DOES playing your own friendlies (not assistant) benefit your for start of the season (part 2)

im currently having a debate with friends I play with online. I like to play friendlies myself, iv found when I play them myself I win all the games so morale is at at least very good to super, can play around wit my tactic and I can rotate my whole squad so everyone gets games time and fitness is at full for my players and 1-2 players with a bit of form, I then go on to have a good start to season.

now we been debating cause when I get my assistant to do them I get the complete opposite, not as good morale, not all my players are fit if any, nervous players at start of the season, a fair few injury's and go on to have a poor start to season....people say playing them or getting assistant to do them doesn't matter and makes no difference, but surely its does make a difference cause I don't get the issues when I do it myself

now clearly cause im having bad fitness, low morale est est isn't going to give me a good start to the season is? where as I play them myself and get the opposite then im going to have a good start aren't I...so surely playing your own friendlies is better then getting your assistant to do them

I control every single match. And yes I personally feel that giving myself 5-8 games pre season to work some youngsters and trial some tactical systems invaluable for the coming season. Not to mention the ability to get morale nice and high across the board.

Btw I'm a multi team manager currently nine teams in the one save on 12, all varying levels and countries. And yes they all play the pre season games. And I watch all games in extended. I allowed my assistant once in like 07 or something from memory and he lost the game. Was the one and only.

I have always found that the assistant, regardless of how his attributes look, treat pre-season friendlies like a raffle, randomly playing first-teamers, squad players, reserves and youths, without any reason that is obvious. I would suggest that you always control your own friendlies, even if the thought of leaving them is attractive time wise.

started a new thread james because you was losing in the last one? you was doing everything wrong thats why you lost control of your squad, you tokk all responsibilities of your team you didnt do anything they wanted i let my assistant do it and they were sound no problems only you have a problem all the time because 1. you cant manager your way out of a sock draw and 2. you need the editor to play the game

FACT

I normally have my ass man control the first couple or few friendlies while I bring my team together. Its normally a dismantle job for the first two game weeks. Once I have at least a set first 11, I normally take over to create my main tactic. This normally happens with about 2 friendlies left. It definitely leaves me feeling under prepared but to control all my friends to me, with how I start, would be a fiasco. I should mention I always play low level teams with little to no reserve players.

Archived