The World Cup Draft Game First Round Match 3 - football_master_94 Vs JDownie

Gizzy

Who Would Win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Win?

Welcome everyone to First round Match 3 of the World Cup Draft Game.

This match is between

football_master_94 Vs JDownie

1016203_Argentina.jpg1016168_Scotland.jpg

World Cup Forum Users are asked to vote on which team they think would win a match if it were to be played today. Taking into account the players used.

We ask you to keep your decision based on footballing reasons and not your like or dislike for the "Manager" of the team.

Feel free to vote and leave any comments about your decision in this thread, and you can also join in with any chat in the Draft thread. Here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/392025-World-Cup-Draft-Game

The managers of each team can also vote for either team and discuss with other voters.

The result of the voting will be taken in 24 hours, any votes after this time will not count.

Good luck to both managers

JD has a great Midfield and Defence, although I don't think much of his front 3. I'm quite busy atm so won't bother pointing out some of his obvious tactical flaws :brock:, but he still gets my vote.

i picked JDownies team, but its close, was there really noone better than Huntelaar and Gervinho available?

Well there was, but my picks got taken.

I wanted, originally, to have Lavezzi (Ri took him right before I was going to) and Dzeko (he was like round 4, I wanted him at like R8, so a massive misprojection on my part). When Lavezzi went, Cuadrado went (ironically the man I'm up against right now). I was then going to take Lallana, but I wanted a great GK to go with my D so I took Hart which left me with few options for AMR. It was either Gervinho, Antonio Valencia, Nani or André Ayew. And I think that Gervinho is the best out of all of them. Anyone who has watched Gervinho at Roma or for the Ivory Coast will appreciate him - he's been very good for his club in the last 12 months and internationally he's always been good (one of the main reasons he was highly sought after when Arsenal got him).

Huntelaar, I think, is a good pick, considering. There wasn't a lot of quality goalscorers available, which is what I wanted. When Dzeko went, I wanted Drogba, but Gills got him a round or two before I could. Instead of Huntelaar, I was considering Rodrigo Palacio (ARG), Javier Hernandez (MEX) and Rickie Lambert (ENG). In the end I went for Huntelaar because he's a better scorer than all of them, a better player too I would argue, and he's also from a nation which I had no plans on tapping (unlike England, for example), so he worked in that respect. It's also why I ended up with Song instead of Mascherano - I wanted to keep Argentina open for Lavezzi but in the end I took no Argentinians because the ones I wanted went :D

So yeah, Huntelaar and Gervinho might not be the best picks ever but I don't think they're bad picks, especially if you watch Italian/German football and see these guys. Sure they're not top tier players, but they're not 'bad' by any means. Gervinho, for example, has had a better season than Cuadrado of FM's team. I was skeptical of taking Gervinho, I have to admit.

But overall, I'm very happy with my XI. Even if I lose out this round, I'll be pleased regardless because I have picked a proper good team imo. My defence is one of the best in the competition I think. Only really Scott's is better (and even then, it's not clear cut imo). Shame my attack isn't all that but hey, I did my best :D

/essay

e: @Ri hahaha, wp lad. Appreciate the vote nonetheless :D

This would be a drab 0-0 draw. Can see Hazard and Benzema doing a quick one two past Lahm, before Hazard curls the ball around a wrong footed Joe Hart. Vote goes to football master.

Both very well balanced teams unlike others seen previously in this competition, althought I'm not amazed about the amount of attacking talent involved in this tie. Hazard is the outstanding star (aided by Benzema of course), but he's up against quite possibly the strongest defence in this competition with a sublime back 4 and a great keeper, and you'd think a midfield with Griezmann Rakitic Gervinho, whilst none of them true world class superstars, would still be able to cause a lot of problems. Moreover FM94 has 2 fullbacks that really don't convince me - Isla's not the player he used to be, and Guardado's too attacking to be played as a full-back. Only plus point for FM94 for me is that I think he has a slightly stronger midfield although I'd have preferred a genuine creator rather than Asamoah who these days is more used to playing as wing-back.

I think it's a clear victory for JDownie for me, albeit it's going to be a low scoring game.

Archived