Stars!

priisek

• 11 months later...

Apologies for reviving a year-old thread.

Is there a way to replace the stars with numbers?

I tried plopping some number-based icons into graphics\icons\custom\star rating\scouting but no luck. Here is where I put them:

PFAUrRi.png

I fear this is not possible in newer FMs, but this is what it looked like in the past:

04dWhwm.png

edit: credit to Surferosa for originally posting these stars: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242509-FM11-RELEASED-Replacement-Stars

Stars now go into:

Gold Stars:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\icons\custom\star rating\senior

Silver Stars:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\icons\custom\star rating\youth

However the format has changed rather than having one image for each star we have one image for a full star, one image for full possible (black) star, and one image for each combination of half/half stars, so what you have isn't possible, for example if you had '1' assigned to the one star image a two star player woud get two '1' images rather than a '2' image.

Stars now go into:

Gold Stars:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\icons\custom\star rating\senior

Silver Stars:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\icons\custom\star rating\youth

However the format has changed rather than having one image for each star we have one image for a full star, one image for full possible (black) star, and one image for each combination of half/half stars, so what you have isn't possible, for example if you had '1' assigned to the one star image a two star player woud get two '1' images rather than a '2' image.

I did this, still getting an error in the display of them, i'll look into it further, might be a cache issue for me.

I did this, still getting an error in the display of them, i'll look into it further, might be a cache issue for me.

Looks like the stars have been changed for FM16, they now use the same recolouring system as the main skin graphics (which should make recolouring awhole lot easier).

To recolour them you need to locate and change these values in the settings\settings.xml file:

<colour name="star rating senior" red="244" green="188" blue="0"/>

<colour name="star rating youth" red="183" green="188" blue="191"/>

<colour name="star rating empty" red="202" green="202" blue="202"/>

<colour name="star rating unknown" red="28" green="28" blue="29"/>

Looks like the stars have been changed for FM16, they now use the same recolouring system as the main skin graphics (which should make recolouring awhole lot easier).

To recolour them you need to locate and change these values in the settings\settings.xml file:

<colour name="star rating senior" red="244" green="188" blue="0"/>

<colour name="star rating youth" red="183" green="188" blue="191"/>

<colour name="star rating empty" red="202" green="202" blue="202"/>

<colour name="star rating unknown" red="28" green="28" blue="29"/>

Cheers Mike

Archived