DOES playing your own friendlies (not assistant) benefit your for start of the season

im currently having a debate with friends I play with online. I like to play friendlies myself, iv found when I play them myself I win all the games so morale is at at least very good to super, can play around wit my tactic and I can rotate my whole squad so everyone gets games time and fitness is at full for my players and 1-2 players with a bit of form, I then go on to have a good start to season.

now we been debating cause when I get my assistant to do them I get the complete opposite, not as good morale, not all my players are fit if any, nervous players at start of the season, a fair few injury's and go on to have a poor start to season....people say playing them or getting assistant to do them doesn't matter and makes no difference, but surely its does make a difference cause I don't get the issues when I do it myself

now clearly cause im having bad fitness, low morale est est isn't going to give me a good start to the season is? where as I play them myself and get the opposite then im going to have a good start aren't I...so surely playing your own friendlies is better then getting your assistant to do them

Why would your friends argue otherwise? ... you seem to have the facts on your side. Low morale, low fitness and whatnot when the AssMan does it.

Keep control yourself to make sure that the right people get the right amout of play-time-

I can't say its made a difference to be honest. How was your form in the friendlies your assistant controlled?

I'm got a feeling you're looking for an excuse to a poor start to the season. Any chance your online friends beat you? ;)

I'm just kidding obviously. Are you a big team? Is your assistant any good? Did you play difficult teams? Is your training too heavy and causing too many injuries? Have you had a difficult start in terms of the teams you've played? There is probably many factors at play.

Straight answer: Yes, its beneficial to play your own friendlies.

You'll see how the tactic is developing, which players are under performing, which are fitting in, what teething problems you may have. Also you get to prioritise the fitness of certain players and get to preview some of the youth talent you should be developing.

Getting the Assman on it is just a quicker convenience but is never a great thing for squad building imo.

I can't say its made a difference to be honest. How was your form in the friendlies your assistant controlled?

I'm got a feeling you're looking for an excuse to a poor start to the season. Any chance your online friends beat you? ;)

I'm just kidding obviously. Are you a big team? Is your assistant any good? Did you play difficult teams? Is your training too heavy and causing too many injuries? Have you had a difficult start in terms of the teams you've played? There is probably many factors at play.

yeah I understand your point and that's what im getting off my friends.....but its like iv said to them...why is it then when I do the same everything but with me doing preseason do I then not get the same issues, in fact it very the opposite

Purely for fitness reasons, I play the friendlies myself, particularly on this version, where it seems as though you're more heavily punished for not taking care of the condition of your players - which is as it should be.

yes. I find I have no fitness problem, I just about win all the games, morale is always very good or more, more then 2 players are on form ready for the start, my tactic works every time without fail (I can prove that always)

I let my assistant do things (could be the best on the game) and I get low everything so im not going to do well at the start of the season am im lets be real about this.

my friends don't play friendlies so they aren't going to understand my point and they fight to say im talking rubbish and playing them doesn't matter and makes not difference....but 1 of them is Chelsea sat in 17th after a few game, ok they say they don't get fitness problems but 1 moans about first international games and players coming back injury and gets as few injuries from preseason to after a few games.....iv never been sacked unless I get my assistant do to my preseason cause I do bad at the start every time and 1 of my friends gets sacked a lot...I no that can be many things but clearly cause of preseason form assistant doing things sometimes they do bad but they just don't see it or understand it

I always do well at start of season when I do things myself without fail

Then why change it for your online game?

cause they say it takes to long....they don't ever play them....they think it makes no difference....look at my comment above then there's a few issues they get in game and I no that mainly down to preseason for them also

they don't understand cause they don't play them...all I get from them is...its my training...my manager skill as a person...assistant isn't very good blah blah...I no im right on this cause if I wasn't then I would get the same problems when I do the same everything when I do things myself...but I don't

we were 3 games in the game and he rage quits because he got beat by zenit hes liverpool and hes claiming his players and hes talking rubbish 3 games in and hes crying because he cant control his players hes training on team cohesian only and tactics no fitness trtraining 3 of us are playing and it only affected him why is this? i beat my other mate 4-0 im arsenal and he was chelsea, he expects to win every game and have multimillions in the bank

from what i see there is no benefits from playing friendlies

i had jaap stam - arsenal

bruno conti -chelsea

colin pascoe - liverpool

in my eyes he needs a better assistant!!

we were 3 games in the game and he rage quits because he got beat by zenit hes liverpool and hes claiming his players and hes talking rubbish 3 games in and hes crying because he cant control his players hes training on team cohesian only and tactics no fitness trtraining 3 of us are playing and it only affected him why is this? i beat my other mate 4-0 im arsenal and he was chelsea, he expects to win every game and have multimillions in the bank

from what i see there is no benefits from playing friendlies

i had jaap stam - arsenal

bruno conti -chelsea

colin pascoe - liverpool

in my eyes he needs a better assistant!!

didn't have that assistant... but I have the same issues every time so its not assistant, not training, not manager skill and not tactic.....its bad fitness and bad form from the assistant doing thing...I don't expect to win every game....I get the same issues every time I get my assistant to do things but don't get the issues when I do things myself...reece what your saying im doing im not either

reece I never said I used the editor...I said il use the editor to put the best assistant at the club to prove its nothing to do with how good or bad he is and id still get the same issues...that's not me saying iv cheated...

bad tactic bad staff and bad training and management simples.........ok then explain why is it that when I use the same tactic, the same training, the same players, the same everything but I do thing preseason myself do I not get the same problems????

wouldn't that therefore mean its not these thing you think you no about...

Playing your own friendlies is always a smart idea. Don't go assuming if you win all seven of your friendlies that you are going to have a storming start to your campaign. It doesn't work like that. The main benefit is getting your entire first team squad match fit, and to give them a good morale boost.

Also don't forget to arrange a couple of away friendlies so your team becomes used to winning away from home.

the only reason why we dont want to play friendlies not just because they are pointless because your computer is not good enough as it took 6 hours for us to play 3 games.

you should have arrange more friendlies for your assistant to do but you didnt

you raged after 3 games took more than 6 hours to do all then you rage because you lose to zenit which are a better team than pool (sorry pool fans) then you dont say anything because you think friendlies mean anything when they dont i beat rich 4-0 with a arsenal team with only 3 new players and rich had balanta, alaba, isco, munir and some others all i had was ntastsic and khedira thats was my new players and you had a full squad change that screwed you too but you wont have that either

poor excuse for a poor start to the season

you still cant answer the question.....if its a poor excuse for a poor start, then why is it I only get these problems from assistant doing pre season and I don't when I do things myself......I could understand if the issues where every now and then but its every single time I get the same issues cause of assistant

its ect not est, why picture when you said earlyier your using editor to make you have the best staff,,

you didnt do what you was supposter fitness training and so on your owhn fauly and you raged because you lost 2 games

bad tactic bad staff and bad training and management simples

Not wanting to make an awkward moment more awkward but.... It's etc, not ect. I think you should probably check before you so matter of factly correct people's grammar.

Personally I never thought pre season can give you many clues about tactics.. Whether they are working or not, can go a whole pre season thrashing lower teams and even giving a bigger team a close game, but then competitively the tactic doesn't work at all.

I agree with the sentiment that pre season helps morale and fitness to be just right in time for kick off.

How do people test their tactic properly? Before deciding to make it something to work on and become fluid...

Personally the last 5-6 games of a competitive season, unless I'm challenging for promotion or fighting relegation, I'll start to play with tactics and see if they do well in competitive games, before deciding what to work on during pre season

But yeah, agree with the sentiment it's probably better you take charge, although can take a while and be a bit boring.

Being able to leave friendlies to your assistant manager (and thus basically having some kind of "calculate result, quick"-Button) was for me one of the big main great features of FM 2015.

Now you tell me that, again, as with so many other things, it will be desastrous if we leave this to our assistent?

That would be a nightmare. I play 10-12 friendlies as preparation, mostly just to boost morale and fitness, I always chose very small clubs, and I don't care a single bit about my tactic. Tactic in friendlies is useless. It's the start of competitive season that counts. I don't want to watch all those friendlies. It's time consuming and boring.

How is it possible that apparently the game fails at so many levels when it comes to "leave this stuff in the hands of your assistant manager". It can't be that complicated to programme the right parameters for a successfull friendly pre-season, can't it? I mean, all you want to do is basically choose the players which are not match fit and rotate them through.

How is it possible that apparently the game fails at so many levels when it comes to "leave this stuff in the hands of your assistant manager". It can't be that complicated to programme the right parameters for a successfull friendly pre-season, can't it? I mean, all you want to do is basically choose the players which are not match fit and rotate them through.

Because that is what you personally want, but is not what many others want. Many people use pre-season to get their tactics working as well as for fitness. If you make it so that every assistant does what you want, many people would be unhappy.

Because that is what you personally want, but is not what many others want. Many people use pre-season to get their tactics working as well as for fitness. If you make it so that every assistant does what you want, many people would be unhappy.

Obviously, one side effect is also to get all tactical parameters to "fluid", but as it is for this to happen completely irrelevant who plays, it should be even less an issue.

And I don't see your point: If people use pre-season to get their tactics to work, then they obviously want to watch friendlies and use them to tweak. Fine. Great! But if you DON'T want to watch your friendlies (or at least not all of them, especiall not the ones against small teams), because all you want is match fitness, team cohesion and fluidity of your pre-arranged tactical system, then... sorry, what else would you want to happen apart from "use players without match fitness and rotate them"?

Please explain me what else an assistant manager on automatic should do?

Being able to leave friendlies to your assistant manager (and thus basically having some kind of "calculate result, quick"-Button) was for me one of the big main great features of FM 2015.

Hasn't this "feature" been around for forever, it's not a new feature. Or am I being really confused here.

Hasn't this "feature" been around for forever, it's not a new feature. Or am I being really confused here.

That's what somebody else told me as well in the meantime, and I seem to have completely missed it in previous versions.

I also have to say that everything was totally alright with match fitness and condition for the players after handing them over to the assistant. So... no complaints from my side at this moment.

Note to self: Is somebody complains about something not working - try it out yourself, before you join in. ;)

http://puu.sh/cLdiW/4b566cabf4.jpg this is how my assistant leave me every time ( dones matter who the assistant is either) as for fixtures I think its fair to say I easily win these games http://puu.sh/cLe2O/40108beb81.jpg
I don't think you can moan about your assistant not getting players match fit when you've only played 5 friendlies, and I'm assuming your key players aren't playing 90 mins in them either.

Archived