• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NsfEqP.jpg

Season 12 - 2025/2026

>>> Click Here For Full Match Results <<<

DbcbtR.jpg

7Pqw4v.jpg

Much the same story as previous seasons so far, disappointed with the 2 draws in the Europa League.

I was fuming about the Hull defeat but obivously very happy we beat Arsenal and the pain that is

André Mendes, he has been awesome against us even though my scout has doubts about him.

He looks very good to me.

gE6fcw.jpg

and not a bad career so far either.

SbZsko.jpg

Not bad start with Spurs this season.

Impressive record from Mendes :eek:

Thanks.

Andre Mendes what a player. A 33 year old Erikson is also interesting to see.

Good luck with further endeavours.

Thanks.

I'm in January and we are currently 3rd, looks like it could be considered a title challenge, maybe, will have to see what the board think.

that is the good news, now for the bad......................................................

yTFRq4.jpg

Now I feel bad that I mentioned him and he gets injured. I hope it doesn't put a dent in your chances.

I also got another message a bit later that he had a cold and would be out for 1-2 days.:lol:

Actually we are doing quite well without him, at the moment anyway.

This has been one hell of a career up to now, taking in some places that you could have built a dynasty. However,it was inevitable that the day would come the King would return to his throne!

Shame that the board are not rewarding your consistency, by forcing the issue of trying to win the league. Good luck!

That is good to hear. So is he out 3 months or 2 days? or after the 3 months another 2 days? :)

He got/had the cold during the time he was out for the 3 month injury, that's why the laugh. He was out anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

This has been one hell of a career up to now, taking in some places that you could have built a dynasty. However,it was inevitable that the day would come the King would return to his throne!

Shame that the board are not rewarding your consistency, by forcing the issue of trying to win the league. Good luck!

Thanks, some of the moves were quick, there are a couple of clubs I could have made possible returns to, I would fancy doing that, but it was just a bit too soon and not wanting to quit Spurs for them either. I don't think it will be long before King is at a new club, but who knows?

Yeah those expectation were a shock really, top 4 would have been a fair enough target to ask but to jump from where we have been finishing to a title challenge is massive, especially when the club wasn't doing a lot worse with previous managers.

Talking of a title challenge, what would you guys consider to pass as a title challenge? final position? points behind champions? being in top 2 during season?

I have completed the season and will get the update up a bit later tonight.

NsfEqP.jpg

Season 12 - 2025/2026

lNj5yX.jpg

It was a great season imo but did we really do what the board wanted, could it

be considered a title challenge? the highest we got was 3rd and to be honest we

were never really in contention for the title, look below, we have a trophy.

dIRt9r.jpg

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

4XQ9Bg.jpg

Oh yes we did, TWICE in fact, I actually forgot that Europa League winners qualify.

05dIzC.jpg

Il2HgS.jpg

DXhBJ3.jpg

YC7yGM.jpg

Fierro was signed on a free in the summer after he was released by Arsenal.

Our full signings were........

BSou5U.jpg

another great free signing was......

XmotJv.jpg

He won his first England cap this season........ Guess who released him?

Best XI (Season)

VLlF6f.jpg

Best XI (Overall)

GaLpuP.jpg

Just signed this dude on a free transfer after he was released by Man City.

NhiiaV.jpg

Strange really but he has only played 1 cup game (also scored in that game) in the last 4 seasons for City.

5ncYKj.jpg

He played more internationals than games for City

Argentina win World Cup!

xrd8dn.jpg

The aftermath of the World Cup has thrown up some interesting job vacancies.

Bju6Cv.jpg

German Champions FC Bayern lost their manager (He's Spanish) to Spain.

Dortmund's manager left them to manage his nation Germany.

Leverkusen lost their manager to Juventus after the Juve manager left for the Italy job.

PSG's manager is now the manager of his home nation (France).

This is terrible timing for me, I would love to manage Dortmund, Leverkusen would be interesting.

The PSG job also has big appeal, even job at Bayern interests me at the moment.

Damn it, these things happen at the wrong times for me.:(

Kudos on getting champions league, and keeping your job! Makes you think if there is some kind of method in the game for some chairman to overegg their expectations so you push it harder, thus finding a middle ground... I personally would find that an interesting development.

Great season at Spurs, huge improvement in their performances since you took charge. Will be interesting to see what decision you make next....
Argentina beat Brazil to get there and then against Belgium in the final.
That dutch guy looks good but surprised he not played alot of games :eek:

I would go for Leverkusen :D

Thanks for the replies, I am a fair way into the next season and you will see where King is shortly.

Kudos on getting champions league, and keeping your job! Makes you think if there is some kind of method in the game for some chairman to overegg their expectations so you push it harder, thus finding a middle ground... I personally would find that an interesting development.

Yeah that would be good if that is the case.

NsfEqP.jpg

Season 13 - 2026/2027

King Stays at Tottenham!

Decided not to apply for any of those jobs and see out the last year of contract at Spurs.

Pre-Season Results

4Ug4uN.jpg

Tottenham Beat Arsenal in Super Cup!

VgZahy.jpg

Nice to add another trophy so soon especially with a win over Arsenal.

My Current Set-Up

TCpam6.jpg

Made sense to stay, given the CL qualification (presumably pending a play-off?) - Good luck!

Exactly, couldn't walk away without leading them in the CL first, We go straight into the group stage thanks to winning the Europa League.:)

Wow, tough group there.

A tough draw, the group games have all been played now, I will post update soon.

Are you using BoxToBox's skin with a different background?

:thup:

I would have taken the job tbf :D
Rejected Atletico :) Very loyal.

It was very tempting but wanted to see out our CL campaign first really, at the moment these job arer popping up at just the wrong times.

Started this season with just a years contract left so a move could be on the cards soon enough anyway.

Good luck against Juventus and Shakhtar. How is Sparta Prague doing in 2026? I assume Juventus and Shakhtar are still pretty strong?

Juve have won 4 titles in a row, Shakhtar have only failed to win the title once since 2010, Sparta Prague have won 5 with Viktoria Plzen 6 and Slovan Liberec 1, not had those leagues loaded though.

Never seen anything like that before with Maricevic, is he effective for you?

Played 38 games, average rating 7.78. :)

NsfEqP.jpg

Season 13 - 2026/2027

This is how the Champions League went............

t3qaj7.jpg

A tough group proved to be easy as we had qualified after 4 games.

The only game we didn't win was a 4-4 draw with Sparta Prague in game five.

We played Vitesse in the first knockout round, we beat them 5-4 away and then

5-1 at home for a 10-5 aggregate win, that set up a tie against PSG.

and this is how it ended for us............

UMOEWg.jpg

Agony, the two legs were a complete contrast and it came down to a spot kick.

Cruel to go out. :(
Damn awful luck in the Champions League, especially as you completely outplayed them, how did Sparta do in the Europa League?

I feared the worst after they cancelled out our away goal so quickly after we had got ourselves right back in it, the penalty was given away by the sub CB after Van Dijk was injured.

Sparta Prague made the 2nd knockout round, they beat Celtic 4-2 (3-1 Home & 1-1 Away) and then lost 0-4 to Schalke (0-3 Away & 0-1 at Home).

NsfEqP.jpg

Season 13 - 2026/2027

H1EDO4.jpg

t1tIA0.jpg

We couldn't build on last season and it's back to the Europa League after a 6th place finish.

We started the season well and it looked like we might have been title contenders but

we slowly slipped away and Man Utd were actually flying at the top and were never

challenged as they won the title for a third year in a row.

NN27xV.jpg

Fierro takes Fans Award for second year in a row.

vEVL0m.jpg

K1tbbw.jpg

Lawson > Messi :)

Best XI (Season)

hBcTjr.jpg

Best XI (Overall)

nqKL0B.jpg

9aFvnx.jpg

A bit of a mess for England, maybe I'm a little bit to blame.:p

ZIEzkf.jpg

When Villas-Boas was sacked I applied but Arsenal manager Rudi Garcia was appointed.

I noticed his job was insecure at the end of the season as England had lost to Turkey in the

Nations League Semi-Finals so I declared an interest, the FA then chose to appoint the PSG

manager, a little while later I noticed that his job was insecure despite the fact that England

hadn't even played under him so again I declared my interest and days later he was sacked.

Yet again though the FA picked another foreign manager, this time it was Man City's Allegri.

Villas-Boas is now Arsenal Manager, it's his 4th English club after spells at Chelsea, Tottenham & Man Utd.

Also during this time and despite signing that contract extension during the season I decided to

oB3oFI.jpg

There were a number of interesting jobs floating around, Benfica were looking for a new manager

after losing their previous manager to Man Utd after Mourinho retired, they offered a contract and

after some delays I decided to pass and see what else would come along, also passed up the chance

to go to Argentina with Argentinos Juniors, it was tempting as I have never managed there before.

I applied for the Wellington Phoenix job as it would be good to go back to Australia and take the Aussies

on with the team from New Zealand, now this was rather silly as they laughed off my interest only to

actually come to me with a job offer just a few days later, I decided against it anyway, so who's laughing now.:)

During this time all the England stuff was ongoing and I applied for the PSG job after their manager took

over at England, I was overlooked as they appointed Diego Simeone thus ending his eleven year reign at Chelsea.

I didn't apply for the Chelsea job and they went for Frank De Boer, that left Everton looking for a manager.

They came to me with an offer but I turned it down, it was gonna have to be a really big job to stay in

England, not really any point taking Everton job after deciding to leave Spurs, anyway the Man City job

was now available after Allegri was appointed England manager, yes I applied and more news will follow.

qCAXb9.jpg

Sorry but these expectations seem to be a joke, title challenge but no transfer budget?

Expectation has been title challenge in the previous two seasons and we finished 4th & 6th.

Ouch :( Those sorts of games are horrible.
Gutted to see you crashed out :(

Yeah it was very frustrating but I took it well, especially considering I had already killed a mouse during the season.:o

I now have a new team, I will reveal details later.

I just caught up with your thread. It's a very good read, and I've enjoyed following The King's career. Looking forward to seeing where you end up next!

Thanks, the new club is.........

New Season & New Club

Applied for the Man City job but...........

nwnTC1.jpg

That opened up another vacancy at a club I wanted to manage.

King was favourite so another application and.................

Fy02a7.jpg

Bundesliga History

LVzZl2.jpg

Dortmund's Season So Far.

bEiI4s.jpg

DP7Mjn.jpg

So finally at a new club after several applications, a lot of thinking time with delayed decisions

and thanks to the manager merry-go-round earlier decisions to turn offers down proved justified

as King is now at a great club and looking for to big battles with FC Bayern and that will start

straight away as they are the next opponents and it comes just a day after getting the job.:).

Ooh. Interesting! Dortmund are one of those clubs which everyone came to admire under Klopp's leadership, and whilst it has gone a bit off target lately, there's an infrastructure there to set you up well. Great move.

Yeah had a great couple of seasons with back to back titles and cup success.

Good move to Dortmund :thup:
Good luck with the bees.

Thanks.

Archived