EPL Challenge (The Ultimate Premier League Experience)

Fulham_MD.jpg

Fulham on the up?

My assistant manager managed to throw a winnable game against Danny's West Ham to the dogs, losing 2-0. I'm severely considering demoting him. Danny also managed to injure Dean Bowditch, one of my few fit strikers, but luckily he wouldn't miss a game.

Tainio returned from injury, and after having him at Sunderland, I knew he would be a major player in my midfield here at Fulham. He can pass the ball well and dictate the game, which is a very useful ability lacking in many of our other midfielders.

I put a bid in for a striker I like, worth £3 million over 2 seasons, with only £1M up front. The other club accepted and this transfer will be announced when finalized.

We then beat Portsmouth 3-1 in a very even game. I had to risk Bowditch even though he was carrying a minor injury, and Pompey took the lead through Priske in one minute. Torghelle equalized on the seventeenth, and three minutes later, Bowditch added one to put us 2-1 up. Cannavaro conceded a penalty, which our heroic keeper saved, and Micah Richards was carried off injured for Pompey.

Half time arrived, and I subbed Tainio off for Pratley, and Bowditch for Ben-Shoshan. Pompey came out all guns blazing, but we kept them at bay. I made a late substitution of Denilson on for the tiring Absalonsen, which sealed the game when Denilson fired in a cross and Ben-Shoshan passed it back for Torghelle to add his second.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fulham_MD.jpg

After a lot of messing around...

We replayed the last session for the THIRD time. So I sorted out my tactics (AGAIN) and released three crap coaches (AGAIN) and signed a new coach (predictably, again).

Dean Bowditch grabbed a brace and sent Newcastle United home with nothing in a 2-0 win but we still sit behind Bolton in 18th, as they turned Chelsea over.

Bolton.jpg

Lets do the time warp again.

That’s right time travel is possible just ask any current manager in EPL icon_eek.gif, but a hitch in time saves nine, or so they say, however in this case a hitch in time saves 3pts, puts Bolton one point and one place above Matts Sunderland leaving the bottom three in there wake as they hit form and push up the league.

Marc Debtu went missing got sacked leaving Bolton 18th and six points off safety so the only option for the Bolton chairman was to employ his brother Marc Debieux II and watch the sort of form the previous manager had promised at the start of the season, it started with a six pointer away to pompey and 1-0 victory got the ball rolling then we gave Boro a mauling at home winning 3-0 with man of the match Aranda scoring a brace, next up Arsenal away losing 3-0 couldn’t dampen spirits even with Bens Chelsea in town next.

Bolton 1 - 0 Chelsea

Nolan

A magical Nolan free kick separated a close match, Chelsea had more possession but Bolton had the better of the chances , the fans were overjoyed to beat the pompous cash machine that is Chelsea tacking extra delight with Dr Ben in charge (invented time travel) icon_wink.gif

With Bolton on a roll and Fulham picking up points again it leads to an exciting battle at the bottom with neither Marc or Matt ready to concead defeat in this tight race.

icon_biggrin.gif

Chelsea.jpg

Burn The PC

After the whydidibothertryingtoupdatemypcasi'mstupidgate scandal, the Special one is back in charge of the best team in England icon_biggrin.gif so you can all breath a sigh of relief as I know you've all been missing my reports icon_wink.gif.

SQUAD OVERVIEW

First Team

Petr Cech GK (25) - Probably the best keeper in the Premiership, Cech commands his area extremely well and is a great shotstopper.

Rafinha D/WB/M R (22) - Bought for 12.5m, Rafina is an exciting attacking fullback but is very capable of defending when needed.

Asier Del Horno D/WB L (27) - Del Horno is a consistent fullback who likes to get forward, giving good support to Duff down the left.

John Terry D C (27) - The captain and one of the first name's on the team sheet, Terry leads by example and drives the team on when needed.

Andrea Barzagli D C (26) - Arriving for 15m, Barzagli looks to have the qualities to form a formidable defensive partnership with Terry.

Arjen Robben AM RL (24) - Robben is a fantastic winger who's equally comfortable on either wing, frightens teams with his bundles of pace.

Giampiero Pinzi WB R, DM, M RC (26) - The link between the defence and attack, Pinzi is the engine room of the team.

Frank Lampard AM C (29) - A superb midfielder who can do everything, Lampard is very good at getting into the box to support the strikers.

Damien Duff AM L (28) - Duff offers a great balance to the side, he likes to take on players and swing in great crosses to the strikers.

Mirco Vucinic F C (24) - The most expensive signing at 17.5m, Vucinic is a quality striker with great upper body strength and a eye for goal.

Michael Owen ST (28) - With bags of pace, Owen is a world class striker who's the club's record signing and can be relied upon to score 20+ goals.

Rest Of The Squad

Paulo Ferreira D R (29) - A solid dependable fullback, Ferriera will probably only play if Rafinha gets injured.

Ledley King D C, DM (27) - Can play either at centre back or defensive midfield, King will still have a hard job displacing either Terry or Barzagli.

Michael Essien D C, M RC (25) - Very versatile player, Essien probably won't be play much but will offer quality cover if needed.

Tomas Rosicky AM C (29) - Quality passer of the ball, Rosicky would be in the first team but for the quality of Lampard.

Joe Cole AM RLC (26) - Able to play left wing, right wing or attacking midfield, Cole offers great versatilaty and is can be depended on when needed.

Albert Luque AM L, ST (29) - Luque is equally good on the left wing as he is up front but has very strong competition so not likely to play much.

Eidur Gudjohnsen F C (29) - A proven Premiership quality striker, Gudjohnsen will keep Vucinic and Owen on their toes as he'll do the job if called upon.

Premier League

9th February 2008

Bolton 1

Nolan 45

Chelsea 0

A game where one team took their chances and the other one didn't, unfortunately we were the team that didn't take our chances with the game being decided when Nolan scored for Marc's Bolton team to seal the three points for them. We need to start taking our chances if we're to really challenge for the title this season and losing to teams like Bolton won't help icon_wink.gif.

UEFA Cup 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

14th February 2008

Trabzonspor 0

Mehmet Sent Off 52

Chelsea 2

Owen 7, Robben 8

Two goals in the first eight minutes won the game for us. A typical poacher's goal from Owen and a superb thunderbolt of a shot that went in off a post from Robben gave our opponents too much to do to get back into the game. We're looking good for a strong challenge for the UEFA Cup too although Dave's Birmingham team and Niall's Liverpool team are still in the competition, not that they'll be much competition but thought i'd mention it icon_razz.gif.

FA Cup 5th Round

17th February 2008

Newcastle 2

Boumsong 18, Ameobi 49

Chelsea 1

Owen 15

Despite scoring first, we somehow gave away two sloppy goals to gift the three points to Newcastle. The one positive was the Owen goal which he beat a couple defenders before slotting away. Our Premiership challenge will get de-railed if we don't sort our away form out and quickly icon_frown.gif.

The top of the table is still extremely tight and a number of teams are still in with a chance of winning the title. I've agreed a couple of bosman deals with a keeper and centre back to bolster the squad as we're a bit low on numbers when injuries hit but they won't be here till the summer so we'll have to manage with what we've got.

Can we do the Premiership and UEFA Cup double??? Here's hoping icon_biggrin.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> losing to teams like Bolton won't help .

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you mean superior teams ike Bolton icon15.gif

plus why is your badge in Crystal Palace colours?

Just thought id point out that it was me that "applied" at your site but seeing as it wasnt taken seriously at all i wish i hadnt bothered.

If your gonna advertise for new players you should at least take time and actually vet some of the applicants instead of just dismissing people so flippantly.

No offence intended im sure mate, its just that there have been a procession of toss applications in the past few months and alot of us have wasted alot of time trying to coax information out of people, only to find there answers flippant and limited.

Im sure if you reapply now Niall knows your serious(i think he thought it was a joke last time)then you will be duly considered on the basis of your reputation and application. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keedo666:

No offence intended im sure mate, its just that there have been a procession of toss applications in the past few months and alot of us have wasted alot of time trying to coax information out of people, only to find there answers flippant and limited.

Im sure if you reapply now Niall knows your serious(i think he thought it was a joke last time)then you will be duly considered on the basis of your reputation and application. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed - 1/10 are actually normal, you could well hae slipped through the net icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bell:

I guessed that you get a huge amount of rubbish applicants..

What days do you play out of interest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tuesday's, Thursday's and Sunday's 7/7.30 to half 11 normally.

Check out the rules and jargon on the website - should have all you want to know dude.

EPL Challenge Rules

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bell:

Just thought id point out that it was me that "applied" at your site but seeing as it wasnt taken seriously at all i wish i hadnt bothered.

If your gonna advertise for new players you should at least take time and actually vet some of the applicants instead of just dismissing people so flippantly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offence Bell but I don't need your advice on how to recruit players for a game that's been running since CM4. But thanks for applying and taking an interest in the game. :thup

We usually look for more information though on players than what you provided in any case, so I had thought it was a wind up.

Thanks for clearing up that it wasn't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

leave it andy, epl rules icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

talking to me? i havent even postedanything lol icon_razz.gif

Sunderland_Diprose.jpg

A Good Spell

First off, I'm talking about Sunderland, so sorry to disappoint all you Harry Potter fans out there - you got the wrong end of my stick icon_wink.gif

This is another bloody long update really, there's been a ton of confusion the last few weeks and it's all been building up in this time...

So, let's get the reports under way.

28th November 2007, 19:45

League Cup Fourth Round

Sunderland 3

Whitehead 14

Bowditch 44

Kuqi 56

Everton 0

A flowing counter attack led to Whitehead's opener, with Bowditch switching the play, leaving Whitehead in acres of space to finish with a cheeky chip. Bowditch ran through the defence in a second break just before the half time whistle, rounding the keeper and slotting home. With a feather in their cap, the team came out and consolidated their 5th Round place with a very composed finish from Kuqi; Everton's League Cup campaign is well and truly over. icon_smile.gif

1st December 2007, 15:00

Sunderland 3

Sousa 3

Bowditch 12, 15

Leeds 2

Muller 43

Kuffour 83

Two goals came from excellent free kicks, the first from Sousa and the second belonging to Muller. Deano Bowditch was on fire in the opening half hour, capitalising on Leeds' defensive frailties to put the Mackems three up. Leeds didn't give up, however, and clawed their way back into the match and gave me a very nervy last 10 minutes.

5th December 2007, 20:00

Sunderland 0

Charlton 0

Dave got very lucky today; Sunderland dominated the match, and the defence was extrememly well oiled, not even allowing Charlton a shot. However, Kiely had a stormer in goal for the Addicks, and meant that they took an extremely undeserved point from the game.

8th December 2007, 15:00

Tottenham 3

Adu 42

Cavenaghi 46

Defoe pen. 68

Sunderland 0

The points went to the right team in the end, but the margin of victory was an unfair reflection on the match. Just a point, Pagi seems to be turning into my nemesis icon_frown.gif

15th December 2007, 15:00

Sunderland 1

Markel pen. 68

Fulham 0

Following the penalty conceded by de Cler, Fulham pressed forward in search of an equaliser, and often left gaps in their defence. My defence managed to hold firm, but the game should have been won comfortably in the end after numerous chances went begging, despite being the weaker side in the first half.

19th December 2007, 19:45

League Cup Quarter Final

Sunderland 3

Kamara 22

Bowditch 59

Tainio 71

Tottenham 3

Cavenaghi 20, 90+1

Maghoma 70

Sunderland win 3-2 on penalties

Tottenham started the better side, but the team was encouraged by an immediate reply. An inspirational half time talk caused the team to come out blazing, and Bowditch fired us 2-1 up on the hour. Ten minutes later, Maghoma dragged Spurs level, but seconds later Tainio capitalised on a Spurs defensive mix-up and from then on it was all one way, or so it seemed. Sunderland should have put the result beyond all reasonable doubt after a catalogue of chances, but it was not to be, and Cavenaghi forced extra time with a goal from a break at the death. Extra time presented no winner, so it went to penalties.

Sunderland: Arca scored, Crespo scored, Lawrence scored, Markel missed, Commons missed

Tottenham: Cavenaghi scored, Maghoma scored, Keane missed, Kerlon missed, Davenport missed

Leao was magnificent in goal in the shoot out, saving two and doing enough to distract Davenport from scoring.

22nd December 2007, 15:00

Birmingham 1

Dagoberto 36

Sunderland 1

Crespo 73

Dagoberto got lucky with a deflected effort to put the Brum ahead, and it was a boring match until Crespo entered the fray on the hour, soon scoring. He gave the team something else, and we were all over the Birmingham defence for the last 25 minutes, but could not steal the points.

26th December 2007, 15:00

Sunderland 1

Bowditch 69

Everton 2

Davies 19

Mills o.g. 27

Not much to say, except that I missed the game due to having eaten too much bloody turkey, and that my assisntant manager is a gimp. I mean, he played Mills ffs, that says it all...

29th December 2007, 15:00

Sunderland 0

Manchester City 2

Bautista 13

Drogba 51

It was a pretty poor showing for Sunderland, there was no creative spark, no final ball, and no composure at the back: two well-taken goals earnt City the points today.

1st January 2008, 19:30

Wigan 2

Elliott 31

Bullard 90

Zokora s.o. 34

Sunderland 1

Kuqi 60

Wigan started the match the better side but, after Zokora's sending off, the match was well and truly dominated by my Sunderland side. Kuqi did well to grab an equaliser, but a hatful of other chances went amiss, and Wigan blew a feckin' huge raspberry in my face by scoring on the break, right at the death, to steal the points. Morale is looking a bit low at the moment after a very poor run of form in the league; I hope that the FA Cup match with Crewe will help to raise the squad.

5th January 2008, 15:00

FA Cup 3rd Round

Sunderland 1

Crespo 55

Crewe 0

Crewe brought the game to us today, and were unfortunate not to earn a replay. Morale looks a bit better, but the squad is looking very bare at the minute, not to say lacking in confidence.

9th January 2008, 19:45

League Cup Semi-Final, First Leg

Sunderland 1

Viduka 21

Portsmouth 1

Viafara 15

This was a pretty uneventful match; injuries were the main reason for a bit-part, make shift team, which was probably the reason for a pretty poor showing. However, I cannot complain at the result, and hope that faces will be available for the return leg in a couple of weeks.

12th January 2008

Sunderland 0

Newcastle 2

N'Zogbia 1

Kerzhakov 45

Kerzhakov m/pen 15

League form is looking very dire at the moment, a shame about the result here as it was not entirely deserved: new signing Custodio hit the woodwork twice, and Kuqi the bar once also, but Newcastle had the better of possession and, tellingly, took their chances, leaving the board unhappy with me.

19th January 2008, 15:00

West Ham 2

Cani 21

Noble 47

Sunderland 1

Whitehead 62

Watt s.o.

Steven Watt was sent off in a fiery match that I unfortunately missed due to traffic. Despite injuring numerous players in burgundy shirts, my assistant manager still couldn't pull off a win, and I'm now insecure icon_frown.gif

23rd January 2008, 19:45

League Cup Semi-Final, Second Leg

Portsmouth 1

Sutton 45

Sunderland 2

Viduka 4, 38

Sunderland win 3-2 on aggregate.

Throughhhhhhhhhh to the final!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif It'll be against Arsenal but I don't care, if they play a weakened side, which hope they do, we have every chance of walking away with some silverware! The board was actually happy with me for once here! icon_smile.gif

26th January 2008, 15:00

FA Cup 4th Round

Oldham 0

Sunderland 2

Aguero 81

Kuqi 82

It was a crap start to the game, though the defence held up well. After 20 minutes, it was all one way traffic, but the team left it late before knockin in two in quick succession to book a 5th round berth.

30th January 2008, 19:45

Sunderland 2

Custodio 2

Sousa 4

Portsmouth 1

Hume 73

Confidence and morale was high for this game, and the explosive started showed this. Within quarter of an hour, we already had 8 shots on target, and had restricted Pompey to no shots at all. Leao produced some fine saves in goal, but was beaten towards the end by a fluke mis-hit from Hume; no real pressure was felt, and the points were ours. Now up to 15th, and beginning to pull away from the relegation zone now, though our poor goal difference could hinder us.

2nd February 2008, 15:00

Middlesboro' 0

Pogatetz s.o. 6

Sunderland 3

Custodio 31

Markel 46

Aguero pen. 87

Boro played a 3-4-3 formation today, and were simply asking for a whipping after having Pogatetz sent off, by continuing with a 2-4-3 formation. icon_biggrin.gif Morale is on fire at the moment, the squad is improving game by game, and relegation is... hey, what relegation dogfight?! icon_wink.gif

9th February 2008, 15:00

Sunderland 2

Lawrence 11

Arca pen. 17

Arsenal 0

Lawrence scored from 25 yards, the ball deflecting off 2 players and bobbling over the line, after Lehmann made a good save from Kuqi and cockup simultaneously. Touré fouled Kuqi in the area, and Arca stepped up to slot home for an unlikely 2-0 lead. Kuqi should have added a third on what was a poor day for Arsenal, with Reyes having perhaps the worst game of his life shooting and passing wise. If this is what Arsenal will be like in the Cup final soon, then it's as good as Sunderland's icon_biggrin.gif

16th February 2008, 15:00

FA Cup 5th Round

Sunderland 1

Aguero 38

Tottenham 3

Cavenaghi 44

Defoe 70

Kerlon 81

We were the better side for the first 43 minutes, taking the lead, but Cavenaghi did well to pull the spuds level, and this spurred them on. However, Pagi had to bring on that gimp Defoe before anything else of note happened, i.e. Defoe scored straight away icon_mad.gif

Kerlon added a third, to once again make a pretty even match look one sided; if all the Sunderland team had played with the belief and determination that Aguero did, I'm sure the result would have been different. And on a side note, thank fusk that pagi has sold Defoe to Arsenal, maybe I can win a league game against him now? angryfire.gif

Transfer News

In:

<LI>Custodio, DM/M C - Part/ex - Fulham

<LI>Aguero, AM/F C - Part/ex - Fulham

<LI>Wurtz, DMC - Loan - Fulham

<LI>Rossi, AM/F C - Loan - Spurs

<LI>Trejo, FC - £650,000 - Boca

<LI>Saivet, FC - Bosman, arriving July 2008 (can't remember what club he's at)

Out:

<LI>Bowditch - Part/ex - Fulham

<LI>Tainio - Part/ex - Fulham

<LI>McShane - Part/ex - Fulham

There were some other moves in and out, but these are all minor and were more out of interest that need.

My scouts have been very busy lately, in my search to strengthen the squad in the summer. I am looking at a new goalkeeper, defender, left-sided midfielder and a new striker. To create the funds for said positions, I am willing to sell perhaps my biggest asset in Julio Arca, as I have a good replacement lined up if he decides to move on, but not for less than about £7.5-8 million. Hopefully a strong finish will result in a good sized transfer kitty, and I won't have to offload Arca icon_smile.gif .

I'm knackered.

The Prodigal Son Returns

Middlesbrough fans were last night rejoicing as the most successful manager in their club's history, UEFA Cup winning manager Richard Liggins, returns for another stint in charge of the North East club. He will have a tought task to repeat the feat this time around though, with the club left in a perilous state by the previous clwon, sorry incumbent; went by the name of Joe, nah I don't remember him either. With the club left £6million in the red and having made a loss of £20mil since the start of the season, and with the squad left with only 2 established CB's, (I'm not including Francisco "fukin" Pavon in that 2) a relegation dogfight could be on the cards if Liggins doesn't work some miracles.

Matches so far...

Boro 1-2 Leeds

A disappointing return to the helm, with the side failing to raise their game to 19th place Leeds. To be fair, we created enough chances to win, but poor defending (I made the mistake of playing Pavon) gave Leeds an early 2-0 lead, which couldn't be overturned.

Spurs 0-2 Boro

With Spurs rid of the numpty Pagi and under the leadership of Pagi II, a trip away to title contenders Spurs looked daunting. To get to half time at 0-0 was pleasing, with the game finely balanced after an even first half. The second half was a different story, as Yakubu (60, 65) finished off 2 chances to give Boro the advantage. Despite Schwarzer then making good saves to earn the man of the match award, Robinson in the other goal also pulled off further saves, and the 3 points were deserved for the gritty performance from the lads. "Beaky, what's the score?" were the chants aimed at Dr Pagi II at the end, who'd had a gutful.

Boro 2-1 Fulham

Anothre brace from Yakubu guided Boro to a win that was far more comfortable than the scoreline suggests. Matt Doughnut's Fulham really are in trouble if this performance is anything to go by, as for 87 minutes they were played off the park, with only a late goal sparking a few nervous moments for the home side.

So, 3 games in and 6 points won, a decent start. It's a shame Leeds weren't seen off, as we'd be on 42 points and well in contention for an unlikely European spot. All that's left to play for now this season is as high a finish in the league as possible, to get some much needed prize money into the coffers.

Up the Boro icon14.gif

liverpool.gif

Murphy hanging in there

They pay me a lot of money in this job to make decisions. Today I have justifed my wage by making the decision to get rid of Ben's logo for Liverpool. The reason is two fold. Firstly, I much prefer the badge above. It looks better. And secondly, the damn thing has brought me nothing but rotten luck and knowing the lengths Mr Jackson will go to to scupper my chances of success, I wouldn't be surprised if he had performed a little bit of voodoo magic on the badge and sat that doing a wee hocus pocus jig every time Liverpool took to the field. Lets also skip over the fact he almost magic'ed away the game when being trusted with the relatively simple role of hosting the game!! Anyway, Ben's badge is no more and hopefully Murphy's luck will turn. icon_smile.gif

Yes it's been an amazing week. Not a ball was kicked in the EPL for a week, yet we had accusations, outraged tempers, denials, counter accusations, hissy fit walkouts, threats to quit. More scandal than an episode of Eastenders, Emmerdale and Corrie rolled into one. Well so i hear, I don't watch em myself. icon_smile.gif Yet we are back and the football is back on and the banter is free flowin again. icon14.gif

Turning to matters on the pitch, Murphy is still at Anfield, hanging on by the last thread of skin on his nads while the fans want me out and the chairman delivers almost daily votes of confidence. And Frenchy lurks like a downtrodden vulture, hoping to pop into MIRC at the very second Murphy gets the sack so he can chortle and point. Well, he has got sod all else to do and has been sacked so many times that he must feel he needs his day in the sun. icon_biggrin.gif

Of course it's all rather unfair. Not that I like to moan about it. icon_wink.gif Injuries have left me with one fit striker for two months as Podolski, Kikin Fonseca and Peter Crouch all underwent lengthy spells on the sidelines. Throw in Stevie Gerrard, John Arne Riise, Xabi Alonso and you have a general idea of what a nightmare season it has been. Despite this, Murphy sits in 5th, only 8 points behind the leaders Man City with 9 to play. We are still in the UEFA and FA Cups. So if I last the season but am not invited to return for the next one, Murphy's aim is to go out with a trophy then put the pressure on that lovely man, Mr. Hill-Wood, to let me replace the Great Arsene Wenger. icon_biggrin.gif

On the pitch.

UEFA Cup 2nd KO Round

Roma 0 - 1 Liverpool

With Roma boss Cesar Ferrando also tetering on the edge of the chop this was a crucial game for both managers. Liverpool lined up in 4-5-1 formation and as most of the squad finally returned from injury we were almost at full strength for the first time this season. Roma sit 9th in the Italian Serie A and although they had most of the possession, Liverpool showed the greater insiveness throughout the evening. The game was won when Milito picked out top scorer Djibril Cisse who powered home a trademark finish to set us up nicely for the return leg at Anfield.

FA Cup 4th & 5th Rounds

West Brom 0 - 2 Liverpool

Liverpool 2 - 0 Q.P.R.

No problems against the two champonship sides setting up a tough Quarter Final away to Newcastle who sit 7th in the Premiership.

FA Barclaycard Premiership

Charlton 2 - 1 Liverpool

This game summed up the luck I've been having all season. With Dave Williams leaving an impressive side down at the Valley this is quite a tough assignment. On the day Liverpool were comfortable defending a 1-0 lead given to us by Morten Gamst Pedersen in the 41st minute. That was until the 89th minute when Charlton's first notable attack for quite some time saw substitute Sergey Kisily head home an equaliser for the Addicks. F*** Off....On 93 minutes I was hit by a thunderbolt free kick from just outside the box by Marko Babic. 2-1 game over and another night going to bed in a foul mood was ensured....Luckily Mrs Murphy was asleep. icon_biggrin.gif

Liverpool 0 - 0 Man Utd

Denied time and again by a wonder performance by Tim Howard the best save being when Cisse was supplied with a tap in and Howard got across the goal to keep it out...a ridiculous save really. Robbed of two more points.

Bolton 2 - 2 Liverpool

Next it was off to Marc Debieux's Bolton Wanderers where I was expecting a tough game and got it. Liverpool weren't helped by number one goalkeeper Isaksson picking up an injury before the game, meaning we had to throw in Scott Carson who was on poor morale. Thus Bolton scored with their first two shots as Carson had a mare and Vaz Te was ripping into Svec down our right flank. Fortunately we got back into the game on 38 minutes when Bolton went to sleep on a throw in deep in their half. Pedersen crossing to Brazilian star Renato, whose cross shot was turned in by the ever dangerous Cisse.

At half time Svec was replaced by Basta who got more control over the Bolton attackers and steadied the Liverpool defence as we pressed incessantly for the equaliser. But with Jussi on fire in the Bolton goal it looked as if our pressure would not be rewarded with a goal that was richly deserved. Then on 86 minutes a moment of inspiration from man of the match Gerrard who justified his £110K a week pay packet with a sublime ball to Cisse who finished beautifully to tie up the game. All in all a fair result but Bolton put up a good fight for a side struggling near the bottom and Debieux looks well capable of saving their skins this season and progressing next.

Liverpool 3 - 1 Sunderland

Next up it was Steven Diprose's Sunderland side who had surpassed all expectations to reach the final of the Carling Cup. On the day, Sunderland played well but Liverpool's players are on a different level to the Mackems and today we made it count. Returning £25m record signing Podolski setting Cisse away for number one. On 16 minutes it was effectively game over as Renato played in Podolski for the second. Finally on 50 minutes, Cisse robbed Julio Arca who was dawdling on the ball to race in and thump in the 3rd for his 20th League goal of the season. A late reply from Sunderland through a free kick. Diprose was disappointed but in my opinion has worked wonders in the North East and has proved to be a capable boss.

Current EPL Table

fmseason3.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Diprose ... has worked wonders in the North East and has proved to be a capable boss.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Though I'd better turn this cruddy run of form around sharpish icon_frown.gif

AstonVilla.jpg

Bouncing Back....With Bouchard and Sir Alan Of Partridge

Aahhhh haaaaa! Welcome all to the update and appreciation thread for the future Champions of England, and rulers of the world, Aston Villa Football Club.

With only a handful of points between league leaders Manchester City and the soon to be Champions Villa, Sam Bouchard has brought in Alan Partridge to join him on the bench and help motivate his players for the final few games building up to the climax in May.

FA Cup - 5th Round

Aston Villa: [5] Lopez, Carrick(2), Potter, Moore

Lincoln City: [0]

A fairly simple game looking back against Lincoln, with the League Two outfit not really creating much of a threat throughout. With a very comfortable 1-0 score at the hour mark, Bouchard decided to bring on three subs in the form of Carrick, Potter and Moore - of which Alan prepared. All three men came on and between them scored 4, firmly sealing up the game and Villa's place in the next round.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alan Partridge

I gave the boys some quick and sharp suggestions....Move and fire and move and fire and move and fire! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FA Premier League - Game 26

Aston Villa: [6] Lopez, Johnson(2), Baros(2), Garcia

Bolton: [3] Vazte, Peirone(2)

What an pefrect advert for the EPL Challenge. It was a stunning game which involved 9 goals, some real twists and turns but overall some very good sportsmanship. The respect between the two managers was there before the game, but after whitnessing such a breathtaking event both men settled down with a few beers and re-watched the game afterwards.

Eddie Johnson didn't seem to be on form having missed a whole heap of chances for Villa in the first half hour, but just as the knife was coming down, he went and scored a perfect strikers goal. After Lopez's first very early on, and then Johnson's just after the half hour mark it was up to Baros to keep up the pressure on Bolton before half time, and that he did scoring neat goal.

Marc Debieux's side faught back with a goal just after half time, really sparking up their team's appetite for the game. A superb Garcia goal with 17 minutes to go gave Debieux the impression that at 4-1 his side couldn't come back into it, however not 30 seconds after Vazte scored a beautiful chip over Schmeichael to give the Bolton manager hope. An equally excuisit chip at the other end soon followed a few minutes after with Johnson taking full credit for the goal he created and finished himself. A late goal from either side meant the game would end 6-3, a fair yet stunning game ended with everybody in the ground applauding. Even Alan Partridge was seen raising a tray of 'ladyboys' in honour of the Away side's performance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alan Partridge

Classic Queen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FA Premier League - Game 27

Man Utd: [0]

Aston Villa: [0]

An absolute Bore Draw...zzz...

An anagram of Alan Partridge is Grate Drain Pal...and I worked that out during the first half. The game was like overtaking a National Express coach.....a very long and drawn out affair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FA Premier League - Game 28

Sunderland: [0]

Aston Villa: [0] Paul(71)

A boring, dull Sunderland walkover-ish game, full of Steve-O's influencial touches nearly killed off the traveling team and their support - however the introduction of Shane Paul mid way through the second half FINALLY added a spark.

The young Villa startlet shone through a shoddy away display and bagged a goal for the team and support that he adores so dearly! He dove onto the floor right infront of the fans before running towards the manager and jumping through the air towards him. Thankfully, Bouchard was smart enough to notice the wet mud all over his shirt and ducked out of the way, however Mr Partridge wasn't do lucky and caught the player flat on....much to everybody's ammusement....even Lynne's....icon_biggrin.gif

This is my Sports Casual Collection, i'm not bothered if it gets slightly messy, There's been some kind of conspiracy to deprive me of viewers on TV, but now i'm Prime Time and loving it! So put that in your pipe Lynne, and why not smoke it too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FA Premier League - Game 26

Aston Villa: [3] Johnson, Baros, Barry(Pen)

Southampton: [0]

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful....that is all icon_biggrin.gif

The away support boo'd Partridge the whole way through the game, for him taunting them when Villa were in possession. To the ammusement of the Villa fans I may add, however not to those following the Saints. Serious verbal abuse was shouted at him, he only had one thing to say about it...

Flatly my dear, I dont riverdance icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmmYouEffSee:

Aahhhh haaaaa! Welcome all to the update and appreciation thread for the future Champions of England, and rulers of the world, Aston Villa Football Club.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aahhhh haaaaa indeed ... hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa icon_wink.gif

Awaiting new badge icon_wink.gif

Down and Out

Well, after a loss to Chelsea, and a 2-2 draw with Villa, Fulham are all but down, and I decided to press myself out rather than be forced out, so I accepted a job at Willem II, making me the first EPL manager in Europe.

I immediately set about sorting out training, as well as the board agreeing to improve the facilities I brought in a couple of new coaches, and placed some bids on some players with bright futures.

"Doughnut ruins Fulham"...real surprise there then!

Oh and Niall cheers for deleting/removing my epl forum account, nice move there. Also whilst i was there as Ligs, you really showed your true colours there, being a spiteful vindictive idiot....congrats on that!

Very happy that i quit EPL having to be honest found you to be an unpleasant two faced person(i.e. accusing anyone who is doing well of cheating when there not there, and when they are there being nice, im sure you did the same to me, shame you dont have the guts to just talk to someone to there face.

No wonder so many p[layers who made this clan great have left, and no this is not just me i an in contact with other people.

Hey, it's not Niall's fault that you and goat are so immature - you left the clan off your own backs, so why try and ruin the fun for everyone else? A jokes a joke, but you last night were, to be frank, a sad act.

If all you can do is try and stir **** from outside, then theres no point in you being about.

Now do us a favour and bugger off icon_smile.gif

Umm i was just having a joke amnd if someone ahd contacted me on msn or in a pm and said "stop it" then we would of! The only MSN contact i had was when i msn'ed ben and he called me an asshole with a wink, so all that needed to be done was say to stop in a serious context and i would of! As for deleteing my epl accout i thought it was unneccesary, but then as you may find out Niall enjoys a good back stabbing!

Oi Ben, where's my badge? icon_razz.gif

Middlesbrough fans were left wandering what miht have been, if only Richard Liggins had taken over a couple of months earlier. There current form has seen Liggins win 4 of his 6 games in charge, and robbed in the other 2. There's still a (very) outside chance of Europe, but things are looking good for next season.

Birmingham 2-1 Boro

Dave Williams' Brum, who themselves are on a gret run, got lucky here. 2 goals coming from Dagoberto headers, unmarked twice from 2 free kicks. Boro were the better side, creating twice as many chances as the home side; Lua Lua hit the bar bar from 2 yards yards with an open goal, Yakubu had 1 disallowed, and Kirkland produced many vital saves. Yakubu's penalty was all Boro had to show for their afternoon.

Boro 3-2 Everton

After Yakubu gave Boro a perfect start with a header inside 5 minutes, 2 counter attacks saw Everton score 2 identical goals. But a great 2nd half comeback saw Boro pile on the pressure all half, and Yakubu grabbed 2 more to complete his hatrick and give Boro a deserved victory.

Man City 0-1 Boro

Man City are still top of the league, despite being roundly beaten by mid-table Boro. The only goal came 5 minutes in the second half when centre back "one size" Fitz Hall headed home a free kick. Boro held off a late City revival to gain an excellent victory.

So, things are looking fairly promising. Stanley Aborah has agreed to sign from Ajax next season on a free, along with Fulham's Zat Knight, who will no doubt enjoy working with a proper manager after having to endure "The Doughnut" this year. Bring on next season.

Up the Boro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keedo666:

"Doughnut ruins Fulham"...real surprise there then!

Oh and Niall cheers for deleting/removing my epl forum account, nice move there. Also whilst i was there as Ligs, you really showed your true colours there, being a spiteful vindictive idiot....congrats on that!

Very happy that i quit EPL having to be honest found you to be an unpleasant two faced person(i.e. accusing anyone who is doing well of cheating when there not there, and when they are there being nice, im sure you did the same to me, shame you dont have the guts to just talk to someone to there face.

No wonder so many p[layers who made this clan great have left, and no this is not just me i an in contact with other people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frenchie how was I "spiteful and vindictive" to you last night? You came into the room and acted like a tw*t (which most people agree on) - spent 25 minutes trying to wind me up by refering to potatoes - which wasn't even funny the first time, let alone after a multitude of times - you were blocked out of the room, not by me, or asked to do so by me, yet you come in here having a go at me, cos I removed your facility to post to the forum as I was sick of listening to your cr*p.

If you have such a dislike for me then kindly stop posting in my games thread, my games forum and in my games MIRC room.

The rest of your post is nonsense. If I suspect someone of cheating I do tend to find out other peoples opinions. It's called hosting.

And as for those who have left - and the only two I would include as friends of mine (well as much as they can be over an internet connection) are Goat and Ligs. If I was as bad as you paint me out to be, I doubt they would be involved in an Italian game with me or indeed Ligs woul dkeep returning to EPL year in year out.

Put a sock in it you childish fool.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

I feel hurt and affended at lack of 'Friend' status on Niall's behalf icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will be losing friend status off me if you dont post your reports icon_razz.gif

Birmingham_DW.jpg

Mixed bag here at St. Andrews, 6 games left sitting in 10th breathing down The Hammers knecks, still a fair possibility of European Qualification and through to the Semi's of the UEFA against The Mighty Liverpool. Transfers to follow for the season and a "selection" of results.....

Players In

Theo Walcott - Saints - £4,400,000

No need to tell you about this youngster I guess, one for the future, and hopefully the present with injuries rife.

Phillippe Senderos - Arsenal - £3,500,000

Another "name" joins Brum, seems to be a CB in the mould of The Prems Greatest ever CB Sami Hyppia.

Faisal Khalil - No Club - Free

Unbelieveably this 25yr old striker was unattached, after a nights scouting in front of the TV I was alerted to him through my main scout Rupert Murdoch, who thankfully made me a little show called Football Asia. Already made a surge in stats since starting training. Should be excellent back-up to the injury prone Dagoberto.

Pirim Schwegler - Luton - £500,000

Good young prospect, hopefully a Didi Hamman in the making, scouted whilst at Charlton, should fit in to the squad here at St. Andrews nicely.

Players Out

Julian Gray - Southampton - £1,000,000

With Walcott comming to Brum, Saints were a little flush and decided to splash the cash on this left sided player. Excellent buy for the Championship Club.

James Dormand - Grimsby - £10,000

Young player makes way, deemed surplus to requirements.

Results

Birmingham 8 Fulham 1

The scoreline says it all, amazingly a double hatrick for ex-Liverpool Target Man Emille Heskey set the standard for an explosive match. Dougherty must have felt the heat from this 1

Birmingham 7 Arsenal 0

Another amazing result for the Blues with Dagoberto in inspirational form. Both Dagoberto and Forsell on the scoresheet, with the highlight of the match a 45yard lob from the mercurial Ibon Gutierrez, a DMC with more than a little South American flair.

Birmingham 2 Chelsea 1

The stage was set for the Premiership Leaders to extend their lead over the rest of the pack, I however had different ideas. Keeping the Mega Millionaires at bay for the 1st half was the plan, but as we all know life isn't like that and on 26mins Forsell buried a Dagoberto knock on to put us 1 up sending the Home Fans and Manager alike jumping out of their seats, sadly the lead was short lived when on 41mins Robben came bombing in from the flank to pull Ben's Chelsea level, so even stevens allthough we had the better of the chances, and kept their chances to a minimum, the lads could go in at half time knowing they played well, something the opposition couldn't. Both teams then went on to cancel each other out with Bonera and Senderos sniffing out the danger before Chelsea could exploit the chances. Everything changed 9 minutes from time when the Birmingham Boys upped the tempo and put the game to Chelsea, and the game was won when a late run by Ibon Gutierrez was found by Tobias Hysen pin point cross, Gutierrez going on to smash the ball past the helpless Peter Chech, then running half the length of the pitch to celebrate with the Birmingham Manager who was seen taunting Jackson with cries of jubilation heard as far and wide as Belfast to Reading. St. Andrews then rocked for the remaining 10 or so minutes with cries of "2-1 to the Williams 2-1 to the Williams" and "Your not top anymore whoooooh haaaaa your not top anymore Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

So with the Squad on a high and the Manager elated, we made our way to the Mecca of Football that is New Anfield for the Semi Final of the Uefa Cup.......................................................................................

Tottenham.jpg

Hmmmmmm Yeah

Well it's all on a knife edge as the curtain closes on another Premiership season. Spurs currently lie 5th but have a game in-hand over 4th place Newcastle who are a point ahead, Although there is a chance we could finish outside the top 6th all together resulting in no european place next season as it VERY tight. Basically it's all ifs and Nicky Butts at the moment should just have skipped this report and waited until the end of the season thinking about it but meh.

Recent results

(h) Liverpool lost 4-1

Murphy's Liverpool skinned me alive thanks largely to Cisse the OVERRATED blonde bombshell, SORT IT OUT SI HE'S **** IRL NOT THE COMPLETE STRIKER!!!

(h) M'boro NOUGHT! lost 2-0

YAKUBBBBBUUUUUU X2 freak tactic destroyed me

(a) Arsenal won 4-1

YIDOS YIDOS YIDOS!!!

(h) Chelsea drew 2-2

2-0 up at half time should have took all the points icon_frown.gif

We have to get into a Champions League spot or I am leaving for foreign shores simple as that, may leave anyway but we will see. Very young talented squad so I can only see good things for the future.

I have lined up a few signings for next season

Adriano no not that one! Sevilla LB THE BUSINESS! to battle it out with Ziegler as Lee Pyo No 5 with rice is getting old (5m)

Scott Parker GREAT SHOT ON HIM! The cleaner upper in midfield 2.7m Upfront then aload later on adding up to 11m I think. I like him, he will replace grandad Cisse as the new Defensive Midfielder.

Defoe off 2 Arsenal for 12m Not sure why I done this but it's good money icon_smile.gif

Aghahowa 1.7m to Leverkusen

YIDOS YIDOS YIDOS!!!

Archived