BBC or ITV for the final?

Andrew_

BBC or ITV  

102 members have voted

1. 1. BBC or ITV

BBC with Radio 5 commentary. If it was ITV only I'd just do what I've been doing for the rest of the tournament - tune in at the time of kickoff. Glad tonight's going to be an Andy Townsend-free zone, though.

depends on the co-commentator for BBC

if it's Lawrenson, I don't think I can stand him talking about "ze Germans" for another 90 minutes. I'd just miss Chiles and all that crap, tune in about 7.50 odd

No adverts means BBC.

No Andy Townsend means BBC.

No Adrian Chiles means BBC.

Thierry Henry and Clarence Seedorf means BBC.

BBC easier to get in HD too... ITV HD requires going through additional channels etc.

I think Fabio Cannavaro is the only consistently good thing about the ITV coverage. BBC's coverage has been far better.

BBC all the way.

Really hope hardly no-one watches it on ITV so when figures are released it'll be like 14m for BBC and 1m for ITV :D That would surely spell the end for most of the crap they have their like Dixon/Townsend/Chiles.

The game averaged 15.1 million (a 54 per cent share of viewers) on BBC1 and 3.3 million (a 12 per cent share) on ITV1.

from http://metro.co.uk/2010/07/12/world-cup-final-viewing-figures-see-bbc-score-big-win-over-itv-444944/

So I think it'll be pretty similar this time around. :)

won't BBC's pundits be the infamous "Al and Al" and probably Rio? thought Henry was away in the MLS and Seedorf is away as well doing something

the only bad thing about ITV's commentary is really Chiles, the pundits aren't that bad apart from Ian Wright and his "gaffer" thing with Hoddle. Chiles can be avoided by not watching the build up :cool:

won't BBC's pundits be the infamous "Al and Al" and probably Rio? thought Henry was away in the MLS and Seedorf is away as well doing something

the only bad thing about ITV's commentary is really Chiles, the pundits aren't that bad apart from Ian Wright and his "gaffer" thing with Hoddle. Chiles can be avoided by not watching the build up :cool:

Alan Hansen is a pretty good pundit tbf. Alan Shearer is awful. Rio has been inoffensive. The only bad thing about him is his accent :D

Not sure who the pundits will be but Hansen is confirmed for it. Plus Lineker is good at his job.

Hoddle is awful. Ian Wright is worse. Lee Dixon and Martin O'Neill are quite good tbf, though.

I guarantee that people will be missing Hansen next season on MOTD when he retires tonight, despite the amount of bad things that have been said about him for years which are sort of merited but not when you see the crowd coming to replace him

really hope they don't use Savage much, probably the worst one of the BBC/ITV bunch. I don't mind Hoddle actually, he generally knows the game and isn't bad to listen to. Same with people like O'Neil and Dixon

I guarantee that people will be missing Hansen next season on MOTD when he retires tonight, despite the amount of bad things that have been said about him for years which are sort of merited but not when you see the crowd coming to replace him

Completely agree with this.

really hope they don't use Savage much, probably the worst one of the BBC/ITV bunch. I don't mind Hoddle actually, he generally knows the game and isn't bad to listen to. Same with people like O'Neil and Dixon

Yea Savage is truly dreadful, always has to shout to get his point across which is really annoying, as it's not even a good point his trying to get across just some ****, was so annoying when they had him alongside Seedorf/Henry as meant you didn't hear from them much :(

depends on the co-commentator for BBC

if it's Lawrenson, I don't think I can stand him talking about "ze Germans" for another 90 minutes. I'd just miss Chiles and all that crap, tune in about 7.50 odd

It's Mowbray/Lawrenson commentating on the BBC.

BBC with Radio 5 commentary. If it was ITV only I'd just do what I've been doing for the rest of the tournament - tune in at the time of kickoff. Glad tonight's going to be an Andy Townsend-free zone, though.

Same here with 5live,if it was only ITV I'd have SSN on until kickoff,adds don't bother me I'd make a cuppa or have a wotsit same as if I was at the game!

PS Edit,I don't like the studio pundits on both channels!

BBC the lesser of two evils. Clarke Carlisle so boring, Chiles just dreadful, Hoddle and Wright are terrible and adverts and Townsend is the most awful **** of all. BBC have Lawrenson, Savage can be annoying but they're nothingo n ITV levels. Sam Matterface for ITV has been fine but he's one of few.

So, BBC.

Got really bored and irritated with Hansen in the last few years but when you compare him to Shearer, Savage and all the rest he really is miles ahead.

Replace him with someone better, yes. Replace him with bigger morons.. no thanks.

Got really bored and irritated with Hansen in the last few years but when you compare him to Shearer, Savage and all the rest he really is miles ahead.

Replace him with someone better, yes. Replace him with bigger morons.. no thanks.

Not a lot of better pundits around tbh. The likes of Henry still aren't fully available... who's better that's available? I can't really think of anyone tbh.

Not a lot of better pundits around tbh. The likes of Henry still aren't fully available... who's better that's available? I can't really think of anyone tbh.

There are lots of really good pundits about but sadly BBC and ITV (and Sky tbh) will always go down the route of ex players, I'd be quite happy if they had an ex player as well as a journalist (a good one, not one of the ones we see on **** like The Sunday Supplement) they won't though as Joe Public will ignore what the journalist says on the grounds "well he's never played the game so what does he know" and the ex player will likely do the same.

Thus we're left with blithering idiots like Savage and Shearer :(

Rio's double breasted jacket is nice but not suitable for the event imo...looks a bit silly sitting on a panel wearing that :D

I had one like that back in the 70s,its just too much,,,,,,really annoyed with BBC at the mo because they haven't turned the audio option on only T in the Park

Archived