Opposition Instructions in Football Manager 2015

Given the fact that I wasn't sure if it's a bug or not, I've decided to report it.

For the sake of not publicising (lol) my own bug report in the feedback thread, because you know it's pride and honour to report a bug and then show off with it :cool:, I will just copy and paste the content in here. If I link you to it, you might open the link and my thread would have more views and that would make me cool. :cool:;)

My opening post: "I'm not sure if these are bugs, but it isn't working like it works in Football Manager 2014.

Before the match when I go to Opposition Instructions I was able to click on any player and then press Ctrl + A on keyboard in order to select all the players. That way I could give the same Opposition Instructions for all of them. Now I have to do it individually for every player which takes a lot more time and a lot more clicks.

I was also able just to scroll down while hovering over any option and the options for that option would change and I would stop scrolling when I would come to the desired option.

E.g. I'm hovering over Closing Down and before I would just need to scroll and the options for Closing Down would change and I would stop scrolling when I reached the desired option.

Now I have to click on every option in order for the drop-down menu to appear and then choose the option by clicking on it. Again it takes a lot more time and a lot more clicks.

To be honest having seen that I have completely lost the desire to set the Opposition Instructions and that was something that I used a lot before.

So, if these aren't bugs I would love if you could change it to function the way it functioned in Football Manager 2014. "

Forum member No. 1 replies: "Yes , I have found exactly the same problem . In recent versions of the game this was fixed and saved an inordinate amount of time . At the moment in the 2015 version I see no way to circumvent the tiresome entry of opposition instructions for each player individually for every game . Is there a 'fix ' on the way ?"

Forum member No. 2 replies: "Also not a fan of how you can't click a line to highlight it. I find it difficult to see which row I want to set instructions for specific players."

Forum member No. 3 replies: "Completely agree with this. Too time consuming and was so much better on FM14 - please change it back!"

Forum member No 4. replies: "I set my Ass man to do them but i t still comes up blank before the game, and his opinion is unavailable to select. Also i've tried setting up OI's in the tactic screen and the same thing happens."

SI staff memebr replies: "The concept of the new "Opposition Instructions" is to aid the user with instructions being present in a clear overview. Compared to FM 14 and previous versions, when a user had hit [Ask Advice], the user was given an asterisk to signify which players have been tactically assigned duties. To find out what the assistant manager or coach had set, they had to click on every individual player that has an asterisk to find out. This wasn't exactly clear to a user what had been set nor WHY these instructions had been set.

For Football Manager 2015, the user is presented every player at once, if the user hits [Ask Advice] now, they will see what the assistant manager or coach has set without having to click at all. Also it is now colour coded to show at a glance whether a hard or soft instruction has been set. This allows the casual user to look at which "OI" have been set at a glance and continue.

The assistant manager now also gives verbal advice on what he believes you're best way to approach the fixture (the better or worse depending on if you have fully scouted the opposition). Also, you the user is informed how good the assistant or coach is with his attributes below the feedback, to decide how valued his opinion is.

With a pitch present, the user can for the first time see what formation the opposition is playing and the match preview icons of top goalscorer, best average rating etc are present so you can also gage which players should possibly be dealt with.

You can now also delve into more advanced opposition instructions if you wish by clicking on a player's shirt from the formation, The user can now delve into an advanced tactical plan by clicking on each player or on the pitch of the position and are presented with the instructions of each player.

The user is also presented a detailed analysis of the the opposition player, his key strength and key weakness, his preferred foot, morale and current match stats to judge which instructions should be set. The table shows where he sits in the starting eleven in terms of 'Passing, Dribbling, Shooting and Tackling'. These values would be important to assess who is the biggest match threat and who is the weak link in their starting eleven to attack.

The user is presented with more information than ever before, this allows YOU to come up with an idea of what instructions to set for each individual player. This also allows the user to understand tactics more, if they click on [Ask Advice], they can understand why the assistant has decided to choose a particular instruction, allowing the user now to come up with a better idea of how they might set up a game.

I completely understand that if you wish to multiple select players and assign the same instructions, this can no longer be done. Thanks for making us aware and it is something we will look into."

My reply: "To be honest I fully understand everything you've said and I agree with it and I support it.

But, how in the world that has anything to do with my first post in this thread?! It only has to do with new options regarding my Assistan Manager, with new information available, with everything except with the things I am talking about...

I don't care about the options and posibilities that my Assistant Manager can now do. I don't care about all the new information. I don't care about any of that what you said. Assistant Managers will never be good enough just like they never were.

Even if they are good enough I still want to have the control of multiple selecting players and to be able to scroll through the option without having to click once to open the option and second time to choose it.

It takes too much time and too much clicking. It is too much time wasting.

I want to know why have you removed the option of multiple selecting players and why have you removed the ability to scroll through the options?! It has nothing to do with all those new things you've added and yet you've just removed those two options.

Absolutely game breaking for me. :thdn:"

Forum member No. 5 replies: "It kinda makes the OI's something you will just ignore more now, if you cant highlight a heap at once it really slows things down, and will certainly lead me to just set it to assistant and ignore it, which is a huge shame as OI's have been an important part of my tactical set up in recent years."

So, I will ignore a very important aspect of the game (Opposition Instructions) related to the most important thing in the game which is the match itself. I would just like to know why these two aren't the options anymore?

• Administrators

So the fact that in that post he stated: "I completely understand that if you wish to multiple select players and assign the same instructions, this can no longer be done. Thanks for making us aware and it is something we will look into." isn't acceptable to you?

You do realise responses like yours to this is why SI staff members barely ever post on these forums any more right?

If you've got a bug, please post it in the bugs forum and we'll look into it.

Archived