Background Logos On Skin

Sudos

Yes you need to edit the titlebar.xml file located in the panels folder for the skin you are using. You need to open the file in a text editor such as Notepad (I recommend Notepad++)

For the default skin deleting the following lines will remove the background logos(lines 27-68 in Notepad++):

<!-- container to handle the layout of the 'background' logos -->

<container height="100">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0"/>

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0"/>

<!-- Right Side Logo -->

<widget class="picture" id="rgtB" auto_size="all" file="pictures/logos/background/default/left">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,right" inset="0"/>

<!-- set main 'background' logo -->

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="sbpc" set_property="file" skip_if_null="false"/>

<!-- tells the picture to listen for the 'main picture needs recolouring' property and sets its own 'should recolour' property from it -->

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="sbrc" set_property="srec" skip_if_null="false"/>

<!-- the background, foreground and outline colours of the object we use for recolouring the default main picture if there is one, and it should be recoloured -->

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bkcl" set_property="rrep"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="fcol" set_property="grep"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ocol" set_property="brep"/>

</widget>

<!-- Left Side Logo -->

<widget class="picture" id="lftB" auto_size="all">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,left" inset="0"/>

<!-- set main 'background' logo -->

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="mbpc" set_property="file" skip_if_null="false"/>

<!-- tells the picture to listen for the 'main picture needs recolouring' property and sets its own 'should recolour' property from it -->

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="mbrc" set_property="srec" skip_if_null="false"/>

<!-- the background, foreground and outline colours of the object we use for recolouring the default main picture if there is one, and it should be recoloured -->

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bkcl" set_property="rrep"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="fcol" set_property="grep"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ocol" set_property="brep"/>

</widget>

</container>

<!-- background logos container -->

If that looks complicated just ensure that your locate the top lines I've made green and select and delete everything down to the bottom green lines - including the green lines.

I'd also suggest you make a couple of the file before editing it - incase something goes wrong.

Once you have done that save the file, load the game up, go into the preferences menu and turn off skin cache and select always reload skin - once you have got rid of the background logos you can put these options back to what they were.

• 4 months later...

The first thing you will need to do is extract the the titlebar.xml file from the skins.fmf file.

To extract the fmf file you'll need to use the Resource Archive Tool - if you are running Vista you can access this through the Games Explorer and right click on FM09 and select Resource Archiver, if you don't have a shortcut you can locate it from where you installed FM09:

\Football Manager 2009\tools\resource archiver

If you have not used the archive tool before I recommend reading the user guide that was installed with it and is located in the above folder.

Extract the skins.fmf file from \Football Manager 2009\data to an easy to find location (such as the My Documents folder)

The easiest next step is too download the base skins from this thread and follow the instructions on how to get them into the game.

Now we need to copy the titlebar.xml file to the one of the skins you'll be using (blank2009 is the default blue left sided FM09 skin), locate the folder that you extracted the skins.fmf file to and browse to:

[EXTRACTED FOLDER]\skins\fm2008\panels

now copy the titlebar.xml to the panels folder for the new blank skin you are using so by default for the blank2009 skin it would be:

\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins\blank2009\panels

Now open the titlebar.xml with notepad (or other text editor) and delete the lines from my previous post above, now save the file load the game select your new skin and the background logos will be gone.

Archived