Best CM/FM-player all time? And favorite player all time?

Who was the South African, or possibly North American central midfielder in CM 03/04? He was insanely good, with 20 passing, work rate, team work, stamina, tackling etc. I seem to remember he had a double-barrelled name.

Argh! Think I'll have to dig up that disc wherever it is.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the South African, or possibly North American central midfielder in CM 03/04? He was insanely good, with 20 passing, work rate, team work, stamina, tackling etc. I seem to remember he had a double-barrelled name.

Can't find the flipping game. Think I leant it to a mate. Anybody know who I'm on about? Really desperate to find out now.

Also in CM 03/04, Mbo Mbuezela (sp?) was immense, with 20 for Tackling and Marking IIRC.

is abit of an old one as in Championship Manager 2

Della Vela or Velo...

anyway...he was brilliant, up front with Sherear...

those were the days, the days before the board room, the scouting, before the Imperial Empire...

Also, for those way into the game where everyones a Regen.

Jordan Dugdale, my welsh wonderkid...

Ah the good old days. I still remember dominic Iorfa from one of the first cm's and then there was craig hignett, lamptey and the absolute ledge that was scott green from bolton always scored hundreds.

Chris hope was class from 93 right through to 01/02, then theres martin liguera, to madeira, the tsigalko brothers, zlatan something or other from the late days of cm (not ibrahimovic) he played for atalanta and udinese in the recent games. Andres fleurquin was always my first buy years ago, along with bakircioglu.

nowadays the only players i must have are nihat and aguero from the most recent fm.

there arent really so many legend players about anymore maybe the games more realistic that way.

oh yeah and stan collymore on a free, chris bart-williams back in 93 and i almost forgot alexander farnerud

Ah the good old days. I still remember dominic Iorfa from one of the first cm's and then there was craig hignett, lamptey and the absolute ledge that was scott green from bolton always scored hundreds.

Chris hope was class from 93 right through to 01/02, then theres martin liguera, to madeira, the tsigalko brothers, zlatan something or other from the late days of cm (not ibrahimovic) he played for atalanta and udinese in the recent games. Andres fleurquin was always my first buy years ago, along with bakircioglu.

nowadays the only players i must have are nihat and aguero from the most recent fm.

there arent really so many legend players about anymore maybe the games more realistic that way.

oh yeah and stan collymore on a free, chris bart-williams back in 93 and i almost forgot alexander farnerud

OMG, that was a manager game! CM93! The first thing to do was to sign Any Goram, the only decent goalie in the game. MAn Utd with Andrey Kanchelskis, some lousy kid called Nicky Butt, Cantona, Steve Bruce etc.! Withdrawn, thoughtful or responsible personalities...

Is it allowed to discuss the legendary Football Manager 2, from commodore/atari/amiga days?

OMG, that was a manager game! CM93! The first thing to do was to sign Any Goram, the only decent goalie in the game. MAn Utd with Andrey Kanchelskis, some lousy kid called Nicky Butt, Cantona, Steve Bruce etc.! Withdrawn, thoughtful or responsible personalities...

Is it allowed to discuss the legendary Football Manager 2, from commodore/atari/amiga days?

Boy are we getting old....

Guest rainbow_butt_monkey

My favourites were on FM05, my Brazilian attacking quartet at Getafe, Ederson, Nadson, Evandro Roncatto and Ilhan Mansiz. Also Naldo the CB from RS Futebol in Brazil, same club as Ederson all turned out immense and really cheap. Mansiz on a free was amazing business and Nadson, who wasn't the best player ever always seemed to bang them in for me, think I brought him from Suwon or someone similar in Korea. Roncatto has already been mentioned.

On older CMs I always remember managing Boca and Saviola, what an immense player he was back then, and the two Georgians, Chelidze in particular.

Alex Notman and Jimmy Davis were the jewels in my Notts County team that dominated English football back in CM 99/00.

Can't remember if I signed Phil Mulryne as well, basically any Man U offcasts I could get my hands on!

Oh yeah Alex Notman :D. He had over 50 caps for my Scotland team that won the world cup and had scored more goals than games played. What a Legend.

Martin Palermo aswell, i'd let him have my babies if only i had a womb.

Orri Freyr Oskarsson on CM03/04 was immense. Never has such an overall average player exploited the match engine so ruthlessly.

On the same game I'd go with David Suazo, then at Cagliari and Alpay who was a free agent at the start of the game.

On CM4 the partnership of Ben Strevens and Junior Agogo fired my Barnet team all the way to the Premiership from the Conference.

On FM2005 Shaun Wright-Phillips and Stewart Downing were guaranteed to get an average rating of around 8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic was even better and on that game the best dribbler I've seen on any CM/FM game.

In FM2008 I had a guy called Enzo Perez when managing in Argentina. He was a right winger and scored 14 goals one season with many more assists. I looked for him on another save game though and he was crap. Roman Diaz is also a great player in Argentina who got numerous assists for me from central midfield, as well as a few goals.

either

Stanton Fredericks

or

Ryan Hartslief

or

Benedict Vilakazi

is it one of them?

lol

either

Stanton Fredericks

or

Ryan Hartslief

or

Benedict Vilakazi

is it one of them?

lol

No it's none of those, but thanks for looking. I'll get the CD back off my mate tomorrow and I'll let you know.

The name Freddy comes to mind, but that may be Adu (and it definitely wasn't him). But so does Thomson and William. :confused:

Shall let you know tomorrow...

EDIT: Oh my god my memory is good!

Fredy William Thompson [DM RLC] (£500k)

Source: http://www.winningxi.com/cm0304/cm0304signings.php

I can't remember the versions but from the CM era:

Javier Saviola, Pablo Aimar, Juan Pablo Sorin.

Stefan Selakovic, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Mads Jorgensen, Sharbel Touma.

Andri SigPorsson, Peter Prospar, Tonton Mokoukou Zola

Most have mine have been mentioned. One of my Favs was Tommy Svindal Larsson. Going back a bit further, I used to love Georghe Hagi. He used to be awsome!

Also, anyone remember on one of the older games (not sure which one), there would be the occasional regen who would have 20 stats for everything, except a 1 for stamina (I think)?

Gotta be Cherno Samba :D on the the old CM, can't remember which one, but i always used to start as Millwall because for a (what is now regarded as) Championship club they had quite a lot of money and some great players.

He always used to come good for me, and scored an injury time winner in the World Cup final for England after being brought on as a sub. Good times....gooood times.

Skalidis has been mentioned. I found him completely accidentally on a scouting trip. It was what prompted me to go online in the first place and go "hey guys I found this dude." I remember my vicious reply going something akin to "You ****ing n00b, he's obvious." and such like.

Personal favourite would have to be Kieron Dyer from 01/02, for my Newcastle team that won the champions league he never got shifted. I remember clear as day his stats - not one was below 17 with the exception of finishing, which was 15.

17s and 20s across the board. Ridiculous. But awesome.

Oh, on FM2007, Daniel Sturridge and Federico Laurito formed a deadly partnership at Spurs, with Sturridge getting more goals than games in one season (about 40 in 39 or so)! Then I bought some Brazilian (Igor?) and he kept Laurito out the side.

Darren Bent on FM2008 is surprisingly deadly, regardless of his donkey attirbutes, scoring 34 in 34 on one save (which I think I still have).

No it's none of those, but thanks for looking. I'll get the CD back off my mate tomorrow and I'll let you know.

The name Freddy comes to mind, but that may be Adu (and it definitely wasn't him). But so does Thomson and William. :confused:

Shall let you know tomorrow...

EDIT: Oh my god my memory is good!

Fredy William Thompson [DM RLC] (£500k)

Source: http://www.winningxi.com/cm0304/cm0304signings.php

8)

I was scrolling through the pages not believing that everyone could forget Fredy until your post.

Legendary midfielder. He was from the Caribbean (Honduras or Guatemala?) iirc.

I think my favourite was a guy (I suspect he was a regen) from back on CM 00/01 who I signed for Scunthorpe called Sonny Westergren. Cost me £9k and banged in 7 hattricks in his first 15 games...

My favourite players on 08 so far are Artem Milevskiy, Krisztian Nemeth, Havard Nordtveit, Lubos Kalouda, Lucas Biglia... I'm sure there are more, but you get the drift.

Favourite player for 09 will almost certainly be Dani Pacheco ;)

Also, on 00/01 Craig Pead, Gary Mason... both utterly ridunkulous...

And Todorov on 03/04, along with an Italian FLC whose name escapes me - had a million pace and finishing and was unstoppable... he's still in games but he's rubbish.

FM07 - Fola Onibuje in the lower leagues :D

Wow this brings back memories!

I can't remember for the life of me what versions but...........

Neil Lennon (At Crewe)

Danny Murphy (At Crewe)

To Madeira

Jonas Lunden

Peter Waatovaara (I think thats how it was spelt???)

Tonton Mokouko

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Taribo West (Free Agent)

Arjen Robben (Groningen)

Freddy William Thompson

Dwight Pezzarossi

Wow this brings back memories!

I can't remember for the life of me what versions but...........

Neil Lennon (At Crewe)

Danny Murphy (At Crewe)

To Madeira

Jonas Lunden

Peter Waatovaara (I think thats how it was spelt???)

Tonton Mokouko

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Taribo West (Free Agent)

Arjen Robben (Groningen)

Freddy William Thompson

Dwight Pezzarossi

Robben was ace in 01/02, shame he had a huge future transfer already agreed. Michael Lamey was another funny one like that - I'm sure they put an extra zero on the end of his transfer fee by accident. The two of them together used to almost bankrupt PSV.

fm05 (i think) i blew my whole transfer budget on ronaldinho, who went on to score 60 goals in his first season, including 6 free kicks in a single match v portsmouth...

cm 03 (i think) played as arsenal, by the 2007/08 season jerome thomas was my top scorer and jermaine pennant was the most valuable player in the world at £27 million

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Ronald Gomez on one of the CMs, either 00/01 or 01/02 when he was at OFI, you could pick him up for a reasonable fee and he'd always get you goals.

Also i think it was 01/02 you could pick up Hadda Kamatcho on a free transfer and he was lethal in front of goal for most bottom half Prem sides and below.