[FM15] 4231 Wide. Any thoughts on this tactic I created?

Hi, I have been using this tactic with my Arsenal team with mixed results. I want to improve on this tactic and I was wondering if the community could give me some ideas on improving this tactic.

4231 Wide, Control, Flexible

LB - Fullback (S)

CB - Limited Defender (D)

CB - Limited Defender (D)

RB - Fullback (S)

MCL - Deep Lying Playmaker (D)

MCR - Ball Winning Midfielder (D)

AML - Inside Forward (A)

AMC - Advanced Playmaker (A)

AMR - Winger (A)

ST - Complete Forward (S)

I add Team Instructions (Retain Possesion, Play Out Of Defence, Work Ball Into Box, and Push Higher Up) depending on situation/opponent. Usually I push higher up when at home or against a smaller team and use the Retain Possesion, Play Out Of Defence and Work Ball Into Box when I am not doing well or playing away.

I have both my MC's on (D) because I always get feedback from my Assistant Manager that the gap between midfield and defense is too big. I initially had my MCL as Deep Lying Playmaker (S) but my Assistant kept giving me that feedback in game. I would love some input on that problem too if anyone knows how to solve it.

I have awesome results with the following

GK distribute to FB, short passing

LB FB Support

CB Defend

CB covering

RB WB attack

MCL BBM support

MCR DLP Defend

LW Inside forward Attack - sit norrow

AMC Advanced Playmaker Support

RW winger support , close down, float crosses

Striker Advanced Striker attack

The idea is to have every line complement the others with a mix of attacking, defending and supporting roles while covering other lines doing the same... Makes sense?

I have everyone on shoot less

My instructions are

Counter

Short pass

Pass to space

Work to box

Push up or down depending on the game

More expressive or less depending on the game

I have no idea why you'd use limited defenders as a technically competent premier league team. They look for the "safety first" option a lot of the time, and this is likely to see you readily lose possession.

The midfield is deep and disconnected from the front five; ignore the AssMan and watch matches to see if it's really an issue.

Agree with RTH - your defence offers virtually no semblance of building possession. Your left flank lacks any width, and there play looks disconnected. You need to get a central midfielder offering an outlet/option in the final third (a BBM, CM(S), RP(S) etc are all good options). You need to get your left full back forward much more to link up down the left flank. Your central defenders should be central defender roles as these are the roles that play simple distribution and keep the ball.

Thank you for the feedback. Should I use wingback on support instead of fullback on support on the left side? Also in the midfield, would Deep Lying Playmaker be a good option to provide support in the final third? I chose to have attack duty on all three of my AML, AMC and AMR because they are all really good players (Sanchez, Ozil and Walcott) and I wanted to make use of these three players. Not sure if having all three with attack would be a cause concern.

A Wing Back (Support) would offer more width yes. DLP does not provide much support in the final third - the key part being a deep lying playmaker. If your Attacking Midfielders are on attack duties, then you need a support duty up front to balance for it.

A Wing Back (Support) would offer more width yes. DLP does not provide much support in the final third - the key part being a deep lying playmaker. If your Attacking Midfielders are on attack duties, then you need a support duty up front to balance for it.

That is actually the reason I have my striker with a support duty. Basically I expect him to hold up the ball and bring the AM's into play. Should I change ST to attack and AMC to support?

;9990114']That is actually the reason I have my striker with a support duty. Basically I expect him to hold up the ball and bring the AM's into play. Should I change ST to attack and AMC to support?

No reason why you have to choose either way to be honest. Try both, choose which works best.

Archived