Match 13 - Group F - Iran vs Nigeria - Monday - 20:00 BST

CaptainPlanet

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happened?

Was just an egregiously late dive from an Iranian player. Wasn't paying enough attention to tell you who though, I'm at work. But it was like he was running through the stage directions for the dive in his head. "Ok, gotta start diving. Maybe should begin with a stumble. Oh damn, that wasn't much of a stumble. I'll try a little hop instead. WHOA, too much hop, better bend the knees a bit. Almost forgot, hands in the air. Now slide, pose, then grab the knee."

Can't believe Scotland only got a draw against this mob

Probably they were more disappointed by the draw then Scotland were...

An NEC player just entered the field during the WC. Who'd of thunk it ^^ As NEC have been relegated to the Dutch 2nd division, this indicates quite well what quality game we are watching. Sadly, this is the first absolutely torrid game of the WC IMO.

Doesn't beat the situation 2006, where Togo had a player from the German Oberliga or so :D

Booed. :D

I think Iran played well, in accordance to our expectations. It was Nigeria who stank. They could have done better with the precision of their passing.

They never play a route one style of play. I have no idea why they went with that today.

Oh that was dreadful. What were Nigeria doing? Couldnt even make a simple 5 yard pass with making a mess of it. There I was thinking they'd get to the knockout stages. This should have been the late night game, wish it got swapped with Ghana vs USA wouldnt have had to sit through that then.

Draw suits neither of them. Dont understand Iran holding on for it.

Nigeria like every other African team. Athleticism, pace, all the physical attributes, but little technical quality.

That's an unfair generalization.

There's no defending this performance yes. But the issue isn't technical quality. It's focus and discipline. But whatever.

That's an unfair generalization. There's no defending this performance yes. But the issue isn't technical quality. It's focus and discipline. But whatever.
dont pay any attention to him, he's just a typical temperamental Italian.

Great game. Far too much crap defending so far in this World Cup as evidenced by the stupidly high number of goals. Just a pity neither side attempted to kick lumps out of the other :(

:p

Hang on. If Sone Aluko is Nigerian, why was he not playing? Better than their other attacking options. Planks of wood would have been more useful than Emenike, Moses and Azzez tonight however.

@PMLF I saw some Flamengo fans in the crowd having a good time

You'll find Flamengo fans in pretty much every game as Flamengo have fans all over the country, far more than Corinthians for example.

Archived