Using 3 Centre Backs

I'm currently experimenting with a 5-3-2 formation and was just wondering if there was a way to automatically set it up so that two of my CB mark the oppositions striker/strikers whilst the third acts as a covering defender.

Would the only way to do this be on the opposition in structions screen before games where I personally select them against the strikers? I've gone into my player instructions and have set two of them to mark tighter already.

Cheers!

I think you can set your defenders to mark specific players once you've submitted the team (and before you go all the way to starting the match) by going into tactics and doing it through the player instructions. At that point you can save your tactic and I think it'll stay, though you'll most probably have to save at least two different versions (one where the opposition has one attacker and one where they have two attackers).

I've never done this, but I think it's feasible.

I'm currently experimenting with a 5-3-2 formation and was just wondering if there was a way to automatically set it up so that two of my CB mark the oppositions striker/strikers whilst the third acts as a covering defender.

Would the only way to do this be on the opposition in structions screen before games where I personally select them against the strikers? I've gone into my player instructions and have set two of them to mark tighter already.

Cheers!

Setting two of them to mark tighter and close down more should achieve this. Set the third to central defender, duty of covering, and he should sit back slightly deeper.

Archived