EPL Challenge (The Ultimate Premier League Experience)

28th August 2010

Man Utd – West Ham 1-6

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! They say there are no better feeling than being at The Theater of Dreams, but for Pagi it could all turn into one long nightmare.

30th August 2010

Nicolàs Burdisso – DC - £8.25M from Reggina: Thor has always been a keen admirer of Argentinean defenders. His latest acquisition should fit in well with the group and add some much needed experience at the back.

1st September 2010

Thor won the first Manager of the Month award, having led his team to 4 victories in 5 games. There was also a Young Player of the Month award for the boy with the magic touch, Clàudio.

11th September 2010

West Ham – Chelsea 2-1

Chelsea needed to be taught a lesson, and boy, were the ever. West Ham are now top of the league. A prophetic Thor afterwards delivered a clear message to his rookie adversary: your time is up, my time is now!

18th September 2010

Fulham – West Ham 1-1

West Ham should have taken 3 points when in the 89th minute Andrès D’Alessandro’s goal was wrongfully disallowed for offside.

22th September 2010

West Ham – Stoke 0-0 (1-3 pen)

Thor rested 8 of his first eleven for this match, claiming his squad doesn’t yet have the depth to compete in all competitions. His team should now be fully focused on finishing as high up in the league as possible, with some of the Hammers fans already talking about Champions League football next season!

25th September 2010

West Ham – Everton 1-0

Mo had a few fancy ideas on how to stop sexy football, but in the end it was another home victory. Everton performing way better than their current league position indicate.

2nd October 2010

Liverpool 6

Evandro Roncatto 17, 50

John Arne Riise pen 19

Djibril Cissè 32, 52

Gianpalo Pazzini pen 75

West Ham 4

Andrès D’Alessandro 3, 83

Alessio Cerci 13, 21

What a game! Both teams played wonderful free-flowing football in what was said to be the best Premiership game in years. West Ham should perhaps have gone a bit more defensive in their formation once they were 2-0 up after just 13 minutes. In the end it was the devastating pace of Djibril Cissè that unlocked the West Ham defense in a deserving, albeit unconvincing, home win.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RichardLiggins.jpg

Situations conspiring against Boro

Firstly the UEFA Cup group stages were reached with ease. After a 5-0 away win in the first leg against Lokomotiv Plovdiv, in which Yakubu bagged a hatrick, he went 1 better in the second leg, scoring all four in the 4-0 victory. Stewart Downing got all four assists in the second leg, giving the 9-0 aggregate score an even sweeter feel.

In the league, however, things haven't been going as well. The local derby away at Newcastle summed up the season so far. 5 minutes in, Delgado intercepted a Zuiverloon pass and lobbed Grohe from 50 yards. A freak goal that just couldn't be legislated for. 20 minutes in, Rodrigo Dias picked up his second yellow card, both nothing incidents really. Despite being down to 10 men, Boro were always in the game and in fact edged it over the 90 minutes. However the final score certainly didn't tell the whole story. Newcastle 3-0 Boro

Next up were Spurs at home. 5 minutes in and I see Grohe have the first chance of the game. Hang on, Grohe? Isn't he my keeper? A quick click on the tactics button shows, to my surprise, Grohe playing up front. Not only that, everyone on my team sheet has been shifted up one place, as my selected goalie, Vito Mannone, has gone missing. Luckily Grohe was selected as the 1st sub, so was in the team, and I managed to re-position everyone where they should be (although right back Zuiverloon was still wearing the goalies shirt when playing at right back) and get on with the game. After 10 minutes Downing curled home a free kick, so the crisis had been averted. That was until the start of the second half, when keeper Grohe picked up an injury and went down to 45% fitness. Of course with Mannone AWOL I couldn't sub him, so when two soft Spurs shots went in I wasn't best pleased. I believe "risable coding" is the phrase I'm looking for. Boro 1-2 Spurs

To sum up my bad luck, my next league game, against whipping boys Wigan, was made all the more difficult as they'd announced they had a new boss, rookie Arthur O'Shea, in charge for the game. Fortunately the new boss didn't seem to be having any effect as Yakubu and Soares put us to up inside 20 minutes. However the teams went into the break all square, as Wigan scored twice in the last 5 minutes of the half. The second half was still fairly even, but with Boro concentrating more down the wings against Wigan's 3 centre backs, they started to have the better chances, and markus Rosenberg duely dispatched one of those chances. A well earned three pints. Wigan 2-3 Boro

Hopefully I've had all the bad luck I'm gonna get this season, and the midweek game in hand at home to Charlton will see us join back up with the main pack.

Up the Boro icon14.gif

NiallMurphy.jpg

Liverpool top of the league

We had a realtively easy start to the campaign with Norwich, West Brom and Charlton easily despatched before a tougher test against a rejuvinated Spurs side. Despite this, a victory was registered and a 4-0 hammering of Newcastle gave us a maximum 15 points from 15. Rosenborg were also despatched as we entered the Champions League Group Stage alongside Barcelona, Benfica and Celtic. Then there was the hiccup...

At home to Wigan I gaev £23m goalkeeper Akineev his debut despite the fact that he was lacking match fitness as I was ecpecting an easy three points. All seemed to be gointo plan when Pazzini gave an injury ravaged Liverpool the lead, but just before half time a goalkeeping error from the Russian allowed Wigan to equalise. In the second half Wigan managed to neutralise us despite several shifts in tactical approach until the 90th minute, when Buffel managed to sneak in and lift the ball over the poorly positioned Akineev to stun Anfield. After this we travelled to old rivals Man Utd, where Pagi's lads were starting to put a run togehter. Despite dominating the opening half hour, we were hit on the break by the majestic Rooney just before HT. Pagi's lads added a second goal to put the game beyond us through Rooney again, and as we chased the game, possibly coul dhave added another. Overall, we were worth a point but just couldn't cope with Rooney or put away one of several good chances.

Then it was off to Barcelona, venues Thor can only dream of playing at, where the trusty 4-5-1 put the skids on Barca, as Cisse proved once again he's the man for the big occasion by grabbing a lovel brace. We followed this up with a 2-0 win over Benfica to top the group after 2 played.

Back to the Premiership, and as I scooted off to watch the apprentice, the assistant manager oversaw a 2-0 win over Fulham before title pretneders West Ham travelled to Anfield.

Before the game, Thor had informed me that after taking the scalps of Man Utd and Chelsea that my head was next on the chopping block. Such statements only serve to motivate and it was time to put the Norweigan in his place. Back below Murphy and Liverpool. Despite this, the Hammers had an inspired start to the game when their first two efforts on goal went in to leave us chasing the game after 13 minutes. A quick tactical rethink was needed as West Ham like to exploit space left by fullbacks and absent wingers, so matching his system saw Liverpool quicly turn it around by 19 minutes to 2-2! Game on and West Ham were rattled, their dodgy back line leaving two defenders at most times, a bad choice of tactic against the quality of Roncatto and Cisse.

Amazingly though, West Ham managed to go ahead again by 3-2 on the 21st minute as everything they hit just seemed to find a way into the net. But Liverpool showed their quality to then respond by ratting 4 goals into the West Ham net to lead 6-3. With 15 mins remaining Liverpool took off a few key players and allowed West Ham a 4th, a cracking shot from distance by D'Alessandro. Overall though, a comfortable win in an awesome second half performance, once we had got the measure of the newcomers tactical approach.

So Liverpool round off the night in first place. At the minute it looks very likely to be another Liverpool and Chelsea battle for the title with West Ham not having the necessary quality in my view to challenge just yet, though they may surprise by grabbing a coveted Champions League place. Still a long way to go.

SteveDiproseIII.jpg

2010-2011 Preview

Transfer activity was quite limited over the summer and pre-season, with a kitty of only £1.7m not quite enough to bring in a few targets. My scouts have been working round the clock finding new talent, and there are several excellent-looking English prospects that I can’t quite afford yet – either a January Sale or promotion should provide the funds required, the latter being the preferred option.

First Team

GK: Gino Mommers

DL: Abdelaziz Kamara

DC: Steven Watt

DC: Edgar Martínez

DR: Ibrahim Kargbo

ML: Julio Arca

MC: Custódio

MC: Francisco Javier Fernandez

MR: Liam Lawrence

FC: Jefferson Farfán

FC: Sergio Agüero

S1: Júlio César (GK)

S2: Alexander Smith (DC)

S3: Dean Whitehead (MRC)

S4: André Ohlsson (FC)

S5: David Smith (AMLC)

Training

I oversaw a training upheaval over the summer, with no fewer than eight coaches sent packing. The unpopular Ian Evans did not have his contract renewed, and a new Assistant Manager was brought in. The change in training assignments has had a very noticeable effect on the squads training levels, and the following players have shown the best improvements.

Henri Saivet – Henri showed great promise when I signed him a few seasons ago, but had so far failed to come along as well as I had expected. However, over the summer, he has begun to turn into a first class striker, and is now above Oscar Trejo in the pecking order.

Alexander Smith – Alex also took a while to settle in. He has had a number of loan spells, but since breaking into the first team has turned into an excellent defender, and is surely destined for the England squad.

Jefferson Farfán – He already looked a great player, but has worked really hard over the summer and is back even better than before.

Lucas Rocha – Rocha is, like Alex Smith, turning into an excellent defender. He has not showed the reliability to have earned a first team place yet, but I’m sure he will do soon.

Júlio César – Júlio has not stopped improving since he arrived here from São Paulo a season ago, and doesn’t look like stopping any time soon.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Shrewsbury 2 – 4 Sunderland

Gretna 0 – 3 Sunderland

St. Mirren 1 – 4 Sunderland

Stranraer 0 – 2 Sunderland

Torquay 1 – 1 Sunderland

Peterborough 0 – 0 Sunderland

The fixtures were a good test for us, and we did well on the whole. Aguero and Farfan looked particularly dangerous, but the worrying news was the injuries to Ohlsson and Custodio, as well as to Fernandez in the U19 World Championships.

Getting down to business…

We had some problems with injuries in the starting XI at the start of the season, with Custódio, Francisco Javier Fernandez, André Ohlsson and Jefferson Farfán all set to miss the opening month or so. This left the squad thin in the middle and up front, and meant the start to our campaign was average to say the least.

7th August 2010, 15:00

Sunderland 0

Sheffield Utd 0

It was a promising start to the season, with Aguero, Lawrence, Trejo and Arca all stepping up to test United’s keeper, but debutant David Smith’s freekick went closest, hitting the outside of the post. The pressure piled up, but Paddy Kenny held firm and was Man of the Match as the Blades stole a point.

10th August 2010, 19:30

Crystal Palace 3

Brown pen. 23

Shiels 77, 83

Sunderland 3

Farfan 38, 54, 62

We started the better side, but some abysmal finishing from Aguero kept Palace in the game. Watt took out Brown in the area, and Brown himself tucked the penalty away to give Palace the lead. Aguero pulled the ball back across goal from the byline after a good run down the right, for Farfan to smash in the equaliser. Farfan’s second came after a great interception by Arca, who then played him in, to finish by sliding the ball calmly under the keeper; minutes later Farfan’s hat-trick was complete after a great team move, as Martinez passed forwards to Whitehead, who laid off Lawrence, who clipped a ball over the top for Farfan to run onto and flick past the keeper. However Palace didn’t give up, and Dean Shiels scored two late and very opportunistic goals to level the match. It was unfair on us, and we should’ve had the points but a late Farfan winner was disallowed for Brown being offside, although he wasn’t in play! That’s football I guess.

14th August 2010, 15:00

Sunderland 2

Lawrence pen. 28

Saivet 35

Plymouth 2

Gallagher 22

Taylor 40

Plymouth were playing very much on the counter-attack today, and opened the scoring when a long ball went through to Taylor on the left of the area, who crossed for Gallagher to tap in. Lawrence was pulled down in the area following a free kick, and he tucked it away for 1-1. Saivet gave us the lead soon after, as Kargbo knocked in a good ball for him to latch onto and drive into the corner of the net, but Taylor levelled matters as a flick-on worked its way to Taylor, who scored on the turn. The rest of the match went past quite slowly, our finishing was not up to scratch and we got a third consecutive draw. Grrrrrr.

21st August 2010, 15:00

Crewe 1

Zahirovic 48

Sunderland 3

Martinez 9

Saivet 12

Arca 17

We came flying out of the blocks, as Martinez headed in a Markel corner, Saivet slid home after a nice through ball from Whitehead, and Arca headed in a deep Kargbo cross to put the game beyond Crewe within 20 minutes. I was quite disappointed that we didn’t score a few more, as there were good chances, but the only other goal was a consolation for Crewe by Zahirovic, scoring just minutes into the second half.

League Cup First Round

25th August 2010, 19:45

Sunderland 1

Fitzgerald o.g. 80

Huddersfield 2

Worthington 10

Talbot 47

Huddersfield thoroughly deserved this win, as a number of regulars were rested today. The League Cup is unimportant to me this year; I would much rather concentrate on the league and on promotion. However, when the FA Cup comes about, we will be more serious.

28th August 2010, 19:45

Sunderland 2

Lawrence pen. 64

Saivet 78

Reading 0

A Reading side lacking in confidence put up a good fight tonight, and in all honesty were very frustrating. We had numerous chances, through Trejo and Markel, but it was left to Lawrence to open the scoring from the spot, after Arca was bundled over as he charged into the area. After this Reading looked weaker, but it took a magic second goal to increase our lead. Dean Whitehead received the ball on halfway, before embarking on a brilliant and mazy run through the defence. He drew the keeper out to the right, before passing across the area to the free Saivet, who simply couldn’t miss. A solid performance and three points in the bag icon_smile.gif.

30th August 2010, 19:45

Leeds 1

Lombaerts 28

Sunderland 4

Aguero 10

Arca 40

Saivet 55

Lawrence 59

Leeds were the favourites for this tie before the game, but looked very sub-standard for much of the game. Arca sent a ball infield to Markel, who threaded a perfectly weighted ball into the area, for Aguero to blast into the corner. Aguero was looking lively, and sent a 25 yard shot fizzing just over. Lawrence should have doubled the lead after a long and deep Kamara cross was controlled and laid off by Fernandez, but Lawrence’s shot arrowed wide through a packed six yard box. Lombaerts scored a lovely free kick to equalise, before Arca bettered that effort ten minutes later with a free kick of his own to restore our lead. Our confidence was high in the second half, and we increased our lead following a great diagonal cross-field ball from Kargbo to Arca, who passed to Aguero, a gentle flick-on putting in Saivet, who buried it on the half-volley. Minutes later, Lawrence made up for his earlier miss, curling in a delightful shot from 25 yards. The rout was complete as we sat back and easily held on for the win. The board was very happy, and we’re beginning to get some momentum now. Steven Watt was named Player of the Month and I was second in the Manager of the Month, and we are beginning to show some class.

Games Missed in September due to Stupid Uni Internet:

Cardiff 1 – 1 Sunderland

Sunderland 3 – 0 Southampton

Sunderland 3 – 1 Oxford

Stoke 1 – 2 Sunderland

Sunderland 1 – 2 Leicester

2nd October 2010, 15:00

Sheffield Wednesday 1

Maclean 55

Sunderland 3

Watt 5

Lawrence pen. 39

Farfan 89

We were the best side throughout this match, and from the off. Aguero set the tone by beautifully flicking a header on for Arca to run onto and into the area, but his shot was well saved. Aguero did well to earn a free kick to the left of the area soon after this; Fernandez drifted the ball in, and Watt got his head to the ball and glanced it powerfully past the keeper. Our lead was doubled before half time, as Boucansaud felled Ohlsson just inside the area, and Lawrence tucked the penalty home. That man is looking lethal from the spot so far this season! Maclean got a lucky break after a deflection, but he did well to hold off Martinez and finish past Mommers. As Wednesday looked for the equaliser, we got more of a foothold on the game, breaking at will, and we finally secured the three points after a quality diagonal ball over the top from Kargbo, that Farfan ran onto. He drew the keeper out to the right slightly, before reversing the ball into the opposite corner, a great move all round. The board was very pleased with this win, and it saw us rise to the top of the table for the first time, albeit on goal difference, as Leicester could only muster a draw with Coventry.

RichardLiggins.jpg

Things just aren't quite going our way so far this season.

In the league we had our game in hand at home to Charlton. A regulation home win against a poor Charlton side. Boro 2-0 Charlton

Next up were the improving Man Utd, under the guidance of Pagi II. There was not much between the two sides apart from a bit of luck. Man Ure's 1st goal had a touch of controversy about it, as the ball looked to have gone out for a throw in in the build up, and then a dubious penalty decision gave Rooney the chance to give them the lead. Boro 0-2 Man Utd

The UEFA Cup group stage was next up, a trip to Bulgaria to face Levski Sofia. We dominated throughout and got off to the perfect start to our group. Sofia 0-3 Boro

3 days later, after the long flight home, our location was London and Craven Cottage. Again it was a confident performance and all the signs were there that we were startng to turn our season around. Fulham 1-3 Boro

The League Cup was a good oportunity to field some of the players on the fringes of the first team, and despite playing 70 minutes with only 10 men, Championship side Blackburn were easily dispatched. Boro 2-0 Blackburn

Finally, Championship challengers Liverpool visited the Riverside. In wat was a close game, the superior quality of the Liverpool side was the decisive factor, as they took their chances, Boro did not. Boro 0-3 Liverpool

After 12 league games, W5 D1 L6 is a disappointing return. With the league even more competitive this season, it will be hard for Boro to regain their top 4 status. And with the assistant in charge of the next 5-6 games, what I return to might be an even bleaker situation

SteveDiproseIII.jpg

Looking good...

October was set to be rather busy, with five games in a two-week period following the International break. However, we were victim to a number of re-scheduled games, meaning it was in fact quite an easy-going and relaxing month, and saw the squads morale and fitness levels peak. icon_smile.gif

20th October 2010, 19:30

QPR 1

Shittu 89

Sunderland 2

Ohlsson 59, 60

This game was ridiculously boring, but exploded into life on the hour, as Lucas Rocha worked the ball into the area, Aguero’s shot being parried to the feet of Ohlsson, who buried it. Less than a minute later, Farfan was sent down the left by Arca. He raced to the byline, before planting a cross onto the unmarked Ohlsson’s head for the second goal. Custodio had a goal ruled out for offside on 88 minutes, and the free kick from that saw Danny Shittu sent down the middle, and his swerving shot just evaded the outstretched Mommers and into the bottom left. QPR instantly came out for the leveller, but we comfortably held them off.

23rd October 2010, 15:00

Lincoln City 2

Braun 13

Asamoah 45+3

Sunderland 3

Arca 9

Farfan 21, 33

Julio Arca banged a wonderful 25-yard free kick into the top right to give us the lead in a match for which I saw no real threat, but I was proved wrong as Braun let loose a 30 yard screamer that curled past the motionless Mommers. Our lead was easily restored minutes later, as Aguero received the ball on the intersection between the right touchline and the halfway line; he curled a ball into Farfan’s feet, 25 yards out, and he then darted between the two central defenders before finishing with a wonderfully placed shot into the top right. Farfan grabbed his second after some good work down the left. Fernandez drew in two players before playing Arca into the vacant space, and his short pass to Farfan resulted in a thunderbolt diagonally across the area and into the top right: beauuuuuuuuutiful! We looked to be on cruise control, but deep into first half injury time, Lincoln grabbed another goal as Asamoah this time belted past Mommers. There were no more goals in the second half, although Aguero, Whitehead, Custodio and Farfan all tested the keeper.

30th October 2010, 15:00

Sunderland

Ohlsson 51

Farfan 88

Preston 0

How we only scored two goals today, God only knows. We pummelled the Preston goal from the off, and from all over the pitch. An Ohlsson header, a Fernandez piledriver, a Farfan lob, and Arca free kick were all saved inside 25 minutes, and numerous other efforts were dealt with. Somehow at 0-0 at the break, we came out in a similar style, and this time we got the breakthrough. Liam Lawrence weaved his way down the right, before swinging in a near post cross. Ohlsson got a glancing header into the near post, the keeper was only able to help it over the line such was the power. Preston were pushing for the equaliser, and we broke away at the death, Aguero slipping Whitehead down the right and into the area, before pulling the ball across the six yard box for Farfan to bury it and secure us another three points.

October was good for us; I was second in the Manager of the Month, and Fernandez and Ohlsson were first and second respectively in the Young Player of the Month Award.

These three wins leave us sitting pretty atop the Championship table by a point, with a superior goal difference and a game in hand.

“EASY!! EASY!!†cry the Sunderland fans icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmmYouEffSee:

<STRIKE> Sesh Tonight lads? Some are up for it - check the forums dudes</STRIKE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scrap that! All back on for Tuesday's sesh icon14.gif

RichardLiggins.jpg

League form a worry for Boro

Things hadn't been going so well in the league. The assistant took charge of a 2-0 home win over Wolves and a 1-0 defeat at Birmingham, before I was back in charge for the visit of high flying West Ham. With Thor having caused a stir with his fast flowing, attacking football, this was going to be a difficult game, But in thurth, Boro deserved the win; Mbesuma fired us into a 1st half lead, but the Hammers, who'd lost Claudio to 2 yellow cards, broke away in the latter stages to equalise. Boro 1-1 West Ham

Things didn't get any better in the next game away at bottom of the league Portsmouth. The home side took an early lead through McSheffery, and despite hammering Pompey for the next 88 minutes, we just couldn't score. As so often this season, a match that should've been won slipped away. Portsmouth 1-0 Boro

This form continued in the UEFA Cup, with a 0-0 draw at home to Young Boys, despite dominating throughout. In the League Cup it was a similar story, Championship side Southampton beaten 2-0 only after 2 goals in the 2nd period of extra time.

High flying Arsenal were the next team to the Riverside, in a crucial game for Boro. It started badly, Defoe scoring after 14 seconds, but young John Bradley scored on his league debut. After Defoe got his second, Bradley followed suit, making it 3 goals in 2 1st team appearances. But in the final minute of stoppage time, after a goal mouth scramble from a corner, Reyes prodded home. Boro 2-3 Arsenal

skylogo_default.gif

LIGGINS RESIGNS AS BORO BOSS

Richard Liggins today left his post as Middlesbrough boss after club chairman Steve Gibson accepted his resegnation. Gibson said, "We would like to thank Richard for his 3 years at the club, in which time we have become a permanent feature in the race for European qualification, and have seen the quality of players at the club dramatically imrpove. We wish him all the best for the future."

Liggins said, "I've enjoyed my time here, and I leave the club in a far better potition than it was ion when I joined. I wish the club all the best for the future."

DaveAllen.jpg

New Man at the Cottage

This morning Mohammed Al Fayed announced the schock appointment of Dave Allen as the new manager of Fulham football Club. Even though Mr. Allen is a new man in the world of management the supporters of Fulham were not outraged that a new manager had been put in charge. Many believe that Fulham are a sleeping giant and with the correct man in charge they could reach new heights.

Earlier today Fulham FC held a press conference to show the new manager off to the world.

Reporter: Mr Allen, how does it feel to be the new manager of Fulham FC

D.Allen: It's GREAT. I have supported Fulham for many years and when i received the offer from Mo there was no way that i was going to refuse.

Reporter: What do you think of the squad that you have inherited?

D.Allen: I think that the squad of players i have is very large for a club of Fulhams size. There are defintely some players in their that i will have to let go of either becuase i feel that they dont have what im looking. However, there are also some players in this squad that i will never want to let go of.

Reporter: What are you looking for in your players?

D.Allen: My approach to management is to keep my players working hard until the final whistle. If there are any players that do not want to help the club succeed and work for it then i am afraid that they will not be tkaing part in our campaign.

Reporter: So are you looking to bring anyone into the club?

D. Allen: Well, with the finances of the club as they are i feel that i will need to get the size of my squad down and under control before i even think of bringing in any new players.

Reporter: So, what are your aims for this season?

D. Allen: Well i feel that the players at Fulham can easily make this team finish in the top half of the premiership table. I also think that if we were to really perform we could make it into the UEFA cup. Thank you gentlemen but i must get back to running this club.New Man at the Cottage

ThorErikKjerrgard.jpg

The Hammers on course for Champions League football

16th October 2010

West Ham 2

Rodrigo Tiuì 37, 40

Aston Villa 2

Eddie Johnson 45, 90

With Sam having left a solid foundation of talented footballers at Villa, many pundits believe the Midlands club could go on to achieve great things if the right manager were to take over. Tonight they outplayed West Ham for most of the second half, and fully deserved their equalizer 3 minutes into extra time.

24th October 2010

Birmingham 0

West Ham 3

Alessio Cerci 37, 55

Freddy Guarìn 73

A tricky fixture at St Andrews, but for Thor’s men it was another convincing away win. Guarìn capped off a fantastic performance with a trademark missile that almost broke the back of the net! He’s the cream of the crop! declared MOTD’s Alan Hansen. He’s the new generation of box-to-box midfielders who can dominate a game all on their own. From Keane, to Vieira, to Gerrard… West Ham have got a real star on their hands.

30th October 2010

West Ham 2

Clàudio 80

Freddy Guarìn 88

West Brom 2

Andy O’Brien 36

Alin Stoica 45

Two minutes in, and Chiquinho hit a ridiculously poor penalty that was easily kept out by the West Brom goalkeeper. From there, things went from bad to worse as the visitors scored twice from two fluke free-kicks that were met by a tap-ins at the far post. When Chiquinho again missed a soft penalty in the 70th minute, Thor was fuming. The skies opened up as thunder and lightening broke out. Thor threw everything but the kitchen sink at Bryan Robson’s devious 5-3-2 formation, and in the end his side managed to salvage a point. After the match it was revealed Chiquinho had been sprayed by a hose and fined two week’s wages.

6th November 2010

Wolves 3

Claus Thorbjørn Clausen 25

Chris Eagles 59

Joleon Lescott 79

West Ham 3

Fàbio Santos 7

Andrès D’Alessandro 27, 74

West Ham continue to struggle against teams who play ultra-defensive tactics, and today they lacked a power forward to fend off a rabid Wolves defense. Thor is now said to desperate to add a bit more English steel to his squad, if he can find players at a reasonable price.

20th November 2010

West Ham 4

Rodrigo Tiuì 32, 62

Clàudio 45

Alessio Cerci 60

Norwich 0

Total dominance from start to finish as The Canaries were brushed aside. Prior to this game, Thor had criticized his goalkeeper Diego in the media for some rather sloppy performances in the last few weeks. The Brazilian responded positively, earning a 9 rating and declaring Thor his greatest mentor ever.

28th November 2010

Middlesbrough 1

Colin Mbesuma 32

West Ham 1

Andrès D’Alessandro 84

When you’re up against Liggins, you never know what to expect. Today he deployed a overlapping 4-4-2 formation that seemed intent on bombarding the right back of West Ham with trouble. His unconventional tactics worked a treat, as the visitors from London were scrambling to get the ball out of their own half. When their star striker Clàudio was sent off in the 68th minute, most fans thought the game was as good as over. In what was robbery at broad daylight, Rodrigo Tiuì broke the offside trap in the 84th minute and found Andrès D’Alessandro with a delicate chip to make it 1-1. West Ham refusing to lose!

4th December 2010

West Ham 2

Rodrigo Tiuì 18

Hugo Viana 88

Charlton 0

A vintage display from The Hammers as they thumped their London rivals. Rodrigo Tiuì capped off a solid performance by once again scoring, proving why West Ham had to fend off competition from Porto and Fiorentina in order to sign him. The Brazilian is reported to be settling in very well, enjoying the cold winter and classy women that East London has to offer.

11th December 2010

Portsmouth 2

Michael Chopra 23, 48

West Ham 1

Clàudio 51

Bottom club Portsmouth surprised everyone tonight by earning a rare win against high-flying West Ham. Unacceptable! was the term used by Thor after the match, as he proceeded to fine four of his players, transfer list two players, and order the entire squad to increase their training dosage by 25 percent.

18th December 2010

West Ham 2

Clàudio 37

Rodrigo Tiuì 50

Newcastle 1

Ciprian Andrei Marica 22

With both teams equal on points, the winner of this match would grab hold of third place and still be within reach of Chelsea and Liverpool. Newcastle boss Louis Van Gaal approached this game in a very ambitious and flamboyant style, perhaps thinking that the minion team from London would be easy pushovers. The Dutchman was in for a rude awakening, as sexy football convincingly overcame total football. The big news after this match was that quite a few glory-hunting Chelsea supporters had migrated over to East London and donned West Ham shirts. One such fan was quoted in the Daily Mail as saying: if only that bum Ben Jackson could inspire Chelsea to play like this, they’d have won the damn Champions League trophy already!

26th December 2010

West Ham 3

Clàudio 2, 60

Rodrigo Tiuì 39

Arsenal 1

Thierry Henry 85

Poor Arsenal are holding on to Thierry Henry like he’s still a phenom. With many of their stars in the twilight of their career, a major squad overhaul is needed. When asked who would be the perfect candidate to take over the helm at Arsenal, a gleeful Thor proclaimed: Give it to Pagi! I think he can do a lot of damage with them if given the chance. I’ve never met a more sensele… I mean, sensible guy!

28th December 2010

West Ham 1

Fàbio Santos

Another London rival put to sleep as West Ham cruise through December. Fàbio Santos grabbing the winner with a delicious free-kick that had special guest Diego Armando Maradona jumping out of his seat to do the Macarena. Also in attendance were The Rolling Stones, who during half-time came out of retirement to perform a live-edition of Start Me Up.

1st January 2011

Simão – D/WB R - £2M from Atlètico Paranaense: Thor has got his man: a solid defender, with blistering technique and a frightening good long-shot. The Brazilian wing-back has been performing wonders in his home country for the last couple of seasons, and is sure to become a firm favorite with the West Ham supporters.

Bolton 1

Vasilis Stathis pen 28

West Ham 3

Rodrigo Tiuì 10

Clàudio 18

Andrès D’Alessandro pen 32

Liverpool may boast Evandro Roncatto, but West Ham have got their own diamond in Rodrigo Tiuì. 10 minutes into the match, the striker spotted the Bolton keeper off his line and expertly chipped the ball into the net from the edge of the penalty area. Taking the Premiership by storm reads the headlines.

3rd January 2011

West Ham 2

Rodrigo Tiuì 30

Andrès D’Alessandro 42

Wigan 1

Javier Portillo 13

Wigan have a new manager – a hoodlum by the name of Arthur O’Shea. He came in without much fanfare and is apparently looking to fly under the radar while attempting to find the right players for his ridiculously naive Dutch formation... a tactic that will see his side leak goals like a catholic condom! His circus did stop by London, where he was chewed up and spit out like a worn tampon.

8th January 2011

West Ham 0

Crewe 1

Sammy Clingan 23

West Ham again rested most of their first eleven for a cup fixture. Let us first gain a Champions League spot. Next season I’ll build a squad big enough to compete in all competitions was Thor’s response to his critics.

18th January 2011

Arouca – DMC - £2.2M from Palmeiras: The man heralded as the new Xabi Alonso should fit right in at The Boleyn Ground. The Brazilian has become one of the best long-range passers in the game.

19th January 2011

Manchester City 1

West Ham 2

22nd January 2011

West Ham 1

Alessio Cerci 46

Manchester United 1

Wayne Rooney 62

West Ham dominated this match from start to finish. It took a magnificent individual effort from Wayne Rooney to earn the visitors a point. Up next for third placed West Ham; a trip to North London to face Ben Jackson’s Chelsea, who must win in order to keep up with league leaders Liverpool. With Thor being a Liverpool fan, there is no doubt that he will try lending Niall a helping hand in his quest for the title. Speaking at a press conference, Thor had this to say: Can you hear me knocking, Ben? I’ve just burst the bubble you’ve been living in for the past 3 years! Any dreams you have of securing a fourth successive title will all be dashed! Next week, you’ll be singing the blues!

Sorry this has taken a while lads...

ArthurOShea.jpg

O'Shea announced as new Wigan Manager: - 3rd October 2010

Dave Whelan today announced the shock appointment of Arthur O'Shea as the new Wigan manager. O'Shea has been reported to have said he's relishing the challenge of taking Wigan to the next level, but first will have to steer clear of relegation in his first season. In an interview with Sky Sports News he's said he's delighted with the appointment and hoping to bring some silverware to the JJB soon. He has also set his goals for the future, vowing within 3 seasons, to build Wigan from relegation battlers into a club challenging for regular Champions League action.

However hours after his appointment as manager, he already had his first game in charge.

Richard Liggins brought his Middlesborough side to JJB stadium.

3rd October 2010

Wigan 2

Portillo (38)

Kronaveter (45)

Middlesborough 3

Yakubu (11)

Soares (19)

Rosenberg (66)

A very entertaining game saw Wigan host to Boro, it was a frustrating start for the Wigan fans, with Boro's first 2 shots finding the net. Yakubu first from a through ball, finishing from 15 yards out. Soares 8 minutes later had a 25 yard shot, and although it was close to the keeper, Lewis failed to keep it out.

There was hope for Wigan when Portillo's near post header found the net, and in injury time of the first half, Kronaveter sent the Wigan fans into raptures when his 20 yarder found the top corner. Game on! Wigan came out dominating the 2nd half, and after a great 20 minute spell Boro hit Wigan on the counter attack and Rosenberg was able to snatch an easy goal from 4 yards out after a defensive mixup. Liggins shut up shop soon after and we found ourselves destined for the 3-2 defeat.

16th October 2010

Portsmouth 1

Whelan (29)

Wigan 2

Gaven (68)

Krontiris (70)

Unfortunately O'Shea missed this game, he was working late and couldnt get to the game on time (What? You think Premiership managers are on that good a salary? Have to pay the bills icon_cool.gif)

Assistant Francesco Stefano took over this game for the absent manager, despite going 1 behind, was able to motivate the lads into a 2-1 victory, Gaven striking first before Krontiris sealed the deal in a quickfire 2 minute double for Wigan.

23rd October 2010

Wigan 3

Vuoso (39, 69)

Krontiris (87)

Arsenal 3

Wright-Phillips (5)

Defoe (55, 61)

Henry m/pen (90)

It was an absolutely amazing game at the JJB when Arsenal came to visit.

Wright-Phillips broke early for Arsenal, cutting into the box from outside, and firing the ball home from close range to put the Gunners 1 up. Wigan fought back hard though and were rewarded minutes before the break when Vuoso was allowed space to run at Arsenal, and calmly slotted it home in front of the home supporters.

Wigan were run ragged during the second half, and Defoe was able to bag 2 in quick succession around the hour mark, both starting from out wide on the left wing and Defoe having the quality to bury them both. Wigan fought back again however, and Vuoso struck again in the 69th, when a long ball over the top saw him through on goal, and he rounded the keeper to give us a fighting chance. In the 87th Krontiris switched to the right wing and a through ball from Kronaveter set him in the clear, with 2 defenders closing down quick and a keeper rushing to close the angle, a delicate chip was all that was required to send the home fans wild! The drama wasn't over yet, Perquis brought down Defoe inside the area 3 mins into stoppage time to give Arsenal another chance to win the game. Thierry stepped up and struck it straight down the middle, but Lewis didnt dive...saved! A remarkable game and a deserved point to go with it.

27th October 2010 - League Cup 3rd Round

Wigan 1

Krontiris (5)

Nottingham Forrest 2

Lyons (17)

Denneboom (pen 45)

We set out a weakened side out in the League Cup, and went out to a Forrest comeback. Krontiris on fire of late, opening the scoring, before a Lyons equaliser 12 mins later. A harsh penalty sealed our fate and no League Cup this season icon_smile.gif

30th October 2010

Bolton 2

Obina (11)

Vaz Te (43)

Wigan 1

Krontiris (46)

A frustrating game saw us go down to a poor Bolton side. Obina opened the scoring shortly after 10 mins when Perquis's short backpass was intercepted and an easy 1 on 1 from 8 yards out wasnt missing. Wigan then dominated the game up till just before half time, when a long ball saw Lewis hesitate to come for it, and was caught in no mans land when Vaz Te headed home. This wasnt right, 2 shots on goal, and 2 up.

An inspirational half time team talk so us come out with all guns blazing second half, and it took us just a minute to find the net, Krontiris flying up the left wing, cutting inside and placing a shot past the Bolton keeper. Wigan really piled the pressure on the 2nd half, Portillo and Gaven missing some sitters, before injury-time. Elliot, who'd come off the bench went storming through in the 91st, only to see his shot agonisingly hit the inside of the post. Final whistle. Our season was falling apart.

6th November 2010

Wigan 0

Man City 0

Potenza s/o (10)

We went into the game as 3-1 underdogs, though started off well. Our case was helped when Potenza was sent off for a cynical foul on Elliot who was bursting through on goal. The sending off favoured City more than us, and it ended up an even game. Wigan slightly on top, best chance of the game going to Krontiris but his 20 yarder was spectacularly tipped wide by the City keeper. A draw the fair result with O'Shea considering it a point gained rather than 2 lost.

20th November 2010

Chelsea 5

Gonzalez (8, 60)

Vucinic (10, 12, 73)

Wigan 1

Martin (50)

*ahem*. After a 2 week international break, Wigan had the near impossible task of travelling to Stamford Bridge in search of points. It started off positively, when Elliot straight from the kickoff ran to the edge of the area and had a 25 yarder go close, just over the bar inside 13 seconds. Chelsea then dominated the game, it didnt help our cause when Chelsea's first 3 shots hit the net in a quickfire 6 minute treble.

We had a much better 2nd half against the Londoner's. Subsitute Leon Martin giving Wigan a slight bit of hope but it was all crushed when Gonzalez hit his second 10 minutes later. Vucinic then capped a wonderful performance completing his hat-trick in the 73rd. In all we're not too disappointed with the performance, possession was 50/50%, and we did manage to pull off 8 shots on goal to Chelski's 13. But in the end it was Ben's quality up front the killed off the game.

(To be fair to Ben, he did tell me before the game, that he'd stop at 5...git!)

27th November 2010

Wigan 4

Elliot (pen 24, pen 42)

Portillo (81)

Tiendall o.g (90)

Everton 0

In an unjust scoreline, Wigan took the points in a crucial bottom of the table clash against Mo. It was a tight first half until Vuoso was hacked down inside the box, and Elliot made no mistake from the spot. However the referee made a poor decision for a second penalty nearly 20 mins later when a long ball sent Gaven down the right wing, he was brought down the edge of the area, and although it looked outside, the ref gave a 2nd penalty. Elliot stepped up buried another one.

The 2nd half was an even affair, until 10 mins from time when super sub Portillo got onto the end of a near post header to make it 3. A corner in injury-time saw Kronaveter shoot from the edge of the area, keeper saved it, however Tiendall was in front of him to knock it into his own net. An undeserving scoreline for Everton, but did go a long way to recovering our goal difference from the Chelski whooping.

A poor enough start leaving us in 16th place in the premiership with a 3-5-7 record and -12 goal difference. We have a transfer worth £3.2M in Everton's Cedric De Troetsel coming to the JJB in January, so something to look forward to till then.

Will update again before Sunday, so as to not post too much information at once.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vitamin C ie Thor:

3rd January 2011

Wigan have a new manager – a hoodlum by the name of Arthur O’Shea. He came in without much fanfare and is apparently looking to fly under the radar while attempting to find the right players for his ridiculously naive Dutch formation... a tactic that will see his side leak goals like a catholic condom! His circus did stop by London, where he was chewed up and spit out like a worn tampon.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thor you are taking the absolute p*ss here. There's banter, then there's just being an arse. Arthur has fitted in nicely into the clan without any fault what so ever. I completly agree that taking the michael out of the fellow players is all part of the game, and that without it - things get pretty dull with match reports. However there is no need to varbally abuse a member of the clan who as you say has 'kept quiet'.

I was the new guy once and as ya do, I kept my head down and played the game. Writing reports and getting on with people trying to make a rapour and good relationship with those around me. I can honestly say I'd view you as more of a 'new guy' than Arthur - which is a credit to him. If you dont recognise the fact that you've still only been here 10 minutes and that a bit of banter doesn't mean ripping the absolute **** out of someone who's done nothing against you or indeed anybody else, to me is embarrassing.

I do understand these comments may be taken badly but after 3 weeks in mIRC digging and digging aswell as annoying something has to finally be said.

I'll probably get an earful now for saying all this from the rest of the lads for stepping out of line by saying this, Thor, stop being an arse sticking out like a sore thumb in a superb clan.

Sam's had a gutful DA-DA-DA-DA-DA

Didn't see anything wrong with that, good reports Thor, Arthur. If only certain others *cough* BEN NIALL PAGI *cough* posted a report once in a hiwle... icon_wink.gif

DaveAllen.jpg

Fulham and Allen off to a great start

26 December 2010

Fulham 2 – 0 West Brom

Carteri (14)

Mathieu (pen 79)

We were always in control of West Brom throughout this match. We made an early breakthrough through a goal from Davide Carteri who was later stretchered off. We kept the pressure on West Brom but we just could not add to our opening goal. It was thanks to a 79th minute penalty that increased our lead. West Brom were never really a threat and we just saw the game out to secure the three points.

28 December 2010

Fulham 2 – 1 Norwich

Carteri (21,70) Lupoli (86)

This was another match that we dominated from the kick off. Davide Carteri was able to bag two goals which takes him to three goals in two games since I took over. Norwich threatened our goal once and that was when they scored through Arturo Lupoli with four minutes to go. Even though this startled us we were able to see the game out.

1 January 2011

Charlton 0 – 2 Fulham

Lukas (57)

Pennant (80)

Our first game after the New Year and we started 2011 as we ended 2010. Once again we create all the chances in the first half but can not put any in the back of the net. The 2nd half began how the first half ended, us dominating but unable to put the chances away. It was not until we were able to capitalise on a defensive error and take the lead with a strike from Petr Lukas. Our second came in the 80th minute from a lovely lob over the keeper by Jermaine Pennant.

3 January 2011

Fulham 4 – 1 Newcastle

Lukas (6) Nolan (60)

Carteri (8)

Delporte (15, 27)

I saw Newcastle as being more of a challenge than the teams we had played previously. But with two goals inside ten minutes these thoughts were beginning to disappear. With the score 4 – 0 at half time and Newcastle down to ten men I felt that this would be a certain victory. However, with Nolan scoring on 60 minutes I certainly was not relaxing. Even after that small shock we were able to control Newcastle and keep hold of the three points.

8 January 2011 – FA Cup 3rd Round

Fulham 2 – 2 Watford

Lukas (31, 69) Tudgay (29)

Johnson (52)

We completely dominated Watford in the first half however a sloppy piece of defending cost us dear as Tudgay scored in the 29th minute. We gave Watford and instant reply and equalised through Petr Lukas. In the second half a poor goal kick gave Watford the opportunity to score which Johnson took well. Lukas was able to bag his second in a goalmouth scramble. We dominated Watford for the remaining twenty minutes but could not net that final goal which meant that we had to go to Vicarage Road for the replay.

15 January 2011

Tottenham 2 – 3 Fulham

N’Zogbia (12) Lukas (pen 45)

Cavenaghi (90) Pennant (60) Grindheim (89)

The first half was very evenly matched with Tottenham making the breakthrough in the 12 minutes through Charles N’Zogbia. For the last ten minutes we were able to apply large amounts of pressure leading to us being given a penalty which Lukas slotted away. We began the second half as we ended the first. Constant pressure led to Pennant heading in a corner in the 60th minute. We were able to hold on for the remainder of the match with Grindheim making the three points ours even with a late goal from Cavenaghi.

19 January 2011 – FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

Watford 0 – 2 Fulham

Lukas (47)

Grindheim (56)

The first half was rather uneventful but we were dominating and just could not put the ball in the back of the net. Our first goal came from Petr Lukas shortly after the restart. We completely dominated Watford until the final whistle and the winning margin should have been larger.

22 January 2011

Fulham 3 – 0 Wigan

Aruna (34)

Lukas (37, 90)

The first half of this match belonged to us with two goals in quick succession from both Aruna and Lukas. In the second half Sugar saved a poor penalty which helped us stay in control of the match. The rest of the second half was uneventful until a defensive mistake was pounced upon by Petr Lukas which made our three points fully deserved.

Fulham have been on the rise since I took over the reigns. We have gone from 13th in the Premiership up to 8th. We have remained unbeaten after eight games and this is definitely keeping us on track for my aim of finishing in the top half and if we can keep our current from going we could very easily end up in European places.

Welcome to Hillsbrough - hope you brought your hard hat

Taking over a new club is always difficult, but when that team is 8 points adrift of safety, with little to no money to spend, and in debt, it makes the job all that harder. That's what I'd let myself in for at Sheffield Wednesday, but it was a challenge I was relishing nonetheless.

Needless to say, changes to the playing squad were desperately needed, and plenty were made.

OUT

I got the added bonus of being able to sack 7 crap youth teamers icon_smile.gif

Karl Luisi - £1.9mil to Spurs - my 1 truly class striker, stolen due to a minimum fee clause icon_frown.gif

Umm, some other rubbish players too

TOTAL RECOUPED - £2.2mil

Fortunately my oh-so generous chairman allowed me to spend half of that:

IN

Zurab Khizanishvili - CB - £275k from Bolton

Linus Johansson - CB - £275k from Bologna

Simon Feindouno - FC - £26k from Brest

Igor Duljaj - DMC - Free Transfer

Darren Kenton - DRLC - £1k from Bournemouth

Christian Weber - DMR - £4k from Southampton

Warren Cummings - DL - £6k from Palace

Vito Mannone - Gk - £475k from Boro

Also got Omar Baig (DMC), Josh walker (D/MC) and John Bradley (FC) in on loan from Boro

Plenty of deals done, the squad now looked far more adequately equipped for a relegation battle.

Before we get to the league though, there was the (unwanted) diversion of the FA CUP

3rd Round - Kidderminster 2-2 Sheff Wed

Took the lead twice, pegged back twice. An unwanted replay, although good for the bank balance.

3rd Round replay - Sheff Wed 2-0 Kidderminster

Fortunately the 2nd string were far too strong and won handsomely. Local rivals Leeds United, managed by The Bouch, awaited.

4th Round - Sheff Wed 3-3 Leeds

Again a 2nd X1 played, and an even end-to-end game finished level. Another bloody replay.

4th Round replay - Leeds 3-2 Sheff Wed

As with the first meeting, this was end-to-end and very close. The home side won through in the end.

ALl those cup games came in the middle of a flurry of important league encounters.

Lincoln 2-0 Sheff Wed

22nd place Lincoln stole the points i this six pointer, despite Wednesday being the better side.

Sheff Wed 1-0 Preston

6th place play-off chasing Preston visited Hillsbrough for Liggins' first league game in charge. A raucous atmosphere greeted the side, and the home fans went home happy as the Owls edged a close game.

Doncaster 5-2 Sheff Wed

Yorkshire derby against mid-tabled Donny, unfortunately their ambitious 4-2-4 formation won out in the end, as Wednesday's defence failed to show up.

Sheff Wed 2-1 Derby

Fortunately the home form remained strong, and 3rd place Derby were undone in a match that finished 10 a side.

Ipswich 3-2 Sheff Wed

Again the Owls had no-one to blame but themselves for losing this one. Despite dominating possession, you'll be hard pressed to win after conceding 2 penalties in the first 20 minutes.

Sheff Wed 1-0 Nottingham Forest

Wednesday controlled this game from start to finish, missed a penalty, and needed a 92nd minute winner to maintain the 100% home league record under Liggins.

Now only 4 points from safety with a game in hand, it's clear to see where the problems lie. At home, invincible; away, anything but. The home wins wont continue all the way to the end of the season, so unless some away points can be picked up, survival will be tough.

Come on you Owls icon14.gif

DaveAllen.jpg

One man in 12 men out

At the beginning of my career at Fulham I said that I had to let some of our players go to get the financial state of the club back into a better condition that what it currently is. In the January transfer window I was able to sell a total of 12 players for about £6.2 million and Fulham also have some players leaving at the end of their contracts and to other clubs on the 1st July 2011.

Below are the players that I have been able to get rid of either due to them not wanting to play for the club or because I deemed them not to have enough quality to help Fulham go places where they have never been before.

Dorrans, Graeme | Brentford | £550K |

Clarke, Clive | Bristol Rovers | £180K |

Thüring, Nico | Lierse | £1M |

Westerveld, Sander | Torquay | £180K |

Robinson, Trevor | Grimsby | £150K |

Menéndez Cort, Fernando | AZ | £2.3M |

Edwards, Rob | Tranmere | £150K |

Worley, Harry | Portsmouth | £250K |

Urban, Stefan | Bochum | £30K |

Gergoci, Liridon | Grasshopper | £1M |

Molyneux, Lee | Nottm Forest | £425K |

I am still trying to get rid of players at Fulham as we still need to secure our bank balance but we also need to reduce the size of the squad and the size of our wage bill.

ThorErikKjerrgard.jpg

West Ham keep building for the future

25th January 2011

Francismar – AMRC/FC - £3.5M from Cruzeiro: The reshaping of the West Ham squad continues, as a delighted Thor today announced the capture of the fantastic Francismar. The fee for the Brazilian playmaker could rise to £15.3M depending on appearances.

30th January 2011

Gonçalves – SC - £12M from São Paulo: A sprinter turned footballer who in his debut season scored for fun in the Brazilian top league, earning a call-up to the Portugal national team, where in his first 9 appearances he scored an impressive 4 goals. At only 3 days away from his 20th birthday, this kid could go on to become one of the all-time greats if he keeps his head down and works hard.

2nd February 2011

Chelsea 3

Arjen Robben 20

Mirko Vucinic 82

Andrès Felipe Gonzàlez own goal 85

West Ham 1

Andrès D’Alessandro 90

With key players Diego and Fàbio Santos out injured, a visit to Stamford Bridge was made even more difficult for the East London rivals. The silky runs of Arjen Robben caused havoc for the West Ham backline, and the elegant Dutchman opened the scoring after only 20 minutes. Minion club West Ham must have felt hard done by when the referee failed to send off one of the blue menaces for elbowing Andrès Felipe Gonzàlez straight in the face. New signings Francismar and Gonçalves were given their debuts in the second half, both earning a respectable 7 rating despite lacking match fitness.

5th February 2011

West Ham 0

Fulham 4

Jèrèmy Mathieu pen 5

Petr Lukas 55, 68

Aruna 61

A nightmare start for West Ham, as 4 minutes into the match solid centre back Nicolàs Burdisso was sent off for a professional foul. Despite going one man down, Thor gambled for the win, keeping a very attacking formation with only 3 defenders. With Nikola Avitabile still deputizing in goal for the injured Diego, this was bound to end in disaster. Next time will be a different kettle of fish! was the Norwegian’s promise to newcomer Dave Allen after the match.

12th February 2011

Everton 3

Dave Nugent 10

Andrea Coda 71

Samuel Barlay 89

West Ham 4

Rodrigo Tiuì 12, 21

Kelvin Wilson own goal 19

Andrès D’Alessandro 41

Poor Mo just can’t seem to catch a break. Today he was 4-1 down at half time, and only got back into the match in the second half after Thor decided to give 3 of his unfit reserves some much needed match practice. Everton is a team who should dominate most home games, but unfortunately their manager is a bit a boor who appear to be way too concerned with what the opposition is doing rather than focusing on deploying a tactic that is best suited for his own players.

26th February 2011

West Ham 1

Clàudio 50

Liverpool 0

They say God invented whiskey so the Irish would never rule the world. In Niall’s case he’ll never rule the Premiership. He sure picked a crucial time of the season to go on a bender and leave his assistant in charge. Here’s hoping the peculiar boss can pick himself up and salvage his season before the dreaded sack.

5th march 2011

Aston Villa 1

Milan Baros 74

West Ham 0

A West Ham squad ravaged with injuries deployed an attacking 5-3-2 formation, with wingbacks Simão and Chiquinho performing like absolute stars. A heroic display by the Villa keeper ensured that Milan Baros could grab the winner late the match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vitamin C:

They say God invented whiskey so the Irish would never rule the world. In Niall’s case he’ll never rule the Premiership. He sure picked a crucial time of the season to go on a bender and leave his assistant in charge. Here’s hoping the peculiar boss can pick himself up and salvage his season before the dreaded sack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gificon_razz.gif

I like it!

DaveAllen.jpg

Fulham’s Good Form Continues

29 January 2011 – FA Cup 4th Round

Fulham - 4

Fay (1)

Carteri (49)

Lukas (69, 77)

Derby - 1

Taylor

Knowing that we had a tough few matches coming up I decided to change the team around a little to give our main players a rest. 1 minutes in and Paul Fay grabs his first goal of the season in his first management under my management. We kept piling on the pressure on Derby and after many chances we let ourselves concede due to poor defending at the back. A lovely floated free-kick from Dalla Bona allowed Carteri to sneak in at the back post and head our second goal in. During the second half some of the big guns were brought on and we grabbed two more goals, both headers, from Petr Lukas we were always in control of this match and a 4-1 victory sees us progress to Round 5 of the cup.

2 February 2011

Man Utd - 2

Grax (61)

Thomas (72)

Fulham - 1

Roth (90+)

Cannavaro sent off (56)

We were walking into this match as underdogs but with the form that we were in I felt that we could at least get a point but it would be tough. The first half was very evenly matched and both sides had their chances to take the lead. The best perhaps came to Jermaine Pennant who missed an open goal after an error by their goalkeeper. We started the second half poorly and found ourselves down to ten men after a defensive mistake left Cannavaro exposed and commit a professional foul. Man Utd were able to take control and score an easy goal on the 60 minute mark and then banging in another one during the rest of the match and secure the three points even though Roth scored his first goal for us deep into injury time.

3 February 2011

West Ham - 0

Burdisso sent off (4)

Fulham - 4

Mathieu (pen 5)

Lukas (55, 68)

Aruna (61)

Four minutes in and we were awarded a penalty after West Ham were down to ten men after a correct decision by the referee. Mathieu coolly converted to put us 1-0 up inside five minutes. After this both teams had their chances to score goals but it was still 1-0 at half time after West Ham had a goal disallowed. The second half was the same with both teams having equal chances. It was us who were able to take the lead after a defensive error allowed Petr Lukas to slot the ball past Avitabile. After the second goal we were in control and we were able to score two goals inside ten minutes from Aruna and Lukas. West Ham never really threatened our goal from then on and despite Mr. Kjerrgard’s efforts it proved to be a comfortable win to secure three points.

12 February 2011

Fulham - 0

Liverpool - 0

Liverpool were a team that I knew we would have to work very hard against to come away with a point even if Mr. Murphy was not in control of them. They completely dominated us but for the last five minutes of the first half we were able to create a few chances. The second half followed the same story with Liverpool dominating but not able to put any of the chances away. I decided to bring on Pennant and as soon as he came on he had a chance to make it 1-0 but a great last ditch tackle prevented him. We were able to get the one point and I think that all the credit should go to our defence and Liverpool’s lacklustre attack.

19 February 2011 – FA Cup 5th Round

Sunderland - 4

Arca (pen 11)

Aguero (11, 30)

Ohlsson (14)

Aguero missed penalty (10)

Fulham – 0

The first half certainly went Sunderland’s way as they completely dominated us. They had a goal disallowed and a penalty saved. That save resulted in a rash challenge from Mathieu which meant that another penalty was given seconds after the first was saved. This time the penalty was put away by Julio Arca. After this Sunderland were able to score three more before half time. The second half started pretty much the same with Sunderland having a chance inside three minutes. A goal never looked like coming for us. We had the odd chance but we were not able to put anything away. Sunderland certainly deserved the win and I hope they do well in the cup.

27 February 2011

Birmingham - 0

Fulham - 1

Lukas (20)

After the thrashing handed to us by Sunderland I felt that we needed to change the team around a little. This allowed for players to be given the chance to impress me. The changes seemed to work as we were piling on the pressure on Birmingham which resulted in Lukas slotting away a fumble by the keeper. Birmingham did have a few chances but never really threatened our goal. Neither team really threatened in the second half and any shots that were on target the keepers were able to deal with them. We were able to see out the match to win 1-0 and secure three points to help us stay in the top half of the premiership.

5 March 2011

Fulham - 2

Aruna (11)

Carteri (76)

Wolves - 0

A lovely flowing move of football allowed Aruna to slot the ball past Krul to score our first goal. We kept piling on the pressure but were unable to put the ball into that back of the net. The second half started rather uneventfully and it was not until the 70th minute that either team had a chance until Wolves headed the ball wide. We were able to double our lead when Davide Carteri was able to score from thirty yards out. Wolves never threatened our goal and we were able to keep hold of the three points which took us up to sixth in the league.

We have been performing well and we currently sit seventh in the league after Man Utd were able to win their game in hand. I think that we are definitely going to finish in the top half all we need to do now is to make that push that will see us finish with a UEFA cup spot. We have been able to offload more players so the team is becoming what I want it to be and I will soon be able to put my stamp on the side by bringing in a few players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">25th January 2011

Francismar – AMRC/FC - £3.5M from Cruzeiro: The reshaping of the West Ham squad continues, as a delighted Thor today announced the capture of the fantastic Francismar. The fee for the Brazilian playmaker could rise to £15.3M depending on appearances.

30th January 2011

Gonçalves – SC - £12M from São Paulo: A sprinter turned footballer who in his debut season scored for fun in the Brazilian top league, earning a call-up to the Portugal national team, where in his first 9 appearances he scored an impressive 4 goals. At only 3 days away from his 20th birthday, this kid could go on to become one of the all-time greats if he keeps his head down and works hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how can you afford all these brazillians? icon_eek.gif your west ham

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

but before that the french tart wamders in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh dear, been on the potato flavour alchypops again? icon_razz.gif

SamBouchard_Leeds.jpg

New Job, New Challenge, New Ways To Kick Ass

Well it's been a while since my last report on the goings on in my life. After parting ways with Aston Villa and Doug Ellis after what felt like 63 years at the helm, and spending two days at home taking time off from football, I was offered a job as the sucsessor to the now England manager Steve McClaren.

Ken Bates drove Chelsea on after buying the club for just a pound. He invested his wealth into the side and the stadium and then sold up to the blaudy Russians who've since made things fassical and hired Benjamin Eugine Michael Latoya Jackson - Mental in my opinion. Meanwhile, up teh motorway in Leeds, Peter Ridsdale was buying anything and everything in sight with the ourish David O'Leary. Anyway - needless to say, that went tits up and they lied broke in the shambolic Championship wilderness.

Here's where I came in. Just 9 games in and only 2 wins on the board with a manager leaving, shoddy squad and staff that dont know what a ball is....oh joy! But where there's belief there's everything! I took the side and enthralled them with my wisdom and belief, well, that and the Thor dart board's I installed, and produced something to get the crowds back to Elland Road. A 21 game unbeaten streak in the league took leads into second place behind Steve Diprose's wonderful footballing side Sunderland (I kid you not my friends...I kid you not).

With 7 games to go (or 9 if you use Diprose's mathamatical skills) Leeds lie in second place. With any one of 6 teams still able to go up, anything can happen, but with any luck - the spot will be ours!

Mon the Leeds icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ligs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Oh dear, been on the potato flavour alchypops again? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what i hear they are rather tasty and wholesome...(ooh a new emoticon-gotta fit it in) jpshakehead.sml.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keedo666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ligs:

Oh dear, been on the potato flavour alchypops again? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you just hate it when ex players post in the thread................

From what i hear they are rather tasty and wholesome...(ooh a new emoticon-gotta fit it in) jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

skylogo_default.gif

Chelski Drunkski?

Bank Holiday weekend and all is well up and down the country, as the vast majority of British citizens head for the pubs and the deckchairs on this a well earned day of rest. With the football season drawn to a close many supporters have taken it upon themselves to meet up and relax with a quiet out of season drink without the stress of club football.

This is unfortunatly one of the biggest weekends for the Police force, who are constantly on the lookout for drunken louts who are up for causing trouble and are loitering the British streets.

This afternoon the Police found such people all over the country this afternoon, but the unlikely hotspot was Swindon, where 'European failure' Benjamin Michael Latoyah Jackson was stopped driving home after a WHOLE day in the pub drinking. The Police made the following statement;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">PC O.Ver-heated;

Mr Jackson was seen speeding up the motorway out of London last night after a meeting with frustrated shareholders. He was followed by local Police in Swindon where he returned to a local Travel Lodge to stay the night as he usually does when in town. They stayed close by and today followed him as he left early this morning and went straight into a local pub, seemingly meeting up with friends. Jackson was viewed always with a pint in his hand of which the levels of alcohol varied at each view by Police.

11 Hours after entering the pub, Mr Jackson got into his Morris Minor and drove off down the road. This was when myself and PC Tuat moved in, launching the sirons and flashing lights in a bid to stop him from moving further down the road.

Mr Jackson's face looked pale, his palms were sweaty and his eyes visably bloodshot - so Police asked him to take a breathaliser test. He said that was always the way he looked after a beer - but insisted he only had two pints, one of witcb being a non alcoholic lager top.

Two tests were taken and although it looked as if Mr Jackson was telling the truth about his intake, Police just didn't believe him and took him in.

It was just not believable enough that he could be in a pub all day and only have two pints of alcohol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

* Since this statement only one fact has been changed - 'meeting up with friends', was changed to 'finding hungry locals he could pay to sit with'. *

aacircle2.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alcoholics Anonymous;

We've spent time with Mr Jackson before with his Chelsea European failures at a location in West London, and we must say that it does only take only 1/5 of a pint of lager to get Mr Jackson tipsy - and indeed only half a pint to get completly wasted. He's now under our wing and we shall improve him for those German away days next year in Europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr Jackson was released and went back home to his family to recover from the Bank Holiday fass. This picture was sent in by Mr Jackson's loving childeren of their father to the Police to prove his innocence of any alcoholic charges. Aparently when this picture was taken he'd shared half a Bacardi Breezer with his shemale wife...the evidence is clear for all to see.

Mr Jackson's Lawyer's Evidence

On spotting this evidence Ben Jackson's fellow EPL Managers dared not comment, however the new Spanish God Sam Bouchard did indeed take time out to comment whilst trying to mount a donkey.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The lad's an inspiration to lightweight's around the world. He had a big deal in shipping me off to Spain from Leeds United, unfortunatly I dont forgive the lad, and may be paying him a visit when I get off this thing. I'll just look for the nearest gutter and i'm sure i'll find him. Ehhh viiiiiiva Espaniaaaaaa...la la la la la la la la la </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

_38859659_lineker_203.jpg

Thor reflects on first season

MOTD’s Gary Lineker today presented his viewers with a 1 hour special on the manager sensation that has got the football world talking.

Q: There he is! I understand you are a Sir now? Not a bad first season is it?

A: That’s right, little dude. I was knighted by the Queen of England for my continuous work of bringing sexy football into the country. Pleased as punch to be honest. She said she would be delighted to see me at The Palace this summer.

Q: You reckon you’ll slip her the sausage then?

A: No comment. All I got to say is she’s quite the buxom wench.

Q: Moving swiftly on… West Ham were tipped for another relegation this season. Yet here you are with one game left to play, in third place and poised for a Champions League spot. How do you explain this remarkable turnaround?

A: Religion, my friend. When you have thousands of Catholics all over the country praying that a minion club like West Ham will be able to rise above Chelsea and their evil Roman empire, you can’t help but feel the force.

Q: I assume God is paying your bills too? No fear of taking the club into bankruptcy?

A: I have read the last page of the Bible. It all turns out well.

Q: Are you a megalomaniac in disguise?

A: Not at all. I am the reflection of perfection - the number one selection.

Q: Is there any manager in this country aside from yourself who impress the mighty Thor? Excuse me… Sir mighty Thor.

A: I really like young Steven Diprose at Sunderland. I think that with the right coaching and nurturing, he could be exceptional.

Q: And who doesn’t impress?

A: First guy who springs to mind is the guy responsible for the blue hell at Everton, Mo Ilyas. Despite being sacked there, he refuses to be gone! It’s like when you flush a huge turd down the toilet, and there’s always a stinky little nugget that comes back up. You can flush all day long, and the nugget just won’t go down. That’s a great analogy to describe Mo.

Then there’s that train wreck David Pagi, who I am amazed can still find employment in top flight football. When I beat his Manchester United side 6-1, I knew it was only a matter of time before he would be escorted out of Old Trafford in a rubber truck. There’s only one Pagi.

I also shouldn’t forget about Sam Bouchard, who in the last couple of months have suffered setback after setback. First his lack of ambition and cunningness on the transfer market saw his Aston Villa side plunge down the table in early parts of the season. As panic set in, he shamelessly declared interest in the Manchester United job, thinking he could steal the spot from Pagi, who at that time was away on holiday. The United board responded by laughing at him. By now he had incited an angry mob at Villa, and wisely chose to hightail out of there. From there, it was down to the Championship to play around with Leeds, where as soon as news of their promotion was confirmed, he fled to Spain, perhaps thinking he would do a Swindon if he went back to the Premiership. In any event, the English game has one less rageoholic now that Sam is gone.

Q: You don’t respect many people do you?

A: That’s right. I imagine if you worked in a pet store, people would ask how big you’d get.

Q: Alright, with that said, this seems like a good time to wrap things up. Goodbye!

A: Cheers!

RichardLiggins_SheffWed.jpg

The Great Escape

After the win over Forest, there were 6 games remaining. In particular, 2 away games at Oxford and Southampton, teams only one point ahead of me.

Oxford 1-3 Sheff Wed

Sometimes things just don't go for you. 20 minutes had gone and the score was still 0-0, but we had missed a penalty and were down to 10 men after a ludicrous refereeing decision. Even when we did take the lead, Oxford equalised straight from the restart. With 20 to go, Simon Feindouno grabbed his first goal for the club and, when Oxford pushed on for a much needed equaliser, Vincent got his 2nd of the game to move Wednesday out of the bottom 3!

After a home victory over Reading, we were 4 points clear with 4 games to go. A 0-0 draw away at Southampton condemned the Saints to the drop, and convincing home wins over Cardiff and Stoke saw safety easily achieved. 9 points clear at the end.

So there we have it, 10 points behind when I took over in January, 9 points clear 4 months later. A job well done methinks.

skylogo_default.gif

"Bridesmaid" Murphy Put In Place

Richard Liggins today hit out at Liverpool boss Niall Murphy over comments made in the press back in January.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'd only been in charge 5 minutes when Murphy started sticking his nose into all things Sheffied Wednesday. He said he thought I wasn't the right man for the job, which is pretty ironic coming from a man who has failed time after time to actually win anything of note at Liverpool, despite all the money he's spent. 1 FA Cup and 1 league cup in 4 seasons? That might be good enough for clubs like Bolton, but not huge clubs like Liverpool. He is the perennial bridesmaid, always in the shadow of someone better. He certaibly has a big head, but unfortunately it's not filled with a huge footballing brain, as his comments about Sheffield Wednesday once again showed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wi11iams:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keedo666:

Don't you just hate it when ex players post in the thread................

From what i hear they are rather tasty and wholesome...(ooh a new emoticon-gotta fit it in) jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep its shameful really icon_razz.gif

NiallMurphy.jpg

Liverpool Champions Of Europe!

Championeees, Championeees, ole, ole, ole. icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, spectacular scenes and joyous celebration was well underway in the red half of Merseyside as Murphy's lads bring home the bacon, the big one, the one that Ben jackson of Chelsea has been pining for for four seasons but hasn't got near. Yes, ladies and gents - Liverpool are Champions Of Europe once again, for the sixth time in their history after a brilliant campaign fought on European soil.

On a balmy May night in May 2011, Liverpool took on Spanish giants and La Liga Champions, Real Madrid, for the right to be crowned the "best team in Europe". With both sides having a great history in the European game the match was highly anticipated but with the game taking place in the Bernabeu, Madrid also had home advantage.

Liverpool line up

GK: Anders Isaksson

RB: Dusan Basta

LB: John Arne Riise

CB: Gabriel Milito

CB: Vincent Kompany

DM: Ruben Verdejo

CM: Kim Kallstrom

CM: Steven Gerrard

RM: Renato

LM: Evandro Roncatto

ST: Djibril Cisse

S1: Thomas Mangani

S2: Phillipe Dufour

S3: Lukas Podolski

S4: Giampaolo Pazzini

S5: Emrah Ekin

S6: James Milner

S7: Leyrielton

Madrid still boasted class players such as Casillas, Ramos, Cicinho, Carvallho, Daniel Carvalho, Mascherano, Baptista, Tevez and Nilmar.

On the way to the final, Liverpool had played Celtic, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Arsenal in a fantastic semi final where an away goal from Djibril Cisse in the very last minute had put us into the final after a 2-2 aggregate score.

European Cup Final - Santiago Bernabeau Stadium, Madrid, attendance 74,896

[b}Real Madrid 0 - 2 Liverpool[/b]

Madrid lined up in a 4-4-2 with Murphy favouring his European Conquering 4-5-1 formation. It took 16 minutes for the first serious move to take place, a lovely flowing move from Liverpool starting with 19 year old Spanish prospect Verdejo, saw him interchange with Gerrard, to put in Kallstrom, whose low drive was spectacularly saved by Casillas.

On 24 minutes came the breakthrough. Madrid had possession and played the ball infield to the world class holding midfielder Javier Mascherano. Immediately, four Liverpool players pressed the Argentinian hard, forcing him to attempt a back pass to right back Sergio Ramos, but the pressing from Liverpool was so intense, he hit a loose one and golden boot winner, Cisse was onto it in a flash. Getting in ahead of Ramos, Cisse made the angle for the shot and Casillas was stranded. 1-0 Liverpool and as Murphy celebrated on the bench, one member of the 74,896 crowd began to look very uncomfortable. Who was it? No one other than perenial underachiever in Europe, Chelsea boss ben jackson who would have swapped a few Premiership titles to be where I was sitting tonight...As the Liverpool fans began to sing "Jackson, what's the score, Jackson, Jackson what's the score?" a wry grin spead across my face.

But it wasn't over but we were trying to put the game beyond the Spaniards. On 30 a superb through ball by Gerrard split the Madrid defence, but Casillas came out quickly to snuff out the danger. On 41, Madrid's Daniel Carvalho hit an free kick, saved by Isaksson.

Then on 82, Cicinho tripped Kallstrom in the box. The super Swede stepped up to take the kick...bang 2-0!! Game over, Murphy was the European Champion, and Jackson disappeared out of the stadium to his solitary retreat in the west counties - not to be seen for several days. This was Murphy's evening as he mounted the podium and lifted the European Cup.

Murphy's skipper Steven Gerrard lifts the European Cup for the new Champions of Europe!

_41185457_gerrardtrophy.jpg

After the game we grabbed a few words with the mecurial Irishman.

Niall, congratulations on your stunning victory. How did you do it?

Well all along I've been telling the lads that we are the best side in Europe and tonight I was proven correct. We have taken on and beaten some of Europe's great sides this season and we fully deserve our victory. Tonight, our team put in an awesome counter attacking performance and really limited Madrid to only a threat from set pieces.

How does it feel to be the Champions of Europe

Absolutely superb mate, superb...there is no better trophy to win than this.

Can you better this next season?

Yes, I think we can win the European Cup again and once again I'll be trying to wrestle the Premiership away from Chelsea. That is of course very difficult because not only is their first 11 outstanding, the financial resources and the backing of Abramovich means they have world class in every position, which no other team can compete with. But we have quality here. We have Roncatto, European and British player of the year, we have Podolski, Cisse, Kompany, Gerrard and Alonso, so I will try to bring in the right mix of youth and experience to give us a better shot at it next season.

Any words for Mr Jackson?

Yes, I hope he enjoyed his night in the Bernabau!!

So overall this season I have finished 2nd in the Premiership for the 4th successive year, but at least, unlike Liggins, I didn't have to jump ship to rubbish like Sheffield Wednesday just to avoid the humilaition of a sacking. icon_razz.gif The Premiership has been for the past few seasons a two horse race, but unfortunately I have missed sessions towards the end which saw my advantage eroded. Chelsea are, as you would expect, the strongest team in the Premiership and even with a Liverpool, they are almost impossible to compete with, especially when Ben has made astute signings.

But we covered ourselves in glory with the European Cup and we take that, and a new bunch of signings into next season's campaign with confidence!

BenJackson.jpg

At The Double Double

A season where we won the Premiership for the 4th consecutive time and won a second consecutive FA Cup which means we've done the Double two seasons in a row would go down as a good season you'd think but not according to our many critics icon_rolleyes.gif.

The lack of success in Europe is hanging around our necks like a noose ready for being hanged icon_eek.gif and once again, we were denied the chance to win it with a 90th minute penalty sending us out on aggregate.

There's still plenty left to achieve at the club and I know i'm the man that's the one to steer the team to Champions League success which a club like ours deserves.

skylogo_default.gif

So how does it feel to have done the League and FA Cup double in two consecutive seasons?

It feels great and is a testament to the quality of the squad that has been assembled here at Chelsea that we've performed so well over the past few seasons. I know many people have decided to point out the lack of success in the Champions League but you can't deny that 4 League titles and 2 FA Cups since the time i've been in charge is a fantastic record icon_biggrin.gif.

Where do you think you can improve?

We need to lower the average age of the squad so this will probably mean a few of the older heads moving on and with our tremendous scouting network, we will look to bring in the best young talent from around the world.

Other than that, I don't feel that there is much more improvement to be made but we are always on the lookout for better players to keep us at the level of success that we've been enjoying. That's not to say we can coast along as I am still keen to keep the club and squad pushing on towards more success in the future.

What do you have to say about the rumours that you're looking to move onto a new club and challenge?

To be honest, I had been thinking over my future at the club as there's not much else left to achieve but I know that the Champions League really shows the class of a team and I won't feel i've done my job if we don't win it at least once in the time i'm in charge.

Any comment to make on what the Liverpool manager had to say after his side had won the Champions League?

We've have a long rivalry as we've been the main two teams in the league for the past 4 seasons which has seen us coming out on top every time and you've have put money on us winning the Champions League before they did icon_wink.gif.

That's not to say they did extremely well to win it but they'd admit they had plenty of luck along the way, especially with the 90th minute winner that took them into the final whereas we had no luck as we conceded a 90th minute goal to be knocked out.

We'll be looking to put it right this season as I feel we've a great chance in all the competitions.

Thank you for your time

With a revamp of the squad with a few of the older players moving on and a few younger chelsea quality signings to help lower the average age of an aging squad, I'm feeling really confident about the upcoming season and with the continued backing of Mr Abramovich and our great supporters, surely nothing can stop us icon_smile.gif.

DaveAllen.jpg

Fulham Finish Strongly

Dave Allen has finished his first season as manager of Fulham and since he took over Fulham have gone from strength to strength. During the time that Dave Allen was manager Fulham only lost 3 games which is great for a club like Fulham.

This year Mr. Allen has taken Fulham to their highest position in the Premiership since they joined in 2001. Fulham were able to fulfil both Dave Allen’s aims this year. He wanted to finish in the top ten which they did easily and he was hoping for a UEFA Cup spot which they got without qualifying due to winners of the domestic cups.

Everyone knew that the finances at Fulham were becoming dangerously low. Thanks to Fulham finishing 6th, making the UEFA Cup and making their squad much smaller they were able to get their finances into a much more stable condition and with some success this year they will be able to make it even better.

We were able to catch up with Mr Allen and ask him a few questions,

Reporter: Mr. Allen. How did you think your team performed this season?

Mr. Allen: I think that we performed really well and I am delighted that we were able to qualify for the UEFA Cup this year.

Reporter: With the UEFA Cup this season, how do you think you will do?

Mr. Allen: I think that we will need to concentrate on the Premiership so that we do not repeat Ipswich many years ago and get relegated soon after qualifying for Europe. It would be great to do well in the cup but I will be focussing mainly on the Premiership.

Reporter: Will you be needing to add to your squad this year?

Mr. Allen: Well I definitely feel that we need to bring in a few players to provide both depth and competition to other players so that they do not get complacent.

Reporter: Thank you very much for your time

Mr Allen: No problem at all.

DavidPagiII_Boro.jpg

"He's had more clubs than changes of underpants!"

Yeah it's true my managerial career thus far as been pretty start stop and extremely mediocre, tbh I really shouldn't have ever left my beloved Spurs as I had built an extremely good squad and was a solid top 4 team, but at that time I was disillusioned with the Premiership and the stagnate feeling competing for 3rd spot every season as Chelsea and Liverpool are on another level. My reign at Inter was short lived but eventful none the less, as I secured the Italian cup cruising past Juventus beating them 3-0 away and that year's CL winners AC Milan in the final, in the early month's things looked great but the more signings I made the worse we played. I left them with an amazing squad and they seem to be doing well now so that's something. My time in Manchester was just as short but nowhere near as eventful just meh. I was poor FACT tactically naive....

But forget all that, I'm now at Boro and things look rosy again despite Ligs best attempts to **** up the club icon_wink.gif My first season in charge has been a relative success defeating Niall's Liverpool, drawing v Ben's Chelsea and defeating Thor's West Ham icon_wink.gif The big 3 if you will and securing a 9th place finish narrowly missing out on a Uefa spot. Unfortunately we got knocked out of the Uefa Cup early doors courtesy of Sevilla although I would argue we were extremely unlucky to do so as we completely outplayed the Spanish side on home turf and deserved more than our 1-0 win.

The future's bright as M'boro famed YTS scheme has harvested an impressive crop Walker, Stevenson, Bradley, Sykes, Baig, Shaw all rising through the youth ranks and look like they could be pressing for the first team in the near future. There is an English core to the squad with further representatives Downing, Soares, Murphy, Moses, and Ashton. I am really exciting about what these guys can achieve.

After all the summer transfer activity I still have 6m + to spend so we could see 1 more signing at Riverside before too soon, although I am happy with the quality and quantity I have assembled

I am aiming for top 6 this season anything less will be a failure, although I’m used to failure by now icon_smile.gif

Players in

Albin Ebondo (D/WBR) 6m PLAYER INFO

The complete attacking RB think the French Cafu but younger and more complete icon_wink.gif

Curtis Davies (DC) 5m

Great young English defender, pacy and defensively assured

Dean Ashton (FC) 4.1m

Bought in to connect the midfield with the strikers a great link-up player, yes I already have alot of strikers but I believe for a squad to challenge you need at least 5

Scott Murphy (DMC) 675k (Compensation)

My scouts spotted this guy while I was a Man Utd, although he wasn't willing to talk terms then. Liverpool alerted me to him once again when they tabled a bid once I had moved to M'boro and I made sure I captured his signature as he looks a potential star for the future.

Hatem Ben Afra(AML/C) bosman

Very technically gifted French playmaker, the ideas man hopefully he can propel Boro to at least the Uefa Cup next season when he arrives.

Aiden McGeady (AMR/C) bosman

In a similar mould to Ben Afra but this guy is Irish, the Irish Ronaldinho if u will, tricks in abundance, very creative.

Gennaro Gattuso (DMC) bosman

The tenacious bullfighter in midfield this guy is the dog's ******** but getting on.

Giovanni Sio (AMC/L) Bosman

Out and out Ivory Coast left winger great cover for Downing and at 21 will only improve

Neil Allen (DC/ST) 13.75m

More versatile than a waffle this guy is a first class defender and striker what he lacks in out and out pace he more than makes up for in raw ability, my scouts at Spurs spotted this guy ripping it up at Hartlepool I didn't hesitate to sign him for 2.5m as I saw the potential even then beating off Liverpool to his signature.

Players out

Grohe Marcole (GK) 1.3m

**** player

Vito Mannone (GK) 475k

**** player

Andre Roth (DC/ST) 500k

**** player

Roman Hubnik (DC) 1.4m

**** player

Nicolaj Agger (AMC) 2.6m

meh

Fabrizio Miccoli (ST) 1.6M

too old grandad

Lebo Mokoena (AMC/R/FC) hmmm

Weird name

Stanley Aborah (AMR) 1.1m

**** player

Yakubu (ST) 7.5m

Class striker but I just don't like him icon_smile.gif

John Welsh (DMC/R) 1.1m

**** player

Benoit Pedretti 2m

Class Def Mid but getting on and I bought Gattuso and have young prodigy Scott Murphy waiting in the wings + Fletcher

End of season 2010/11 Results

Wolves 2-1 fa cup 3rd round

Fryatt break from att throw fryatt header beating mildly injured mceverly wolves had 3 shots scored 2 lastuva czech gk can **** off deserved equaliser bombarding goal but nothing.

Chelsea 2-1 prem

fred 8 mins

soares instant reply 30 yard OHHH WHAT A SCREAMER

Sykes 69

Arsenal 1-1 league cup semi first leg home

Defoe header probably aaahh or deflected shot from atting throw in then dias right wing cross sykes trademark header

West Brom1-1 M'boro

Yakubu scored pen early on after some twat bought him down 1 yard from goal and received not even a yellow that makes sense.

Emerton scored a long ranger midway through 2nd half

Everton 1-0 M'boro

Nugent fortune of a very fluky rebound that fell straight in his path for a tap in, Everton’s only shot on goal, I continued to have a load of possession and shots and deserved at least a draw.

M'boro 2-0 Norwich

full control

Sevilla Uefa 3rd Round

Lost 2-0 away Luis Fabbo proving the point why I favour 532 as I can't get 442 to work reverted back to 532 home leg won1 -0 should have been more but cocks can't finish and Sykes always offside. collins 89 min

Man Utd 4-3

Rooney 2 Noble early 1 Ale long shot Yakubu hat trick should have scored 5 tbh very unlucky to lose.

Fulham (h) 2-2

Yakubu x2 in first 10 Fulham finish game with 9 men yet still manage an 89min equaliser.

Liverpool 1-1 M'boro

Yakubu early goal, then i shut up shop and somehow got the draw.

Wolves 3-0 M'boro

Decided to try out a 442 and failed miserably I just can't play 442 icon_frown.gif

West Ham 1-2 M'boro

After Gonzalez received his marching orders, I was confident I could win once I had evaluated where I could capitalise and thankfully we did.

Collins tidy finish from acute angle

Pedretti silly trip in box D’Alessandro pen

Sykes late sub

Arsenal 2-3 M'boro

Would have got the draw but Fabio my gk played a mare seemingly caught the ball then decided to drop it at the feet on Reyes for his hat trick.

skylogo_default.gif

Murphy accuses Chelsea of cheating their way to success

Liverpool manager Niall Murphy today launched a vicious broadside at the tactics employed by Chelsea in the recent Community Shield "friendly" at Wembley. The Liverpool manager was incensed when what can only be described as a hatchet job dished out on Djibril Cisse saw the Liverpool ace and golden boot winning striker ruled out of Liverpool's opening month of the campaign, including the European Super Cup Final. In addition, Murphy was angry at another foul which lead to the withdrawl of "Deadly" Ledley King and the subsequent dive by Chelsea striker Fred which saw Chelsea earn a penalty which decided the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I think what we have seen today is a disgrace to English football. Jackson has blatently employed heavy handed tactics and for the second game in a row has encouraged his players to dive for penalties to win the game. I thought the two he was awarded at our recent meeting at Stamford Bridge were suspicious but the one today was outrageous. To me its a sign that Chelsea's advantage over the past four seasons is on the wane. No longer do they have the best squad and now they cheat to win. Really, I don't know how Jackson can look at himself in the mirror! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Murphy also launced an attack on Jackson's suggestion that his new defender Daniele Senna was a weak link. The manager of the current European Champions had this to say:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jackson is just miffed that Senna had the sense to join a club with a history of European success instead of the perenial failures that are Chelsea. Jackson had been chasing the player for years and is clearly distraught that he failed to land him and had to blow £20m on Maduro, which even Mo Ilyas down at Everton suggested was laughable. Senna didn't have a great debut but when Fred goes down like he's dead in the box, you got to feel for the Italian. He will be a great asset to Liverpool FC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In an all encompassing interview, Murphy also had the following word of wisdom for Thor "No Score" Kjerrgård at West Ham.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can't see West Ham having any success in the European Cup this season. Thor has got to remember that it takes great sides to conquer Europe and great managers. As of yet, all I see are a collection of odd ball Brazilians down at West Ham. Anybody can buy a collection of Brazilians but not everyone can gel a side. Having seen him squeeze past Sunderland by the skin of his arse I am fairly confident that West Ham are set to struggle on the big stage, but, they might get further than Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NiallMurphy.jpg

Right going to try and improve my output again. icon_wink.gif

Season 2011/12 is underway and I think this is our best chance yet of winning the Premiership crown. having conquered Europe, won the FA and Carling Cups with Liverpool, the last remaining challenge is to end Chelsea's hegemony at the top of the table. For the past few seasons it been an attempt at bridging the gap which was down to A: The players Ben inherited and B: His astute signings with the ample cash he also inherited. Taking over at Liverpool, I bought Kompany and Podolski and now they are at an age where they are the ones in their prime. With Roncatto, Gerrard, Alonso, Cisse and my new ex wonderkid from Porto, left winger Anderson joining for £18.25m from Valencia, I think we are well equipped to progress this season if all works out well.

Capturing the 30 year old but still quality Ledley King from Chelsea for £4m and the promising defender Senna from Lecce for £12m, gives me experience and possibly the best two young defenders around in Europe in Senna and Dufour. In nets, Akinfeev and Isaksson are pretty good and all looks well up top with Pazzini, Cisse, Podolski, Roncatto and Bruno Viega who is touted as the new Ronaldo - so has a lot to live up to, joining for £9m.

So all in all, with Chelsea's players getting older and Ben's signings not of the same quality as previous players (understandable as they were so good) it could be our year.

But early on there has been a slip up. Season opened with a routine 3-0 win over Paul Jewell's Norwich. We then travelled to Spurs where we have an excellent record of wins. This time though we were turned over when inexplicably we fell apart at the back. First Ledley King missing a header on his return to White Hart Lane, and then Dusan Basta dwelling on the ball to make it 2-1 to Tottenham. A third goal for Spurs rocked us but when Renato brought it back to 3-2 with 25 to play there was a chance that we didn't take to grab a point. However, we put that behind us to win 2-0 over a stubborn QPR, with new signing Anderson showing his quality for the first time in a Liverpool shirt to take home the man of the match award...

ThorErikKjerrgard.jpg

Hopes dashed

It appeared Sir Thor had been wise not to give the cups any priority, as the last two months of the season saw his small squad hit with injuries and suspensions left and right. Struggling to deploy a decent first-eleven in most matches, the quest for a Champions League spot now hung in the balance.

West Ham – Birmingham 4-1

West Brom – West Ham 0-0

West Ham – Wolves 1-1

Norwich – West Ham 1-2

West Ham – Middlesbrough 1-2

Charlton – West Ham 1-3

West Ham – Portsmouth 4-1

Newcastle – West Ham 3-0

And so to the last game of the season, where West Ham, baring any unforeseen incident up at Manchester, would have to travel to The Emirates Stadium and grab a win in order to achieve their goal.

Arsenal pulled an upset by denying their East London rivals with an emphatic 3-1 win.

This put David Moyes’ Manchester City in the driving seat. A point against Pagi’s Middlesbrough would see them overtake West Ham in 4th position.

In front of a rabid 50,000 crowd, City took the game to the visitors and clearly dominated possession. When James Keene broke the deadlock in the 52nd minute, a dejected Thor was spotted in the VIP stands with his hands to his face. The Norwegian knew it was over. Sexy football would not be seducing the Champions League next season.

John Collins grabbed the equalized 3 minutes later with a delicious 35 yard chip, but City were just too strong and soon got back in the lead via a Tim Cahill header.

As the game headed for the closing minutes, Thor had to endure the taunts of manager troll Sam Bouchard, who had made the trip up to Manchester to cheer on the home side. Seated right behind the Norwegian, Sam held up a banner saying UEFA you ******, much to the delight of a jovial home crowd. This was surely not the ending Thor had envisioned.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

But what’s this? Out of nothing, Middlesbrough has got a penalty! It’s Tony Sykes with the chance to score from the spot… 2-2! With 6 minutes to go, surely Pagi’s men can’t cause an upset here… We’re at 90 minutes – the ref should blow his whistle any second now. Oh my goodness! Yakubu is free on the last defender! Can he capitalize? He plays a pinpoint pass to Tony Sykes… GOAL! This is absolutely shocking!

Manchester City 2

James Keene 52

Tim Cahill 61

Middlesbrough 3

Collins John 55

Tony Sykes pen 84, 90

Smiling from ear to ear, Thor gave Sam a one finger salute before doing a happy dance that caused a riot. His private helicopter landed in the middle of the pitch and took Thor away before any harm could come to him. Diabolical! the only way Alan Hansen could describe it.

2010%20PL%20table.bmp

D'Ardenne moves to defend Chelsea manager Jackson and lambasts "Gutless" Murphy.

L'Equipe has recently caught up with Chelsea's chief French scout, ex-Fulham manager Mark D'Ardenne, to discuss his activities in his homeland and also identify what exactly he does to justify his £2 million a year salary, funded by "Red-Rom".

The talented and dashing Frenchman had this to say:

"My role is to identify potential transfer targets in France that can help Chelsea maintain their stranglehold over the premiership. Primarily i will isolate talented youth players, but i also run my eye over potential first team transfer targets should Jackson and Abramovich give me the go ahead.

Indeed i was influential in the signing of Fred, the brazilian lad from lyon, indeed i tipped him as a star to Aulas some years ago.

This leads me to the accusations of "diving", by Liverpool manager Niall Murphy. Something which quite frankly i found shocking. Fred is a decent catholic lad and he would never resort to such base trickery. I would suggest that said manager is merely trying to shirk the main issue...his lack of success at Liverpool. Sure he won the champions league, but at the end of the day its a cup competition and unfancied teams like Liverpool do sometimes win, just like Porto a few years back.

The true test of a teams credentials is always the league, which recquires consistency and continual excellence. Until Liverpool achieve succes in this area Murphy's reign at Liverpool can be considered a failure!"

Here ends the psalm icon_biggrin.gif

RichardLiggins_SheffWed.jpg

The Entertainers

A few people were sceptical as to whether Sheffield Wednesday could carry on their form from the end of last season, which saw the comfortably stay up, and push on towards mid table, and possibly even the playoffs. 4 games in and one thing is for sure - wherever they finish, it's gonna be entertaining.

Crystal Palace 4-4 Sheff Weds

Alex Frei, in his swansong year before retirement, got a debut goal after only 2 mins. He added a second inbetween goals from Kieron Dyer and Michael Chopra, also both making their debuts. Yet having led 2-0 and 4-2, and 93rd minute equalised denied the Owls a good victory against one of the promotion favourites.

Portsmouth 3-2 Sheff Weds

Recently relegated Pompey needed Lady Luck on their side to see of a brave Wednesday team. Frei and Dyer both scored for the visitors, but an Adam Rooney hatrick won it for Pompey. However they ended up playing againsst 9 men, as Steinsson was sent off and Mannone, the Owls keeper, went off injured after all 3 subs had been made.

Sheff Wed 1-2 Cardiff

Cardiff have started the season brigtly, all based on a rugged defence. Despite being outplayed by Sheff Weds, they came away with all 3 points thatnks to 2 defensive errors. Thomas Henry's last minute consolation was all the Owls had to show for their afternoon's work.

Sheff Wed 6-1 Coventry

2 mins in, 1-0 down, the home fans could be forgiven for feeling restless. Yet a stunning 88 minutes followed. Chopra (3) Weber, Dyer and Henry got the goals in this rout.

4 games in, 4 points won. Yet the performances have been far better than the results suggest. This could be an interesting season...

skylogo_default.gif

In response to Mark D'Ardenne's comments Niall Murphy, was firstly left in a state of confusion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">D'Ardenne? Who is that exactly? The fourth member of the three muppets? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When prompted that D'Ardenne was in fact a former EPL manager at Fulham, Murphy's memory was suddenly jogged.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ah yes, I remember now and you say that D'Ardenne is discussing failure. Well as we all know, the stroppy Frenchman was well known for his failure to provide any success at several clubs in the Premiership, including I do believe, relegating a great club such as Newcastle.

Asking D'Ardenne about anything regarding football is akin taking financial advice from a loan shark. A complete waste of time and something that will only prove to have dangerous consequences for those who are foolish enough to listen. D'Ardenne is best left to his semi retirement, tending to his sheep in the outer Mongolia mountains, while busily stroking his hermit beard over the transfer policies of the Premiership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BenJackson.jpg

So the 2011/12 season is underway and after a frustrating few weeks with no players arriving, we finally managed to bring in three quality players to bring the squad back upto full strength. 20m was spent on bringing in outstanding centre back Hedwiges Maduro from Sevilla, 5m was spent on the skillful defensive midfielder Tacio from Real Madrid and goal scoring attacking midfielder Sergio Aguero arrived for 15m from Sunderland.

Several departures also happened with the most notably being Ledley King going to title rivals Liverpool for 4m and also Andrea Barzagli going to Man City for 9m but with the three signings that i've brought, I feel we have a stronger first team than last season.

With the first average age of the first team being around 25, the future of the club looks like it'll continue to be as successful as the previous few seasons have been.

We kicked off the season with a close game in the Charity Shield up against Niall's Liverpool team which ended up with us winning 1-0 with Lampard tucking away a well placed penalty after Seva (Not Senna as old man Murphy seems to think icon_wink.gif) had hacked down Fred in the box and the referee had no choice but to award a penalty. We then shut up shop and kept out Liverpool who never seemed to get into the game to win yet another Charity Shield which has always been an indication of who'll win the title with us having won the previous 4 years and going on to win the title.

The first game of the Premiership saw us taking on Leeds away which saw us come away with a 4-2 win with two goals from Fred, a debut goal for Tacio and Gonzalez wrapping things up to get us off to a great start.

The next game saw us up against Arsenal who we've always have difficult games against so it wasn't a surprise when Defoe took on the defence and scored past Cech to put them in the lead and it looked like we wouldn't find a way back into the match in the first half until the last three minutes when we took control with goals from Fred, Gilardino and a first goal for Aguero who also scored a second goal right at the end to

make it 4-1 and put the result beyond doubt.

So things are looking good so far and with Liverpool slipping up against Spurs, the early momentum has switched to us so we should be looking to really push on and pull away at the top of the table.

skylogo_default.gif

Jackson fires back in Cheat row

Sky Sports got the views of Chelsea manager Ben Jackson after the astonishing verbal tirade launched at him by Liverpool manager Niall Murphy after their match in the Charity Shield, in which Chelsea won 1-0 after Lampard had tucked away the penalty after what looked like a clear penalty after Seva had rugby tackled Fred to the floor in the box.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The pressure of managing a top club has clearly got to the Liverpool manager as it was a clear penalty on Fred by Seva which the referee had no choice but to award and suggestions that my players would maliciously take out players delibrately is completely ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jackson also fired back in the row over Seva who Liverpool stole (typical scousers icon_wink.gif) from under the noses of Chelsea in pre-season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It would help if Niall could remember the names of his players as he reckons he signed a player called Senna and not Seva. Clearly old age is catching up with him and at this rate, he'll turn into Bobby Robson and start calling all his players whathisname, thingy and that bloke over there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

skylogo_default.gif

Murphy re-ignites Jackson row

On hearing Jackson's claims that Murphy did not know the names of his players, Murphy was quick to point jackson back in the direction of his own club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Look, jackson may think he's being smart but the whole world knows that he is only trying to deflect attention away from the corrupt regime of which he is in charge. If Chelsea can buy any player in the world - who is to say that Jackson hasn't also got the mobile number of half of the Premiership's referees? And he is clearly getting confused. I am of course famous for writing my tactics on a pack of Marly Lights, but in typical scouse wit fashion we have named Seva, Senna after the famous formula one driver Ayrton Senna. This is because Seva is so fast he reminds us of the Brazilian in his Ferrari. Age has nothing to do with it. The only age problem around these days is the age of the Chelsea squad who must be near to drawing their pension! icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

skylogo_default.gif

-----BREAKING NEWS-----

Sky Sports can exclusively reveal that the former Fulham great and fans favourite is NOT a goat herder, we can however confirm that D'Ardenne is sporting a fetching beard in tandem with a chest wig.

D'Ardenne took time out from his busy schedule of "Television X...Kleenex...Repeat", to condemn "Mr.Potato Head"...ahem...Niall Murphy, for his continual belligerence and general managerial waywardness.

"Throughout my time as a manager in England, terrible country that it is, there was one persistent nagging pain that perturbed me so. It was then Everton manager Niall Murphy, a certifiable example for the implementation of sterilisation. Constantly harping on about potato this and potato that. Throughout his time at big clubs he achieved very little, but was never afraid to venture his unwelcome opinion.

In France we have a phrase which translates roughly as "The cockerel that crows most loudly has no hens", i would furthermore suggest that he has no straw or chickencoop!

It is a despicable act to blame myself for the relegation of Newcastle, i was continually undermined by Freddy Shepherd, and left long before the end of the season.

To that end i offer a simple piece of advice as i attempt to culture the unculturable.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Its better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and confirm it.

Auf wiedersehen!"

Thanks Mark for joining us, and now back to our "fans poll"....

Should Niall Murphy be sacked for underachievement

Yes: 99.9%

No: 0.01%(Mo stop calling your wasting your money)

Frenchy if you're going to try and be a smart arse (well we all know you have perfected the arse side of the equation) - it is best to get the phrase right.

It is, "it is better to be thought an idiot than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Something you would do well to take on board.

Now I'll let you get back to your right hand...

Au revoir. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived