Attention: SEGA and all SI Mods. The state of this board.

Sy13

Watching people have meltdowns on the internet is great fun though isn't it?

Some people take the whole forums things a bit too seriously. I thought most of them left

Any kind of "he did this but didn't get in trouble but I did" is quite tiresome though

Generally when someone gets a temp banning I notice it and kind of think 'yeah, they've been winding people up'. I rarely bother with what the single post that pushed it over the line is

Ho Hum

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want the mods to stick as rigidly as possible to the rules, shouldn't Sy get an infraction for insulting SI staff? Assuming we count mods as staff, that is.

Also, I went through the rule posts, and I couldn't see the one about circumventing the foul language filter. It definitely used to be in there, right?

Sadly, the vast majority of users that actually made this board great in the first place have moved on.

Nonsense. A handful, and that's to be taken literally, only a very few, are missed. The rest remain of the category 'coolest kids in the classroom' who ran off to go to a place where they can do whatever the hell they like and if that makes them happy, good on them, but it did not make this board collapse or anything like that. Those who made and make the board great are right here, right now.

He's not back in the thread yet. Y'think he's read the reaction and is a bit ashamed to show his face?

Unlikely. I doubt he is ashame of anything. He is probably just sulking at his "beautiful wife" about how much we bully him on an internet forum

What we're left with is a collection of keyboard warriors that want to wave their virtual-knobs all over the internet to make up for the seemingly lack of pleasure in their real lives .

Love this part, coming from somebody who a) seems like the most miserable **** on the forum who will complain about literally everything his team does. B) complains about being victimised by some Internet forum moderators and c) was given an ASBO on an Internet forum.

Well played Sy. :applause:

What a crybaby. Yes, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of examples of posts which COULD have been punished, but given that the mods are few, and unpaid, you can't seriously expect them to be able to police absolutely everything perfectly. I've had numerous warnings for being a naughty boy, so I try to adjust my behaviour a little. It's called "taking responsibility for your actions."

I had a few infractions from Serpico.

The two I remember are for saying Doctor Who was rubbish and for asking that if bars refuse to serve you when drunk, why don't McDonalds refuse to serve fat people.

Only time I've been genuinely annoyed by the modding was when I reported a post where someone called Tom Daley a 'poof'. Not sure what the thought process was behind the action took but there was no infraction or ban handed out which I found pretty hard to believe.

Otherwise it's just what you get when you put humans in charge of anything, a bias, inconsistent but usually passable cluster****.

I remember being pissed one night and started a thread on OTF when I'd just joined called "Whupppaaaaarr" or something like it with just continuous posts of the thread title in it...it got locked pretty quick and I got a warning...then the next time I was hammered I did the same thing and got infracted...so fair play there.

I got a week ban for posting a football stream (I hadn't read the rules stoopid me) and another ban when I wrote something about John Terry...I think I combined a couple of swear words or something so it ended up showing rather than starring it out. Deserved ban but was worth it.

I haven't done anything remotely ban worthy in quite a while really (apart from supporting spurs hardyharhar)

<blah blah blah> Sadly, the vast majority of users that actually made this board great in the first place have moved on. I am very close to doing the same. <blah blah blah>

bye then, don't forget your coat

Just to clarify something, Sy was banned for Persistent anti social behaviour in addition to frivolously reporting posts. We're very lenient on swearing in FF and OTF.

Well that's total rubbish. I've been called a **** numerous times by the same old users. Talk amongst yourselves whether that's true or not, but when I then get an infraction for using "Twitter" with an A instead of an I, then see much worse terms left unpunished, then you start to wonder.

True Andy, I read those reports as Sy waving an imaginary card in the ref's face, he needs to lighten up, grow up and look up (to people like Retro who know how to dish out insults in a civilised manner :D

So "yid" - an openly racist term - is ok now is it?

Yeah, whatever.

He talks about racism but he did call Wenger a surrender monkey :D

And I got done for it. What's your point?

He's not back in the thread yet. Y'think he's read the reaction and is a bit ashamed to show his face?

I've been out all day, you know, living my life!

I'm going to stroll into this thread and ask what on earth is a (dare I?) yid and why is it racist?

a (supposedly) offensive term to describe a jewish person, predominantly adopted by Spurs fans who now use it after having opposition fans use it as an insult against them for years.

Welcome back Sy!!! :D I'm privileged that my quote made your OP.

tbh I've made that joke to you quite a few times- and you've never taken offence before. It's clearly a reference to your constant moaning and negativity about Arsenal, the joke being (I know it's obvious) you may be a closet Spurs fan. But I'll make sure I use 'Spurs fan' and not 'YID' to you in future.

For anyone who isn't sure I do support Spurs.

This is why....

1) Your persistent and frivolous post reporting for trivial and baseless issues. Eg your "yid" and swearing reports recently.

2) Your anti social and inflammatory behaviour on OTF and FF. You frequently are rude and disparaging towards other users and is ruining the mood on the threads.

Apparently, being a total idiot only applies to me and not a large number of others that are far worse than me and swear/use racist terms as well.

Are you honestly going to hide the reason for your ban that I'm alluding to (probably because you know the other people on the forum will think "oh yeah, fair enough" when they read it)?

I mean, really?

Yeah, fair enough :)

last infraction I got was for posting a selfie of me and RickyButton with the caption "scott_mufc is a ****" :D was at the height of his trolling tbf and clearly a crap parody of the classic "Ruckus is a ****" pictures that people used to post. Also got a PM from a mod a few months ago because one of my posts had loads of swearing in it. tbf I swear all the time in every day conversation anyway.

pleased to make Sy's OP though :cool:

Archived