released. Why does it take so long? This is the last year I'll ever buy the game in afraid guys

Yeah, a massive misunderstanding of how development works is a great basis for purchasing decisions.

Have they even figured out where the saving time issue might be coming from?

They might have, they might not. It could be that they haven't, and when they do it'll be an "easy" fix, and be ready quickly. Or it could just as likely be that they have found it, but are struggling to fix/test it to the degree they want. Neither situation is one users will be told about. When it's ready, it'll be released.

Please let's not get into another software development discussion :( They're like pulling teeth :seagull:

It would all be over with a nice, short, sharp and sweet: "We are taking this issue with the utmost seriousness, and it will be fixed as soon as we find a solution."

But no, it seems that official statements about serious issues (that are persisting for the majority of the game's release at this point) aren't something that SI do.

They can offer a refund if they really want. At this point I'm not buying FM16 until it's demonstrated that it's patched and working like a released product, as it seems that their quality control and patching standards are slipping, which is very sad as FM has been my only first day buy (or first day preorder in many cases) for many many years.

It would all be over with a nice, short, sharp and sweet: "We are taking this issue with the utmost seriousness, and it will be fixed as soon as we find a solution."

Are you still peddling this? Did you write to them and ask to watch them working? Seems you'd get a kick out of it, given it's the only way you're satisfied that they're actually doing anything.

They can offer a refund if they really want.

They won't.

At this point I'm not buying FM16 until it's demonstrated that it's patched and working like a released product, as it seems that their quality control and patching standards are slipping, which is very sad as FM has been my only first day buy (or first day preorder in many cases) for many many years.

FM has always been full of bugs. Always. Most are mild, and unless you're looking for them, may never be noticed. Every version has had a handful of "serious" ones. Nothing has slipped, it's simply putting unrealistic expectations. If you're waiting for a product to be released that has no bugs, you'll never buy a game again. A fair enough stance to have, just seems unrealistic to me. Each to their own.

But no, it seems that official statements about serious issues (that are persisting for the majority of the game's release at this point) aren't something that SI do.

They can offer a refund if they really want. At this point I'm not buying FM16 until it's demonstrated that it's patched and working like a released product, as it seems that their quality control and patching standards are slipping, which is very sad as FM has been my only first day buy (or first day preorder in many cases) for many many years.

I've never read such hyperbole in ages :rolleyes:

SI have patched FM the same way for years and given you've been here at least since 2008 you should have grasped it by now. Whether you like it or not is tough luck and whining about it won't help you in the slightest.

Patches are ready when they are ready and not before.

Archived