FM15: U.S. Sassuolo - Where talent is plentiful, but trophies are scarce

Adzke

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not bad regen there eple :D

Did Ferreyra go to Juventus in the end?

Yes, it was confirmed. He ended up scoring 13 league goals for them in the first half of the season before their manager left for Barca. The new manager changed to a lone striker tactic, and with a badly timed injury he struggled to get more games.

So the 10 goal clause was payed early, taking the transfer fee up to £55m. He still needs another 7 international caps and 32 league games for me to get the rest though. It might work out cos Juve's 1st choice striker Fierro just picked up a 3-4 month injury in pre-season. But at this point money is abundant... I just rejected a £55m offer for Jonathan Tah.

I'm about to start the 6th season. Last season was incredible with the club finally winning the CL after losing two finals and one semi final the previous years. We won the cup in extra time against Juve, playing a team of youths because the CL-final was just three days later, and we won the league 23 points ahead of Juve, finishing with 104 points and 113-24 in goal difference.

My youths are coming to the foreground now. This season I've sold 1st team players for £150m and only spent £30m. Literally swimming in money, with a transfer budget of £121m and still £1m pr week under the wage budget.

There are positions I could strengthen in, but I'm not able to get the players I want. I'm playing Mauro Icardi as the lone striker. He was brought in on the cheap to replace Ferreyra. He's doing okay, but I'd prefer someone like Gabriel Barbosa who is more suited to the F9-role, but he has no interest in joining from Monaco. I've also looked at Raheem Sterling as someone would strenghten the team, but Christian Eriksen is doing very well as an inside forward. He got 21 goals and 18 assists in 36 games last season.

Berardi has been fantastic as an inside forward too. 35 goals and 24 assists in 46 games the season before last, and last season he got 33 goals and 18 assists in 46 games. Also placed 3rd in the World Player of the Year award.

At this point for me it's just about developing talents, trying to break records and getting a new stadium, so I think I'll be tempted if a job offer comes along.

#1. Season Sassuolo

My first season in control of Sassuolo went great. I ended up ending #3 which I am very pleased with.

league_zps7419886a.jpg

Tranfers:

Transfers1_zps7eb34f2d.jpg

Quality shoppin' ! The young Vallejo (17 years old) ended up playing 27 league games. Lucas Romero won the best midtfielder in Serie A and best foreign player.

Berardi, Zaza and Sansone were my best performers as expected along with Gil Romero and Lucas Romero.

Berazazsan_zps467283c1.jpg

#2. Season Sassuolo

It's been a hell of mercato so far. I went Allin (€15.5) to capure Berardi which I did! After using my entire budget on Berardi I decided to sell Chibsah for €9,75M to get some cash to work with. I decided to get Soerensen and Pererya on a free transfers. After that I bought Ghoulam, Sisto, Wisdom and Sergi Roberto. My firstsquad was still very small (20 players) so I only needed a few backup players and I was ready to start competing in Europe and Serie A once again. Then Napoli and Monaco decided to **** all over my plans and go bananas on Simone Zaza and Sansone. Napoli made an offer for Zaza on €27 with no installments and Monaco offered me €37,5 for Sansone with no installments. Pure cash$! I decided to sell them both, crazy amount of money for a club like Sassuolo.

It's now 30 July and I have a very small first squad (18 players) missing some very important players, mostly all bargains are gone, I already bought 2 NON-Eu players.

I need rotation players and "star-quality" for my team before qualificaton for CL and Serie A stars.... It's going to be tough but I do have the money. After selling Zaza and Sansone I have a stunning budget of €56 millions!

Any suggestion for a quality inside forward left side? I really need to get a replacement for Sansone.

Thanks for good inspiration to start up with this great team.

Hi guys,

Been reading this thread and keep an eye on it over last few days. I've been awaiting for myself to get bored of my Valencia game.

Now's about that time where I think I'll start a game with Sassuolo.

Any tips will be much welcomed.

I gather that I may need a solid centre midfielder and a defender or two. The obvious being Romero & Balanta.

I do have a tendency for being domestic biased. So if anybody can recommend some cracking Italian youngsters to buy and their prices it would be appreciated.

New stadium, Adzke?

Finally. What year are you in and what's your bank balance?

I had somewhere near €200M in the bank. Sassuolo Stadium will be a 52522 capacity all seater - really looking forward to moving in :)

Elsewhere, City have made an offer of €103M for Bazzocchi. That would make him the world's most expensive player at 20 years of age. I'm pretty torn about what to do, but I gather I'll end up accepting it.

BDpZPXp.png

Gmy4yHg.png

Before the new season (20/21), I am switching to the 4-3-1-2 tactic. I have an abundance of central midfielders, and I have no real wingers in the squad pushing for playing time right now.

As of now, I think it'll look something like this, but I am not entirely sure about the roles.

The plan is for my wingbacks to provide the width and for the central midfielders to terrorise my opponents with vertical runs.

Has anybody else gone with this formation full time?

MBnfe0y.png

Near the end of the third season, 2 games to go and in first place, 4 points ahead of Juve.

The new chairman has just announced the budgets for next season, the club was taken over by a tycoon so I have been interested to see what sort of money I would be given having worked with very little these 3 seasons.

The wage budget was 700k and it has now been put up to 1.9M and the transfer budget is 60M, should be able to do a lot of damage with that sort of money.

The only worry is keeping interested in the save, CL football will bring extra interest but winning the league(hopefully)with the money I had before and now getting so much money to improve the squad the league might be a little to easy now.

I would have accepted it tbf :D 103M is alot.

What skin you using there Adzke?

Bazzocchi has been averaging 8.65 through my first two league games. I'm glad I didn't sell him. I've had him since he was 17 years old. He's my third choice as captain as well.

Started a new save with the new patch update and decided to start as Sassuolo.

Impressed with the quality of players already at the club, a real basis in which to take the club forwards with the players in the first team squad. Looking forward to getting into this save even more now!

Lucas Romero will pretty much dominate the midfield all season long if you get him start of first season.

Won all the major individual awards for me and chipped in with 6 goals which is impressive for a DMC playing as a Half-Back. Average Rating of 7.82 over the season - highest in the squad above Berardi, Sansone, Zaza (all scored over 20 goals) and Balanta (7.60 Avg Rating, 7 goals).

Can't recommend highly enough!

Busy first summer for my Sassuolo team guys:

Transfers_TransferHistory_zps8f8bd95d.png

Had to fill the squad out. Tried to go along with Italian bias with the odd South American with the exception of Bakkali.

At the start of season one I signed Balanta & Romero. Picked up Bernardeschi, Bonazzoli, Romagna, A.Traore & Lazzari on loan.

Insigne for £7m! Damn, that's a sweet deal!

Yeah couldn't quite believe it myself. Selling Sansone for £16m gave me chance to sign 2 first team players. Napoli seemed to have bought several midfielders/wingers and were struggling with unhappiness.

My starting 11 at the start of season 2 is: Consigli, Darmian, Munoz, Balanta, Murru, Romero, Chibsah, Pereyra, Berardi, Insigne, Zaza.

Very strong team now.

Busy first summer for my Sassuolo team guys:

Transfers_TransferHistory_zps8f8bd95d.png

Had to fill the squad out. Tried to go along with Italian bias with the odd South American with the exception of Bakkali.

At the start of season one I signed Balanta & Romero. Picked up Bernardeschi, Bonazzoli, Romagna, A.Traore & Lazzari on loan.

You'll be happy you bought Muñoz. He was a very steady player for me before I sold him off to Chelsea for €22,5M.

So after reading this thread I was really inspired and decided to start a save with Sassuolo. What a save its been!

To start off, here are my transfers for the season. Mind you, a lot of it was done over 48 months which explains how I could spend so much.

transfers_zpsad51b816.png

Most of the signings have been great and worth their money for sure. The season started off amazingly, and still is. I was having a perfect season until Juventus away came along and we were thrashed 4-0.

schedule_zps9915834e.png

The table is looking great like this. Although I kinda don't want to win the title from the first season...

Table_zps8254c63a.png

Yeah it seems that way. Other than the Juventus and Napoli games I pretty much outplayed everybody.

In my save, Roma is down the gutter. They are struggling to stay in the Serie A and have been doing so for a couple of seasons. Some decline.

couple seasons into a swansea game but bored of the EPL after doing that for the last couple versions

think Sassuolo will prise me away :)

It is a great save with loads of potential for a good longterm game. Let us know how you are doing :)

So Sassuolo are my 'create a powerhouse' team for this version of FM, I tried them as a similar save in a previous FM but didnt get very far, this one I'll try to stay for the long haul.

So half way through season 1, INs are Balanta and Tielemans. Sitting 6th and looks like I'll be battling out for the Europa spots, no way I'm catching Juve, Napoli and Roma this season. Zaza has been great with 16 in 15, Sansone impresses as IF(A) on the left and though Berardi has a bunch of assists, he struggles to finish on mine. I''m playing an 4-3-3 with the front three set up as IF(A), CF(A) and F9.

Going to try to get one of GG Romero, Lucas Romero or Kranevitter in Jan and in the long run try to get the young Italian talent and keep a solid Italian base. In line with that I'll keep Berardi too after this season.

Only gone and jumped on the bandwagon haven't i. Any advice welcome, although i have read this entire thread so should be up to scratch. 1 thing i would like to know is if i play Berardi AMR should he be an inside forward or winger?

So Sassuolo are my 'create a powerhouse' team for this version of FM, I tried them as a similar save in a previous FM but didnt get very far, this one I'll try to stay for the long haul.

So half way through season 1, INs are Balanta and Tielemans. Sitting 6th and looks like I'll be battling out for the Europa spots, no way I'm catching Juve, Napoli and Roma this season. Zaza has been great with 16 in 15, Sansone impresses as IF(A) on the left and though Berardi has a bunch of assists, he struggles to finish on mine. I''m playing an 4-3-3 with the front three set up as IF(A), CF(A) and F9.

Going to try to get one of GG Romero, Lucas Romero or Kranevitter in Jan and in the long run try to get the young Italian talent and keep a solid Italian base. In line with that I'll keep Berardi too after this season.

HJns22W.jpg

Season ended with 4th, Champs league spot was up for grabs on the final day but it was always Roma's to lose. Ins as above but Lucas Romero came in Jan and slotted in perfectly.

As you can see I was pretty much carried by my attacking trio, with Berardi finding his shooting boots after I said he couldnt finish chances finishing equal fourth in league goals with 22, he scored 9 goals in Jan alone.

Zaza lead the league in goals, assists and avg rating but lost POTY to Tevez, though he did play more games cause Tevez was out for over a month with an injury, but still... He did win fair play player of the year with no cards and the golden boot for all leagues (cant remember what its called) Sansone won fans POTY and Berardi Media's Italian POTY.

Berardi and Zaza were my 'SAS' (being a Liverpool supporter) and I love what they did together.

Minor Spoiler

Jumped ahead through time for the bidding over Berardi and even though I put my whole transfer budget in I was still outbid by around 10m euro's so he's off to Juve, I only get 60% of the money as well cause of debt. I plan on buying him back as soon as possible but my dreams of Champs league qualification may have to wait another year. Dont know who to bring in to replace him but thinking about moving Sansone upfront.

Plans for next year are to solidify my status as a Euro Cup team whilst developing my young talent, already have Savitsky coming in on a free and plan on picking up as much young Italian talent as possible with my transfer funds. (Around 25m euro after 'sales') looking at Romagnoli, Romagna, Castellano, Valzania but Scuffet looks too expensive. Bonazzoli doesnt fit my game plan. Any other recommendations?

Only gone and jumped on the bandwagon haven't i. Any advice welcome, although i have read this entire thread so should be up to scratch. 1 thing i would like to know is if i play Berardi AMR should he be an inside forward or winger?

Did you figure it out, mate? I'd definitly be using him as an IF. His too good infront of goal to be used as a winger.

Minor Spoiler

Jumped ahead through time for the bidding over Berardi and even though I put my whole transfer budget in I was still outbid by around 10m euro's so he's off to Juve, I only get 60% of the money as well cause of debt. I plan on buying him back as soon as possible but my dreams of Champs league qualification may have to wait another year. Dont know who to bring in to replace him but thinking about moving Sansone upfront.

Plans for next year are to solidify my status as a Euro Cup team whilst developing my young talent, already have Savitsky coming in on a free and plan on picking up as much young Italian talent as possible with my transfer funds. (Around 25m euro after 'sales') looking at Romagnoli, Romagna, Castellano, Valzania but Scuffet looks too expensive. Bonazzoli doesnt fit my game plan. Any other recommendations?

What did you get for Berardi? I lost him as well, but managed to get on without him. He's pretty much a world class player on my save.

I picked up Ezequiel Muñoz and Luis Muriel in my second season. Also got Roberto Pereyra on a free. I don't know if that glitch has been fixed, though.

What did you get for Berardi? I lost him as well, but managed to get on without him. He's pretty much a world class player on my save.

I picked up Ezequiel Muñoz and Luis Muriel in my second season. Also got Roberto Pereyra on a free. I don't know if that glitch has been fixed, though.

Pretty sure it was 24m pounds. Hopefully he'll want to come back next season, struggling a bit to find a replacement false 9, not many who can both finish and pick out a decent pass, Leandro Barbosa looks great but already filled my non-eu quota, alternative for next season if he's still available and I cant get Berardi.

So early Jan in season two and sitting 4th but equal points with 7th and only 3 points off top (7 teams with points from 40-37). Finished top of my euro cup group and have besiktas inthe first knockout round. All my Berardi money went back to juve as I bought both their quality young defenders in Rugani and Romagna. Savitsky and Leali came in on frees and I also brought in Gil Romero and Zivkovic (from Ajax as my Berardi replacement)

Bedding in Zivkovic slowly and he's scoring and assisting, Savitsky has been great, made him undroppable and left IF(A) is mostly his. Due to these two reasons Sansone has been playing F9 though he's pretty average at it. Zaza hasn't been as good as last term but is now captain and scores more in bursts than consistently, think he's missing Berardi.

Speaking of Berardi, hes had a few small bust ups about playing time with Allegri but with Tevez out for several weeks, broken toe, he's getting enough games to make him happy. Still going to try to convince him to rejoin us, maybe even this transfer window.

Balanta and Romero are also starting to whine as bigger teams start sniffing around, had to promise to 'accept offers but only if they match my valuation' otherwise they wouldnt back down, Zaza, Sansone, Consigli and Vrsaljko are also attracting interest.

Aim for this season is to get Euro cup again because I'm in a mini rebuild with my youngsters settling in though Champs league would be greatbut I can see myself being battered by the like of Bayern, Real, Barca, Citeh and Chelsea.

When I did my actual transfers, Juve only bid 21.5m pound when during my skip ahead in time they bid 24m pound.

Gabbiadini is the perfect false 9. Amazing in my milan save

He's still at Sampdoria and having a great season, just scored a hattrick against me but two of the goals were in injury time as I was chasing the game. I was a bit put off because I'm a huge attribute whore and his aren't the greatest, though playing my Sassuolo save where Zaza and Sansone have done great for me without looking like world beaters has changed my opinion a touch. Also drew Frosinone in the Italian cup.

So Juve are willing to sell me back Berardi in Jan for 32.5m pounds. Berardi is happy to rejoin after a little convincing but I'll have to double current his wage (to 70k odd) meaning he'll make more than double my highest paid player (Romero)

Probably going to do it...

So Juve are willing to sell me back Berardi in Jan for 32.5m pounds. Berardi is happy to rejoin after a little convincing but I'll have to double current his wage (to 70k odd) meaning he'll make more than double my highest paid player (Romero)

Probably going to do it...

In my save he is the captain of Juventus and one of the best non-regen strikers in the game. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

Hi all

After reading all 248 posts I've decided to start a save with Sassuolo. Would be grateful for any advice and/or suggestions that would give myself a boost (mainly tactics and transfers)

Thanks

There are some advice in the posts you've read already. Are you thinking about anything in specific, mate?

Archived