Starting Again!!Unemployed After Two Seasons With Chelsea!!

TheChosenOne

Win%20the%20league2_zpsnwq9hqbr.gif

So, after this amazing season with Chelsea, I decided it was time to challenge myself having got to grips with the new Football Manager game. So shocking probably most of the world I resigned from the highly pressured Chelsea job and looked for pastures new.

03a945c4-6687-4550-8b58-753f921f8895_zps90c77ab5.jpg

Our pre-season went fairly poorly considering some of the teams that we played in the frendlies(eg Vorskia). But the actual league has gone fairly well picking up my first 3 points of the campaign in only my second game and bagging a clean sheet to go with it. We currently find ourselves in 12th (out of 16 teams) which is above any pre-season expectation that the media had of us (15th).

Transfers

The board gave us a very generous transfer budget at the start of the season evening out at about £4.5 million with £40,000 worth of wages left to spend per week aswell. All in all there was 7 players signed in the transfer window. I was able to make a lot of bargins in this transfer window with a lot of good free transfer players coming in.

2c6d898a-4f67-4c7f-b1c6-8e45576eff80_zps1c589dd2.jpg

Malik Hsissane 800K

As you can see Malik Hsissane was the first player purchased during my reign in charge and as you can see from the image he is allready worth 150K more than his fee. I needed a centre and defensive midfielder who can help support the defence and create a strong core to our team and Malik fits the job perfectly with his physical stats higher than average for this league and some good defensive stats aswell like heading and tackling. As well as that he is only 25!!

fm2014-12-0520-51-41-10_zpsebabdccf.jpg

Alphako Sylla 350K

Sylla came through the Lille youth system but failed to have an impact on the first team. He was the only striker I brought in during the transfer window as I all ready had one good enough for the league. I'm hoping that Sylla can become a vital part of our squad this season but will get replaced fairly quickly as he doesn't have good enough stats for the Champions League or title challenge.

fm2014-12-0520-51-46-87_zps62917382.jpg

Damien Da Silva 600K

Another player coming in from France this time from Caen who had just been relegated from Ligue 1. I very nearly brought in his defensive partner from Caen but couldn't free up the funds as other parts of the squad needed improving as a higher priority with two centre-backs coming in this window. Da Silva is a well rounded player for this level with high stats in marking,heading,anticipation and positioning. At 28 he still has a couple of years to improve before his peak.

fm2014-12-0520-51-53-56_zpsfeeee25c.jpg

Welton Felipe Free Transfer

Our best defender by far at the club Welton Felipe is a very good strong defensive player which is what you need to stay up. I don't know why he was a free transfer as I feel he could play at a higher level than in Russia but nevertheless I'm very happy with this bargain.

fm2014-12-0520-51-59-21_zpsa09b7c01.jpg

Edu Ramos 300K

Another bargain in Edu Ramos as he is worth over double the price we payed for him. Coming in from Albacete we know he can play with the big boys from Spain. At only 24 he is all ready a quality midfielder with good passing and work rate. He is also our free-kick and corner taker with high stats for each.

fm2014-12-0520-52-04-16_zps0f233725.jpg

Jumar Free Transfer

Jumar is another steal of a free transfer. He is in the midfield three with Ramos, Hsissane and Barboianu. He is often used as a as a defensive midfielder because he is very strong in his defensive attributes. At the grand old age of 30 he may only have a couple of seasons at this level left because, as you can see, he is declining.

fm2014-12-0520-52-09-73_zps556d5e8c.jpg

Stefan Barboianu Free Transfer

Barboianu was the last player brought in during the window. He has one international cap for Romania, which came last season, even though it was 30 minutes coming of the bench. But this shows that he is on the fringes of the international squad and a couple more good performances could make it impossible for the national side not to pick him.

Tactics

fm2014-12-0520-53-04-21_zpscb8a4131.jpg

Attacking Tactic

Although we are favourites for relagation my prefered tactic for this team is an attacking one with only three at the back. This is because with the quality almost all down the centre it kind off makes sense by only having two players offering width. It is also possession based because of the technical stats of my defense and midfielders also the longer we have the ball the less chance of conceding a goal to the opposition!!

fm2014-12-0520-53-39-36_zps51864cad.jpg

Counter-Attack Tactic

Obviously being as smaller team we needed a more defensive tactic to call upon when we need the win. This tactic offers a more direct style of play when we are defending a narrow lead or playing a top team. I won't be using this tactic alot as it isn't my prefered style of play.

Looking To The Future

With the league going really well so far I want us to keep up that from untill Christmas. If we manage that then we will most probably stay up or even finish mid-table.

Archived