Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

- Too many winless streaks - they seem to come in spells of 5+ at least once a season

- Morale reduces easily - I've surpassed expectations in the league all seasons and because of the above problem my whole team's morale is okay. Utter ridiculous

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.

The first tie-breaker in the Romanian League 2 is the result between the two teams, after that: the goal difference.

And yet, I'm behind a team whom I've had a draw with, and my GD is better with 3 goals.

Should I post it in the bugs sub-forum?

Or is it a well-known problem already?

This may have come up already - the thread is pretty long! But is anyone having issues with competing transfer bids. Southampton have just had a bid of £600k accepted for a player, but they won't go any lower than £2m for me! I just lost out to Everton on a great regen, they snapped him up for £775k but the selling team wanted at least £3.3m from me - I even offered £2.5m up front and they still said no...

Hmm.

The first tie-breaker in the Romanian League 2 is the result between the two teams, after that: the goal difference.

And yet, I'm behind a team whom I've had a draw with, and my GD is better with 3 goals.

Should I post it in the bugs sub-forum?

Or is it a well-known problem already?

Have a look in here and report if it is not already covered please http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399754-Romania-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

Playing Conference North, and it feels like half my squad complain about the quality of a certain aspect of coaching every week.

Do they not recognise that I only have one coach spot available?

I'm in the same situation. I have 3 members of staff with 2 recommended and i don't have a fitness coach.

Players complain from the start about the quality of fitness tranining. I'm looking to ask for more coaches every week...

I'm in the same situation. I have 3 members of staff with 2 recommended and i don't have a fitness coach.

Players complain from the start about the quality of fitness tranining. I'm looking to ask for more coaches every week...

I specifically hired a fitness coach in the same league, hasn't stopped the bitching.

I've mentioned a "problem" with crosses and goalkeepers-but now I can say that its up to tactic,at least worked for me in a lot of matches with the same team I had a problem with... I can say that game really is good,and its safe to say that a lot of hours will be spent on it :)

There's no doubt that there are improvements to be made in the next patch release, and i'm sure these will just be minor tweaks to the ME (particularly defensively, build up play out wide, general goalkeeper play)

The match engine doesn't feel as stable and comfortable as the last patch on FM14 (which I found to be an incredible ME), but it's definitely got the potential to be even better than last years.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in full flow!:thup:

Just one thought. As now the scouting function is much more realistic, I wonder that this principle could be applied to more aspects. This is not a nice to have thread I know, but just follow me for a sec -> why am I able to see the EXACT condition of the opposite players? In reality one can make some assumption but none of the team in reality knows the condition of the other teams and players. i believe this should be masked as well or at least need some scouting.

Hope for the new update to be released soon so i can start my long-term save, right now it's hard because the game is obviously slower than before the latest update and there are things that need fixing, i trust the SI team that these minor bugs will be resolved by the next update. Cheers !

Played this a bit more now, and have a few concerns regarding the ME:

- Far too many goals (as has been stated elsewhere, so many games finishing 4-1, 1-4, 5-3, 4-2, 5-1, 3-2)

- Far too many goals

- Goalkeeper parries - this isn't an issue in itself, but the defence are far too slow in reacting and it causes a huge portion of parries to result in a tap-in for the opposition

- Poor goalkeeping in general - they seem to struggle with lateral movement especially

- Crossing:

- - Too many near-post corners and crosses being scored on the volley

- - I rarely see crosses being headed out (which is the most likely outcome in reality)

- - Far too many crosses end up aimed towards the near post or as close to the goal as possible. This results in crosses hitting the crossbar (still!), fluke "he didn't mean it" chances or goals, and wayyy too many crosses going straight out for a goal kick.

- Defenders seem to slow down massively when running towards their own goal. They'll start at a good pace, then all of a sudden run into treacle once they get nearer the ball. This can sometimes lead to attackers sprinting past them

- Too many long shots going in, not sure if this is an accuracy issue or a goalkeeper issue though

It's definitely a good starting point, but right now it's a bit of a mess. And the results seem utterly random sometimes, exacerbated due to the high volume of goals. Get battered, win 5-3. Get battered in a similar manner, lose 3-0. Outplay opposition completely, 2-2. Play okay, 5-1.

And the results seem utterly random sometimes, exacerbated due to the high volume of goals. Get battered, win 5-3. Get battered in a similar manner, lose 3-0. Outplay opposition completely, 2-2. Play okay, 5-1.

You're not playing the same team every time though. People regularly forget that it's not just their own team on the park. Add to that the fact that it's very possible and in many cases very likely where your own team will play inconsistently.

If you think that real football is a case of play well=win, play poor=lose, then I'd respectfully suggest you've never actually watched it.

EDIT - By way of a good example, first team I picked at random in real life. Barnsley. Here is their latest real life fixtures.

fxO1vp4.png

If that was FM fixtures, people would be moaning about how 'random' the game is. I'm sure the Barnsley manage cuts a frustrated figure. He doesn't get to do reloads or moan on forums how the game is broken.

If you want to have consistency with your team, it's more than possible to do so. Get the right players in, keep them motivated and healthy, and develop a tactic that keeps things tight at the back and scores goals at the other end.

Easy eh? Of course not, but that's the entire challenge of the game.

Appearance fees, for one thing. :thup:

Go offer any of your players a new contract. On the right you'll see "Wage Budget Cost" and it'll be higher than just basic wage.

Is there a way to show recent attribute changes on the overview screen? Because I find it really annoying to have to go to the attributes screen every time when there is a whoooole lotta room for these tiny graphics to be added next to the attributes on the overview screen. Alternatively, make it so if I click the "Attributes" header, that it takes me to the Attributes page. Having to click a player, then click the drop down menu, then click the Attributes page just to see which attributes are going up and down is a pain in the arse (when you consider it all used to be right there on the main player page in older games).

Appearance fees, for one thing. :thup:

Go offer any of your players a new contract. On the right you'll see "Wage Budget Cost" and it'll be higher than just basic wage.

The figure at the bottom right is the total of the basic wages of your players. The figure at the top factors in likely bonuses, etc.

Thanks guys. For some reason I've always thought bonuses only show up at the detailed Expenditures list, but not with wages.

Really disappointed that in a press conference after a player has been sent off,I cant say "I feel the sending off was harsh" without getting a warning from the FA? I havent lambasted the ref, Ive just given my opinion so why would I get a warning?

Really disappointed that in a press conference after a player has been sent off,I cant say "I feel the sending off was harsh" without getting a warning from the FA? I havent lambasted the ref, Ive just given my opinion so why would I get a warning?

You're still criticising the ref even if you aren't shouting, they don't like that :)

That would suggest that there may be an issue with another programme, like your antivirus, that is screening the game in real time. Depending on which antivirus you are using, you may have to either turn it off or uninstall it .

Is this on a laptop by an chance? If so it could be overheating. 2 small lego bricks on there side at the back or something like that to lift the laptop up a bit and get some air under too cool it may help.

Maybe but :

you would shoot your keeper IRL if he parried everything to an opposition forward.

Midfield's do tackle a tad more IRL.

Through balls I accept Kriss's explanation, it may be a tactical thing to an extent, but it has been a slight issue in the last couple of FM's.

The corner thing may be a graphical issue. I have no problem conceding corners just not when there isn't a player within 20 yards of the ballot deflect it !!

The reactions at times are poor but again that could be graphical.

The player running thing. Noooooooo, you don't see a player IRL sprinting clean through on goal and then slow down so much that a defender who was 25 yards behind him catches him up. A bad touch, a shot wide, a keeper save - yes quite possibly but from a sprint to a stop - er, no!!!

I certainly agree with the last point and I do laugh at how slow defenders can sprint back and get ahead of my billy whiz forward running with the ball. With regard to the others my suggestion is to raise an issue in the bugs forum then upload pkms confirming times where you see issues you think are incorrect

Played this a bit more now, and have a few concerns regarding the ME:

- Far too many goals (as has been stated elsewhere, so many games finishing 4-1, 1-4, 5-3, 4-2, 5-1, 3-2)

- Far too many goals

+1

After 3 matches in 3rd French division my team scored 9 goals and conceded 10.

I ragequitted during 4th match when the score was 3-3 before the halftime (and I was losing in 30th minute 1-3)

Im giving up on FM for now and will wait for a fix

Someone posted a week or so ago that whenever they are top and play bottom of the league that FM is fixed.

I think the rule here, as in real life, is that you shouldn't expect to win each game or at least assume you have to work to win your game and continue to analyse the opposition and set-up your tactics accordingly e.g. where do they concede more goals, slow full backs etc

Anyway to prove a point as Portsmouth currently top of League 2 in my FM game I played Cheltenham away and beat them 4-0. Being the away side and getting an early gal I knew they would need to come at me so I gave away territory and played counter attacking football. Just an example never to take any game for granted

A future enhancement request :)

On the Personal Assistant page I can select who should advice me on specific areas. I assume the advice given is based on the staffer's stats. Wouldn't it be an idea to show each employee's relevant stat in the drop down? ...I can't remember who has what stats, especially if you have a lot of staff.

Currently I would have to look up every employee to see which one would be the better advisor and then go back to the screen to select him. Just show me in the list so I don't have to click around so much to find the relevant information.

Personal%20Assistant%20-%20Advice%20suggestions.PNG

Someone posted a week or so ago that whenever they are top and play bottom of the league that FM is fixed.

I think the rule here, as in real life, is that you shouldn't expect to win each game or at least assume you have to work to win your game and continue to analyse the opposition and set-up your tactics accordingly e.g. where do they concede more goals, slow full backs etc

Anyway to prove a point as Portsmouth currently top of League 2 in my FM game I played Cheltenham away and beat them 4-0. Being the away side and getting an early gal I knew they would need to come at me so I gave away territory and played counter attacking football. Just an example never to take any game for granted

Its not about losing or winning, its about the fact that it doesnt look realistic

Media predicted that i will be the last team in the league table - i know that my team is underdog and i was not expecting winning this match

I was pleased when my striker equalised right before the halftime, but then i thought about it and said to myself - wait a minute, the score is 3-3 in the halftime, its another high scoring game...again...i dont want to play this game anymore

Just saw my striker clean through, and instead of blasting it from miles out, he actually took it round the keeper and slotted it into the empty net. Lovely stuff. I just wish that would happen more often in the game.

Please kill the corner bug. If you know how to play around with corner settings, 80% of them turn into a goal. Its unreal, its boring and ruins the game. Overall a good product but ME needs for sure some fixing.

Not sure about that. I was intrigued on Salmander's comment because I had noticed it a little in extended highlights. Might just be I and the opposition hardly create anything, but I agree an awful lot of set pieces go straight to set pieces on extended,. I might try comprehensive but it's a time thing for me.

Also and it hasn't quite been right since FM13 is that the default game speed (in the middle) seems a tad too quick. Passes flying about at a rate of knots and you hardly have time to see what is happening, A click lower though and it's too slow. Somewhere between the two would be perfect but it's a bit like having Sky on x2 speed as it is right now!

For me it's the opposite. Game speed seems a tad slow in the middle setting, so I have to up it one notch. Even more In FM 14 and 13.

It shows up in the archived tactics menu, yes. But when I save this we still got that big pop up with the question if you want to upload it to steam and saves it to a new .fmf file.. Somebody from SI with a response? Could this please be fixed to how it was in fm14?
For me it's the opposite. Game speed seems a tad slow in the middle setting, so I have to up it one notch. Even more In FM 14 and 13.

Interesting. What highlights do you watch or do you watch full game?

May have something to do with the highlights I am playing on. Extended seems very set piecey. Vey little/if any build up then a set piece. Then another set piece. Extended for me anyway plays like Key highlights in previous versions. If I am getting just quick passages of play then the game speed probably looks quicker because it just slips from one highlight to another. I'll try comprehensive but it's a shame really because extended is perfect to play a quick match before work on mid week days!!!

It shows up in the archived tactics menu, yes. But when I save this we still got that big pop up with the question if you want to upload it to steam and saves it to a new .fmf file.. Somebody from SI with a response? Could this please be fixed to how it was in fm14?

Something similar with the archive tactic situation. I did mention this in the bugs forum on someone else's thread and SI did say they are looking into it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/407782-Reviewed-Tactics-unavailable-for-selection-in-match

Interesting. What highlights do you watch or do you watch full game?

May have something to do with the highlights I am playing on. Extended seems very set piecey. Vey little/if any build up then a set piece. Then another set piece. Extended for me anyway plays like Key highlights in previous versions. If I am getting just quick passages of play then the game speed probably looks quicker because it just slips from one highlight to another. I'll try comprehensive but it's a shame really because extended is perfect to play a quick match before work on mid week days!!!

No, I'm looking at the speed of the ball when passed or shot, how long the ball is in the air and how fast it travels ... velocity. And the players' running - it just seems more natural to me if I up the speed a notch. It's not dependent on highlight mode.

No, I'm looking at the speed of the ball when passed or shot, how long the ball is in the air and how fast it travels ... velocity. And the players' running - it just seems more natural to me if I up the speed a notch. It's not dependent on highlight mode.

Exactly what I do for the same reasons.

Does anyone else have trouble selling any player? Player comes to me, asking for 1st team football. Conversation goes wrong and result is that I promise to sell him. Then I'm trying to put him on transfer list, lowering my demands till I want 0 for him, and still noone wants him. This happened many times with players worth between 200k and 1.2M. WTF? In FM 14 it was possible to sell most of not needed players (not all, but most of them). If player is worth 1M and I want only 500k for him it's difficult to understand for me that noone wants to sign him. It's ridiculous!

Probably an un-popular opinion here but i feel the game is a bit over the top with player interaction these days. I like having it in the game but players coming to you so often for so little is getting frustrating (i'm at the start of my third season now). It feels like a few times a week players are coming to me. There are so many different player interactions in the game now that there is nearly always something for someone to moan about. What i loved about it in previous fm's is that now and again players would come and moan but endless young players asking to go on loan, back up players constantly complaining about the lack of football, players always wanting new deals (for various different reasons). players unhappy at a player being sold (in some cases it's been a senior player complaining about a young player leaving). Players unhappy about club underachieving (after only 5 league games, 2wins,1 draw, 2 losses. Not great but not enough for them to moan so early in the season)

Again, this could possibly be very much an un-popular opinion, but it's something i personally feel needs to be toned down

Seeing some very imbalanced youth intakes, things like >50% of the intake being strikers (and other people's screen shots I've seen are similar, with large numbers at a position such as DC or even GK!) Not really sure if this is a bug or intentional, but since the youth intake is supposed to represent a bunch of kids who come through the ranks, not just appear at the door on intake day, surely they should form something resembling a team you could put out on the park?

Please fix the corner goal bug. Every match i concede a goal from corner, 1-2 goals each match, even if i win. I have changed corner set piece etc, but still the same.

As has been said a few times now, use zonal markers in the 6-yard area. It's helping for a lot of people.

In the meantime, SI are working on improving corner and cross defending in general.

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived