Friendlies for U21 team - I can't book any!

Playing as Ebbsfleet (semi-pro in Skrill South). The problem I'm having is keeping my fringe players fit without killing my U18s. The U21s aren't in a reserves league, and the only option I get when booking a friendly with the U21s is to play my U18s. If I try to choose another team, even one without a division or their U21 team, I always get the reply that they're too busy. So I have no choice but to have my U18s play their league game on Saturday and then play against my fringe players on Wednesdays, and they're starting to feel it. Is there a workaround for around this?

You need to rotate more to keep your fringe players fit by playing first team games.

If you still can't manage it your squad is too big, its perfectly possible to keep around 22 players match fit. The odd player who isn't won't make much difference when he plays the odd game.

Answering my own post for anyone who finds it by searching...

As of 1st Jan, my U21 team were able start booking friendles again. I can only assume that there's some underlying code that assumes that teams below the bottom rung are involved in their regional cups etc. so can't play. As of new year, they must've all been knocked out :)

It certainly made the second half of the season more managable!

Archived