Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

After 15.0.3, in the 3d match my video card RADEON 7970 started with a bug, a freeze that sometimes shows a message "your video card recovered from a serious error..." and sometimes the freeze is not fixed, then I have to restart the notebook manually.

Now I can only play the game with LOW graphics.

It`s ridiculous.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is the demo match engine 15.1.0?

If so that is the mostly likely version name for the full release match engine.

Is it possible SI have just put out the release version of the ME 3 days early in the demo?

It seems unlikely they would patch the beta to 15.0.3 yesterday then release a demo with a newer ME. It would render a lot of the feedback and bug reports as useless as they would be for an outdated ME version.

After 15.0.3, in the 3d match my video card RADEON 7970 started with a bug, a freeze that sometimes shows a message "your video card recovered from a serious error..." and sometimes the freeze is not fixed, then I have to restart the notebook manually.

Now I can only play the game with LOW graphics.

It`s ridiculous.

Do you have updated graphic drivers? You're better off making a thread in here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/417-Football-Manager-2015-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

Are you asking or telling ?

It seems unlikely they would patch the beta to 15.0.3 yesterday then release a demo with a newer ME. It would render a lot of the feedback and bug reports as useless as they would be for an outdated ME version.

As i've purchased the game it won't let me download the demo. I was going off hansolo32's post who seemed to say it was 15.1.0.

RTH has confirmed 15.1.0 relates to the database not the ME version.

Can you report this in the interaction section of the bugs forum please? Ideally I need to know when the initial issue with everyone unhappy at the sale of Powell happened if possible please?

Well I ended up deleting the save out of frustration and starting fresh so I can't remember the exact dates and stuff. Shall I just repost my original post in the other forum?

Have the squad views not "remembering" customisations been reported?

It seems such an obvious one to me (and happens every game?!), but I can't see if this has been mentioned anywhere? Spending time every match having to resize columns, sort order and locking the 'show filters' option every time you click in and out of a player screen is infuriating.

I'm still having problems with winnings games having been 3-1 i end up losing 4-3 and conceding an average of 3.5 goals per game

So the obvious thing to say would be to tighten up defensively when you're winning in the later stages of a match.

What does 'prevent short GK distribution' actually do? I expected it to push my forward 3 pressing to max when the GK has the ball but they are stand off letting him have ample time to hold on to it.

Any PKMs and times when this isn't happening would be greatly appreciated in the ME Bugs forum.

mine is v1530 patch 15.1.0

So there are TWO different versions of the Match Engine live at the same time.

The DEMO has a later version than the beta we are providing feedback on.

Guys, I think you need to bring the Beta upto 1530 pretty sharpish.

We're currently providing feedback on an obsolete match engine.

Played 3 games of my season and already have 6 players out injured for lengths of up to 3 months.

How is this STILL a problem? This seems to be an issue every year.

Injury rates are STILL lower than real life.

• SI Staff

In order to test whether there are too many goals in Football Manager – and if so to what extent - I have holidayed through five seasons in full detail with all divisions in England loaded. I will compare these with the equivalent real life divisions, taking into consideration their averages over the previous five seasons.

This is measured through average goals per game.

Premier League:

09/10: 2.77 v 2.82 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.80 v 2.88 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.81 v 2.83 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.80 v 2.97 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.77 v 2.83 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.79 v 2.87 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 0.80 more goals a week, and 30 more goals a season than in real life for the Premier League.

Championship:

09/10: 2.58 v 2.95 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.74 v 2.96 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.57 v 2.90 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.71 v 2.73 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.60 v 2.90 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.64 v 2.89 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 3 more goals a week, and 138 more goals a season than in real life for the Championship.

League One:

09/10: 2.64 v 2.79 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.73 v 2.80 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.70 v 2.99 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.48 v 2.89 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.67 v 2.81 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.64 v 2.86 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 2.64 more goals a week, and 121 more goals a season than in real life for League One.

League Two:

09/10:2.62 v 2.85 :Run-through 1

10/11:2.73 v 2.85 :Run-through 2

11/12:2.64 v 3.03 :Run-through 3

12/13:2.56 v 2.95 :Run-through 4

13/14:2.34 v 3.03 :Run-through 5

5 Season average:2.58 v 2.94 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.32 more goals a week, and 199 more goals a season than in real life for League Two.

Conference Premier:

09/10: 2.56 v 3.16 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.81 v 3.07 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.85 v 3.14 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.88 v 3.17 :Run-through 4 (Four teams managed over 100 goals…)

13/14: 2.70 v 3.00 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.76 v 3.11 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.2 more goals a week, and 193 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference National.

Conference North:

09/10: 2.98 v 3.56 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.99 v 3.21 :Run-through 2

11/12: 3.20 v 3.49 :Run-through 3

12/13: 3.12 v 3.23 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.91 v 3.51 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 3.04 v 3.40 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 3.96 more goals a week, and 166 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference North.

Conference South:

09/10: 2.76 v 3.11 :Run-through 1

11/12: 2.83 v 3.52 :Run-through 3

12/13: 3.05 v 3.35 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.77 v 3.23 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.84 v 3.26 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.62 more goals a week, and 194 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference South.

As can be seen, there are significantly more goals scored in Football Manager 2015 than there are in real life. There are a few seasons between the Championship and League One where goal values fall around the expected range, but these are clearly the exception rather than the norm. Indeed, only Run-through 4 in the Championship yielded a goals per game average that falls within the divisional range. Therefore I suggest that the issue of too many goals (particularly in the lower leagues) is not fixed!

I can upload the save game/ post this on the bugs forum if needed.

Ps. Can anyone tell I’m unemployed…. And single :D

Does anyone else feel that when a player goes on a massive run its impossible for him to score?

Numerous times i see my wingers or my CAM go on a huge run, taking 3,4,5 players on but everytime his shot is wide or over, i never see someone take on the whole team and finish it like, Messi does, or like Ben Arfa did a couple of seasons back, it happens regularly in real life but they can never seem to finish them in FM..

Ok, this feels like a bug because it's mind-boggling...

Played through a season with Barcelona. Two dozens times at least, Messi would be on a breakaway, 1v1 with the keeper, and he never scored. NEVER. Either whiffed the shot or kicked it straight at the keeper. It was impossible for him to get a goal. This is a man with level 20 shooting?? Happened the same with Suarez. Even with pre-season friendlys against random Chinese teams.

I mean, you gotta be kidding me...I'm about to pull my hair out on this one. It's utterly ridiculous, like it's rigged. Anyone else run into this problem?

Not long finished downloading the Demo version so obviously not got anywhere near seeing everything as I'm just scoping out the new look of it and the new UI trying to take everything in.

I do love the lookout of the new UI to be honest, with the main Catagories down the left of the screen and the the Sub-Catagories going along the top of those screens. I love how neat it all seems to look and while there is a lot of information on different screens it doesn't seem to be overloaded. I feel in FM14, which I do like, that some of the screens is like information overload and they can be a bit too busy. Seems a lot easier on the eye and is arranged nicely. Moving from screen to screen is very smooth as well. A small thing, but I like how the clickable text in the News Items and so forth is underlined with a dotted line now rather than a full line. Seems tidier.

I'm taking in the eye-candy and there seems to be a lot of new little changes so it might take a while for me to even get to playing a match :lol:

Fullscreen works fine for me, and I've never had a crash yet (either on the initial beta release or on the two updates so far). The 2038 thing is not something I'm likely to run into for a while though...

Using Mint/xfce.

The fullscreen has been confirmed and apparently fixed (check the bugs forum). If I run with openbox it also seems to be fullscreen -- but it is not. FM is currently running on windowed mode only.

I haven't had a crash, but unresponsiveness comes around every now and then.

2038 needs to be fixed. Otherwise this is a huge limitation -- all saves are capped to 23 1/2 years. I'm confident they are working on this. :)

played 5 matches with the new patch this evening, twice ive seen my keeper take a free kick from near our left corner flag and hit it straight to their AML loitering near our RB who takes it down and has a shot. TIs arent set to play out from the back and the keeper isnt instructed to pass to the defence either. Whys he keep doing this?

EDIT: in fact, ive just had another look at the second one and hes not even near the corner flag, hes closer to the halfway line right by the touchline, why is the keeper even taking that?

played 5 matches with the new patch this evening, twice ive seen my keeper take a free kick from near our left corner flag and hit it straight to their AML loitering near our RB who takes it down and has a shot. TIs arent set to play out from the back and the keeper isnt instructed to pass to the defence either. Whys he keep doing this?

Could you please upload the PKM to the FTP server and create a thread here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

I haven't seen this reported yet, so it would be great if you could.

Jordan Robertson was signed by Bromley FC in the skrill south, as well as Duncan Culley from the even lower leagues. I know Robertson was in last years game. Any chance he could be put in the Bromley squad? I know it's hard because non league always change their players, but Robertson had amazing stats last year and I want to do a Bromley save.

I am I being stupid or has the amount of staff your allowed screen disappeared from the boardroom since the update

It's still there for me but no longer shows number of scouts allowed. Which is annoying.

Noticed this too. No way should a keeper be taking a free kick from these kind of positions. And he definitely shouldn't be just randomly hoofing it while his goal isn't defended.

It's still there for me but no longer shows number of scouts allowed. Which is annoying.

Noticed this too. No way should a keeper be taking a free kick from these kind of positions. And he definitely shouldn't be just randomly hoofing it while his goal isn't defended.

Noticed that. Wish they would put it back.

I seem to be the only person wondering why we are being asked to provide feedback on a Match Engine that has already been superceded.

And why non paying DEMO users are enjoying a more current version of the game than beta customers who have paid for the privilege.

I seem to be the only person wondering why we are being asked to provide feedback on a Match Engine that has already been superceded.

And why non paying DEMO users are enjoying a more current version of the game than beta customers who have paid for the privilege.

Are they? Is the demo not 15.0.3 too?

In order to test whether there are too many goals in Football Manager – and if so to what extent - I have holidayed through five seasons in full detail with all divisions in England loaded. I will compare these with the equivalent real life divisions, taking into consideration their averages over the previous five seasons.

Premier League:

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 0.80 more goals a week, and 30 more goals a season than in real life for the Premier League.

Championship:

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 3 more goals a week, and 138 more goals a season than in real life for the Championship.

League One:

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 2.64 more goals a week, and 121 more goals a season than in real life for League One.

League Two:

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.32 more goals a week, and 199 more goals a season than in real life for League Two.

Conference Premier:

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.2 more goals a week, and 193 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference National.

Conference North:

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 3.96 more goals a week, and 166 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference North.

Conference South:

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.62 more goals a week, and 194 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference South.

As can be seen, there are significantly more goals scored in Football Manager 2015 than there are in real life. There are a few seasons between the Championship and League One where goal values fall around the expected range, but these are clearly the exception rather than the norm. Indeed, only Run-through 4 in the Championship yielded a goals per game average that falls within the divisional range. Therefore I suggest that the issue of too many goals (particularly in the lower leagues) is not fixed!

good stats

Can anybody actually confirm the demo is 15.1.0 and not just the database , preferably with a screenshot ?

Surely we are not playing the beta with an outdated ME like the guy a few posts back is saying ?

Just wait, we've passed it up the food chain and expect to hear back soon.

At worst somebody pressed one button instead of two :) but anyway at this stage the difference between two ME versions can be as little as one update so mass hysteria is a bit pointless.

Are they? Is the demo not 15.0.3 too?

According to a guy a page back the ME in the Demo is v1530 compared to 1529 in the Beta.

Just wait, we've passed it up the food chain and expect to hear back soon.

At worst somebody pressed one button instead of two :) but anyway at this stage the difference between two ME versions can be as little as one update so mass hysteria is a bit pointless.

No hysteria mate, just seemed too bizarre to be true.

Premier League:

Championship:

League One:

League Two:

Conference Premier:

Conference North:

Conference South:

Top work. Premier League isnt too bad. The others are wow. Mental

Archived