FOOTBALL MANAGER 2013! Works Away From Home

FM13

Hell all.

I just read Raikan007's guide here

it made me realize I'd been a lot more conservative than I needed to be. I've the players to out play other players in the league.

So I changed my tactics last night and I played a lot better. I'm using the following instructions / shape / player instructions below and it's working well (at home).

I'd like to know what you'd suggest I change for a similar tactic but for away games. I suspect I should drop the offside trap but I'm not sure.

Here is my home tactic - http://imgur.com/a/ZawUm

Here is an away alternative I've created but not tested - http://imgur.com/Jz5yOb7

Would be worth putting in the title, or at least in the thread somewhere, that this is FM2013, not 14. For obvious reasons, the vast majority of threads and advice here are on 14 now :)

That said, nothing to say you cant ask for advice on 13 of course :)

I think for people to give advice, you would need to give some more detail. So how strong are you compared to the rest of the league (can see your in season 3)? What are the problems you are facing away from home? Is it defensively?Attacking? Teams sitting in?

At a glance, one thing that jumps out is that your shorter passing at home, but then direct away. What prompted this?

As i say, more detail will give you better chance of advice :)

Would be worth putting in the title, or at least in the thread somewhere, that this is FM2013, not 14. For obvious reasons, the vast majority of threads and advice here are on 14 now :)

That said, nothing to say you cant ask for advice on 13 of course :)

Yeah :/ I normally do.

I think for people to give advice, you would need to give some more detail. So how strong are you compared to the rest of the league

Much stronger now. I think the last team report I got on my rival put them at 1-2 1/2 stars compared to mine team which were 3 stars and upwards.

(can see your in season 3)? What are the problems you are facing away from home? Is it defensively?Attacking? Teams sitting in?

I think they're sitting in and hitting me on the break. I'm having a lot of the ball (nearly always over 60%).

At a glance, one thing that jumps out is that your shorter passing at home, but then direct away. What prompted this?

I read somewhere that slow tempo works best with short passing and direct passing works with quick tempo. I guess my idea was to try and hit them on the break when they were trying to catch me on the break.

I've just dropped the offside trap option from my home tactic. I don't know if it's working or not.

I just changed to this style in the closing of last season. Maybe it's due to lack of familiarity. That said, the players adapted to it really quickly.

As i say, more detail will give you better chance of advice :)

What is it you're looking for. I dont know what else to provide except individual player instructions. Tell me what you want to know and I'll get that information for you

Archived