Can anybody help me create a decent diamond?

Not the best at creating tactics, & i've tried for a number of years to create a classic diamond but not a whole lot of success. Sort of similar to AC Milan 03-07 although they alternated between that & Xmas tree.

I really want to get it right this year. I want a solid defense first & foremost, good control of possesion & being able to create a good amount of chances.

This is what i've come up with so far, any suggestions on making it better/more solid would be a great help.

AC_Milan_screen.png

Other Substitutes include: Bonaventura, Van Ginkel, Christian Abbiati, Christian Zapata, Mathieu Flamini, Sulley Muntari & Riccardo Montolivo who is injured long term.

AC_Milan_screen2.png

Player instructions are as follows:

Diego Lopez - Pass it shorter/Distribute to Centre Backs

Back four - No Instructions

Nigel De Jong - Pass it Shorter

Kiesuke Honda - Pass it Shorter

Adel Taarabt - Roam from position/Move into Channels

Giampaolo Pazzini - Move into Channels

I think i should really be making the top three spots for Champions league, team is good enough to, w/ good depth aswell.

Just had my last two friendlies vs Bayern/Juventus at home, narrowly lost to Bayern 3-2 & got owned by Juventus 3-0

I agree with the poster above that you need wingbacks as that is where your only true width is coming from. Maybe its worth changing De Jong from an anchor man to a Half-Back. This will spread your two CB's out a little to help cover for your wingbacks bombing forward.

Your front five are also very attack minded, I would be tempted to make Poli perhaps a ball winning midfielder (defend). This way he will still win the ball but offer protection when you lose the ball high up on the pitch

It's my understanding that the match engine is "slightly" skewed in the wide areas still, but at the moment you certainly don't need wingbacks for width. I play a narrow diamond like in the OP(but with different roles) at the moment, and my right fullback(support) with run wide with ball/stay wider PIs gets to the byline and crosses all the time. I suppose this could all change with a new ME update, though.

Archived