England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

No leaked team this time around? That's disappointing :(

Somewhat not bothered about this game. Think it's due to me being completely disillusioned with this country right now.

I'm exactly the same, almost hope we don't win as I don't think I'd be able to enjoy it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get over yourselves ffs. Hoping we don't win Jesus Christ

Didn't say I hope we don't win, just not as enthusiastic about it anymore.

That team is strange Brett, Sterling back in!?

Somewhat not bothered about this game. Think it's due to me being completely disillusioned with this country right now.

Agreed. Pretty ashamed of my country currently. And not looking forward to the inevitable Iceland penalties win so we can embarrassed to the list of feelings.

Agreed. Pretty ashamed of my country currently. And not looking forward to the inevitable Iceland penalties win so we can embarrassed to the list of feelings.

I think it will be victory made harder than it should be, but agreed not feeling hugely fussed by it. Maybe that will change by game time

Probably doesn't help that it's highly likely to be an absolute joke of a game. Iceland being very organised, either playing for penalties or trying to hit a rare counter, and England fumbling around not quite sure what to do with themselves. Only question is just how bad it'll be - worse than Portugal Croatia?

Sorry mate, but this actually makes you an embarrassment.

Hahaha. To be fair to old Wiggins, I think he said that to the suggestion that someone actually doesn't want England to win - which would probably be a bit much.

Hahaha. To be fair to old Wiggins, I think he said that to the suggestion that someone actually doesn't want England to win - which would probably be a bit much.

It was to me, and I put "almost hope we don't win..."

Sterling hate is laughable.

He's the type of player that has to be playing against defensive teams as he's the only player we have who'll hit the byline and stretch defences in the same way Draxler does for Germany. Blame Woy for only taking one winger rather then starting Sterling. Don't need runners against a side that'll park a double decker bus, need players that can can move the bal quick and move between the lines/to byline.

Yeah, don't remember him doing that whatsoever

He looked terrified out there, can't remember him trying to go past a man when out wide. Even when there is space to run into and only one man in front of him he still checked back

He needs to man up and put that out of his mind but easier said than done. Needs a good confidence boosting before hitting the pitch

He looked terrified out there, can't remember him trying to go past a man when out wide. Even when there is space to run into and only one man in front of him he still checked back

He needs to man up and put that out of his mind but easier said than done. Needs a good confidence boosting before hitting the pitch

This. Never tries getting to the byline. We could do with Wilshere I reckon, never thought I'd say that.

This. One of the more frustrating things when you see a player who clearly has the pace and skills to run at a defender and absolutely terrify them, but doesn't. You don't even need to have that good a final ball in those situations. If you get a defender that scared, you're going to get a few free kicks off him, and likely a penalty eventually. The cutting inside just slows everything down, lets everyone in the opposition get back into position, and makes it doubly hard to do anything.

Comparing a football player to the ****ing referendum shows how incredibly thick you are. Wp.

Sense of humor bypass alert.

Like i said originally. Get over yourself

Although as it goes. Making a point about a footballer and then your feelings about a game of football makes much more sense than doing the equivalent with politics regardless of whether it was a **** take

Sense of humor bypass alert.

Like i said originally. Get over yourself

Although as it goes. Making a point about a footballer and then your feelings about a game of football makes much more sense than doing the equivalent with politics regardless of whether it was a **** take

Surely you needed to be funny in the first place?

Surely you needed to be funny in the first place?

sorry everybody, being totally serious now. i'm ashamed of myself, my fellow countrymen and even more so the players of the england team, i shall not be supporting them against Iceland. bloody politics :(

brb just heading to the wales thread to make sure they are on the same wavelength.

sorry everybody' date=' being totally serious now. i'm ashamed of myself, my fellow countrymen and even more so the players of the england team, i shall not be supporting them against Iceland. bloody politics :(

brb just heading to the wales thread to make sure they are on the same wavelength.[/quote']

I think you are over-reacting :(

Can we not ruin this good thread with more referendum sulking please? :herman:

I'm not thrilled to see Sterling back in the squad but none of us know how good he has been in training this week. He'll probably get subbed if he's awful anyways. I reckon England pick up a comfortable 2:0 victory!

Against Russia he did all that. Reguarly hit the byline and crossed the ball in, just Kane was never in the box. Against Wales he was poor granted, which is why he was hooked for Slovakia game. But he has shown he can do what you have said he hasn't done. Hopefully with Sturridge playing too, when he delivers there will be at least one striker in the box wanting to score. His link up with Rose has also been good in the build up games they've played together.

The question now is will anyone with criticism of England (as in over preparation, selections, friendlies, over-rating of player quality etc. not just 'England are the worst team in the world') be listened to more respectfully, or will fans continue to bury their heads in the sand and be insulting toward them?

Apart from the Russia game, the tactics have been so off.

Hodgson has so much to answer. The main thing being why test and play a diamond in qualifying/friendlies, pick a team clearly based around playing a diamond, and then bottle it back to 4-3-3 at the last minute? It makes no sense, and it clearly didn't suit the players we had.

Not many I guess, but then no England manager would survive 2 flopped tournaments and if Hodgson fails this time, then quite rightly he should go and has failed as an England manager - same as everyone before him, apart from Ramsey, Robson and Venables.

Average means met expectations. No one counts friendlies, unless you're Welsh. He's had 5 tasks (campaigns), and has been slightly above average so far:

Euro 12 - Met expectations

Qualify for WC 14 - Met expectations

WC 14 - Failed

Qualify for Euro 16 - Exceeded expectations

Euro 16 - Failed

Slightly below average overall? :p

Archived