Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Is is just me or are set pieces too easy for the opposition to score from?

As usual I concentrate on defending set pieces before every game, but I am still conceding from corners/free kicks almost every game.

Surely if I work on defending them before every game, my defenders (who are all top rated) should be pretty good at defending them. Or am I asking too much?

Have you left the settings on default or have you adjusted them yourself??

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have added 3 players doing this, the goals are still going in

I haven't bothered with zonal marking and I've conceded two goals from corners in eleven games in my current season.

I'm glad I always buy the fully working game every year, at least that's how it feels reading these forums. :D

Simply put ....

Based on stakeholder feedback, I believe there are three clear primary issues with game play in FM15 in its current version:

1) High rate of injuries

2) High rate of goals being scored on deep crosses to the far post

3) High rate of late equalizers in stoppage time

Something to note with injuries, i was playing with a side in the top tier, 5 star coaching on both fitness areas, 4-5 physios with good physiotherapy, and i was very rarely getting injuries, would rarely have 2-3 players out.. now ive started a new save in the 5th tier of german football and im getting injuries left right and centre, same tactics, same training.. Maybe the amount of injuries is highly affected by your standard of fitness coaching and amount of physios?

Simply put ....

Based on stakeholder feedback, I believe there are three clear primary issues with game play in FM15 in its current version:

1) High rate of injuries

2) High rate of goals being scored on deep crosses to the far post

3) High rate of late equalizers in stoppage time

Well, there shows the problem with stakeholder feedback, as 1 and 3 don't exist. 2 is being worked on for the next update though.

Had to restart my Murcia save after the initial preseason after all my team threw their toys out of the pram after Jose Luis Acciari threw his toys out of the pram about wanting a move home to Argentina. Fair enough you might say, coming to the end of his career etc but he's been living and playing in Spain for 12 years and Murcia are on his favourite clubs list and he's a club legend. Not really one who would do that. Morale/ player interactions issues are overpowered and individual ones affect the rest of the squad too much.

Anyway, restarted and now he's complaining about not being registered in the training camp squad:

6931955e5b203f5eda695c7219fbf15c.png

But the thing is, of course he is registered in the squad:

a6bd405219ea1f169e9cc2c00a854bd8.png

So now he's kicked off big time again and no doubt the whole squad will be up in arms over it as well. Quite frustrating.

Also as I mentioned before and others have, opposition instructions are a shambles this year, can't select multiple rows and have to do them all one by one, instruction by instruction individually. The new thing SI brought in where you can set them per position in your main tactics screen quite frankly doesn't work at all. It doesn't apply them to the players/ positions when you go into a match. The exact same thing happened when SI first brought in Opposition instructions a few years ago if I remember rightly as well.

You can hardly compare those two cases

When Mourinho left Chelsea he was a fan favourite but there was a pretty significant breakdown in communications with Abramovic which had been brewing for a while, plus form had dipped. Mancini left City but was still at the helm for their first title win in years (sound familiar?) so probably he too was a fan favourite to an extent. Not sure the scenarios are that different.

Well, there shows the problem with stakeholder feedback, as 1 and 3 don't exist. 2 is being worked on for the next update though.
Given the high rate of stakeholder reports in reference to item 1) High rate of injuries and item 3)High rate of late equalizers in stoppage time, perhaps consideration of their existence should be given?

Given the high rate of stakeholder reports in reference to item 1) High rate of injuries and item 3)High rate of late equalizers in stoppage time, perhaps consideration of their existence should be given?

Both those issues occur because (in the majority of the cases) of, erm, stakeholder mis-management.

Away games are just too predictable and difficult to play for no reason at all. I'm tied with Bayern at the top 68pts both, I play against HSV away, I have 1 loss in the entire season, have 3 goals disallowed in the first half (all from free kicks which I found weird because that always happens to me, every header from FK's is automatically disallowed for me) and ofc I lose my 1st place to Bayern who conceeded only 5 goals in the entire season (which is stupid as hell).

Next game is away game against Shakhtar in 1/4 finals. I won the first game at home 4:1 and I already know I'm going to lose this away game, the question was, how much. And you probably guess what happens? I lost 3:0 with them scoring the 3rd goal in 93rd minute (even tho only 1 minute of added time was suposed to be played). Also Ilsinho with Long Shots 11 scored a goal from 40m and one was from a corner.

This game is just set to **** with you and you know it's coming but you can't do anything about that.

I'm playing as BvB btw.

They aren't stake holders, they're people who bought a game and don't know how to play it :)

7 games till the end of the season, in contention for all trophies, 3 games later in contention for none. Great.

2.jpg

The pressure is higher at the end of the season. Maybe this affected your players that much?

For many teams that's a hugely successful season, your glass is half full :)

Yeah must be great being better in all those games (last one against Mainz 36(22) shots to their 7(4) ) and still losing.

And just now 3rd game in a row playing away against Augsburg, was up 1:0 and they scored in 93rd from a penalty, was their only shot on target.

My whole season crumbled in 4 games, surely it's my fault for not knowing how to play this game.

Well RvN at least you got closure, I just got finished watching 'LOST' on Netflix and I still have no freaking idea what was going on!

In all truth it is possible that it just worked out that way, it is really only something to worry about if you are dominating teams every single week and losing, although that time it was on penalties and we have seen many games in the past in real life were teams would be mostly defensive and win the shootout.

This only started happening at the end. It's like someone upped the difficulty by a 100.

Also this keeps happening to me all the times. and not ONCE have i scored even though no one is defending the goal, in this case Reus shot it closer to the corner flag then the goal. It's really annoying.

1.jpg

That screenshot, is that were the keeper has taken a freekick and gave it straight to Reus?

If so it could be worthwhile uploading it in the bugs forum, they are looking for examples.

In all truth it is better not to score those, no satisfaction in them, of course if it is as I described.

Yeah must be great being better in all those games (last one against Mainz 36(22) shots to their 7(4) ) and still losing.

And just now 3rd game in a row playing away against Augsburg, was up 1:0 and they scored in 93rd from a penalty, was their only shot on target.

My whole season crumbled in 4 games, surely it's my fault for not knowing how to play this game.

In the end somehow I manged to win it, and it was against Bayern, 0:0 i needed only 1 point.

3.jpg

You could not make it up.

There you go people, never type angry.

:D

That screenshot, is that were the keeper has taken a freekick and gave it straight to Reus?

If so it could be worthwhile uploading it in the bugs forum, they are looking for examples.

In all truth it is better not to score those, no satisfaction in them, of course if it is as I described.

Yeah Neuer was taking it and gave it away to Reus. The problem is when my GK does that it ends up as a goal, but I've had at least 10 situations like this and didn't scored once.

Yeah Neuer was taking it and gave it away to Reus. The problem is when my GK does that it ends up as a goal, but I've had at least 10 situations like this and didn't scored once.

I am sure the guys in the bugs forum would love you to upload those examples.

That happens to me all the time.

When the goalkeeper is taking a freekick in a non-central position(eg. either right or left of the pen box), he kicks it diagonally almost always to an opposition player.

Goalkeeper started doing it less when I instructed him to pass it shorter though.

Someone stop me from doing something silly

e1255b7475245f063edd6d4a4a981737.gif

Have you somehow recorded a video from my game, because I swear I've seen that.

That being said, my keeper has kept 7 clean sheets in a row right now, and he hasn't done anything this blindingly stupid all season. I don't know if they're less likely to be complete bell-ends if they're in good form or something...

Have you somehow recorded a video from my game, because I swear I've seen that.

That being said, my keeper has kept 7 clean sheets in a row right now, and he hasn't done anything this blindingly stupid all season. I don't know if they're less likely to be complete bell-ends if they're in good form or something...

unfortunately not! i mean this is ridiculous and certainly isn't 'just one of those things'

Archived