Finding Players That Are BETTER Than What You Already Have?

Why is still not possible for a scout to come to you and say "this player is better than your top player in that position"???? Why can you not just give a scout this one simple instruction?

What is the point in scouts giving me 99.9% of their results when they are no better than what I have???

On the scouting screen if you ask them for a 1st team player. What do you get? Yes 99.9% of them are rated worse than you already have!

How do you find players that your scouts say are better than what you currently have?

As we're on the subject of stars...I have a few quick questions...

If my scout identifies a player as three stars, is he three stars for his position, overall as a player, three stars for my club or the league we're in?

Likewise, with the squad depth from the assistant manager are the star ratings for the team or the league?

E.g my best RB is three stars, but is this in comparison to my team or to other RB in the league?

Hope it makes sense, thank you

If you add a higher current ability than your current player to the scouting instructions (i.e 3, 4 or 5 stars) he will come back with that and only that. If you're at a good team he won't find many though.

If my scout identifies a player as three stars, is he three stars for his position, overall as a player, three stars for my club or the league we're in?

Likewise, with the squad depth from the assistant manager are the star ratings for the team or the league?

E.g my best RB is three stars, but is this in comparison to my team or to other RB in the league?

The stars are for his position, relative to your club and players. So he is 3 stars in his favorite position for your club.

Haven't really used the squad depth thingy at all, but I'm relatively sure that the stars there are the same as the assistant's coach report. In other words based on the ability of the player relative to the club's level(reputation) and squad quality.

Also wondering about this.

As far as I know, the star rating always applies to your team, and all other players' ratings are based on that.

Your 3 star fullback is a "solid, standard", maybe even "good" player compared to your other players. You normally should have at least one 4 star rated player in every team, even if the team is completely rubbish, which is more or less your benchmark. The reason why there seems to be no "5 star" player in average teams is probably to better underline the differences with other teams or other players. If your team would strike the highest benchmark already, you would have no possibility to find out if that 5-star-player from your rival is actually better or just as good as your best player.

I had always thought the star ratings were in relation to the players in your present league. However, in this version, if you hover the mouse over it, it explains that it's in relation to your club strength. That would explain why a five star potential player on your team will never be five stars if you have a mostly youth team. As he gets better, so do the other players and his relative rating drops. In my opinion, this is a super stupid way to do the star rating system. I wish I had realized this in previous versions.

I should point out that the reason I thought the star system was based on your players in relation to others in your present league is because promotion always seemed to lead to a half star to full star drop for most of your better players. I suppose this is due to players improving over the season or due to being able to sign better players after being promoted.

I should point out that the reason I thought the star system was based on your players in relation to others in your present league is because promotion always seemed to lead to a half star to full star drop for most of your better players. I suppose this is due to players improving over the season or due to being able to sign better players after being promoted.

I am pretty certain is also related to club reputation somehow.

I am pretty certain is also related to club reputation somehow.

They really should give you the option of what the comparison is, exactly. I understand scouting needs to be vague, but make the vagueness come from the difference in perceived vs actual value, not what the perceived value is relative to.

It is an unnecessary level of abstraction.

So when comparing star reports from scouts, is this in comparison to your own squad or compared to rest of the league?

...or does it compare them to the players at his CURRENT club.

E.g my Scout suggests a league rivals RB who is rated three stars.

Is that 3 stars for his current club?

For my club?

Or for a RB in the league?

I'm confused.

When you scout a player.. he is comparing to your OWN club.. never the player in question's club..

It would make a lot more sense if he compared it to others in the league at that position. Otherwise if your club is all junk players, you could scout one with a much higher rating than his actual ability.

It would make a lot more sense if he compared it to others in the league at that position. Otherwise if your club is all junk players, you could scout one with a much higher rating than his actual ability.

No, you wouldn't.

If the player you scout has an exceptional rating compared to your squad, it means he is a useful addition. If you are a Division 3 club, it does not really matter if the player you scout is a great Division 2 player or an outstanding Division 1 player - both will help you. You won't be able to sign the latter anyway.

Besides, if you only stare at the stars, you are doing something wrong in any case. Stars are an indicator. If you scout a player, you get his attributes, his weaknesses, etc. Those, together with a potential star rating, tell you enough to know if you should sign the player or not.

I find the system quite logic and very useful. I want to know where players stand in comparison to my squad. If you want a system that expresses the exact strength of all players in all leagues towards each other, you'd probably need a 200-star/points-system, which would be absolutely horrible.

If you want a system that expresses the exact strength of all players in all leagues towards each other, you'd probably need a 200-star/points-system, which would be absolutely horrible.

Might as well get the IGE or use the pre-game editor and look at all the players then if it has to come down to this :D

Archived