Secrets and Surprises

Apologies if this has already been asked. Not been on here in a while.

I'm just wondering if anyone has come across any hidden secrets or surprises on FM14.

I've been at Man Utd for about 13 seasons now and I was hoping for a statue.

Has anyone had a statue made or a stand named after them?

Miles did hint that a statue was in the game somewhere but 'depends on a bunch of stuff'

I've heard rumours that you can unlock things by eg winning the Champions League in your first season.

Only one I've heard of is the APril fools joke - I think if you are playing on April 1st IRL and also hit that date in the game then people were getting a message about a billionaire takeover, 500m+ transfer budget etc........obv which was a joke.

Plus if you play on your birthday IRL and in the game there was something to mark that.

In a previous FM I got a news message about a statue being planned after a cup win, so it can happen!

Wasn't that message something along the lines of "some supporters saying there should be a statue made" not that they were actually making a statue, I remember seeing a message along those lines, never seen one saying there was actually going to be a statue made.

Not really a secret as such but sometimes when a job comes available and shows in the inbox, it mentions about signing a real manager rather than someone that plays a football management game.

Basically, A FM in FM mention.

Also all the groovy headlines with nicknames. Aston Villa-inous, Cle-Verona, i made a thread about them.

Not really a secret as such but sometimes when a job comes available and shows in the inbox, it mentions about signing a real manager rather than someone that plays a football management game.

Basically, A FM in FM mention.

Also all the groovy headlines with nicknames. Aston Villa-inous, Cle-Verona, i made a thread about them.

"After sifting through the usual "Football Manager" applicants". I often see something along those lines with a new job.

I heard of users that played very long saves and got their son at the club's academy. I think there was a youtuber who showed a guide " How to get a son in FM" or something like that.

Got my son on FM12. :thup:

I also play FMC now as you can bring your own son into the club after keeping a player at the club for 10 seasons.

• 4 years later...

I’m still playing this same save 5 years later. My manager (Dave Slave) is still at Man Utd (now 87 years old) and Old Trafford was renamed Slave Stadium in his honour.

No statue yet. No sons appeared either.

Stamford Bridge is now the Zola Arena.

Archived