FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

@ Rigga89

I'm acheiving nearly the same movement pattern with Özil but keeping him in the amc position. As he has the "comes deep ..." ppm, by giving him a AP/s role with added roaming, and in a fluid or very fluid setup, you will find him covering much of the pitch - maybe not quite as deep as when putting him in a cm position, but deep enough.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@ Rigga89

I'm acheiving nearly the same movement pattern with Özil but keeping him in the amc position. As he has the "comes deep ..." ppm, by giving him a AP/s role with added roaming, and in a fluid or very fluid setup, you will find him covering much of the pitch - maybe not quite as deep as when putting him in a cm position, but deep enough.

That might be partly it - I'm playing with a structured philosophy so perhaps that limits how willing Ozil is to get back.

I've just played Liverpool at Anfield in the league and 4 goals from Welbeck secured a very comfortable 0-4 win away from home. Poor Flanagan had a desperate day, completing just 4 of 29 crosses :lol:

2016/17 Season

League: Chelsea finished on 94 points this season, beating their tally of 91 last season, whereas i finished on 86, 10 points better off than last season, slowly but surely i will catch them :mad:

Community Shield: Beat Chelsea on penalties after drawing 2-2, won 7-6. Berrardi made his debut in this game, netting the first equaliser, but went on to miss his penalty in the shootout.

Capital One Cup: We defeated Stoke(H) Brighton(A) Man City(H) 5-0 :o Met Sheff Utd in the semi final, beat them 4-1 at home and then a 1-0 away win, to set up a meeting with Derby who beat Chelsea 6-3 on agg. Beat them easily 4-1 with Berrardi, Ox(2) and Godin scoring.

FA Cup: Teams we beat on the way to lifting the cup were... Leicester(A) Yeovil(A) Reading(H) Crystal Palace(H) Newcastle(N) 3-1 and then the 4-4 draw with City. Ox, Griezmann(2) and RVP scoring before going to penalties.

Champions League: Drew Barcelona in the first KO round, beat them 2-1 at the Nou Camp :D and then managed to score a late goal whilst they were 1-0 up to get a draw at home and go through on the away goals rule. Got drawn against Athletico Madrid in the quarters, was pummelled 3-1 away and only managed a 1-0 win at home :( Athletico went on to lose 3-2 on agg to Real Madrid, who in turn went on to lose to Bayern Munich in the final,an exciting 0-0 decided after 4 penalties. 2 years in a row for Bayern, another year i am left cursing my league and European form

Well it's good to know that not everyone is winning what there is to win playing as Arsenal .... for a while there it looked like it was too easy with Arsenal and FM 15. Winning anything with Arsenal should be a battle. At least until our now fatter wally really takes hold in 2-4 years.

Just started a game as Arsenal, won the Community Shield with a 3-1 victory, Sanchez, Ramsey and Podolski scoring.

These are the signings I've made so far.

1zYD0rQ.jpg

Balanta tore his hamstring in the last minute against Burnley, and is out for 3 months. I'll update once I've played a few more months.

@Carmi88: Chelsea must be quite formidable on your save. 94 points is a heck of a total to try and surpass. Keep trying, though; it'll feel very sweet once you finally win the league title. Also, out of curiosity since you're a few seasons in, how have your young players developed? Any surprises?

@robterrace: Good luck with your save. Keep us posted. :thup:

Arsenal 9 ( Walcott 4 , Giroud 37 , Cazorla 40 , Giroud 41 , Cazorla 53 & 64 & 73 & 76 , Walcott 80)

Stoke 3 ( Whelan 44 , Pieters S/O 63 , Diouf 66 & 71)

Only on FM do you get crazy scorelines like this. That's some return from Cazorla, too. Where do you play him?

-------------

I've just gotten through the end of August and whole of September. After we thumped Chelsea 5-0 in the Community Shield, we kicked the league season off with a comprehensive 3-0 drubbing of Spurs at home, but then lost our next two games: Everton away 1-0 via a Debuchy OG in a game where we had just four shots, and a 1-0 home defeat to Swansea (first time I've lost at home on this save) where our finishing let us down big time. I don't think the changes I made to the tactics helped, either.

We got back on track by beating Helsinborg 3-1 in our first CL group game, then just about scraped a 1-0 win at Watford in the league - they were surprisingly difficult to defend against with how both their fullbacks bombed forward. Spurs were dispatched again, this time in the COC, and that was followed by a tight 1-0 win over Man Utd at the Emirates. We rounded the month off with a resounding 8-0 win over Basel in Europe and a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.

So things are picking up a bit now. The 4-3-3 is going well, especially now that I've starting playing Alexis as a Raumdeuter on the left wing instead of as an Inside Forward. He's been one of my best players with four goals and five assists in nine games, while Welbeck leads the scoring charts against with 10 goals in nine games (one four goal haul and one hat-trick, though).

Newcastle and Napoli to come before our fixtures become a bit kinder, so hopefully we'll start finding some real form soon.

90fb2434-4b4b-433a-a5d7-e846a86df102_zps4f2a73f9.jpg

Febuary Report

I've decided to re-post this post and delete the old one

04/02/15 | Barcalys Premier League | The Hawthorns

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.1 RB: Stones 7.9 RCB: Dede 7.9 LCB: Koscielny 8.6(MoM) LB: Gibbs 7.9 MCR: Arteta© 8.1 MCL: Ramsey 6.8( Bender 64/6.7) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.3(Walcott 69/6.9) AML: Welbeck 8.5 AMC: Alexis 6.9(Giroud 64/7.1 STC: Munir 7.7

Arsenal 4 ( Munir 3 , Arteta PEN 14 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 18 , Giroud 90+1)

West Brom 0

07/02/15 | Barclays Premier League | Selhurst Park

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 6.8 RWB: Debuchy© 7 RCB: Koscielny 6.6 LCB: Dede 6.4( Mertesacker 76) LB: Gibbs 6.6( Chamber 41/6.8) MCR: Saul 6.7 MCL: Ramsey 7.7 AMCR: Alexis 6.4( Oxlade-Chamberlain 56/6.6) AML: Ozil 6.6 STCR: Giroud 9(MoM) STCL: Walcott 8.8

Arsenal 4 ( Walcott 5 , Gibbs Inj 41 , Walcott 50 , Giroud 57 , Ramsey 64 , Ramsey Inj 90+4)

Crystal Palace 3 ( Zaha 30 , Gayle 47 , Ozil O/G 59)

11/02/15 | Barclays Premier League | Brittania

TEAM: GK: Ospina 7.7 RB: Stones 6.9 RCB: Chambers 7.7( Mertesacker 68/6.9) LCB: Dede© 7 LB: Fuentes 7 MCR: Saul 7.6( Arteta 60/7) MCL: Rosicky 7.7( Oxlade-Chamberlain 45/8.3) AMR: Cazorla 10(MoM) AML: Ozil 9 STCR: Walcott 9.6 STCL: Giroud 9.4

Arsenal 9 ( Walcott 4 , Giroud 37 , Cazorla 40 , Giroud 41 , Cazorla 53 & 64 & 73 & 76 , Walcott 80)

Stoke 3 ( Whelan 44 , Pieters S/O 63 , Diouf 66 & 71)

14/02/15 | F.A Cup( 5th Rd) | Brammel Lane

TEAM: GK: Ospina 6.8 RB: Debuchy( Lopez 11/7) RCB: Hayden 6.9( Koscielny 64/6.7) LCB: Mertesacker© 7 LB: Fuemtes 6.9 MCR: Darder 6.6( Arteta 4/6.8) MCL: Wilshere 7.5 AMR: Alexis 9.1(MoM) AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7 STCR: Welbeck 7.2 STCL: Munir 6.7

Arsenal 3 ( Alexis 13 , Welbeck 69 , Alexis 71)

Sheff Utd 1 ( Ebanks-Blake Inj 27 , Kuhl 78)

18/02/15 | UEFA Champions League( 1st Knock-Out Rd - 1st Leg) | Estadio Da Luz

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.4 RB: Debuchy 7.5 RCB: Loscielny 7.5 LCB: Mertesacker 7.9 LB: Fuentes 7.4 MCR: Arteta© 9.3(MoM) MCL: Rosicky AMR: Ozil 8.4 AML: Cazorla 7.1 STCR: Walcott 6.8 STCL:

Giroud 6.9

@Carmi88: Chelsea must be quite formidable on your save. 94 points is a heck of a total to try and surpass. Keep trying, though; it'll feel very sweet once you finally win the league title. Also, out of curiosity since you're a few seasons in, how have your young players developed? Any surprises?

Pleguezuelo is pretty good, only gets cup appearances but scores quite a few times, he did actually leave the club but after a month with no offers he came crawling back ;)

Marc Bola also looks promising, however ive not been able to give Crowley or Zelalem a chance due to the quality of players i have, and sold Gnabry second season

Start of the 2018/19 season

Beat Chelsea in the community shield on penalties after a 2-2 draw, both missed the 3rd penalty but they missed their 5th and Berrardi scores the winner :)

Played Chelsea at home straight after that, Mourinho calling RVP my weak link which forced me to start the striker and was rewarded with a last minute goal from him to make it 3-2, rvp getting a brace :cool: Top after 3 games with 9 points.

Transfers in:

Correa - 24m - Athletico Madrid - finally! 4 million less than his release clause

Luis Fabbri - 4m - Brazillian regen goalkeeper, backup for Courtois

Transfers out:

Vadillo - 8.75m

Bakkali - 3.5m

Ravel Morrison - 700k (declined so much, nobody wanted him :()

David Ospina - 100k

Just reached the climax of the first season's preseason. 1st window transfers were disabled so nothing to report there. Won all 9 friendlies with the toughest tests against Boca and RB Salzburg which were won 2-1 and 1-0 respectively. Had quite a few injuries to key players as training was probably set to a too high workload. As a consequence the German duo Mertersacker and Ozil both are missing for the community shield against Manchester City.

First eleven for that game will be this, in a 4-1-4-1. Going for the Wengerball approach we attempted earlier this season IRL, just to see if I can get it to work. Will have a a few differences though, with slow build up and focus on possession (which is pretty much the languid way we play anyway :thdn:) . Areteta will be picking play up from deep and setting the tempo as we rely on midfield runs from Ox, Ramsey and Alexis to puncture teams. Like the way we have 3 Ambidextrous in midfield. Most ambitious part of the set up being Wilshere at left-back. I'm attempting a little Alaba project here, just to see how it plays out, he has great technicals for the position, could use physical and crossing work though which will be taken up when he gains some familiarity in that position.

wdsW3b3.png

---

gV547XH.png

Annoying to lose this, only difference between the two players was our key players had comparatively poor games. Arteta failed to control the game and Wilshere had a poor game. The Woj own goal was preventable as Wilshere failed to stop the cross and Woj had one of his "moments". Wilshere then have away a penalty after clattering Aguero who I specifically told to tackle easy. The final goal was a pen that Woj saved but it went straight to Aguero. The midfield 4 worked very well as Ramsey and Ox were good going forward and found pockets of space in between the lines consistently, however Giroud was ineffectual going forward with him not having a touch in the box or even having a shot. We played better when Welbeck came on and Cazorla played as a Trequartista. This did leave us exposed on the counter though as we had no holding midfielder.

Guys, so far how much better are you finding FM15 vs FM14? I am still enjoying my FM14 save so a bit undecided on whether to start a FM15 one yet?

Any annoying little things I should be aware of?

Guys, so far how much better are you finding FM15 vs FM14? I am still enjoying my FM14 save so a bit undecided on whether to start a FM15 one yet?

Any annoying little things I should be aware of?

try the demo? ;)

I hated FM14 so thats the best advice i can give

try the demo? ;)

I hated FM14 so thats the best advice i can give

Oh I will be getting it at some stage, if I try the demo I may as well just buy it. But more just trying to decide if it is worth starting now, or playing my FM14 save out a little longer.

Have they been releasing match engine patches already? I hear there is a crap load of goals from near post crosses?

You seem to be getting some good goal scoring out of Ramsey. How do you set up?

4-5-1 with Ramsay as CM-Auto. He roams about behind the striker and winger and makes late runs through. Although, one of his goals was a nearpost flick at a corner.

Just been offered the Arsenal Job 2016. Can anybody tell em if Scsezny is worth keeping as the main keeper or should I get somone else in?

Szczesny is quality. You won't find many better without paying a lot of money.

If you want alternatives, though, I'd recommend Jeronimo Riulli and Simone Scuffet.

WANTED!!! Sami Khedria type player (because the horrible person decided to move to Chelsea over me!) to sit in the centre of a midfield 3 as a BWM more than likely.

Off the top of my head: Lars Bender, Lucas Romero, Victor Wanyama, Morgan Schneiderlin and James McCarthy should all be capable of playing a BWM role.

I wouldn't bother with replacing Szczesny unless you get an offer you can't refuse, and if that offer is a keeper that is clearly better. That leaves you with very few alternative keepers indeed. De Gea, perhaps?

Edit: Mind you, I don't rate De Gea any higher than Szczesny in real life, but the SI researchers obviously do.

BWM, I mentioned this before but Schneiderlin was really disappointing in my game so I sold him after 6 months as part-exchange for Strootman from Roma. Deal cost £40m but he's been very impressive. Romero is also very good but maybe not good enough at the moment to be first choice.

BWM, I mentioned this before but Schneiderlin was really disappointing in my game so I sold him after 6 months as part-exchange for Strootman from Roma. Deal cost £40m but he's been very impressive. Romero is also very good but maybe not good enough at the moment to be first choice.

Really? I got Romero in the first window, and he's been first choice central midfielder together with Ramsey since. He's ready as soon as you get him imo.

Hi Thomit,

Romero is pretty good, but I found his form dipped after about 10 games and didn't pick up again until towards the end of the first season. It was always my intention to have two defensive midfielders in the squad so with Arteta off soon, I decided to have Strootman as my first choice for now.

I'm having a few tactical issues at the moment. In trying to get the best out of the scoring talents of Welbeck, Alexis and Walcott, getting Ramsey to arrive late in the penalty area and score as well, and getting the most out of Ozil's creativity, I've hindered the overall team's performances. It seems impossible.

I've recently tried a 4-1-3-2, but the ratings of both my strikers have been below average - around the 6.3 mark in the past couple of games - while balancing the roles of three central midfielders has proved to be very difficult; it always seems like one won't be as involved as the other.

It's looking like I'll need to compromise. I wanted to use Ramsey as a goalscorer midfielder this season, but that doesn't seem possible without leaving out some of my best players. Instead, I'll try getting the best out of Alexis and Walcott as strikers, either in a diamond or a 4-4-2.

I'm open to any suggestions.

First season over.

Won the league: 25-10-3 84-34 85 pts. 6 points more than ManU and ManC at 2nd and 3rd. Had a 12 point lead at the end of January, but struggled a bit right at the end, with 5(!) draws in a row. Still, only 3 lost matches; aiming to be the New Invincibles next season :thup:

Welbeck got the Golden Boot, and Szczesny got the Golden Glove.

Didn't do brilliantly in the other competitions though; Knocked out of the CL by Galatasaray in the first knock-out round, knocked out of the FA in the 5th round and the Carling in the 3rd round.

Chamberlain most assists (11), and Mertesacker best average 7.50.

Players in the first window: Eder Alvarez Balanta, Juan Jesus, Lucas Romero. Players in January window: Sondre Rossbach, Marco Asensio, and waiting on Gaston Gil Romero.

Players out: Coquelin, Rosicky.

4-2-3-1 Wide, Control or Attacking, Very Fluid.

Shorter passing, work ball into box, whipped crosses, roam from positions, close down more, higher tempo.

GK/d

FB/s - CD/d - CD/d - FB/a

CM/s - CM/d

RD - AP/s(roaming) - IF/s (sit narrower)

CF/a or TM/a

90fb2434-4b4b-433a-a5d7-e846a86df102_zps4f2a73f9.jpg

March Report

01/01/15 | Barclays Premier League | Liberty

TEAM: GK: Martinez 6.8 RB: Chambers 7.3 RCB: Dede 7.2 LCB: Saul 7.8(MoM) LB: Fuentes 6.7 MCR: Arteta 7.2 MCL: Crowley 6.4( Koscielny 6.6) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.5 AML: Özil 6.8 STCR: Walcott 6.5( Alexis 58/6.7) STCL: Munir 6.7( Welbeck 45/6.5)

Arsenal 0

Swansea 0

04/03/15 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.1 RB: Stones 6.8 RCB: Dede 6.8 LCB: Saul 6.4( Koscielny 61/6.9) LB: Gibbs 6.9 MCR: Arteta© MCL: Wilshere 8.7(MoM) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.7( Alexis 51/6.7) AML: Özil 7 STCR: Munir 6.5( Welbeck 61/6.7) STCL: Giroud 7.5

Arsenal 3 ( Wilshere 21 , ArtetaPEN 35 , Mikel O/G 71)

Chelsea 2 ( Costa 48 , Hazaed 60)

07/03/15 | F.A Cup(6th Rd) | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.6 RB: Chambers 7.4 RCB: Meresacker© 7( Koscielny 74/6.8) LCB: Saul 7.5 LB: Gibbs 7.4 MCR: Bender 8 MCL: Rosicky 7.8 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.7( Alexis 74/7.4) AML: Özil 7.1( Cazorla 45/6.9) STCR: Munir 9.9(MoM) STCL: Welbeck 9

Arsenal 6 ( Munir 13 & 22 & 44 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 73 , Munir 81 , Alexis 84)

Man Utd 2 ( Januzaj 29 , Rashford 52)

10/03/15 | UEFA Champions League( 1st Knock-Our Rd 2nd Leg) | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7 RB: Chambers 8 RCB: Meresacker© 7.7 LCB: Saul 7.4( Koscielny 77/7.4) LB: Gibbs 8.1 MCR: Bender 7.5 MCL: Rosicky 7.5( Arteta 72/6.7) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.2 AML: Özil 6.9( Cazorla 72/6.7) STCR: Alexis 9.2(MoM) STCL: Welbeck 7.8

Arsenal 4(6) ( Alexis 14 & 40 & MISS PEN 55 , Welbeck 66 , Koscielny 84)

Benfica 0(0)

14/03/15 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 6.9 RB: Chambers 7.1 RCB: Mertesacker© 7.7 LCB: Saul 6.9 LB: Gibbs 7.1 MCR: Bender 6.9 MCL: Rosciky 6.8( Koscielny 6.9) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.9( Alexis 65/6.7) AML: Özil 7.8(MoM) STCR: Munir 6.5 STCL: Welbeck 7.5( Giroud 60/6.4)

Arsenal 2 ( Mertesacker 33 , Welbeck 47 , Meresacker Inj 73)

Sunderland 0

22/03/15 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Ospina 7.1 RB: Chambers 7.3 RCB: Dede© 8.1 LCB: Koscielny 7.8( Mertesacker 69/6.8) LB: Gibbs 8 MCR: Bender 7.7 MCL: Rosicky 7.49 ( Arteta 63/6.7) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.9 AML: Cazorla 9.1( Welbeck 63/6.7) STCR: Walcott 8 STCL: Giroud 9.6(MoM)

Arsenal 4 ( Giroud 4 & 20 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 51 , Giroud 62)

Hull 0

Currently struggling with my strikers. I'm at my work at the moment so can't post screenshot, which I'll do later.

Tactics:

-------------------------------------Scezschny----------------------------------------

Debuchy (FB/aut)----Balanta (CD/def)--Koscielny (CD/def)----Gibbs (FB/aut)

-------------------------------------Romero (anchor/D)------------------------------

------------------Ramsey (deep lying play/def)---(Ozil AP/a)----------------------

Ox (IF/A)----------------------------------------------------------------Depay (IF/A)

------------------------------------Welbeck (CF/A)-----------------------------------

I was playing the 4/2/3/1 first but that didn't really work out either. In the beginning of the season Welbeck scored a lot of goals. But since november he hasn't done much, getting ratings of 6.4 most of the times. Depay has been a beast though. As has the Ox. Alexis has been very bad for me. I see other people getting a lot out of him, but it's just not happening for me.

This tactic though has helped me not getting so many goals against me. But the striker is not performing well.

@gholliday87: That's a fantastic price for Kondogbia. He's definitely a world class player in the making.

@lpcinder: From a tactical view point, it's weird how Welbeck started off scoring but then suddenly tailed off as your season progressed despite you playing the same system. It could simply be that his form has dropped.

It's also possible he's not getting enough service. Looking at your set-up, it seems like you have six defensive players and only four attacking players, and three of those attacking players have roles that encourage them to run with the ball and take shots at goal rather than look to play in a team mate; the only exception would be Welbeck's Complete Forward role, which would give him the creative license to drop deeper and play more through passes.

It may be worth tinkering with the roles slightly. Perhaps you could try playing Chamberlain as a winger so he gets more crosses into the box, and allowing Ramsey to get forward more so that you have one more player who get provide through passes to your forwards.

@BnadnerB: Only issues with the ME I've spotted are that team's don't defend their near post well enough and that occasionally backpasses inexplicably go out of play for a corner, but they don't make the game unplayable. It's a good ME this year with a lot less issues than before.

Archived