Exchange deal game design error: available salary not updated

In an exchange deal the salary money saved on the leaving player should become available to sign the new player. FM14 does not do this.

I am currently trying to exchange a couple of players for a player of another club. All these players will be out of contract in a year and do not want to sign a new contract with their current club so both clubs are willing to make this deal.

However an error in the game makes these deals almost impossible: Because I am exchanging players, my club will no longer have to pay their salaries after the players have moved to their new club. This means their salaries will become available again on my weekly salary budget (for example: the players have weekly salaries of 5000, 3000 and 2500€, so when these players have left I should have 10500€ per week to spend on salaries), this is money that I need to offer a contract to the player I am trying to sign in this same exchange deal.

However FM14 does not do these simple maths: The contract I am allowed to offer to the player I am trying to sign in this deal is still based on pre-exchange financials, as if I would still have to pay the salaries for the 3 players that will leave the club in this exchange deal. As this money is not made available for the new signing, the deal falls through.

This happens for both teams in the deal, making exchange deals with tight salary budgets almost impossible because the available budgets are not correctly updated during the exchange negotiations.

I believe this is something to look into for future editions of this game.

Archived