3D Staduims FM09

i think the new 3d could be a world of possibilities!

would be great if fans could do stadiums, team kits, all that stuff like in PES series.

i think it's also important that a black player is also black on the pitch, it will ruin the experience if it's not like that

I wish people wouldn't be so exited about the 3D thing. I mean, just look at the first incarnation of the current match engine (CM4) as I recall it wasn't perfect, people moaned and it and it still gets criticized from some quarters. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to suggest that the 3D in FM 2009 could cause the same results as well as the same reaction.

What else would be ok, when the players come off the pitch, i would like to see 3D interviews with the players and managers because it would be amazing to see that and if you get into final of a cup comp and you win i would like to see the players walk around stadium with the cup.

I think one should not set expectations too high for the 3D engine. Its the first version of the feature and i believe there will be some mistakes made (but i do hope that they get it right the first time :D) You are not going to get fifaesque representation in this version...i think it will only be the players and the pitch that will be 3D and no stadiums yet (though i might be wrong) Getting the on-pitch animations should be a priority rather than stadiums, fans, flags etc etc...those things can be slowly added later on

Aye, but that's what I want! The club's who have a "stadium" rather than a stadium :thup:

Agree! If there's gonna be any hint what so ever of realism, then the stadiums must at least match the capasity size if not the looks.

Another thing I'd like to see with the new 3D matchplay, would be the possibility to view the match from the sideline or a few rows up in the stands like managers do IRL.

Miles Jacobson has said that No direct stadium looks or crowds. There will be different types of stadium based on the size of the stadium, but that'll be quite basic this year.

Even this would be a good addition - I think I would feel a great sense of achievement seeing my team coming onto a larger pitch for the first time, after it has been expanded/rebuilt by the board.

be amazing to help the board design a new stadium !!

Not really matey, I don't think Alex Ferguson sits down with Auto Cad and create 3000 extra seats at Old Trafford amongst searching his transfer list!!!

What Would be good though is the stadium evolving as it increases in capacity, and bigger clubs depicting bigger stadiums to boot.

The game looks amazing and i can not wait until it comes out. I need to asked one question about 3D, are the players that come out onto the pitch will they be in there own stadiums because it would be amazing if that could happen.

All sounds a bit console game to me, I couldn't give two creamy shakes what the stadium looks like as very little of it is viewable in the match engine anyway. It'll only be a further graphical burden that detracts from SI's attention to management detail.

If the modders find a way - great, but it all being a bit FIFA I'd personally rather see faster patches and improved gameplay.

Archived