2nd half performance problems

I've had this problem before on another version of FM and i'm struggling to cope with it on FM15 too so any help once again will be appreciated please..

I'm playing as Milan and after 13 games we are 2nd in the league so everything so far is going to plan,however most of my games i suffer 2nd half syndrome where my whole team goes missing and we allow the opposition to take over.

My last game for example i was away to Parma who are bottom of the league after suffering 6 straight defeats..

I was playing a 5-2-3 formation with wing backs and after just 34 minutes i was 3-0 up and coasting...i also missed a few sitters too (yep Torres) so the scoreline at halftime could have been much more comfortable.

However the 2nd half was extremely painful to watch,Parma switched from their 3-4-3 to a 4-4-2 and suddenly were overpowering me on the wings...just 15 mins into the 2nd half and it was suddenly 3-2..my players couldn't pass to each other and i couldn't create anything...my beautiful one touch passing from the first half had been replaced with kick it and run..

I ended up having to switch to a 4-1-4-1 to try and stop them destroying my wings and it worked slightly but my team kept on kicking it long even though i went short passing and retain possession...i eventually held on to win 3-2 but only just.

Parma coming on strong isn't the problem as like any team they threw everything at me in a bid to get back into the game but if anyone can throw out some tips for me on how to manage a 2nd half onslaught then please do as i'm no expert at this..

Also something which i may have done wrong was the teamtalk...my ass manager who is one of the best on the game told me to applaud my team at halftime and tell them how well they played....again i'm no expert at these or the media part of FM...but is there a chance i may have made my team big headed and very complacent?

Did i become Milan from 2005 in the Champions League final?

In away games i never compliment them when they have a lead at halftime. I always warn against complacency and tell them to stay focused. Seems to work for me. Also when im 1-0 up i always scream at them for underperfoming, unless im the far weaker side, then i tell them to stay focused.

Complimenting them often seems to do more harm than good.

FM15 is very much a game of 2 halves.

I rarely play well or indeed poorly in both halves.

Be very careful with the half time team talk, make sure you do not encourage even the slightest bit of complacency when winning.

If you've played poorly yourself a 'rocket' at half time can have dramatic results.

If you play with your opponents formation open on your screen you will often see a change after half time if they are losing, 442 become 424 for example.

In theory you should be able to sit deep and counter but in this ME its very difficult to do this effectively, certainly with the quality of teams i've tried it with. Had some success with this approach but more often than not you just end up being pinned in your own half. The other option is containing where you protect the ball and try to keep it away from your opponent, again difficult to implement against quality opposition.

My default tactic is pretty attacking, i now just leave that on and pray, sometimes they come back and equalise/win, sometimes i extend my lead. Its not a perfect solution but if they are having real go at you, have a real go back!

Thanks Mr U Rosler

My next game i was winning 1-0 at halftime so i told them not to get complacent and we did look more solid in the 2nd half and kept the ball better..

I then had Alex sent off with 20 mins to go so again it was backs to the wall,i then went with contain or whatever it is called and i held them off for the 1-0 win..

I like the idea of having a go at them if they are pinning me in,a case of attack is the best form of defence...it will be gung ho but surely not as nail biting.

Archived