Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Been noticing that keepers would get up and save the first shot. but they take so long to recover, that its easy for a striker to come and simply tap in the rebound. and many times, would class players like reus, sanchez take ridiculously off target shots.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played four matches since the newest update. ME is by far the most realistic I've ever seen from FM. Incredible job SI. Results have been 0-1, 2-1, 1-0, 1-1 with Tottenham. It's actually felt like real football. If anything I'm actually having a hard time scoring now. Keep up the great work, you guys have done a phenomenal job with FM15.

Enjoying the Beta, but finding it easier than in past versions of the game, playing as Liverpool and 2nd in EPL in 1st season and have just put out Real Madrid to make the CL quarter

final ! Little gripe in that I don't seem to be able to see the touchline in 3D match mode (using elevated view).

Enjoying the Beta, but finding it easier than in past versions of the game, playing as Liverpool and 2nd in EPL in 1st season and have just put out Real Madrid to make the CL quarter

final ! Little gripe in that I don't seem to be able to see the touchline in 3D match mode (using elevated view).

Use your mouse wheel to scroll/zoom out.

The lack of response from mods regarding the tactic screen is quite disappointing.

Still awaiting a reply in to why it was changed from quite frankly the perfect one in FM2014. Everything in one place. Didn't have to look at the other side of the screen to select roles etc.

Just had a really bizarre piece of defending from an opposition free kick. The free kick was for the opposition about 40 yards out on the right. Just before its about to be taken almost all of my players suddenly rush upfield leaving Rafael to defend against five Crystal Palace players. And when I say rush upfield I mean they were halfway to the centre circle when the free kick was taken. My mouse was in serious danger of being flung across the room!! What made it a little better was that by some miracle Rafael won the ball in the air and cleared!!!

Will post to bugs forum.

The lack of response from mods regarding the tactic screen is quite disappointing.

Still awaiting a reply in to why it was changed from quite frankly the perfect one in FM2014. Everything in one place. Didn't have to look at the other side of the screen to select roles etc.

You've left your feedback in the thread. You don't like it, that's fine. Mods don't work for SI so we can't answer for them. They're very busy with release on Friday and if someone can/wants to answer, they will. Can you drop it now, please?

Edit: I'll say this much, there would have been reasons for them changing things. They wouldn't just change something just because they can. They take the feedback onboard, so who knows?

Have been playing this solid from the first release. I'm loving the new ball physics. Goal kicks now are so realistic. The ball just floats and holds up in the air. The little outside of the boot touches, for example are so little in the whole context of the game but add so much to the match engine. It is by far the most polished M.E for a long, long time and I am glad that SI have taken criticism on board from FM14 and changed things.

Tactics screen I really dislike. On a previous release many years ago, Miles said that the company had done some GUI studies on the number of mouse clicks to complete a certain task and also general studies of how people play the game - specifically in terms of how easy the user found buttons and menu's on the screen. I wonder if it is worth SI doing the same to a brand new user and compare the difference between FM12/13/14 and FM15 tactics screens side by side?

Just had a really bizarre piece of defending from an opposition free kick. The free kick was for the opposition about 40 yards out on the right. Just before its about to be taken almost all of my players suddenly rush upfield leaving Rafael to defend against five Crystal Palace players. And when I say rush upfield I mean they were halfway to the centre circle when the free kick was taken. My mouse was in serious danger of being flung across the room!! What made it a little better was that by some miracle Rafael won the ball in the air and cleared!!!

Will post to bugs forum.

Haha, reminds me of this one FIFA bug: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0IWN1GCSo

Just a quick observation and suggestion on the subscribed news: I'm currently subscribing to match summaries from another league. I get a matchday preview which mentions the biggest game in the league that day and a list of fixtures. The following day/evening I get a matchday review with a very brief roundup of the biggest game of the day but there's no actual list of results. Wouldn't it make sense just to include a list of matchday results here as the preview had?

Would make it far easier to follow different subscribed leagues at a glance. Presumably this wouldn't be hard to implement either.

The mods aren't required to respond really are they, they just 'mod' these forums. I do get your point though, it is without doubt the biggest backwards step in the game and I can;t see the thinking behind it. It's a strange decision from SI as it's not just something that needed improvement and has been left untouched, it's essentially been made significantly worse.

Odd really.

The mods aren't required to respond really are they, they just 'mod' these forums. I do get your point though, it is without doubt the biggest backwards step in the game and I can;t see the thinking behind it. It's a strange decision from SI as it's not just something that needed improvement and has been left untouched, it's essentially been made significantly worse.

Odd really.

I know nothing about coding or gaming, but I'd imagine to re-hash the tactics screen at this late stage is a bigger job, not a tweak? I'd be surprised if it's changed just yet, if at all.

Had an evening on the new update last night, and have to say, very happy with it. I'm not one to go through the ME with a fine-toothed comb to spot the tiniest of mistakes, so by my reckoning it's playing better than before, but most importantly, it's now smooth as silk. The action was a little jerky at times in the first beta incarnation, but after yesterday's update, I can put it on the top detail settings and still have absolutely no stutter or slowdown. Good job on that one.

Hi, forgive me for not reading the Whole thread, I've got a question: why we cannot search anymore a player using non-attributes criteria? I can't find how you set other search criteria (height, preferred foot, weight, age, contract status, ecc.)...

...just found, maybe one of the improvements in the 15.0.3 update...

I have had an issue with my GK ratings. I think it has been mentioned before but couldn't find where.

Just played as Hyde and won 5-1 at home to Stockport. At the break the score was 2-1 to us, the Stockport goal was a cross headed in at the back post, no fault to the keeper at all. Come full time my keeper ends with a 0.1 rating and looking closer apparently he made 181 mistakes during the game. :confused:

hp0W6gq.png

K8KbCN3.png

I have had an issue with my GK ratings. I think it has been mentioned before but couldn't find where.

Just played as Hyde and won 5-1 at home to Stockport. At the break the score was 2-1 to us, the Stockport goal was a cross headed in at the back post, no fault to the keeper at all. Come full time my keeper ends with a 0.1 rating and looking closer apparently he made 181 mistakes during the game. :confused:

hp0W6gq.png

K8KbCN3.png

It has been reported in the bug forum here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/404268-Reviewed-GK-with-0.1-rating

:)

Could you upload a .pkm to the Bug Report that StormenDK has linked please? Seems to be that single errors are being "counted" multiple times, driving the ratings down.

A guide as to how to upload .pkms is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399625

Guest El Payaso

Maybe like 10 games played and compared to the previous update I've noticed these:

- I'm actually having more scoring chances per game and seem to be able to score 3-4 goals per games with decent performances.

- Corner kicks now much much more dangerous which is a bad thing. Really enjoyed that they weren't that effective previously.

- Wingers' dribbling improved... Once again it is a bad thing as you can now rely even more on your wide play to get you the wins.

- Defending generally... hard to say. In midfield it doesn't work and you really rarely see good dispossessions from midfielders but this has been the case for years. Those defensive minded midfielders just aren't respected enough in these games.

- Crosses are still mightily threatening and you are able to get serious amount of crosses in as the wideplay is like open highway, especially full-backs are always unmarked and able to get free crosses in.

I don't know generally. Didn't make that big difference in gameplay. I'm still enjoying it quite a lot but was really expecting it to be harder for me to break the AI defences after the update but that really isn't the case.

Hi. I have this player and he is properly world class. I've had him 7 seasons and every season except his first he averaged above 7. The thing I find very very odd is, not once in his 7 seasons was there the slightest interest from a bigger club. Very weird as he is 10 times better than anyone else in my average squad that there has been no interest in him at all in 7 seasons.

Wondering if it is a problem or what causes another club to become interested? I'm delighted nobody wants him but I just find it odd. Especially since I have awful finances so maybe I will need to sell eventually. 2014-11-04_00001_zpsda123382.jpg"]2014-11-04_00001_zpsda123382.jpg[/url]

Maybe like 10 games played and compared to the previous update I've noticed these:

- I'm actually having more scoring chances per game and seem to be able to score 3-4 goals per games with decent performances.

- Corner kicks now much much more dangerous which is a bad thing. Really enjoyed that they weren't that effective previously.

- Wingers' dribbling improved... Once again it is a bad thing as you can now rely even more on your wide play to get you the wins.

- Defending generally... hard to say. In midfield it doesn't work and you really rarely see good dispossessions from midfielders but this has been the case for years. Those defensive minded midfielders just aren't respected enough in these games.

- Crosses are still mightily threatening and you are able to get serious amount of crosses in as the wideplay is like open highway, especially full-backs are always unmarked and able to get free crosses in.

I don't know generally. Didn't make that big difference in gameplay. I'm still enjoying it quite a lot but was really expecting it to be harder for me to break the AI defences after the update but that really isn't the case.

Which team are you playing as out of interest?

Anyone else find that Full backs do absolutely nothing defensively?

Mine seem to want to be extra centre backs, they leave the opposition wingers completely alone in space but then when the wingers get the ball, they charge towards them but never get close before the winger crosses it....usually to the other winger on the far side who is also completely un-marked ofcourse and bangs it in! My full backs may as well not exist, they never get close to anything or anyone! Why can;t they mark wingers? they always double up on the strikers with my centre backs but then run out wide when the wingers get it but always too slow to get to them in time and are thus cut out of the game! Is it just me?? anyone else?

• SI Staff
Hi. I have this player and he is properly world class. I've had him 7 seasons and every season except his first he averaged above 7. The thing I find very very odd is, not once in his 7 seasons was there the slightest interest from a bigger club. Very weird as he is 10 times better than anyone else in my average squad that there has been no interest in him at all in 7 seasons.

Wondering if it is a problem or what causes another club to become interested? I'm delighted nobody wants him but I just find it odd. Especially since I have awful finances so maybe I will need to sell eventually. 2014-11-04_00001_zpsda123382.jpg"]2014-11-04_00001_zpsda123382.jpg[/url]

Could you post this here please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/425-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

I don't know, but I feel like the ME has become worse than before. I didn't have any problems with 15.0.2. Now it seems I'm conceding goals left and right. Every corner is a goal, every long shot is a goal, I see own goals, stupid defeding etc. Last game I was behind 5-0 at HT against a smaller club and I played with a conservative approach. I'll wait for the next patch.

Mine seem to want to be extra centre backs, they leave the opposition wingers completely alone in space but then when the wingers get the ball, they charge towards them but never get close before the winger crosses it....usually to the other winger on the far side who is also completely un-marked ofcourse and bangs it in! My full backs may as well not exist, they never get close to anything or anyone! Why can;t they mark wingers? they always double up on the strikers with my centre backs but then run out wide when the wingers get it but always too slow to get to them in time and are thus cut out of the game! Is it just me?? anyone else?

It depends on their mentality setting, I have mine on attack and that's what they'll do, hoping my DM covers for them. A support setting makes them think twice before bombing forward and a defend setting is just that, they'll sit tight and defend.

I agree this happens a lot.

If play is building on the left flank, your full back on the opposing flank is drawn into the penalty area to help out. Not always a bad thing & i have observed this behaviour in real games.

If your full back observes play building on the opposite flank, identifies there is an overload in the penalty area he has to make a decision to get involved in that or not so i wouldn't say this is a cut & dried situation where the ME gets it wrong.

However if play is quickly switched to the opposite flank you are exposed, funnily enough the FB that was central quickly makes up ground to be in close proximity to the attacking wide player but generally just stands off and allows him to cross. This is perhaps more of a problem.

I can not play FM until I come home from school, but I have a question:

I was not able to rent a players in my league (the Dutch league) in FMC, because the option was not there. But I could hire players from all the other leagues. So is that also fixed? Because i cant see it on the list.

I don't know, but I feel like the ME has become worse than before. I didn't have any problems with 15.0.2. Now it seems I'm conceding goals left and right. Every corner is a goal, every long shot is a goal, I see own goals, stupid defeding etc. Last game I was behind 5-0 at HT against a smaller club and I played with a conservative approach. I'll wait for the next patch.

What was your tactical setup and who were you playing against?

Guest El Payaso
Which team are you playing as out of interest?
Oviedo in Spanish Segunda. I have a superior material for the league I know but it still feels a bit cheap at times how we win the games. Would win even bigger if my players would score some from half chances also...

• SI Staff
I do miss quick access to my 'shortlist', it's one of my most used screens.

I also miss seeing my available transfer/wage budget remaining when I open the player search and shortlist screens.

You can see the available transfer/wage budget from [Scouting] which has the player search and shortlist screen at all times from the bottom left.

TL_transfer_budget_zps7feab79f.jpg

I think 15.0.3 is certainly and improvement over 15.0.2

Counter attacking is effective but not over the top like it was before. No more 1 man counter attacks from the edge of your own penalty area.

No more lumped balls from your defenders back spinning perfectly into the patch of your striker who easily avoids the 3 defenders marking him.

It just looks more like 'real' football.

However, players are often slow to react to the ball and i've gone from not being remotely concerned by corners to being very concerned by them to the point where they are threatening the balance of the game. Too effective.

I plugged in my defensive corner set up from FM14, might have to re-visit this after the full release unless they are toned down.

I had West Brom flying on 15.0.2, i hit a rough patch initially after 15.0.3 hit and i thought my tactic was 'nerfed' but rode that storm out and are flying again so maybe just coincidence.

I big step in the right direction i think :thup:

Been noticing that keepers would get up and save the first shot. but they take so long to recover, that its easy for a striker to come and simply tap in the rebound. and many times, would class players like reus, sanchez take ridiculously off target shots.

Errrr....yes. Class players like Sanchez and Reus DO miss. Do you just expect them to hit the target every time?

Now that is a player!

A few questions should be asked though,

As you say why is no one interested in him, also why is he still only on 12.75k a week wages? surely a player of that talent would have an agent that would thrash out a better deal, or indeed the agent just refusing to discuss a deal as it would out of your reach to pay him what he should be getting.

Why has he never been called up to the international squad?

Why is his value still so low, it is 2021 in your game and that seems very very low.

Maybe the most important question is why have I not had such a great newgen? :p

Now that is a player!

A few questions should be asked though,

As you say why is no one interested in him, also why is he still only on 12.75k a week wages? surely a player of that talent would have an agent that would thrash out a better deal, or indeed the agent just refusing to discuss a deal as it would out of your reach to pay him what he should be getting.

Why has he never been called up to the international squad?

Why is his value still so low, it is 2021 in your game and that seems very very low.

Maybe the most important question is why have I not had such a great newgen? :p

Well I had him under long term contracts, just signed a new one the other week, asking for 20 odd K per week as he wasnt that interested in renewing, but I offered him the max I could afford, so naturally he asked for plenty of bonuses.

But yeah the value thing etc. It's all very odd. Not the worst though as I get to keep him :D

edit: He had a release clause of 11 or so million under his previous contract to a team in the CL, so was an absolute steal for anyone. Except nobody wanted him.

A few observations over 6 league games:

+Long ball over the top has been toned down considerably, this used to be the main way I was scoring or getting highlights. Now they're much more appropriate.

- Goalkeepers still take too long to get up after a save

- Defenders still take too long to re-act to a rebound, if there is a rebound it's likely to be a goal.

- I'm seeing a lot more of the wide players go right up to the goal line for crosses now, where before they were a lot more content to cross at the byline (the middle sector on the wing of the penalty box) and not the goal line. They still cross from the byline its just they're more likely to push on to the goal line, the problem here is this isn't the best of areas for a cross to come in, they either cross low and short to another wide player, cross along the line where the keeper cuts it out, or run it out of play/cross it against the defender.

-High scoring games, there seems to be a magic switch getting flicked somewhere where the engine decides to run with several goals - I thought my 4-3 at Chelsea was one off, mainly because it was just that damn good of a game. I ended up quitting out of the next game because it looked stupid; West Ham, 4-3 at half time (both teams with 5 shots on target, none of them particularly good chances), by the 50th minute it was 7-5, again no real proper chances. I quit and replayed and it was a much more sensible 1-0, with goalkeepers making sensible saves and the goal-shot ratio making a bit more sense. Would I have made this point if I hadn't experienced the 4-3 originally? I'm not sure, but two of those type of games in quick succession makes me think I should bring it up.

-Players lack agility (or the engine is very slow to represent things) - I'll give an example; Van Persie gets in the box, he shoots and the keeper saves with his legs, the ball runs wide and is just about going out. Ashley Young runs after it, stops the ball and then takes forever and a day to turn around on the ball. So much so, five defenders manage to get back from midfield. This isn't strictly a one-off either, fast, agile players don't really shift direction and turn that fluidly, they take too long to move and/or shift their positions.

-Decision making in attack is a bit slow - Sometimes you see this more in goal mouth scrambles or in the box, the player gets in a shooting position and refuses to shoot, he'll take an age (as per the agility thing above) to finally shift the ball and take the shot. On the other hand, I saw a peach of a shot from the AI, Giroud was facing the wrong way, in a good shooting position and had to 'morph' his body in order to pull off an absolutely cracking shot that went inches wide of the post. If that had gone in, I can imagine I'd have been very annoyed when that sort of thing is shown in contract to the more 'plodding' manner of my own highlights; It warrants looking at in general, and I raise it because I can picture it being one of those things people will latch on to for arguments sake.

NB: For clarity; Giroud shot with his right foot, but was still facing the halfway line, so away from goal. He also managed a similar thing to score later on, but actually turned his body on that occasion.

-Tied in with the high scoring games; There is still in my opinion a problem with chance conversion, in the first example I gave, shots just instantly go in on random matches, on the other hand there is the chance of a team dominating so strongly that you can imagine they won't score. I watched the United vs Newcastle game, there was over 25+ shots, the majority of them on target, a whooping 8 clear cut chances, I identified most of those chances as actual genuine chances; For example, cut back, open goal, cut back, three yard tap in (was a hell of a keeper save too!) a few good one on ones and so on. The result was 2-0, both goals scored were either from, 'messy' moments, like a rebound, or a speculative shot that just went in.

-Tied in with the above; I, personally, notice on the whole, that my team always seem to score more speculative shots than they ever do with proper chances. Poor decision making maybe, but I'm rather confident the tactical set up isn't strictly the issue; it makes good chances, just we prefer to score the more difficult ones. I had the same issue in 14 as well, maybe I need better composed players? But I do have a very strong attack-force so I'm not particularly sure why I would be suffering this so much! :)

Wow...

Not sure if this was caused by the game or the Steam client, but here is what has happened right now:

Exited the game, was browsing the Steam client for screenshots of an other game... and FM 15 just started running again!

Exited once more, but a few seconds later, it was already running again...

Did this a few more times before I shut down Steam altogether, that stopped it.

Weird.

Does anyone know whether you can edit the Match Stats widget to show only percentages of passes complete, tackles and aerial challenges? It also shows the absolute amount now, but that doesn't interest me and only takes up extra space.

Wow...

Not sure if this was caused by the game or the Steam client, but here is what has happened right now:

Exited the game, was browsing the Steam client for screenshots of an other game... and FM 15 just started running again!

Exited once more, but a few seconds later, it was already running again...

Did this a few more times before I shut down Steam altogether, that stopped it.

Weird.

Steam did that with FM14 too. Not really sure why.

Archived