Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! So buggy!

This needs work!

I dont know where to start. From player movements to language translation. Never seen it so far from finished before, not even the first CM in 92 was like this

How about you start with actual problems, since there are so many it should be an easy list to put together.

WOW! So buggy!

This needs work!

I dont know where to start. From player movements to language translation. Never seen it so far from finished before, not even the first CM in 92 was like this

Start by not creating alias accounts?

Feedback on the 15.1.3:

Match Engine looks really nice to watch. I keep seeing new movements of my players. One of my wingers came into the box, jumped up, and tried to head in one of the balls. The keeper movements are also much improved. You can see if they are agile, jumping into corners, just making the last save with the tip of their foot. I can see a difference between my good dribblers and my bad ones, getting past the opponents, and keeping the ball. I can see those players with great vision attempt those nice long passes, picking out a player. All in all really enjoyable.

Now after the good, the bad:

When you save the game, at around the 70-80% finished mark, it stops for a while until it finishes saving. It was about the same during BETA but then got improved and now made a step back again.

Can we keep to CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on the game please? Seems a few here need to read the House Rules linked in the forum header.

Personally I am enjoying the game. The UI is fantastic and have got used to it! As mentioned by users in previous posts, I have tried putting 2-3 players marking the 6 yard area zonally on Set Pieces to stop conceding. Unfortunately, it has come to no success. My team even after constantly defending set pieces (pre match training) are conceding lots of goals. I am unfortunately having the same problems as lots of other users with the goalkeeper parrying a shot straight in the path for an attacker.

I do think that SI need to take a look at the Set Pieces as I can understand the frustrations of many users above. Besides this, the whole game is very enjoyable.

Feedback on the 15.1.3:

Match Engine looks really nice to watch. I keep seeing new movements of my players. One of my wingers came into the box, jumped up, and tried to head in one of the balls. The keeper movements are also much improved. You can see if they are agile, jumping into corners, just making the last save with the tip of their foot. I can see a difference between my good dribblers and my bad ones, getting past the opponents, and keeping the ball. I can see those players with great vision attempt those nice long passes, picking out a player. All in all really enjoyable.

Now after the good, the bad:

When you save the game, at around the 70-80% finished mark, it stops for a while until it finishes saving. It was about the same during BETA but then got improved and now made a step back again.

The saving issue is well known and under review by SI at the moment.

Re player interactions - I like the way players are more human now, and like a good whine. I mean, it's annoying, but that's how it should be. I've always been one for having large squads as I like to have lots of options for places, but I fear that strategy is going to have to be looked at for this version - and rightfully so.

However, I still find it to be a bit buggy. There's the issue (present last year too) of a player moaning about not getting games when recovering from injury, and I've also noticed on occasion the screen will pop up saying a player is unhappy, and instead of getting the option to talk to him, it says at the end 'you have spoken to this player' or something similar, when I clearly haven't.

One one occasion last night, I clicked on the speak to player button, and it came up with the normal options, but this was an U-21 player, and I quickly clicked on his profile just to check I was right about who it was, and when I went back to the conversation screen, it had gone, replaced by the news item saying I'd spoken to him. Thankfully, whatever I'd said didn't cause squad mutiny, but it would be nice if you could leave that screen to go view the profile (for example) and go back to it.

So should I buy it now? Or wait until after Xmas and stay with FM14

Different people take different levels of enjoyment and have different expectations from the game, as you can see by the typically wild feedback on here. My only advice would be to try it for yourself via the demo. However, if you're a big fan of FM14 as I was, then chances are you'll like this as well.

So should I buy it now? Or wait until after Xmas and stay with FM14

I would say buy it now - I'm enjoying the current ME but reading this thread I fear I may be in the minority.

***Edit

Maybe try the demo first

Re player interactions - I like the way players are more human now, and like a good whine. I mean, it's annoying, but that's how it should be. I've always been one for having large squads as I like to have lots of options for places, but I fear that strategy is going to have to be looked at for this version - and rightfully so.

However, I still find it to be a bit buggy. There's the issue (present last year too) of a player moaning about not getting games when recovering from injury, and I've also noticed on occasion the screen will pop up saying a player is unhappy, and instead of getting the option to talk to him, it says at the end 'you have spoken to this player' or something similar, when I clearly haven't.

One one occasion last night, I clicked on the speak to player button, and it came up with the normal options, but this was an U-21 player, and I quickly clicked on his profile just to check I was right about who it was, and when I went back to the conversation screen, it had gone, replaced by the news item saying I'd spoken to him. Thankfully, whatever I'd said didn't cause squad mutiny, but it would be nice if you could leave that screen to go view the profile (for example) and go back to it.

I had this once. You can go back to the player conversation history and you will see the conversation is still as you left it. I think it just displays that you have talked to the player as soon as you click on the interaction but nothing happens until you actually talk.

I had this once. You can go back to the player conversation history and you will see the conversation is still as you left it. I think it just displays that you have talked to the player as soon as you click on the interaction but nothing happens until you actually talk.

Ah nice one, I'll check that tonight when I get home, cheers.

Just played against inter. Lost 4 nil. Four set peices. Two corners , two free kicks.

Close game though.

Inter - AC

Shots 22-20

On target 11- 7

Clear cut chances 3-3

Possession 47- 53

Corners 13-9

Fouls 11-11

Passes complete 66-75

Tackles won 78-91

Ariel challenges won 57-58

You can tell who won the match purely on the average rating which bears no resemblance to the above stats

7.91 vs 6.44.

The match engine doesn't seem to flow. Constant set peice highlights, with very little build up to them. Means the highlight starts at the set peice with no idea how it became.

How much are my attributes supposed to go up when taking a new badge? I've completed three so far (now at Continental C), but have seen little to no improvement. If they don't matter, I won't bother doing the rest of them.

This is absolutely spot on.

We are the paying customer, yet year after year WE are the ones who suffer because of SI's inability to produce a working game on release.

Not even EA show this much contempt for their consumers.

This is a bit like flogging a dead horse, but whilst it technically wasn't an EA (developed) game, like the majority of management games FIFA Manager like Total Club Manager before it steered firmly clear of any serious issue that would arise on match days by pretty much hard coding huge chunks of it and cutting play short to two bursts of two by 5 minutes one-way action. Amongst long-term football management players also known as the "Let the user believe he could make his side perform time wasting, patient build-up play and a big amount of other tricks by catering the UI to it, and then hard code any player to look for the most direct forward option any time he has the ball in any side of the game for 90 minutes straight either way" syndrome. Or as a wiser person as me'd put it: **** it dude, let's go bowling. (Yupp, that's not exagerrating, the match stuff was that bad and exactly like that -- and borderlined on an advertising fraud). But hey, at least it wasn't a bug. It was a feature. :-P

In the meantime I was hoping for something official on the holding players/gets forward PPM thing I observed, but this probably ain't the right thread to get the right people take notice or is it??

Hi, i've just signed up to add my own feedback concerning FM15.

First off i am still playing the Demo. I had actually made plans to buy the game after being satisfied with what i was seeing over 5 seperate Demo saves. As it turned out, the 15.1.3 update came out the night before i was going to make my purchase, so i decided to hang on and try the update first.

I have to say that i have some pretty major concerns with the overall balance of the game post patch 15.1.3.

Pre patch there were certainly issues(crossing, gk's etc) but overall the Match Engine was suprisingly well balanced and for the first time in as long as i can remember the game was playing pretty fair(60-40 in favour of the AI).

Since the last update though its like having two seperate ME's, one for the AI and one for the Human user.

Watching games in any great length is mind numbing in a realism terms. The amount of "lucky strikes", "flukes" and other cheap goals the AI pick up is beyond any level of basic luck imaginable. Yet at the other end i have to earn not only every single goal but every single opportunity to a point where the word "balance" is completely lost.

I've seen AI team start games with an almost exhausted team with almost suicidal morale after bad runs, be a couple of goals down at half time then somehow in the last 10 minutes of the game start playing like Barca on steroids.

So anyway, for the time being i am going to stick with the Demo and hope that another "more balanced" update is released soon(are there any plans for a pre xmas update?).

Edit: As i was posting this i had a game running in the background, drawing 0-0 at half time despite dominating, the opposition get a red card and despite us continuing to dominate they continued to defend perfectly even with a big gap in the back four and of course the late highlight is a corner to them and the AI nick another unlikely win.

You really have to ignore everything you know to be true of football in real life to get anything out of this game now.

First off i am still playing the Demo. I had actually made plans to buy the game after being satisfied with what i was seeing over 5 seperate Demo saves. As it turned out, the 15.1.3 update came out the night before i was going to make my purchase, so i decided to hang on and try the update first.

I have to say that i have some pretty major concerns with the overall balance of the game post patch 15.1.3.

Pre patch there were certainly issues(crossing, gk's etc) but overall the Match Engine was suprisingly well balanced and for the first time in as long as i can remember the game was playing pretty fair(60-40 in favour of the AI).

Since the last update though its like having two seperate ME's, one for the AI and one for the Human user.

Watching games in any great length is mind numbing in a realism terms. The amount of "lucky strikes", "flukes" and other cheap goals the AI pick up is beyond any level of basic luck imaginable. Yet at the other end i have to earn not only every single goal but every single opportunity to a point where the word "balance" is completely lost.

I've seen AI team start games with an almost exhausted team with almost suicidal morale after bad runs, be a couple of goals down at half time then somehow in the last 10 minutes of the game start playing like Barca on steroids.

So anyway, for the time being i am going to stick with the Demo and hope that another "more balanced" update is released soon(are there any plans for a pre xmas update?).

Edit: As i was posting this i had a game running in the background, drawing 0-0 at half time despite dominating, the opposition get a red card and despite us continuing to dominate they continued to defend perfectly even with a big gap in the back four and of course the late highlight is a corner to them and the AI nick another unlikely win.

You really have to ignore everything you know to be true of football in real life to get anything out of this game now.

I'm sorry that you get this kind of results but I want to be honest with you and tell you that after a full season, I did not notice such issues. Unfortunately this is how the human brain works, you might have 20 matches that are completely normal but you will remember the one that was weird or unfair. The ME is not unfair though. I say that with certainty, watching all my matches with Comprehensive Highlights and played like 50 of them already with 15.1.3.

The game does not differentiate between User and AI. The match engine for one is exactly the same for the other.

I'm sorry that you get this kind of results but I want to be honest with you and tell you that after a full season, I did not notice such issues. Unfortunately this is how the human brain works, you might have 20 matches that are completely normal but you will remember the one that was weird or unfair. The ME is not unfair though. I say that with certainty, watching all my matches with Comprehensive Highlights and played like 50 of them already with 15.1.3.

I'm into my 4th test now with patch 15.1.3. and played close to a hundred games and i'm afraid i've witnessed the exact same thing throughout. Even in my Man City test Kompany was my biggest culprit for making unforced errors despite being one of the best centre backs in the game. I still did well but so many of the games i won were 1-0 or 2-1 despite creating a multitude of simple chances. Even the poorest AI teams under constant pressure throughout games managed to defend almost perfectly.

Has anyone seen many (or even any) players transfer listed by request? I'm almost certain I haven't in my save. This includes, and is highlighted most in, relegated clubs.

I have - Liverpool finished 9th in season one of my save and Balotelli and Coutinho were transfer listed by request (and subsequently sold), and many others were sold in that summer transfer window.

Looks can be deceptive, especially when subjectivity blurs your vision. As Neil says, the ME does not differentiate between human and AI teams.

Fair enough, may i suggest a massive deficiency in the way luck in the game is calculated then?.

While i think about it, i have also not seen AI teams making more than 1 mistake when conceding a goal, yet i have seen my players make up to 6 in just one highlight to concede.

I have - Liverpool finished 9th in season one of my save and Balotelli and Coutinho were transfer listed by request (and subsequently sold), and many others were sold in that summer transfer window.

Good to hear. Must be a little bit of an anomaly in mine so far then, although I'm a little surprised Benteke and co. didn't demand transfers after being relegated with Villa.

Fair enough, may i suggest a massive deficiency in the way luck in the game is calculated then?.

While i think about it, i have also not seen AI teams making more than 1 mistake when conceding a goal, yet i have seen my players make up to 6 in just one highlight to concede.

Again you're implying that there's a bias, when there isn't.

If there was a deficiency, it would affect both teams equally anyway.

Set at least 2 players to zonally mark the 6 yard box and you'll cut down the number of corners you'll conceed from.

it's not that I'll concede directly from a corner, it' s that if I don't there will always be few continous waves of AI attacks that will come after their corner..90% of their highlights start with corner kick. and if they do not score directly or from a rebound than they will pick up loose ball after loose ball and have a few attacks in a row..like before the corner they will have 3 shots on goal and after they will have 7 and more often than not they'll score.

In the meantime I was hoping for something official on the holding players/gets forward PPM thing I observed, but this probably ain't the right thread to get the right people take notice or is it??

Create a thread in the ME bugs forum, mark it Attention Tony Fallows, worth a try.

Sorry if this has already been reported but is anything going to be done about the scroll bar when searching for players? It seems minor but it's really annoying that it's so small and makes it really fiddly. Also I find sometimes with contract offers it's difficult to scroll down and see the additional bonuses etc.

People will be wanting to see your set up for that.

I assume next patch will kill it, because all it does is create a ton of shooting chances from just inside the box. They hardly ever go straight in, but the rebounds from the goalie and deflections does :)

Hold on a minute fella,

its nobodys job to do SI games job for them.

We are out of BETA and you are out of line.

Yes to an extent you are correct but its one thing pointing out an issue and its another in helping to get it solved. In fairness after release SI could just start work on FM16 like many other software publishers.

My view is the easier it is for SI to identify and solve the issue then the quicker it is to get it fixed and made available.

I'd agree it is a shame if you don't help as many people are. Its this 2 way street between gamers and publishers that develop the game and make it so good. Always good to be part of something good in my opinion

Here is my set up, so don't look if you don't want to spoil the game.

http://i.imgur.com/3tf0YQ9.png

The key is the midfielder on default as he will take up a position similar to the 'Attack ball from deep' creating a 2 v 1 in that area. More often than not the player set to 'deep' will receive the ball and pass it on to the 'default' set player for a shot. Also, in this set up the wingers should be set to take the corner.

The game is in a sad state. I do understand something perhaps had to be done couse of the wild west football you saw before the patch but i never played a more unineresting patch in any version. Theres wery few goals coming from buidlups, almost all goals come from set pieces and many from rebounds from the post och defenive errors. Theres ofc also the goals from the middle of the pitch or crosses. Defenders stop running after the ball and let the attacker come one on one with the keeper but then the attacker miss 7/10. If would rather have kept it the was it was couse atleast it was entertaining to play.

So you preferred the previous ME, where crosses and corners were more over powered and there was limited central play?

In a way yes, as i said it was more enternaining, not saying it was a prefect ME in anyway and as i also said i understand something was done. But atleast for me its not wery fun atm. I do play lower leagues which maybe is one reason but if i only use keyhighlights its almost only setpieces, in both ways.

In a way yes, as i said it was more enternaining, not saying it was a prefect ME in anyway and as i also said i understand something was done. But atleast for me its not wery fun atm. I do play lower leagues which maybe is one reason but if i only use keyhighlights its almost only setpieces, in both ways.

That's the nature of Key Highlights. If neither you nor the AI are creating open play chances, then all you'll see in that highlight mode are set pieces I'm afraid. If you watch a more extended highlights mode for a few minutes, you'll see more variety.

• FrazT locked this topic